Beauty of Annihilation

Introduction:

Although this is the first RMT I've posted, I have been playing pokemon since 4th gen. With this RMT I would like to show some insight into my teambuilding process and playstyle. My playstyle is most definently what most players would recognize as either stall or semi-stall. I would like to emphasize two points, the first is to counter the pokemon not the type. For example saying "I put heatran on my team to counter fire types" fails to take infernape into account. On the other hand saying "I put heatran on my team to counter Volcrona" is a much more specific and vaild statement. It gives Heatran a well defined role on the team and has the important implication that Heatran is not vital to your teams sucess if you opponent does not have Volcrona. The other point is how important having a clear set goal is to both teambuilding and gameplay. In this case the goal is to use entry hazards to wear down and kill the counters for CM roar Latias. I have had a decent amount of sucess with this team. During the last suspect round I peaked at 1399 CRE on the Smogon server. While the Smogon server was down, I played on the PO server and am now at 1418 CRE there. I will take any and all suggestions under consideration, especially ones on how to use Quagsire as I do not have much experience with him yet.

Teambuilding:

For a stall team I follow a simple formula of 2 pokemon general core, 2 pokemon meant to counter specific threats, 1 spinner, and 1 spinblocker. Additionaly, the team must have a stealth rock user, either spikes or toxic spikes, and preferably a cleric. The last condition I found is necessary for a stall team is either a set-up sweeper or a perish song user to kill thier last pokemon with. A set-up sweeper is prefered as it allows you to have a win-condition as well.
For 5th gen the main 2 general cores are Jirachi/Gliscor and Skarmory/Blissey. Skarmory/Blissey has considerable more utility than Jirachi/Gliscor in spikes and aromatherapy, so that is what I decided to use. Here is a short list of the more common threats to the Skarmory/Blissey core:

Theats:

Taunt SD Gliscor
Mixed Tyranitar
Infernape
Mixed Salamence
CM Reuniculus
Ferrothorn
NP Thunderus
SD/CB Terrakion
SubCM Jirachi
Crocune/Croanything
Refresh/Sub CM Latias
Taunt Gyarados
Certain varieties of Bulky Volcrona
Taunt WoW Mew

The next 2 pokemon are supposed to cover as many pokemon as possiible on this list. For the physical/mixed sweepers I have chosen ResTalk Gyarados and for the special sweepers, notably Reniculus, I chose a set sugessted to me by Nails, Roar/Reflect Latias. After some testing I found that Reniculus would always end up as the last pokemon due to its ability and still end up sweeping me. I chose to change the Latias set to CM/Roar so that I could turn a Reniculus sweep aginst my opponent. It was only later that I realized how this Latias set could be a tremendously dangerous sweeper.

The next pokemon required is a spinblocker. Honsetly in 5th gen there are only a few spinblockers that are viable in OU, and Jellecent is quite obviously a step above the rest. The last teamslot is dedicated to a spinner. At this point my team still needed to cover Ferrothorn and needed a Stealth Rock user. After thinking about it the choice was obvious, Forretress. Forretress is one of the few rapid spinners that can take Ferrothorn's power whip multiple times, and is the only one of these that can also use stealth rock.

Closer Look:

Juggernaut (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Pain Split

You can't touch this I'm the Juggernaut bitch. Forretress has a few very specific roles on my team The first role is to switch into Ferrothorn and keep it from getting any spikes layers up . With pain split and rapid spin Forretress can stay in on Ferrothorn indefinently and get my own stealth rock up. The second job Forretress has is to kill LO SD Terakion. Terakion is a tremendous threat to my team as at +2 it ohkos or nearly ohkos my entire team. Under normal conditions I will have to sacrifice the least useful member fo my team to get Forretress in safely to kill Terakion with gyro ball, or at least wound it enough for it to die to LO recoil. The last role is as a general stealth rock/rapid spin user. If my opponent does not have a spiker/ferrothorn/terrakion I find that I am able to sacrifice Forretress in order to get stealth rock up without causing problems for the rest of the team. I have decided to not use toxic spikes on Foretress for three reasons. First of all I cannot spare the moveslot, and secondly out of all of the counters for Latias only Tyranitar and Blissey aren't immune to tspikes, and thirdly there are many pokemon that I do not want statused or would rather have burned/paralyzed. The name comes from a lesser know internet meme; just put "I'm the Juggernaut" into youtube.

