BeachBoy's Warstory (one for the ages)

Hey Hey Smogon, long time no see. ;D

Well last night I went to bed thinking of ways to change my team after a rough day on shoddy (2-8). I had just made an offensive team, that on paper seemed excellent, but it never clicked on the field. So going to bed I thought of ways to change and overall get better so I didn't get destroyed with it today. So I woke up headed to the team builder online, mixed this and that finally making a decent team to start the new testing. So run over to shoddybattle, edit and pretty much scrap most of my former team... Get on that server we all know and love. Only 83 people on this morning, making the player pool less diverse, which usually drives me away from shoddy, but ay what the hell let's just do some battling today!

First I scroll over to see what battles are going down to see a person named "albatross", which I believe is like some giant seagull ~I dont know, and this guy just shred the kid apart with two pokemon. So after witnessing his triumph I click that 'long wait' find tab. ;P

My Team (We goin' Old school yall) ;D

(doesn't represent full order of team)

Now I refrain from showing my opponents team here, and who doesn't love a little surprise. ;) And of course I can't get my hands on devamps of his team ;P

Key
  • Blue Bold, size 2, deals with me...
  • Blue text no bold size 2, is the commentary
  • Orange Bold, size 2, is my opponent
  • Stealth rock and leftover percents and such edited out and factored into damage final at end of turn ;D
  • The Battle log will remain normal (in terms of bolding and colors), as I heard people hate bold or something Idk
  • There are no spectators"people watching/talking" in this match (thank god)
Damage Key
(After log I'll post the pokemon's health/status/+'s/-'s in color)
  • Green (99% - 80%)
  • Light Green (79% - 60%)
  • Color (59% - 40%)
  • Color (39% - 20%)
  • Deep Red 19% - 0 (faint)
Rules
Now of course this is a ladder match but here are those rules...
  • Sleep Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Strict Damage Clause
Let the Match Begin!

albatross sent out Heatran. (both lv.100 heatran/gyarados?)
BeachBoy sent out Gyarados.
Gyarados's intimidate cut Heatran's attack!

Of course, it just happens to be the guy I just saw murder someone, talk about a great self-esteem booster there! It looks like I'm going to give him my best shot if I look to come out on top this match. Well he starts out with heatran, now here I have the advantage... Just by remembering the battle I just witnessed It has protect and tuant. So fill in Heatran's main attacks Fire Blast and Earth Power, I already have the upper hand. Intimidate really does nothing here unfortunately though. So what should I do... Well I'll dragon dance to get the ball rolling in my favor more.

albatross switched in Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi? well duh).
Gyarados used Taunt.
Celebi fell for the taunt!

Just peachy, not only is it Gyarados's main counter celebi, I happen to also misclick and tuant instead. Actually tuant should be great here as if it's a baton passer I won't have to worry about calm mind passing and what not. So average celebi carries Grass knot and sometimes u-turn. So I'll switch to lucario to get him in for the resistence some nice damage later on.

BeachBoy switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ? okay enough of this, everyone's name is the pokemon).
Celebi used Grass Knot.
It's not very effective...
Lucario lost 21% of its health.
---
Lucario //. 79%
---

Well I took that expected grass knot, He'll probably switch, hmmm I'll sword dance to begin lucario's possible hurting as I know he doesn't want celebi is this kind of situation, cause grass knotting more just leaves him wide open for destruction.

albatross switched in Gliscor.
Lucario used Swords Dance.
Lucario's attack was sharply raised.
---
Lucario //. 79% //. +2 attack
---

Sheesh he's got the main counter to all of my pokemon so far. Is this a stall team? Hmmmm probably not... Well I'm not risking lucario, I'm going to need it for that celebi in the future I believe. Wasted swords dance there. I've expected all of his moves so far, so earthquake for cario? Sub? Stealth Rock? Well I'll go to swampert, it can roar it if sub, and SR is SR, if he earthquakes I'll be able to take it.

BeachBoy switched in Swampert.
Gliscor used Stealth Rock.
(Pointed stones float in the air around my team!)

Well Stealth rock really isn't welcome with this team, Gyarados hates it, and my switching due to being an offensive team doesn't help too. I don't have a rapid spinner so no stoping that. You know this is a bad switch now, could have gone to gengar in this situation, well I'll just take swampert this time... well at least lucario wasn't further injured. Good thing about my swampert is it doesn't carry surf/hydro pump. I carry Ice beam, so I could just Ice it and get giscor out of this game. But already learning this guy he'll switch, and probably to that dang Green bean. So expecting that... I'll just go ahead and set up my rocks ;D

albatross switched in Celebi.
Swampert used Stealth Rock.

