Rules Past Format Battle Stadium SQSA

Ok I need some help. I keep running into problems with Dynamax Duraludon. It feels like I can never deal with this Bic lighter. It just dynamax's and runs over my entire team even if I have stuff that hits it supereffictively. I just can't seem to find a counter
Gastradon counters it pretty well and it has recover to get back health after tanking some hits. I use it with sitrus berry

This may not belong here, not sure if this is just for showdown battles but anyway...I have reached ultra ball tier and still just got 20 bp. According to Serebii I should get 300bp and some mints and bottle caps? I'm clearly missing something -_-

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This may not belong here, not sure if this is just for showdown battles but anyway...I have reached ultra ball tier and still just got 20 bp. According to Serebii I should get 300bp and some mints and bottle caps? I'm clearly missing something -_-
that’s awarded at the end of the season

hi there, which is the better Milotic set,
Competitive with scald/recover/haze/icebeam or Marvel Scale with rest/talk/dtail/scald
?

What do you think is the most viable Gmax user? I can see that Corviknight is the most viable Pokemon that can Gmax, but that doesn't necessarily mean Gmax Corviknight is good.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Of the ones that are currently legal on the ladder, G-Max Snorlax is very good and Snorlax actually benefits quite significantly from the effect.

Pokemon like Sandaconda should also use G-Max, and both Sandaconda and its G-Max effect are both quite good - it's just that what makes Sandaconda good (SR, Glare utility) has nothing to do with Gigantamaxing, so it will rarely do so. I think that this is a common theme in G-max. Either their effects are straight-up horrible, or it's a minor boost but too minor to Dynamax them instead of other Pokemon that make better advantage of maxing, especially when the Pokemon in question benefits heavily from its utility.

Of the ones that have not been allowed on the ladder yet, G-Max Lapras seem to be the most relevant one, and it's bound to be quite meta relevant. However, Pokemon like Gengar, Hatterene, and Grimmsnarl are all relevant Pokemon that prefer the G-Max for a minor boost, even though none of them usually present themselves as an ideal Dynamax / Gigantamax target so they'll rarely reveal it anyways.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heyo, what are the major differences between Sylveon and Clefable in this meta?
Pixilate Hyper Voice hitting through Substitutes and being able to spam Yawn really sets Sylveon apart. It also has really nice SpD so it can soft check a lot of special attackers in a pinch.

Clefable can be a relatively decent stallbreaker with the Magic Guard + Life Orb set thanks to its access to Thunderbolt to hit Toxapex and avoiding passive damage. It's just that Yawn is such a crazy good move in BSS that Sylveon gets chosen on a lot more teams (Quick Attack is also nice for picking off all the Focus Sash users).

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Elaborating on what cant say was saying, Clefable is better at breaking than Sylveon, but is still a relatively mediocre but playable breaker in general. Sylveon is one of the better status move attackers in the format, and provides a clear niche that doesnt overlap with other mons as much. That being said, in S1 I would say sylveon was much better than clef, but as the meta progresses, clef’s niche as a special wallbreaker immune to passive damage has grown and sylveons as a yawn attacker has decreased some.

Elaborating on what 1_TrickPhony was saying, the importance of Sylveon as a special wall is not to be understated as its special bulk is significantly superior. Sub / Nasty Plot Hydreigon in particular is a pokemon that is a big issue for a lot of teams and Sylveon is better equipped to deal with this top threat compared to Clefable which is OHKOed by +2 Flash Cannon or 2HKOed when dynamaxing. This line of logic also works for Rotom formes, Togekiss and Charizard. Unlike Clefable, Sylveon can live a Sun Boosted Max Flare from Charizard and click Yawn. This also applies with Life Orb Togekiss's +2 Max Airstream if specially defensive. An underrated aspect of Sylveon is the ability to Pivot utilising Wish, which it is better at doing than Clefable. That being said, I do think that Clefable does have the potential to rise up, especially if Unaware is released.

Hey everyone! I'm really struggling with Togekiss. I am able to check with Focus Sash Excadrill but only if they decide not to go for Dynamax. Even then the Max Airstream ends up hurting me as they become +1. The only saving grace for me tends to be if they try to Nasty Plot before the Dynamax. This is especially true if I have Scarf Ditto. The thing is that if I focus too much on providing a check, that takes up 1 of the 3 slots on my team and there is not a gurantee I will face one every game.