Leto (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave/Toxic

Everybody already knows that blissey is a tremendously durable special wall. By herself Blissey can handle almost any special attacker. In peticular the ability to switch into specs Latios with little fear is extremely important. Only Blissey, Chansey, tyranitar, and Jirachi can switch into any of draco meteror/surf/hp fire without getting 2hkoed. To an extent Blissey does fear getting hit by a specs psycho shock or trick, however specs psycho shock will allow me to get a layer of hazards up for free and a specs non-wish Blissey is still very functional. As for my Blissey set I prefer to use Healing/Utility/Seismic Toss/Status.Blissey's name comes from the Greek Titian godess of the unseen and is one of my favorite names to use for charaters in video games.

In 5th gen Blissey does get competition for a teamslot by its own pre-evolution, Chansey. Chansey takes approximatly 1/3 less damage from attacks in excange for losing the passive healing of leftovers. This makes Chansey much more durable than Blissey but also much more susceptible passive damage, like sandstorm or entry hazards. The difference in how much damage Blissey and Chansey take hovers between 5%-15%. This means that on turns that Blissey takes little or no damage she will end up with more hp than Chansey. It is only when attacks do 80% or more damage in one turn that evolite becomes more worthwhile than leftovers. There is also the common issue of having Blissey/Chansey getting tricked a specs or scarf from latios or rotom-w. In this case a tricked Blissey would clearly be superior to a tricked Chansey.

I have tried pretty much every useful move Blissey can learn for the utility spot and none of them have been as useful as the Aromatherapy set. Aromatherapy contributes to both the defense and sweeping abilities of my team. It allows Gyarados to safely rest when needed without fear of having to sleep talk the correct move later on. It also lets Latias sweep even if it took an unwanted status during the midgame. This means I can play agressivly with my Latias and switch her into rotom-w without fear of a burn or into Politoed without fear of toxic. It also means I can keep Latias in on Jirachi and accpet the body slam paralysis in order to roar it away, which is a crucial part of using CM/Roar Latias to wear down its counters. Wishbliss would be my second choice as it allows me to keep Gyarados healthy even if stealth rock is on the field, and lets me not have to use rest, however it does not give me the flexability with Latias that Aromatherpy does. Ice beam used to be an interesting choice for this spot as it would allow me to kill garchomp on the switchin, but that era is thankfully gone. Flamethrower would allow me to kill scizor on the switchin, which is one of the greatest threats to a Latias sweep, however entry hazards will eventually kill scizor anyways. Charm is kinda neat on blissey, but it requires that you give up seismic toss and really only forces your opponent to switch more often.

Seismic toss is an obvious move on Blissey. The choice of a status move however is not. I usually use thunder wave for a few reasons. The biggest reason is that I can paralyze Reniculus so that later on in the battle Latias will be able to out calm mind it even if Reniculus switched in first. Other things that would probably be better to paralyze than to toxic are Thunderus and Virizion. Thunderus will take about 50% from Latias dragon pusle and will not be ohkoed by +2 hp ice meaning that if Thunderus is paralyzed Latias can kill it. Virizion is ohkoed by a Skarmory brave bird, but Skarmory will only get the chance to do this if Virizion is paralyzed first. Recenty I have been favoring toxic as it allows me to beat certain healing stat uppers such as calm mind lati@s and bulky morning sun Volcrona. I also realized that it is much more useful to hit tyranitar with toxic on the switchin rather than thunder wave, as a paralyzed tyranitar can still keep Latias from sweeping, but a toxiced one has significant difficulty surviving long enough to stop Latias in the lategame. I have been expermienting with using toxic stalling to kill the before mentioned Thunderus and Virizion, but i will need some more experience with this method before I can say for certain which is better.

