Rules Battle Stadium Forum Rules & Simple Questions

marilli

haha super mod go brrrr
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Do you mean in the actual game, or just on Showdown? I'm really disappointed to find out my pokemon from generation 6 and 7 cannot particpate in ranked battles, has it always been this way? I swore I could use what I transferred from XY to Sun/Moon in ranked battles? Am I wrong?
This is how it works in the actual games. Unlike Smogon Tiers, Battle Stadium community has no ability to make administrative Decisions.

We have no intentions of breaking how the game actually handles legality. Whatever will be legal on the rated ladder WILL be free to use in the Battle Stadium PS Ladder. The only difference is when a tournament host decides that a legality change inbetween a tournament round will be applied in the next round of the tournament.

Sorry, what I'm really asking, is that you can only enter Pokemon in ranked battles that were bred in Galar? The official rules just say "Galar Pokedex" Was it like that in sun/moon? I'm not sure now.

Does anyone know if re-introduced HA Pokémon such as unaware Clefable are eligible for the Battle Stadium.

Like if I breed it on my SS game is it able to partake in ranked battles.

This is how it works in the actual games. Unlike Smogon Tiers, Battle Stadium community has no ability to make administrative Decisions.

We have no intentions of breaking how the game actually handles legality. Whatever will be legal on the rated ladder WILL be free to use in the Battle Stadium PS Ladder. The only difference is when a tournament host decides that a legality change inbetween a tournament round will be applied in the next round of the tournament.
Ideally, considering this community is still a smogon community even if within the cartridge framework, I would hope our tours are locked between major updates. It seems like its only minor things for this one so it seems silly to make a big fuss about it, but if for example one of the flexible date expansion passes were released mid tour, I would hope for the sake of competitive integrity that we DO NOT add the update to our tour until the tour concludes, not just inbetween rounds.

I know DW has already made a statement more or less confirming the tours will made started based on the release of the expansions, but just in the case somehow this doesnt happen, I just want my stance to be very clear.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Do you mean in the actual game, or just on Showdown? I'm really disappointed to find out my pokemon from generation 6 and 7 cannot particpate in ranked battles, has it always been this way? I swore I could use what I transferred from XY to Sun/Moon in ranked battles? Am I wrong?
Gen 6 purged anything obtained in gen 5 or earlier. Gen 7 battle spot did allow mons obtained in gen 6 but VGC only allowed those obtained in gen 7. battle stadium seems to be following the VGC rules this gen so I guess it’s following the gen 6 / gen 7 VGC precedent.

I wouldn’t be surprised if in future seasons transferred mons are allowed. At the very least there will undoubtedly be an online competition that allows them. For now though you’ll have to use your transferred mons as parents in gen 8. as for what decisions TPCi makes regarding this; we have absolutely zero idea...

RIP aerial ace Ttar atm :psycry:

what are some good checks and counters for g-max lapras? I know dracovolt can ohko it but I have the worst luck with accuracy if my dynamax runs out and I'm a bit tired of using it.

what are some good checks and counters for g-max lapras? I know dracovolt can ohko it but I have the worst luck with accuracy if my dynamax runs out and I'm a bit tired of using it.
What I like to do is stall out dynamax and punish afterwards. Take advantage of lapras’ meager attacking stats and freeze dry turning into ice type resonance to beat it. Bulky waters, Maranga spd corviknight, WP tar, band darm and most importantly, big boy lax are all super viable options that arent too niche.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
yeah from using Lapras, Snorlax seems to completely own it. Those using Lapras offensively tend to have Thunderbolt over Sheer Cold because they need to hit Water-types while G-maxed. Ttar is also awesome as it eats water moves and ends up reverse sweeping lol

I also had some trouble against Infiltrator Weakness Policy Dragapult with U-turn, the Max Flutterby weakens the Lapras and usually activates the WP, and then knocks out with a STAB move. The problem with that set though is it struggle to fit 4 good moves on (darts, phantom, fly/acro, steel wing, u-turn, tbolt, flame).

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ferrothorn is also disgustingly good against it... The only risk you have to worry about vs. G-Max Lapras is that a 130 BP G-Max Resonance (Sheer Cold) is a 24.6% chance to 2HKO against a Max Hp/+Def Ferro without Leftovers trying to switch directly in... other than that, if Ferro A) is already in safely vs. Lapras, B) has any notable SpD investment, C) has Leftovers, or D) Lapras uses literally any other move on the switch-in (even 120 BP G-Max Resonance from Freeze-Dry is a 3HKO at best), Ferrothorn wins 1v1 by stalling out the Lapras' Dynamax with Leech Seed + Protect. This will also let it burn out Aurora Veil once Lapras goes back to normal. You do have to be wary of Sheer Cold after G-max wears off, but once Aurora Veil is gone and Lapras is weakened enough, it will be safe to finish it off with Power Whip without fear of trigging Weakness Policy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)