Tournament Battle Stadium Premier League VII - Finals [won by Houston Stealth Rockets!]

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader

FINALS
<<Spreadsheet>>
<<Scheduling Sheet>>

:golurk: Houston Stealth Rockets (5) - (1) Rustboro Rocky Helmets

S13: backmareep vs DerpySuX
S12: Butch Hardnight vs sioajinopan
S9: Ahsung vs Kiby
USM: chemcoop vs Breckinridge
ORAS: Herv vs DragonWhale
GBU: MZ vs mad dawg

All games are TEAMLOCKED best-of-threes. Please open all three games with the same team BEFORE starting game 1.
You are allowed to bring different Pokemon at team preview for each game.

PLEASE SAVE AND POST REPLAYS!

DEADLINE: Sunday, November 13th, 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-5)

Last edited:

DerpySuX

I’ll encourage ya smile, I’d expect you don’t cry
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
BSPL VII has been a crazy experience for me. Honestly it’s hard to think of something in recent memory that I am this fond of experiencing. It has been an incredible honor to play alongside this much talent, and I have managed to push myself further than I ever imagined as a player.

Seeing my team and myself in finals of my first ever PL is absolutely wild, and I’m super excited to see what happens. I wish the best of luck to everyone playing this week.

That being said, we came here to win. Give ‘em hell, helmets!

pinorska

Banned deucer.
good luck to both teams, I am hoping I get to work with either manager in SV, you're both dedicated and highly knowledgeable. I'm gonna give a slight edge in cheering for the Helmets for their evident passion for the tier and NOVED's help to me. However, they brought *minimize Chansey* against me, which I'm pretty sure is against the Geneva convention, so I'm cheering for my FCL teammate Herv in ORAS

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Last edited:

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
wrapped up BSPL with Butch Hardnight's first ever BSS team, think this is the first time in Smogon SM BSS history that M-Chomp picked up a win!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-1709979565
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-1709979813

It wasn't always super fun hosting, managing, and playing, but I'm glad we found a way to keep BSPL going this year and I hope everyone had a great time. I had a list of things I wanted to do when I joined the community, and winning BSPL was the final item on the list. That achievement has eluded me for 6 years so I'm glad I get to wrap up my Smogon career with the Rockets finally taking BSPL after coming so close the last 2 years.

Shoutouts to the team:
backmareep - the absolute goat, you killed it in your games and your support in the rest of the Gen 8 slots was invaluable. Undisputed team MVP.
Butch Hardnight - you had a tough slate of games and unfortunately were on the receiving end of some bad RNG/matchups but your effort every week in prep was undeniable, I think you'll be ready to take some wins in Invites soon.
Ahsung - you had tough opponents all season long in S9, but you came up with the big wins when it mattered most. I'm gonna miss our practice games as those were always some good and fun positioning battles.
MZ - our season turned around after you simply decided that being 1-2 was not okay and that you needed to win more...and then went on to win the next 4, including finals. GBU has never been a slot I could really help with, so I'm glad I had you to take it on every week.
Herv - best 4k I've ever spent in draft. You picked up ORAS fast, and were really good with following and executing the flowchart matchups we planned out every week. The clutch wins vs excellent BSS players always got the whole team chat excited.
martinvtran - I know it wasn't an easy season, but I'm glad we had you around to hype up the team and cheer during all the games. You were a great community addition this gen, stay on the grind in Gen 9 and you'll be kicking ass in future BSPLs.
Aldrich - the best hypeman to ever go undefeated for the Rockets in 2 BSPLs. Sitting in call watching our games was always a weekly highlight for me.
Moose And Goose - I'm bummed we couldn't squeeze you in, but I'm glad I got you back on the Rockets this year to take the title after falling just shy last year. Enjoy the custom and the gold color in the discord.

And with that, any suggestions for the custom???

Congrats rockets! Well deserved, you guys were a great team

I had so much fun this tournament, I'm sorry to my fellow helmets that we couldn't win it all but it was a great ride. You're all great players and awesome people. Hope to play with most of you again next year & throughout gen 9 :heart:

Thanks for hosting again chemcoop, this community wouldn't be the same without all the work you've done for it, happy to see you get a BSPL win

Last edited:

martinvtran

Banned deucer.
I just wanted to say good job to everyone and congratulations for producing fire battles to watch and a fun overall experience !!! I'm super grateful to be in this tournament, and hard carried, but it does come with disappointment that I did not play to my fullest potential in my games. I owe all my thanks to chemcoop for being a goated manager and producing a great team environment where I was able to meet good players and learn from this, and mostly for being there when I am super needy and need a bunch of tests to feel confident. I couldn't have done it without you for reals, thank you for drafting and believing in me. I'm super proud you finally were able to clinch the well-deserved winning title after coming just short for the past 2 years!!!!

I had a blast this tournament and hope to see you all again, I'll be on my grind <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)