Aegis (Skarmory) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Skarmory is far the most irreplacable member of my team, which is why it is kinda strange though that I have the least to say about it. The use of this set is quite straightforward. You come in on physical attackers and spike up in their face, roost when necessary, and whirlwind away stat boosters. Due to the relative rarity of the move spikes, skarmory is the only pokemon capable of both setting spikes and phazing. Both these roles, especially the spiking, are essential to having my team work. The EV spread I use is meant to maximize skarmory's waling capabilities. I am considering adding some speed EV's to outspeed standard taunt Jellecent. Skarmory's name comes from an ancient Greek word for a type of shield, which I think is appropriate as that is what Skarmory's role on my team is.

There are a couple of useful different non-standard moves avalible to skarmory. The first of these is counter instead of brave bird. Sadly due to skarmory's rather large defense and low hp, counter often times does not do enough damage to kill. Also the lack of brave bird makes it much more difficult to acutally finish off opponents at low hp. The other move I have considered is taunt over brave bird. Honestly I haven't tired using taunt skarmory.

Chrysamere (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Roar
- Recover

Latias is the perfect combination of both a sturdy special wall and a tremendously dangerous sweeper. The proper usage of this set determines how sucessful I am with this team. The list of things that can stop a CM Latias sweep is rather small, and all of them take damage from spikes. This is the fact that makes CM/Roar Latias a powerful sweeper. Good special defense and the ability to phaze(which blissey lacks) allows Latias to act as a special wall untill its counters have been removed and set up a sweep. Gettting Latias set up to sweep is the end goal of my team. The EV spread may look a little werid. I put almost all my EV's into defense in order to let Latias survive a pursuit from either Tyranitar or Scizor in the case that I make a mistake and get trapped or if am unlucky enough to roar one in. A few EV's were put into speed so that I can outspeed and eventually beat most taunt/WoW mew. The name "Chrysamere" comes from one of the best weapons in the game Morrowind.

In early game I usually play very cautiously with Latias, usually only resorting to using her to roaring away calm minders. After I get stealth rock and at least one layer of spikes I will use Latias to tank resisted hits and try to catch my opponent's Latias counter with a roar on the switchin. This will hasten the death of my opponents Tyranitar/Scizor/Jirachi quite a bit. In the late game Tyranitar will almost certinly be gone as well as any non-roost Scizor. Jirachi and Ferrothorn can last untill the late game but have a quirk where thieir healing only comes at the end of a round. If you roar them away on the turn where they wish/leech seed you can prevent them from healing back up and cause them to take more hazard damage.

Pringles (Burungeru) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 140 SDef / 116 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball

In 5th gen Pringles is not a spinblocker, but rather Pringles is THE spinblocker. The EV spread I have allows him to avoid getting 2hkoed by either LO Starmie's thunderbolt or Lefties Starmie's thunder. At first it may seem like I have put an excessive amount of EV's into speed, but it is for a very good reason. The given EV's let my Jellecent outspeed all other Skarmory and Jellecent that I have come across so far. This is very important as the faster Jellecent is almost universially going to be the winner in a mirrror matchup.

As far as sets go Jellecent dosen't have that many options. Taunt is really the only useful utility move that Jellecent can learn, so it is only natural to use it and make use of Jellecent's rather good stallbreaking capabilities. Will-O-Wisp is used because burn is a very good status on anything from walls to sweepers and boil over is too inconsistent for my liking. Will-O-Wisp goes very well with taunt as taunt forces many switches and lets me burn more of my opponents team. Recover is a given on a Jellecent set. The last moveslot is a choice between surf and shadow ball. I chose shadow balll for 2 reason, first of all shadow ball lets me severely damage or kill Starmie, Latios and Gengar. The second reason is that my team already has a STAB water move in the form of Gyarados' waterfall, while my team has no other ghost moves.

The decision between water absorb and cursed body for an ability is a difficult one, as both abilities are extremely useful. I have used both of them and due the the rest of my team's composition(Blissey and Latias can take special water moves, while Gyarados can take physical ones) I honestly find Cursed Body to be more useful. Like taunt it forces many switches and allows me to spread more burn. When combined with recover stalling it lets Jellecent beat many pokemon that would normally 2-3hko it, by disabling their only move that can significantly harm Jellecent

Nidhogg (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 255 HP / 108 Def / 144 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Dragon Tail

Gyarados is my second specific counter pokemon. The main things it is supposed to counter are Mixed Tyranitar and Taunt/SD Gliscor,and it does a rather good job at this. Gyarados also is able to realtivly safely switch in and use dragon tail to force out enemy Volcrona, Salamence, and Lucario. The biggest problem I have found with Gyarados is his weakness to passive damage, most notably stealth rock. As such a well played taunt gliscor can switch in ad infinitum and easily wear down Gyarados and force a premature rest. Also +1 facade from Gliscor acutaly does a pretty good amount of damage to Gyarados. I am strongly consideing replacing Gyarados with a Quagsire set that I will mention later.

