Data Battle Tower MkII (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!) [SEE POST #6786]

1v1 LC Singles
5 recovers/5 chills
Switch=lol
Abilities=One
Items=Training
2 Subs

Arena=A Gutsy Pokemon's Paradise!

It is just a regular old arena, an exact copy of the ASB Arena! But it is on a mysterious island in the Caribbean, and the air is very poisonous! Every pokemon gets poisoned the minute they leave their poke balls! And it doesn't go away! Even if you use Refresh or any berries or anything to get rid of the poison, it comes right back the very next action! (Otherwise, just a completely normal arena)
I think Ill take this. I need to train up my pokes.

Sorry about this, but I need a subref for a 4 VS 4 battle here. There promises to be a bunch of UC, with no KOs yet, but I believe I am unable to ref this battle to completion. Note that this is a WarioWare battle, so you'll have to put out challenges for the two battlers to follow (and, in the spirit of WarioWare, have the main challenges only one or two words).

Again, my apologies.

Seeking a 2vs2 Babysitter doubles (Bring 1 LC and 1 FE)
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Training Items
All Abilities
2 Day DQ
2 Subs (Per mon)
Arena: Sahara Dessert
For millennia, mankind has lived and parished in the Sahara. Sand Fubes stretch for miles ad infinitum, only broken up by the occasional large boulder, shaped into unusual and bizarre structures by the sand and the wind. This arena is relatively basic; a sandstorm is always blowing, and cannot be removed. However, if a Pokemon activates Drought or uses Sunny Day, sunny weather will occur simultaneously with the sand. Because of the intense heat and the arid environment, Hail and Rain are impossible to use. There is no water, and no grass, however, the boulders are there, so moves requiring rock sources are usable. Additionally, the sand is easy to dig through, decreasing the energy cost of the move to 6.
Summary:
-Permanent Sandstorm
-Sun allowed at the same time
-Rain/Hail cannot be used
-No external grass/water sources
-Digging costs 6 energy rather than 8.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

6v6 FE Singles
2 Day Player DQ Time
∞ Recoveries/∞ Chills per Pokemon
2 Substitutions
Switch=OK
Abilities=ALL
Items=ON
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

I am itching for a "real" battle. Do not be afraid to bring out your big guns against me, as this is what I want. A simple, full blown, 6v6 FE match, on the arena. Who here wants a "real" battle?

OPEN CHALLENGE

6v6 FE Singles
2 Day Player DQ Time
∞ Recoveries/∞ Chills per Pokemon
2 Substitutions
Switch=OK
Abilities=ALL
Items=ON
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

I am itching for a "real" battle. Do not be afraid to bring out your big guns against me, as this is what I want. A simple, full blown, 6v6 FE match, on the arena. Who here wants a "real" battle?
I'm returning to ASB with my new bout of free time (BREAKS AND NO HW FTW). So, if you want a challenge, this may not be what you want. But if you want a battle? That's what you'll get.

EDIT: Accepting EspyOwner.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Open Challenge

2v2 NFE Doubles (I will bring a LC and a Basic)
ASB Arena
Training Items
1 day DQ
No chills / recoveries

Accepter can do the rest

Test Gym Match, I'd like an opponent who can put up a serious fight (COLLOSOIL BANNED)

4v4 Doubles (I bring 6)
2 Day DQ
Orders First=Coin Flip
All Abilities
Items=Training preferably, but you can go real items if you insist
Switch=OK
Arena: Monolith Hall [Flavor not finished, effects are at the bottom]
There is little in the world that dwarves the mighty skyscrapers of Castelia City, and little in the world that outmatches Nimbasa City’s energetic atmosphere, but the titanic Monolith Hall manages to do both. Roughly a cube of solid red rock, it rises high above its mountaintop perch, seeming to pierce heaven itself with its indescribable size.

Even the road to the base of Monolith Hall is a long and arduous hike up the face of the mountain, winding through narrow switchbacks and pebble-strewn pathways. Climbing up the dangerous and heart-wrenching trail, the challenger begins to hear a deep rumbling, steadily growing as they ascend higher and higher.

Standing in front of the gateway to Monolith Hall is a moving experience in itself; the cliff face seems to stretch on for eternity above you and to both sides. The thundering roar has gotten even louder now, and the entire experience makes the already exhausted challenger feel unnervingly small. The stone door, surrounded by intricate carvings of rock-type Pokemon and rock-type instruments, is so smoothly set it is barely discernible from the rest of Monolith Hall. Struggling and failing to find any sort of opening mechanism, the challenger takes seat on a nearby bench to catch their breath.

STOMP STOMP CLAP.