I've tried running a suggested Duraladon set but it ends up feeling like dead weight when I use it which is a same. I quite like that Mon's design and typing.

marilli Thank you so much! Weakness Policy Rockfall sounds really fun at the same time.

I really appreciate it. :D

Last edited:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Togekiss is one of the most threatening Pokemon in the game. Dynamax is also worth a lot, so it's really unreasonable for you to expect to win a 1v1 without spending your own Dynamax unless you have a dedicated counter or is willing to ignore niche options, or possibly both.

Looking down the VR / Usage:

Mimikyu is a generally strong 1-time check to Togekiss. It is faster, so they can't really afford setting up a Nasty Plot, and if they don't then you can just Dynamax and 2HKO with Max Phantasm, and if they are bulky, you can finish off with a Shadow Sneak with its decreased defenses.

If you want to spend the Dynamax on something else, Mimikyu also has access to Trick Room. It can set it up, and sacrifice itself. Then bunch of Pokemon are in a great position to KO it with its Speed boosts working against it.

Weakness Policy Max Rockfall Excadrill is a really good check because it generally beats the Togekiss 1v1, activates its speed boost and Weakness Policy. Obviously it involves matching Dynamax for Dynamax. Focus Sash Excadrill is also a fine set, but that generally means that you want to at least put some prior damage on the Togekiss so that you can KO it.

Weakness Policy Tyranitar wins 1v1. However, it cannot switch into Max Starfall. However, if it were to get the matchup without losing much health, then Tyranitar can tank even a +2 Max Starfall (from Weakness Policy or Nasty Plot), activate its own Weakness Policy, and OHKO Togekiss.

Rotom-H has the perfect defensive typing to wall Togekiss's STAB + Fire move coverage. It does not need to Dynamax to beat it, as Assault Vest + Discharge is a quick stop to Togekiss, but Ancient Power sets will get around it.

Darmanitan-G is an offensive check. Banded Icicle Crash will OHKO the Dynamax entirely, and Scarf still outspeeds the +1 Togekiss and does 75% - which is a ton of damage.

AV Snorlax is pretty much a hard stop to Togekiss. It actually also is able to drop Togekiss's speed with Max Strike, too, which is actually really nice. It means that even if Snorlax goes down after Dynamax ends due to an unfortunate string of Flinches, it will be enough to neuter it.

Sash Cloyster and Aegislash can take a hit and do a lot of damage, but obviously it's not a full-on check, the same reason why your Excadrill isnt a foolproof check.

Ditto can Dynamax and copy its boosts, Durant can one-shot an unboosted Dynamax Togekiss, Gastrodon can Mirror Coat or Yawn it as it takes minimal damage.

There's almost no safe way to hard-switch a Pokemon straight into Togekiss, not use its Dynamax, and survive the encounter and beat it 1v1. That's just being greedy.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Will BSS be affected at all by Home? Will any of the new moves/mons be allowed or potentially be allowed in the future?

Which new Pokemon are going to be worth considering? I feel like chlorophyll Venusaur with dynamax could be effective, but I'm not sure beyond that

At some point yes but not in S3
Do you mean in the actual game, or just on Showdown? I'm really disappointed to find out my pokemon from generation 6 and 7 cannot particpate in ranked battles, has it always been this way? I swore I could use what I transferred from XY to Sun/Moon in ranked battles? Am I wrong?

marilli

With you
Do you mean in the actual game, or just on Showdown? I'm really disappointed to find out my pokemon from generation 6 and 7 cannot particpate in ranked battles, has it always been this way? I swore I could use what I transferred from XY to Sun/Moon in ranked battles? Am I wrong?
This is how it works in the actual games. Unlike Smogon Tiers, Battle Stadium community has no ability to make administrative Decisions.

We have no intentions of breaking how the game actually handles legality. Whatever will be legal on the rated ladder WILL be free to use in the Battle Stadium PS Ladder. The only difference is when a tournament host decides that a legality change inbetween a tournament round will be applied in the next round of the tournament.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)