Here is something to believe in!
Welcome to the seventh installment of BSPL, and the second edition of Battle Stadium Singles Premier League! In this team tournament, managers will draft their team from a pool and players and face off against a different team each week. The top three teams will continue on to playoffs to decide who will be the BSPL VII champion! That's half the teams, a 50/50 shot, so you might as well sign up. The champions will get a special role in the Smogon Battle Stadium discord, and new this year: a team custom avatar!
This year, the league will be co-hosted by chemcoop and Aldrich with lineup submission help from Hulavuta and Lego to prevent conflicts of interest and spreadsheet assist from Charlotte. Big thanks to DragonWhale for hosting the previous years and developing the format!
- All games are going to be held on Pokemon Showdown and general tournament rules apply.
- Each week, teams get the following points depending on the result: Win = 2, Tie = 1, Loss = 0
- Teams with equal points are ranked according to their differential (# of sets won - # of sets lost)
- Teams that are completely even at the end of the season for a playoff spot will face each other in 3 sets: one format is selected from each team and the third set will be Gen 8 Battle Stadium Singles
- September 5: Commencement
- September 5: Manager + Player Signups
- September 11: Manager Signups Close
- September 18: Player Signups close - Draft some time this week, to be organized amongst managers
- September 26: Week 1
- October 3: Week 2
- October 10: Week 3
- October 17: Week 4
- October 24: Week 5
- October 31: Semifinals
- November 7: Finals
Manager Signups: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-stadium-premier-league-vii-manager-signups.3707468/
Player Signups: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-stadium-premier-league-vii-player-signups.3707469/
Tentative format and Discussion points:
- Format: Right now, the tentative format is 1 Series 13 SS, 1 Series 12 SS, 1 Series 9 SS,1 USUM BSS, 1 ORAS BSS, 1 GBU
- Number of teams/slots: Depending on # of signups for managers and players, we could end up with a 4 team double round robin, or a 6 team single round robin, with 6 or 8 slots for either.
- Manager starting price could be either, 10k, or 10k with +1.5k for every BSPL VI win.
- Which Gen 8 format should the default for tiebreaks
- Teamlock is enabled as it has been
- No Festive Feud, please do not ask