Tournament Battle Stadium Premier League VII

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
BSPL7.png

COMMENCEMENT THREAD
Welcome to the seventh installment of BSPL, and the second edition of Battle Stadium Singles Premier League! In this team tournament, managers will draft their team from a pool and players and face off against a different team each week. The top three teams will continue on to playoffs to decide who will be the BSPL VII champion! That's half the teams, a 50/50 shot, so you might as well sign up. The champions will get a special role in the Smogon Battle Stadium discord, and new this year: a team custom avatar!

This year, the league will be co-hosted by chemcoop and Aldrich with lineup submission help from Hulavuta and Lego to prevent conflicts of interest and spreadsheet assist from Charlotte. Big thanks to DragonWhale for hosting the previous years and developing the format!

Basic Info:
  • All games are going to be held on Pokemon Showdown and general tournament rules apply.
  • Each week, teams get the following points depending on the result: Win = 2, Tie = 1, Loss = 0
  • Teams with equal points are ranked according to their differential (# of sets won - # of sets lost)
  • Teams that are completely even at the end of the season for a playoff spot will face each other in 3 sets: one format is selected from each team and the third set will be Gen 8 Battle Stadium Singles
BSPL VII tentative schedule:
  • September 5: Commencement
  • September 5: Manager + Player Signups
  • September 11: Manager Signups Close
  • September 18: Player Signups close - Draft some time this week, to be organized amongst managers
  • September 26: Week 1
  • October 3: Week 2
  • October 10: Week 3
  • October 17: Week 4
  • October 24: Week 5
  • October 31: Semifinals
  • November 7: Finals
As usual, this will serve as the general talk thread/meme hub of the tournament, as well as the place where pre-tournament discussions will take place.

Manager Signups: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-stadium-premier-league-vii-manager-signups.3707468/
Player Signups: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-stadium-premier-league-vii-player-signups.3707469/

Tentative format and Discussion points:
  • Format: Right now, the tentative format is 1 Series 13 SS, 1 Series 12 SS, 1 Series 9 SS,1 USUM BSS, 1 ORAS BSS, 1 GBU
  • Number of teams/slots: Depending on # of signups for managers and players, we could end up with a 4 team double round robin, or a 6 team single round robin, with 6 or 8 slots for either.
  • Manager starting price could be either, 10k, or 10k with +1.5k for every BSPL VI win.
  • Which Gen 8 format should the default for tiebreaks
  • Teamlock is enabled as it has been
  • No Festive Feud, please do not ask
Happy posting!

Last edited:

chemcoop

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
Draft is complete! The pricelist is below:

Houston Stealth Rockets
chemcoop20500
MZ12000
backmareep9000
Ahsung9000
martinvtran8000
Butch Hardnight7500
Moose and Goose6500
Herv4000
Aldrich3500

Celadon Yadons
zee12500
Mishimono12000
papiloco11500
Fluore10500
twincell10000
ArcticBreeze6500
11oyd5500
frostyicelad3000
crying3000
Dj Breloominati3000

Fallarbor Flare Blitzers
Egor19500
Psynergy16000
pinorska11500
Jacobnim6000
TectonicDestroyer5500
Raj.Shoot3500
astralydia3000
innovamania3000
adem3000
Lionyx3000
airfare3000
DreamPrince3000

Rustboro Rocky Helmets
Kiby19000
DragonWhale15500
Breckinridge13000
DerpySuX11000
mad dawg8000
sioajinopan4500
AM4000
MeatballWan4000

Overall
chemcoop20500
Egor19500
Kiby19000
Psynergy16000
DragonWhale15500
Breckinridge13000
zee12500
Mishimono12000
MZ12000
pinorska11500
papiloco11500
DerpySuX11000
Fluore10500
twincell10000
backmareep9000
Ahsung9000
mad dawg8000
martinvtran8000
Butch Hardnight7500
ArcticBreeze6500
Moose and Goose6500
Jacobnim6000
TectonicDestroyer5500
11oyd5500
sioajinopan4500
AM4000
MeatballWan4000
Herv4000
Raj.Shoot3500
Aldrich3500
astralydia3000
innovamania3000
adem3000
Lionyx3000
airfare3000
DreamPrince3000
frostyicelad3000
crying3000
Dj Breloominati3000

The schedule for the double round robin is as follows: (weeks start on Monday)

September 26th: Week 1
:slowpoke: Celadon Yadons vs Houston Stealth Rockets :golurk:
Rustboro Rocky Helmets vs Fallarbor Flare Blitzers :blaziken:

October 3rd: Week 2
:slowpoke: Celadon Yadons vs Rustboro Rocky Helmets

:golurk: Houston Stealth Rockets vs Fallarbor Flare Blitzers :blaziken:

October 10th: Week 3
:slowpoke: Celadon Yadons vs Fallarbor Flare Blitzers :blaziken:
:golurk: Houston Stealth Rockets vs Rustboro Rocky Helmets

October 17th: Week 4
:slowpoke: Celadon Yadons vs Houston Stealth Rockets :golurk:
Rustboro Rocky Helmets vs Fallarbor Flare Blitzers :blaziken:

October 24th: Week 5
:slowpoke: Celadon Yadons vs Rustboro Rocky Helmets

:golurk: Houston Stealth Rockets vs Fallarbor Flare Blitzers :blaziken:

October 31st: Week 6
:slowpoke: Celadon Yadons vs Fallarbor Flare Blitzers :blaziken:
:golurk: Houston Stealth Rockets vs Rustboro Rocky Helmets

Last edited:

pinorska

Banned deucer.
"Unfortunate" doesn't begin to describe my series, this game rewards blind luck and nothing else, I am beyond convinced at this point. After getting completely tooled by scheduling with my opponent changing times on me last minute and refusing to provide confirmation prior to the day of the match as to play times, losing this way somehow felt even worse than I had thought possible. My preparation was superior, my play was superior, and I lost, so I don't see a reason to continue engaging in an activity where what is within my control is overwhelmingly outweighed by what is not.

I am done with competitive Pokemon, and you won't get a fond farewell. This community is infected to its roots with a degenerative disease that grows stronger over time but stops short of killing its host. Tournaments used to have a competitive spirit at their heart, this has been transplanted and replaced with an artificial organ that feeds on vitriol and mockery from insecure little boys that heckle by the sidelines and tear each other to shreds over scraps of attention. The environment we fostered has trapped us all like this in a vicious cycle, and escaping it requires acceptance of the harshest reality we all scramble to explain away, that none of the countless straining efforts we put ourselves through here will ever amount to one single shining glimmer of significance. I would make this the end, but Battle Stadium Premier League is still ongoing, and I would never leave so many great friends out to dry, so I'll suffer through a few more games for them.

One last thing before I leave you all to react with disdain, ridicule, and self-righteous fervor, before you do everything in your power to minimize my words and thoughts, box them up and shove them to some cobwebbed corner of your memory, and hope they disappear forever as a stain on your finite time ground to dust. From this moment on, nothing you say matters to me. The foulest insults you hurl with intent to wound will calmly settle at the earth before my feet, and the venom you spit will bring all the pain of a warm summer breeze. You are less than anything you can conceive, while I carry on, brimming with joy distilled from detachment.

Hello BSPL friends!
I am happy to announce that there were a total of 0 Hydro Pump misses in week 1! MZ is this week's most talented Hydro Pump user clicking it one time and hitting one time! Take that 80% acc!

Nobody clicked Hydro Pump either but we don't need to talk about that...
nvm my own teammate used it

Keep up the good work!

e: thanks for the catch Derpy

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Here's the scoop on this week's Hydro Pump Usage!

Good job Rotom-Wash and Suicune users this week for giving me a job! This week Hydro Pump was used a total of 11 times, with only 2 whiffs! Teammates please reassure sioajinopan and MZ that Hydro Pump is a good move because they tied for this week's least accurate Hydro Pumps (1 each).

This week's acc: 81%
Total BSPL VII acc: 83%

chemcoop

Community Leader
Congrats to the Houston Stealth Rockets, champs of BSPL VII!
It appears that the new BSPL trend is teams that traditionally have always come close but can't quite win BSPL will win BSPL each year now. Perhaps the Yadons are next in line zaaya...

An extra special congratulations to twincell, this year's BSPL MVP, with a godly 6-0 record in USUM. It's always fun to watch and play good Gen 7 games, and you delivered those every week.

I'd also like to thank my co-host Aldrich for his help every week and to all of the managers, players, and BSS community members for helping everything to run smoothly with on-time lineups, good scheduling, and hype in the BSS discord. BSPL brings out the best in the community every year, and this time was no exception.

DerpySuX

its hard to breathe but thats alright
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Thanks for the amazing tour everyone. Big congrats to the Rockets.

Thank you to NOVED for being such a fantastic manager, and an extra special thanks to greilmercenary9 for helping me with practice and testing games, especially after the s13 ladder was discontinued on PS. I really couldn’t have come as far as I did without you guys.
Kiby - it was fun bullying current gen BSS with you, hope we can do it again next year.
Thank you to the rest of the Helmets too for being awesome teammates :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)