Okay my rocks are now in there, but celebi returns once more... well I don't want swampert to just eat it just yet, gliscor is still in this game and swampert could need to come in on it once more. Well so far expecting what his celebi knows I'll go to Heatran, take that grass knot and counter that grean bean.

BeachBoy switched in Heatran.
Stones bite into tran's armor of lava
Celebi used Thunder Wave.
Heatran is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
---
Heatran //. 88% //. Paralized
---

Ah! Wasn't expecting that. Must have thought Cario was coming in. Well instead Tran is hit for a little damage by the stones and then twaved. Hmmm... Well remember he still has his own heatran, and now that I'm down and slowed greatly, he may switch to his take a fire blast and shred mine with an earth power. tehehe then earth power to fudge his heatran on entry >D

albatross switched in Gliscor.
Stones charge into the devilish gliscor
Heatran used Earth Power.
It doesn't affect Gliscor...
Leftover granysmith apples refresh the gliscor.
---
Gliscor //. 94%
Heatran //. 88% //. twaved
---

Mmmmm... dang he got me there again. Okay well at least my stones did some minor damage to glis, though it's lefties fail most of that cause. Well he wouldn't switch in gliscor if it didn't have earthquake. So bet that's coming to rid heatran from the game. Mine as well bring in salamence to get something going in my favor again.

BeachBoy switched in Salamence.
Salamence's intimidation scares gliscor incredibly. >D
Though the shaddy rocks bomb the dragon, cutting life.
Gliscor used Earthquake.
It doesn't affect Salamence...
A part of an apple heals gliscor a tad.
---
Salamence //. 75%
Gliscor //. 100% //. -1 attack
---

Well again rocks are hated on my team, nothing I can do salamence takes the 4th on that one. But I predicted correctly and no more harm was taken. Well here is where the going gets rough... I can Fire blast expecting celebi to come in to take the hydro pump. I could Hydro Pump but get taken by celebi. I could draco meteor and just... well hey let's just let the friggin meteors falls on whoever it lands >D

Salamence used Draco Meteor.
Gliscor lost 100% of its health.
albatross's Gliscor fainted.
Salamence becomes exhuasted and special falls deeply.
---
Salamence //. 75% //. -2 special attack
Gliscor //. 0%
---

(6-5)

There we go! Finally rock someone off the board. Salamence loses that special attack, but good finally got gliscor out of play, that's music to lucario's ears and mine. Hmmmm well let's see who's albatross's bounce back guy.

albatross switched in Medicham (lvl 100 Medicham ?).
Sharp stones feed into the fighter.
---
Salamence //. 75% //. -2 special attack
Medicham //. 94%
---

Gee I don't know medicham that well... I've heard of choice band versions though. Well it could be an ice punch or something to rip up my dragon here. I'll go to Pert and see what happens.

BeachBoy switched in Swampert.
Razord rocks slice into the bulky beast.
Medicham used Psycho Cut.
A critical hit! (you gotta be fudgin me)
Swampert lost 89% of its health.
Hanging on it's little health the apple restores a bit.
---
Swampert //. 11%
Medicham //. 94%
---

dangit... well hax on ST.luck day yesterday didnt like me, this better not be a theme. Well Cham doesnt have lefties so I guess it's a choice band here. Though it looks here like swampert is done for. He's done his job. You did well buddy thanks for the rocks...

Swampert lost 11% of its health.
BeachBoy's Swampert fainted.
---
Swampert //. 0%
Medicham //. 94%
---

(5-5)

Well basically my only wall is down and out, good thing gliscor is already gone. Hmmm a medicham? Let's see I still have two very capable intimidaters to take it on. So I'll weather that attack down a bit.

BeachBoy switched in Gyarados.
Gyarados's intimidate cut Medicham's attack!
Dark stones rip through the water kraken.
---
Gyarados //. 75%
Medicham //. 94% // -1 attack
---

Well gyarados did it's job by intimidating, but unfortunately hurt by those darn rocks in the process. I'll waterfall to put a nice dent into cham as it needs to taste some pain already T_T

Gyarados lost 49% of its health.
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Medicham lost 65% of its health.
Gyarados's leftover's heal a tad.
---
Gyarados //. 32%
Medicham //. 29% // -1 attack
---

Well gyarados did put that nice dent I was looking for, but unfortunately is slower here. He knows I'll switch, and he himself is locked onto a choice band I believe. I'll go over to my other intimidator and see what I pull out this time. Good thing though that Dos is at 32% that means he gets another chance in the future and rocks wont fully kill him next time around.

