BDSP BDSP OU (Dual Magic Lati) Peak #3

Hi guys!

BDSP OU has been one hell of a tier to play. I'd like to share a team that features both Latias and Latios. I was always a fan of both of them having almost no switchins (Sp def Scizor and Blissey being the most common ones now), and with Latios being suspected for a second time, I want to share this team that I peaked with a while ago after the Gengar ban.

times and places top 5.png

Here's the team preview!

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Surf
- Sleep Talk

Being one of the best Pokémon in BDSP OU now, I knew for sure this would always be reliable to break through many teams, even if carrying checks like Blissey, Jirachi and Scizor. The first three moves are staples for having the most coverage (I use Surf instead of Thunderbolt as I felt Heatran is slightly more threatening to my team than Empoleon / Gyarados / Azumarill). Sleep Talk gives me an edge over Breloom and Roserade, who use their signature Spore and Sleep Powder attacks. I found Sleep Talk's utility a lot more useful because of those threats rising, especially after the Gengar ban.

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Latias on the team has been so valuable. Its role is to revenge kill setup sweepers (particularly Dragon Dance Gyarados/Feraligatr) and keeps my team healthy if needed, thanks to Healing Wish. Draco Meteor being the strongest STAB, it is a must. Thunderbolt for the aforementioned water type threats, and Ice Beam does pick up kills on Dragons I don't wish to risk missing Draco Meteor with, Breloom and Gliscor. The BoltBeam combo never has let me down. Latias isn't as powerful as her brother, but it cleans up nicely after!

Garchomp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I chose Garchomp as my Stealth Rock support with the chosen set carrying Swords Dance and EdgeQuake combo. Garchomp helps check other Stealth Rock users like Heatran and Jirachi, which annoys Latias and Latios a lot, and keeps Lucario in check as well. Stone Edge is used over Dragon Claw/Outrage so that Togekiss cannot wall it. Being a ground type does provide the immunity to Volt Switch, being very useful against Rotom-W, making going into Latios to drop Draco Meteor very fun!

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Moonlight

Clefable provides a win condition for the team as well as providing great physical defense support, thanks to the Fairy type and Unaware ability. Flamethrower helps beat Scizor and fishes for burns on opposing Clefable on occasion. Clefable does so well against Garchomp and Special Defensive Scizor, which both are threatening to the team depending on their sets. EVs are to help gain maximum leftovers recovery+1, while being max defense to stop Garchomp and check Scizor, which can't 2HKO with Bullet Punch if it's specially defensive and not offensive, while Clefable 2HKOs with Flamethrower. Also stopping Belly Drum Azumarill is also an additional bonus!

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

With Latios being one of the most used Pokemon in BDSP OU, obviously checks will follow. I included Scizor in my roster to specifically check opposing Latios. It also checks Clefable without Flamethrower and provides great utility with U-turn, helping bring in Crawdaunt and Latios so I can attack with powerful STAB attacks.

Crawdaunt (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer

Crawdaunt is so amazing in BDSP OU. It's almost doesn't have any switch ins, with Tangrowth and Poliwrath being the only reliable ones, defensively. Crawdaunt decimates stall teams, as well as bringing Clefable and Scizor into the danger zone thanks to Crabhammer. Sludge Bomb is used to get the 2HKO on Tangrowth, assuming it comes in on Knock Off. I used to have Swords Dance, but I never really used it, as Crawdaunt usually wants to get immediate damage to help the team out.

Threats:

- Garchomp is the only one who can handle Lucario after a Swords Dance boost, since Lucario can't OHKO with ExtremeSpeed, while Garchomp OHKOs.

- It's annoying more than a threat, but I need to scout for Flamethrower on Clefable if I use Scizor to check it.
- Choice Band 2HKOs Clefable and Scizor and I can only revenge kill it with Latios and chip with Crawdaunt.
+Friends- Flash Cannon is annoying to switch into and if I lose Scizor, then Magnezone's teammates usually picks off from there.

Thanks for reading! Any ways to improve the team will be taken seriously! Cheers

https://pokepast.es/28abbe1ff0dbb7ab

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)