Resource Battle Stadium Single Series 12 Reservation Index and Analysis Format

Theorymon

A Blast From The Galactic Past!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's that time again, get ready for the return of Battle Stadium Singles analyses!

If you're new to C&C, I'd suggest giving the Grammar standards a look through. Even if you're terrible at grammar like I am, this is a super helpful resource that'll make the GP team's lives easier if you have it handy!

Spelling and Grammar Standards

Quality Control Team

These are the folks that will be checking your analyses. You'll need two stamps from them to get your analysis approved. Make sure you listen to what they have to say if you want you analysis onsite!

Theorymon - BSS C&C Leader
cant say - BSS Head
Psynergy - BSS Head
chemcoop
Kiby
luisin
papiloco
Tox
greilmercenary9
Breckinridge

The Format

The Battle Stadium Singles Analysis format is a bit different than what you may be used to, as its specialized to help solve some 3v3 teambuilding issues! A copy-pastable version of the format is in these hide tags with the expectations for each section, give it a look!

Also an important note: Generally, analyses are going to be targeting new to mid-range players. That doesn't mean we can't have information for advanced players, but generally the former need more help than the later! Also, we're generally targeting cartridge ladder play rather than showdown play.

[SET]
name:
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
item:
ability:
nature:
evs:
ivs: (This is only needed on Pokemon that specifically need a certain IV)

[SET COMMENTS]

* Make sure you introduce the basic premise of the set. Think stuff like "This Necrozma-DM is a bulky sweeper", or "This Yveltal is a dangerous Dynamax Attacker".

* Everything is in bullet points, to make things easier to edit when the metagame changes.

* Avoid getting top specific about stuff like team options, as this will likely change as the metagame matures! Get general when possible.

* You don't need to talk about stuff that's super obvious. For example, it's obvious why Ho-Oh uses Sacred Fire and Brave Bird, so no need to bring it up! However, something less obvious like "Ho-Oh uses Giga Drain to 2HKO Quagsire" is less obvious to newer players and a good thing to mention.

* You should bring up move slashes, however, as players may need help deciding on moves! Think stuff like "Psychic Fangs doesn't give Necrozma-DM as much coverage, but hits Kyogre the hardest" and "Rock Blast gives Necrozma-DM a way to severely damage Ho-Oh". On their own, this isn't shocking information, but this really helps players decide what moves are right for them!

* It's fine to bring up specific strategies or playstyles. Such as Chansey being important to stall, or Bulky Dragon Dance Necrozma-DM playing both offensive and defensive roles, or Ditto being a revenge killer. Don't get too elaborate or specific with the strategies though, like getting in-depth into cores. We may save that for later when the metagame has settled more!

* That being said, if you feel a certain type of teammate is highly suggested for a Pokemon, you can mention it in a bullet point.

Items
========

* If a Pokemon has more than one viable item, then you'll want to add this section! The reason BSS has this section, is because Item Clause is often a serious concern, so this is to help people deal with that issue!

* This is the place to help people decide on their item, so feel free to bring up stuff like "Life Orb is the best item, but Sharp Beak is viable if you're running into item clause

EV Spreads
========

* If your Pokemon has more than one viable EV spread, this is the place to put them! This is something that can help out even more advanced players, by acting as a database for EV spreads!

* 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Jolly: That's how you start your EV build talk! Just say what this does, like "this EV spread outspeeds Calyrex-S after using Agility".

* That being said, this section is not needed if the Pokemon only has one viable EV spread. If a 252 / 252 Spread is the only spread, you don't even need to bring up EVs. If it's something more complicated, then just mention it in the set comments!

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Your Username, Your forum ID]]
- Quality checked by: [[Username, forum ID], [Username, forum ID]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username, forum ID,]]

This is the credits section, so everyone can be recognized for their hard work! Make sure you copy this format. By the way: the forum ID is the numbers in the URL of the user's profile. So for example, if you click me, Theorymon, you'll see that my ID is 29010!

The analysis process

* Before you can post an analysis, you'll need to reserve one in this thread! ONLY RESERVE A POKEMON IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH IT! If it's clear to the QC team that you don't have enough experience with the Pokemon, it will be reassigned!

* For Pokemon that have a ton of sets (like 3-5 sets), you can collaborate with other people! I can't expect everyone to have explored one Pokemon THAT much! If you're going to do that, you need to reserve AT LEAST two sets!

* Your reservation will be approved if either Me, Psynergy, or cant say likes the post.

* You can reserve up to three Pokemon at once. Once a Pokemon is in the QC stage, you can reserve another. Make sure you have enough time if you're going to reserve two Pokemon at once though, so they don't get reassigned!