The moves on Gyarados are pretty set. There is really no other move that can replace any one on this set, except for roar over dragon tail. Despite the annoying 90% accuracy dragon tail is decidedly better than roar due to the small amount of damage it does and, more importantly, the ability to use it while taunted. The EV spread is used so that Gyarados can take advantage of its better special defense and take on mixed or special attackers, such as Volcrona and Salamence.

Alternate/Past Team Members:

Gyarados-->Quagsire
Athena (Quagsire) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Boil Over
- Toxic
- Stockpile
- Recover

Only recently have I started using this set. I used to think that Quagsire dosen't have the stats to make use of his amazing ability, but I was definently wrong. I am definently considering using this Quagsire set over Gyarados. The main reason that I included Gyarados as the team member instead of Quagsire in this RMT is that I am still not used to Quagsire and do not know its full capabilites yet. I am also unsure about what EV spread is the best, as the EV's do make a huge difference in what attacks Quagsire can and cannot take.

Gyarados-->Slowbro
Loki (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regeneration
EVs: 255 HP / 255 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam
- Boil Over
- Flamethrower

Slowbro over Gyarados trades my Terrakion weakness for a Mixed Tyranitar and Volcrona one. Thee bright side of this is that while Tyranitar is much more common than Terrakion, Slowbro is much more durable than Gyarados and alot harder to kill with passive damage due to its ability.

Gyarados-->Hippowdon
Set (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 255 HP / 255 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Hippowdon is quite a sturdy mixed wall. The main reason to use Hippowdon over Gyarados is to keep the weather as a managable sand. With a specially defensive spread Hippowdon can take a boosted hit from either Thunderus or Volcrona and do a significant amount of damage in return. The other thing that Hippowdon does for the team is set up stealth rock without fear of Magnazone trapping it. The biggest downside to Hippowdon is that, despite having ice fang, it makes my team very Gliscor weak.

Forretress-->Hitmontop
Ares (Hitmontop) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 255 HP / 255 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rest
- Foresight
- Rapid Spin
- Low Kick

Hitmontop over Forretress is only an option if Hippowdon is also on the team to set up stealth rock. The only reason to use Hitmontop is to be able to spin away hazards on anything, even Pringles. Other than that Foretress is better in pretty much every way.

Latias-->Celebi
Pixie (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 255 HP / 108 Def / 144 SDef
- Recover
- Perish Song
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Defensivly perish song Celebi functions the same as Latias. It deals with calm minders like Reuniculus fairly well and can kill last pokemon stat-uppers. Sadly it shares the same weakness Latias has in that it easily gets pursuit trapped. Celebi also does not have as good resistances Latias has. Latias fills the same role Celebi does and more.

Playstyle:

Here are some examples of how I think this team should be played.

Battle between BeautyofAnnhiliation and Professor Oak started!

Tier: Wifi
Variation: +22, -10
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Gtfo is watching the battle.
Professor Oak sent out Calgon! (Rotom-W)
BeautyofAnnhiliation sent out Juggernaut! (Forretress)

Start of turn 1
BeautyofAnnhiliation called Juggernaut back!
BeautyofAnnhiliation sent out Leto! (Blissey)

The foe's Calgon used Trick!
The foe's Calgon switched items with Leto!
The foe's Calgon obtained one Leftovers!
Leto obtained one Choice Specs!

Start of turn 2
Professor Oak called Calgon back!
Professor Oak sent out Fire Thorns! (Nattorei)

Leto used Toxic!
The attack of Leto missed!

Start of turn 3
BeautyofAnnhiliation called Leto back!

The foe's Fire Thorns used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of BeautyofAnnhiliation's team!