BeachBoy switched in Salamence.
Salamence's intimidation works like a charm on medicham ;D
Rocks fly into salamence cutting it's wings.
Salamence lost 48% of its health.
---
Salamence //. 2%
Medicham //. 29% //. -2 attack
---

Well intimidation again, but salamence is just out of it by now, 2% is nothing to really work with. Mine as well through everything it as into a final shot to KO cham or deeply hurt someone coming up.

albatross switched in Bronzong.
stones put a tiny cut into the plate of steel.
Bronzong lost 41% of its health.
Salamence's special attack was harshly lowered.
Bronzong's leftover apple heals the damage a small tad.
---
Salamence //. 2% //. -2 attack
Bronzong //. 59%
Medicham //. 29% //. -2 attack
---

Just great, another fine wall to interupt me again. Well It does do one thing though, it hits bronzong so hard it knocks its health a bit in range for one of my other weapons. Now Im locked on meteors so Im definitly attacking once more. And no way would he waste his hypnosis on a dragon saying bai bai to the game, So gyro ball must be in order here. I gotta just let salamence put a little more of a dent there, then eat it. Here goes!

Bronzong lost 22% of its health.
Salamence's special attack was harshly lowered.
Bronzong used Gyro Ball.
Salamence lost 2% of its health.
BeachBoy's Salamence fainted.
Leftovers heal bronzong some once more.
---
Salamence //. 0%
Bronzong //. 43%
---

(4-5)
(I'm 4 for the record)

Well that worked out just fine, Salamence KO'd gliscor in this match so it did just fine. Nice work on denting the plate of steel as well. Unfortunatly It's not quite in range just yet. Gotta give another oomph for that. AHA! Gyarados will have some health coming in. He could give me just enough power to get it in range.

BeachBoy switched in Gyarados.
Gyarados's intimidation cut Bronzong's attack!
Black cold stones fly though my leviathan.
---
Gyarados //. 7%
Bronzong //. 43% //. -1 attack
---

Gyarados used Waterfall.
Bronzong lost 31% of its health.
Bronzong used Gyro Ball.
Gyarados lost 7% of its health.
BeachBoy's Gyarados fainted.
Leftovers once more come into refresh Zong a tad.
---
Gyarados //. 0%
Bronzong //. 18% //. -1 attack
---

(3-5)
(To recape the pokemon.)
BeachBoy: Heatran, Gengar, Lucario
//. albatross: Heatran, Celebi, Bronzong, Medicham, ???

He's still hiding something, though he has no clue I have gengar either, well Gyarados bit the dust, but did it's job to perfection. Making bronzong in range for the KO. But still... he could have switchd teams and tran scarfed. mmmmmm I dont know... let's see.

BeachBoy switched in Lucario.
Scard rocks barely bite luke
---
Lucario //. 76%
Bronzong //. 18% //. -1 attack
---

Well he still has that grean bean, so he might switch to that... Or think I think he's switching to celebi and that'll swords dance and then rock me with earthquake. Hmmmmm I not taking a chance of letting cario go down. ROCK M' SOOCUM!

Lucario used Close Combat.
Bronzong lost 18% of its health.
albatross's Bronzong fainted.
Lucario's defence was lowered.
Lucario's special defence was lowered.
Lucario's life orb takes a tool on him.
---
Lucario //. 66% //. -1 defense //. -1 special defense
Bronzong //. 0%
---

(3-4)

Good got that out of the way, but what is that other pokemon he's hiding. Crap better not be scarfchomp.

Stones rip into celebi.
---
Lucario //. 66% //. -1 defense //. -1 special defense
Celebi //. 88%
---

Snap, fergot about green bean for a moment. Well it's way to healthy for crunch to OHKO (I think). Mmmm and probably twave so I can't go to gengar. And wants to twave me so his ??? pokemon could come and get me. Argh, well only option left then is heatran. Here goes.

BeachBoy switched in Heatran.
Rocks thus tear into heatran.
But it failed!
Leftovers spice up celebi into refreshment.
---
Heatran //. 76% //. twaved
Celebi //. 94%
---

Well did as I thought he would, but celebi gets more recovery. :/ Dang, so Heatran is spec'd (yes lol 2 specs poke on a team) You know if I fire blast he'll just bring in heatran and then im could be in big trouble. You know what, let's just blow the fudge up and see what we can do to celebi.

albatross switched in Medicham.
Stones hit the fighting pokemon.
Heatran used Explosion.
Medicham lost 23% of its health.
albatross's Medicham fainted.
BeachBoy's Heatran fainted.
---
Heatran //. 0%
Medicham //. 0%
---

(2-3)

Medicham bites the bullet, but heatran also goes down. Well I have lucario and gengar, he has an unknown mystery. A almost full health celebi and heatran. Well he might send out his ??? pokemon, and I guess it's a revenge killer like scarfchomp or something. Ill send in Gengar to get it then.