* You'll have 5 days to get your analysis ready for Quality Control to check it, or it'll be reassigned if you don't contact me. Please get things done in a timely matter. If some bad real life stuff happens that prevents this, feel free to contact me though!

* I'd suggest at first posting a skeleton with just the sets. While these won't be ready for checking, you're free to ask for some input from QC people regardless before you get writing.

* Once your analysis has gotten two QC stamps (make sure to follow their suggestions!), you'll need to change the tag from quality control to GP.

* When your analysis is ready to be grammar checked, post a link to it in the GP queue. The queue is this thread: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/grammar-prose-team-queue-brave-new-world.3656657/

Pokemon to reserve

Currently, we don't have EVERYTHING possible to reserve. These are just Pokemon that are either common, highly influential, or have nothing similar onsite in the old BSS analyses. More Pokemon will be added as analyses get done!

Every Pokemon on this list has a set already on dex. These aren't totally comprehensive, as they don't have every EV spread and are in a even earlier state than your analysis would be. They are a good starting point for a skeleton, however, so check them out!

Battle Stadium Series 12 Sets

Unreserved Pokemon by alphabetical order

Highest Priority

Calyrex-S
Ho-Oh
Kyogre

Very High Priority

Xerneas
Zygarde
Dialga

High Priority

Cinderace
Ferrothorn
Hippowdon
Galarian-Darmanitan
Grimmsnarl
Landorus-T
Mamoswine
Porygon2
Swampert
Tapu Fini
Zapdos

Mid Priority

Dracovish
Dragapult
Kyurem-W
Lapras
Regieleki
Rillaboom
Urshifu-R

Reserved Pokmon

Blissey - Theorymon
Chansey - Theorymon
Tyranitar - Comradesquidwar
Zekrom - DreamPrince

Pokemon in Quality Control

Quagsire - Theorymon
Eternatus - Theorymon

Analysis Rough Drafts (awaiting GP in order of priority)

Gastrodon - DerpySuX
Seismitoad - Comradesquidwar
Shedinja - Comradesquidwar

Pokemon Uploaded!

Zacian-C - Theorymon
Necrozma-DM - DerpySuX
Ditto - Theorymon
Mimikyu - Theorymon
Urshifu-S - DerpySuX
Umbreon - DerpySuX
Yveltal - Theorymon

Last edited:

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey since I posted this thread, I get first dibs right? :P

Anyways, I'll be reserving Zacian-C and Ditto!

I’d like to reserve Necrozma Dusk Mane, specifically the Bulky Dragon Dance set, as that’s the one I’m most familiar
I’ll also take Gastrodon since I kinda keep bugging everyone to use it on discord LOL

Theorymon

Since Zacian-C is in the QC stage (and Ditto is awaiting its last check), I'ma take a crack at another mon while I'm waiting. It's gonna be Yveltal!

Since NDM is onsite and Gastro is in QC, I’d like to take a stab at Urshifu Single Strike. The bear bastard still haunts my dreams so why not encourage even more people to use it :))))))

Theorymon

Happy Pokemon Day! I think Pikachu sucks, so while I wait for the Pokeon Presents, I'll work on the much better Mimikyu instead!

ultracslewisjr

Banned deucer.
I'd love to reserve Cinderace, Reshiram, Volcarona, any and all fire types woo!!

*ahem* let's try Cinderace for now.

Theorymon

I'd love to reserve Cinderace, Reshiram, Volcarona, any and all fire types woo!!

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but we think you're too new and need some more experience before you start reserving analyses. Feel free to keep posting in analysis threads though. I'll let you know when we think you're ready to take on writing an analysis!

In regards to the above, I really hope you don’t take that as anyone thinking you don’t have good ideas or anything. In the times I’ve run into you on showdown, you have shown very clear improvement, and I would say you definitely have potential. It’s just that these analyses need to be very thorough, and so it’s best to have more experienced players writing them.

That's not to say you won’t be able to do one though, keep playing and learning as much as you can, and I’m sure you’ll have the experience to write an analysis in short order :)

Theorymon

I updated a couple of things!

- You can now reserve up to 3 mons, this way some of us (like me) can do stuff faster :P. You can also reserve more stuff as soon as your reserved mon is ready for a QC check! This should speed things up a lot!

- I added some more Pokemon. Mainly, I bumped Zygarde, Dialga, and Xerneas up a reservation tier. This is mostly because there isn't really anything like them in the regular BSS analyses. I also added a mid priority.

Anyways, I'll be doing Chansey and Blissey, might as well do those two blobs!

Also since you asked about it on Discord: DreamPrince I'm gonna let you do Zekrom!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)