Pending BDSP Meta Battle Menu Placement

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
BDSP is the newest addition to the Showdown meta and yet it is shoved off into the bottom middle of the battle menu selection screen. I think it would only be sensible to place it above SS OU especially since the amount of meta options for BDSP is much smaller compared to gen 8.
We will not place it above SS OU because the SWSH formats are still the main formats for smogon and VGC. BDSP is more like LetsGo rather than Gen 9.

As for moving it elsewhere, I think its fine where it is now personally. Priority is currently in the order of: SWSH Singles/Doubles, Nat Dex (very popular set of formats), Other Metagames (of the month + always available ones), and then BDSP.

We will not place it above SS OU because the SWSH formats are still the main formats for smogon and VGC. BDSP is more like LetsGo rather than Gen 9.

As for moving it elsewhere, I think its fine where it is now personally. Priority is currently in the order of: SWSH Singles/Doubles, Nat Dex (very popular set of formats), Other Metagames (of the month + always available ones), and then BDSP.
Interesting, I'm glad you think that especially considering others have stressed the opposite in this thread. Why not post a public poll instead to see what the community thinks or would that be too sensible and fair? With all do respect, this is a "we" situation, not an "I" situation.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Interesting, I'm glad you think that especially considering others have stressed the opposite in this thread. Why not post a public poll instead to see what the community thinks or would that be too sensible and fair? With all do respect, this is a "we" situation, not an "I" situation.
The only thing set in stone here is SWSH formats being first. As for a poll, people can "like" the OP (original post) to support this suggestion. And 3 people is not enough. I just stated my opinion above, and if they support that they can "like" that.

The only thing set in stone here is SWSH formats being first. As for a poll, people can "like" the OP (original post) to support this suggestion. And 3 people is not enough. I just stated my opinion above, and if they support that they can "like" that.
Fair but I think giving the thread more than 2 days after being created would be a more realistic timeframe to analyze all of this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)