BeachBoy switched in Gengar.
Stones rip into celebi and gengar
---
Gengar //. 88%
Celebi //. 82%
---

Well dang, still don't know the other pokemon. :/ Well No way is lucario taking the wave here. Gengar let the shadow ball rip!

Gengar used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Celebi lost 71% of its health.
Gengar is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Leftovers cure some of celebi.
---
Gengar //. 88% //. Twaved
Celebi //. 17%
---

About time that celebi took a nasty shot, Scarfgar you rock! Well took the twave there so gengar looks pretty hopeless now that his speed is gone.

albatross switched in Heatran.
Stones hurt heatran
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Heatran lost 21% of its health.
Leftoves heal heatran some.
---
Heatran //. 73%
Celebi //. 17%
---

Well heatran takes some damage there, and yes! It has leftovers, meaning no scarf here. Well it still will outspeed me and hail naws chance Ill switch to lucario here. So just going to stay in and eat it I guess.

Heatran used Fire Blast.
Heatran's attack missed!
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Heatran lost 19% of its health.
Leftovers heal a tad for heatran.
---
Heatran //. 60%
---

Well a little hax there, but hey I got a crit earlier so it evens out I guess. Hmmm well got a small dent but still he's faster and gengar isn't going anywhere here, mmmmmm here goes!

Heatran used Fire Blast.
Gengar lost 88% of its health.
BeachBoy's Gengar fainted.
Leftovers kick in for tran.
---
Gengar //. 0%
Heatran //. 66%
---

(1-3)

sigh, well gengar's down and out, heatran's healing, celebi waiting in thw wings injured badly and a pokemon I have no clue about that's at full health. I'll I got is lucario left. Depending on his unknown pokemon this doesn't look too good for me.

BeachBoy sent out Lucario.
Stones hit cario a tiny bit.
Lucario used Close Combat.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 66% of its health.
albatross's Heatran fainted.
Lucario's defence and special defense was lowered.
Life orb sucks off of lucario's power.
---
Lucario //. 53% //. -1 defense //. -1 special defense
Heatran //. 0%
---

(1-2)

Well Heatran's down, now for that ??? poke, or celebi to bit the crunch, hmmm please please please let lucario be able to KO his ??? poke.

Stones rough up celebi.
Lucario used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Celebi lost 4% of its health.
albatross's Celebi fainted.
A purple orb burns into lucario's skin deeper.
---
Lucario //. 43% //. -1 defense //. -1 special defense
Celebi //. 0%
---

(1-1)

Well good thing celebi wasnt full health, but if his ??? poke could KO lucario why didnt he send it out? Oh yeah life orb is taking a toll, not to mention down in defenses. Oh boy this is it.

albatross switched in Dugtrio.
Stones hit duggy for a tad.
---
Lucario //. 43% //. -1 defense //. -1 special defense
Dugtrio //. 94%
---

Oh snap, I hate it when im right about revenge killers, is it a scarfd earthquake? A Banded sucker punch? At this point Im in shock I guess, I have no clue wether Ill OHKO. and this duggy could possibly wipe me out as im pretty weak and my defenses are down. I swiftly click close combat, and shockly miss press so I unclick the attack, stoping it giving me time to think. Well here is where my noobish mind kicks in... but you now going first with extremespeed really is the way to go, so just wing it I guess. Here goes nothing! >D

Lucario strikes with Extremespeed.
Dugtrio lost 94% of its health.
albatross's Dugtrio fainted.

BeachBoy wins!

albatross: gg
BeachBoy: GG

After intense moments of predictions, sacrificies, and an excellent match.... Lucario pulls it out in the clutch for the win.

Props!
  • Salamence and gyarados's abilities played a big role in the game
  • Lucario for an excellent finish
  • Albatross for an excellent match and prediction
  • Aqua smeargle for the creation of sprites, pe2k for other first generaton sprites. PC_GEEK95 for the bronzong devamp. Search engine for other devamps.
  • Swampert for getting rocks in
  • Albatross's celebi did quite well in this match
  • Medicham, sheesh that was tough to deal with
Slops :/
  • My heatran didnt do to good.
  • My prediction wasnt good at moments during the game
  • Not having a devamp for medicham and gliscor :/
I had a blast during this battle and I hope you enjoy'd reading it.
And as a recap, this was albatross's team:

Thank you for reading! =]

Wow your really good at formatting stuff. Nice Battle and tight finish. How did you get Heatran and stuff to look RBY. It's pretty tight. Nice job.