With a boom somewhere between an epic guitar riff and a landslide, the stone door slides down into the floor. Already standing in the doorway is a small crowd of Shieldon, their heads bouncing up and down to the pulsing beat. A Bastiodon in the rear of the group glares at the challenger before sluggishly turning around, gesturing for the trainer to follow the group. With the door open, the dull noise coalesces into a definite tempo and the music steadily grows louder.

STOMP STOMP CLAP.
Unexpectedly, the interior of Monolith Hall is in fact not a concert hall – it is a mazelike catacomb of corridors organized in a seemingly random fashion. As the door slides shut behind the challenger, they quickly realize the complete darkness and become instantly grateful for the marching Shieldon herd, who appear to know the way by heart. The beat grows louder and louder as the group treks through the mess of tunnels; it seems to reverberate through the stone like a massive sounding board.

STOMP STOMP CLAP.

After at least a half hour of meandering through the hallways, a small glimmer of flashing light sneaks its way into the pitch black tunnels. The Shieldon suddenly scurry off into a variety of side paths, returning to their rockbound homes, leaving the challenger to foray forward by themself. Approaching the light, their challenger shakes in their very boots, the music is deafeningly loud, and adjusting from utter darkness to brightly flashing lights is a disorienting experience.

STOMP STOMP CLAP.

Still, climbing out from the door into Monolith Hall, the challenger finds themselves atop the stone pillar. Looking around, they find themselves in the center of a sea of rock-type Pokemon, roaring along with the hammering music into an assault of pure sound. A magnificent Bastiodon statue rises from one end of the flat surface, its jaw holding a stage with a live band and its forehead a wall covered in amps in stage lights. Monolith Hall itself seems to throb with the rumbling bass, and the roar of the crowd is in perfect synch. Upon seeing the challenger, the mob steps back slightly, leaving a ring around the challenger about ten meters in diameter. Still pumping to the beat, the crowd is eager for the fight to start.

STOMP STOMP CLAP.

Lee Straton, son of the legendary Bastiodon herder Don Straton, and rock-type gym leader, also appears to double as lead singer and guitarist. He pauses for a moment in his rocking and strikes an epic pose upon a stone pillar thrusting above the crowd.

Arena Effects:

-Permanent, Unchangeable HARD ROCK(Weather Rocks work).
-HARD ROCK functions similarly to Sandstorm, with a few minor exceptions. Rock-type Pokemon are accustomed to the ROCKIN SOUND, and therefore suffer no negative effects from it, including stuff such as Solarbeam and Morning Sun. Thanks to the existence of metal and grunge, steel- and ground-types still suffer no damage, but their Sand Veils, Sand Forces, and Sand Rushes are not activated (unless they are also a rock-type). In addition, other weathers happen in addition to the HARD ROCK, seeing as how it is not really a type of weather. Regular Sandstorm cannot be summoned.
-No external water
-No external grass
-Rock Slide ignores the damage reduction for multiple targets, and becomes 100% accurate
-All rock-types Pokemon gain Sturdy in addition to their regular abilities. If they already have Sturdy, this is replaced by Solid Rock. If they already have both, they are Carracosta and don’t need it.

Dropping my second match with Wanderer and taking Leet's test gym match.

2 subs
Items = On (I go hardcore)
2 recovers / 5 chills

One question though: does Air Lock/Cloud Nine/etc get rid of HARD ROCK?

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Putting out two simultaneous challenges!

1v1 Weak FE Singles
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Abilities = All
Items = All
Switch = lol
1 Substitution
ASB Arena

And my second one...

4v4 LC Doubles
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Abilities = All
Items = Training
Switch = OK
1 Substitution per mon
Arena: Acceptor's choice

Taking the 4v4 LC doubles

3 day DQ
Arena: Pokéstar Studios

The battle takes place in front of the green screens at Pokéstar Studios. The special effects team can provide the effects needed for all moves to work as normal. In addition, some of Pokéstar Studios' finest props are available for use in the battle. Once per round, each Pokémon may use the Use Prop command, specifying which prop and which of its moves they wish to use (eg, Use Prop (Majin’s Slack Off)). This command has the same priority as the move being called, costs 4 energy plus the energy cost of the called move (with no modifier for STAB), is not subject to consecutive use energy penalty, cannot be used in combos and cannot be encored or prevented by any preventative moves such as Taunt and Torment, with the exception of Embargo. However, each prop may only be used once per round. If a Pokémon attempts to use a prop that was already used in the round, the command will fail.