Thanks everyone, and my props tell who made the devamps rhykune ;D

Score's too big? Hmm Im size it down then, thanks again. ;D

EDIT: some parts of the battle (log) seem to size down to one when I don't want them too, sorry for that everybody.

Thanks everyone, and my props tell who made the devamps rhykune ;D

Score's too big? Hmm Im size it down then, thanks again. ;D

EDIT: some parts of the battle (log) seem to size down to one when I don't want them too, sorry for that everybody.
You either saved the log .doc (word) or accidently made some size one, press CTRL + A to make all the same size, and then then edit the bigger ones (score..etc).

I like the format, everything about it.

The last move, when you said you clicked Close Combat... I had been pretty let-down, until I kept reading.

Nice.

Sweet finish. Surprisingly easy to read considering all the color coding, but it worked out pretty well I think.

FYI, Cham was probably Scarfed. it has Pure Power, so increasing its speed is the most probable thing to do. I would have to run damage calcs to be sure.

FYI, Cham was probably Scarfed. it has Pure Power, so increasing its speed is the most probable thing to do. I would have to run damage calcs to be sure.
You know, I never thought of that, good point Hit3. Well then I'll rememeber that next time when facing cham. Thanks!

Thanks for the complements everyone, and auto... Yeah I really had a struggle with what I should do there, guess that was my noobish mind talking, but ultimately I thought priority would do the best, and it worked out perfectly. ;D

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
I liked the story.

The RBY recolours were cool, the luke one looked like shit though..

I liked the story.

The RBY recolours were cool, the luke one looked like shit though..
You know, I kinda just realized that as well. Ill change it to another one. May be a bit better pixeld and such.

Also added some more commentary as looking at it has made me think some more things I had during the battle.
So yeah thanks for reading people.

EDIT: added a new lucario devamp, its more RBY looking but i dont maybe it's an improvement. *shrugs*

No problem on Cham. I have batled you before, and you were a very good opponent. (cordial, polite, fun) and we had a good battle. Slice was watching...:)

I forgot to say that it was very well written, and the way you did health was kinda cool. Although, you should either write ".79" or 79%, as .79% is VERY small :)

No problem on Cham. I have batled you before, and you were a very good opponent. (cordial, polite, fun) and we had a good battle. Slice was watching...:)

I forgot to say that it was very well written, and the way you did health was kinda cool. Although, you should either write ".79" or 79%, as .79% is VERY small :)
Thanks! ;D

haha another good point.
//. <- that's the "intended" divider, 79% is the health
but yeah it looks like .79% doesn't it?

I'll change that now and take out the percent, thanks.

this was prolly one of the best warstories ive read. ever. i liked how you personalized the SR. you put a lot of effort into this, i can tell. and good job on the win. you deserved it.

albatross certainly should not have kept his Gliscor in on your Salamence when he had seen your Lucario, that was a pretty bad move on his part.

I personally don't like the different 'The pointed stones dug into' and 'Pokemon's leftovers restored its HP a litte' changes, but they give it a certain flavouring I guess.

Quite an enjoyable warstory, even if it was pretty clear that without Gliscor he was going to lose once you got Luke in on something not named Celebi/Celebi on low hp... Which you did.

I really liked the format of this warstory was the best to read out of any I've ever read. The random sizings were weird but. GG, you aren't the best player I've seen but you aren't bad either, was a good battle.

A great warstory, and I love the personalization of SR. I did notice one error, though--during your Lucario sweep, you said Lucario had -1 Defense, -1 Special Attack. Since you used Close Combat, it should be -1 Special Defense instead of Sp.A.

@ kusninja: thanks, and yeah I tried really hard to make this look good and such, guess it turned out alright.

@ earthworm: glad you found it enjoyable.

@ freshkicks: yeah definitly no were near greatness or anything like that, I still have a lot to improve on. thank you. and some random sizes were things I couldnt control sorry about that.

@ mike r: ah! How did I make that mistake so many times, I kne it was Sp.Def but I guess I was tired and put attack. wow Ill edit that now, thanks for pointing that out. Thank you.

Beachboy, you're back!

Shame I am quitting for a while :( I would have wanted to analyze and take a closer look at you're intriguing and new team.

I commend you for a great match and fantastic formatting job. I want to see this archived.
5 starred it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)