When a Pokémon uses the Use Prop command, the effect depends on the move being used. Moves that target opponents will work as normal, except all damaging moves will deal damage based on the props’ attributes (including STAB) as opposed to the Pokémon’s. All props have rank 4 attack and special attack except Black Belt and Monica, who have rank 6 attack due to Huge Power, and other attributes of props are specified for individual moves when necessary. Also, moves that usually have to be used on several consecutive actions such as Outrage will only be used once on the action the prop is used. Self-targeting moves or moves that target only the user and allies will be used as though the Pokémon is using them. Finally, if a move that targets opponents has additional effects that apply to the user of the move, these additional effects will not apply at all unless specified otherwise.

The props and their possible moves are as follows:
  • Flare Blitz (WC 3, Reckless)
  • Iron Head
  • Psychic
  • Wild Charge (WC 3, Reckless)
  • Focus Punch
  • Hammer Arm (speed drop applies)
  • Jump Kick
  • Mach Punch
  • Taunt
  • Amnesia
  • Baton Pass
  • Counter
  • Flame Charge (speed boost applies)
  • Ingrain
  • Lucky Chant
  • Rest
  • Toxic
  • Ice Beam
  • Night Shade
  • Psychic
  • U-turn (switch applies)
  • BubbleBeam
  • Counter
  • Recover
  • Signal Beam
  • Chatter
  • Defense Curl
  • Flail (BAP based on Pokémon's remaining HP)
  • Growl
  • Hammer Arm (speed drop applies)
  • Headbutt
  • Head Smash (WC 2)
  • Iron Head
  • Needle Arm
  • Perish Song
  • Teeter Dance
  • Thrash
  • Acid
  • Dark Pulse
  • Double-Edge (WC 2)
  • Explosion (if used, the Humanoid prop is unusable for the rest of the battle)
  • Ice Punch
  • Night Slash
  • Rock Slide
  • Scratch
  • Selfdestruct (if used, the Humanoid prop is unusable for the rest of the battle)
  • Shadow Claw
  • Slash
  • Crunch
  • Dual Chop
  • Slack Off
  • Swords Dance
  • Earthquake
  • Iron Head
  • Spark
  • Surf
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Flamethrower
  • Metal Burst
  • Thunderbolt
  • Crush Grip
  • DoubleSlap
  • Focus Punch
  • Growl
  • Rage (attack boost applies whenever the Pokémon takes direct damage)
  • Stomp (SC 7)
  • Teeter Dance
  • Confusion
  • Dark Pulse
  • Clear Smog
  • Discharge
  • Flame Burst
  • Icicle Crash
  • Overheat (special attack drop applies)
  • Signal Beam
  • Dark Pulse
  • Flamethrower
  • Hyper Beam (sluggishness applies)
  • Ice Beam
  • Baton Pass
  • Inferno
  • Mirror Coat
  • Toxic

Posting a challenge for 2 battlers who would like me to ref at arena:

The Tower of Heaven is an ancient structure that stretches deep into the clouds, the heavens, and far beyond. It is composed of a material similar to rock, but far more durable and nearly impossible to break. Most of the structure is open-air giving a good glimpse of the clear sky. Moss and other small plant life have grown on the outcropping on the rock-like material with small butterflies flying about. There are small streams and pools of water within the structure for Water attacks and Water Pokemon. The battle will take place within one of the many chambers of the tower.

All moves can be used within the Tower of Heaven. However, there is a catch. Within my hands is the Book of Laws. At the end of each round, I'll write down a new law. The laws restrict what attacks, actions, or commands you may or may not take in battle. Violation of any law in battle will still allow you to perform the command, however the offender will be struck down with a lightning bolt that deals 10 damage flat and ignores abilities, weakness, and resistance. The lightning bolt cannot be deflected, dodged, evaded, or otherwise blocked. It will hit the Pokemon behind a Substitute, find its way through Double Team, and will go through Wonder Guard. Pokemon that are immune to Electric attacks by ability or typing will still be struck down and will gain no benefit such as Motor Drive's Speed boost. Violation of multiple laws in an action will drop down multiple lightning bolts on the offender depending on how many laws they've broken in a given action.

For instance, Pikachu decides to use Thunderbolt on a Staryu. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Pikachu will be smote once for 10 damage. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt and all Electrical attacks, Pikachu will be hit twice for 20 damage. Finally, if I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Electrical attacks, and super-effective moves, Pikachu will be struck thrice for 30 damage.

If there's any questions or need clarification on anything, PM me.

Summary: All moves can be used initially, however new laws added in each round will restrict what commands can be used. Violation of any law will be penalized with a lightning bolt dealing 10 damage flat ignoring typing and abilities. Combatants can be penalized multiple times in an action.

Teleportation Corollary: If this arena is picked randomly as a result of arena effect, then the ref is free to generate up to three rules for the combatants to follow until a new arena is chosen.

I will be abusing the laws, so this is only for those who are open to this fact and want a challenge!

Also taking Ullar and Objections match

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)