Start of turn 4
Juggernaut used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Professor Oak's team!

Start of turn 5
Juggernaut used Rapid Spin!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Fire Thorns lost 1% of its health!
The foe's Fire Thorns's Iron Barbs hurts Juggernaut
Juggernaut blew away Spikes!

The foe's Fire Thorns used Leech Seed!
The attack of the foe's Fire Thorns missed!

Juggernaut restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Fire Thorns restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 6
BeautyofAnnhiliation sent out Aegis! (Skarmory)

Start of turn 7
Aegis used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Professor Oak's team!

Aegis was seeded!

Aegis's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 8
Professor Oak called Fire Thorns back!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Calgon!

Aegis used Spikes!

The foe's Calgon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Aegis restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
kokoloko is watching the battle.

Start of turn 9
BeautyofAnnhiliation called Aegis back!
Leto is hurt by spikes!
Gtfo: koko weak

The foe's Calgon used Thunder!
Gtfo: :3
Leto lost 135 HP! (20% of its health)

Start of turn 10
Professor Oak sent out Spinning Top! (Hitmontop)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Spinning Top!
The foe's Spinning Top is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Spinning Top intimidates Leto!
Leto's Attack fell!
Leto used Toxic!
The foe's Spinning Top was poisoned!

The foe's Spinning Top restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Spinning Top is hurt by poison!
kokoloko: grats gtfo

Start of turn 11
Professor Oak called Spinning Top back!
Professor Oak sent out Ribbit! (Politoed)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Ribbit!
The foe's Ribbit is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Ribbit's Drizzle made it rain!
BeautyofAnnhiliation sent out Pringles! (Burungeru)
Pringles is hurt by spikes!

Rain continues to fall!
Pringles restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 12
The foe's Ribbit used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
Pringles lost 114 HP! (28% of its health)
Pringles's Cursed Body activates!
The foe's Ribbit's Hidden Power was disabled!

Pringles used Taunt!
The foe's Ribbit fell for the taunt!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 13
Professor Oak called Ribbit back!

Pringles used Will-O-Wisp!
The foe's Calgon was burned!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Calgon is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 14
BeautyofAnnhiliation called Pringles back!
Leto is hurt by spikes!

PMDrayzen is watching the battle.
Leto lost 138 HP! (21% of its health)
Leto is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 15
The foe's Calgon used Hydro Pump!
Leto lost 202 HP! (31% of its health)

Leto used Softboiled!
Leto regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 16
The foe's Calgon used Pain Split!
The battlers shared their pain!

Leto used Softboiled!
Leto regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 17
BeautyofAnnhiliation sent out Chrysamere! (Latias)

Chrysamere lost 81 HP! (22% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Chrysamere restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 18
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Fire Thorns!
The foe's Fire Thorns is hurt by spikes!

Chrysamere used Calm Mind!
Chrysamere's Sp. Att. rose!
Chrysamere's Sp. Def. rose!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 19
BeautyofAnnhiliation called Chrysamere back!
Juggernaut is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Fire Thorns used Gyro Ball!
Juggernaut lost 15 HP! (4% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
PMDrayzen stopped watching the battle.

Start of turn 20
Professor Oak sent out Black Death! (Dragonite)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Black Death!

The foe's Black Death lost 4% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Black Death restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 21
BeautyofAnnhiliation sent out Nidhogg! (Gyarados)

Nidhogg intimidates the foe's Black Death!
The foe's Black Death's Attack fell!
The foe's Black Death used Hurricane!
Nidhogg lost 183 HP! (46% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Nidhogg restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 22
BeautyofAnnhiliation called Nidhogg back!

The foe's Black Death used Thunder!
Leto lost 77 HP! (11% of its health)
Leto is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 23
Professor Oak called Black Death back!

Leto is paralyzed! It can't move!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 24

Aegis was seeded!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 25
Aegis used Spikes!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 26

Nidhogg intimidates the foe's Fire Thorns!
The foe's Fire Thorns's Attack fell!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 27

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 28

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 29
Professor Oak sent out Wish Granted! (Jirachi)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Wish Granted!
The foe's Wish Granted is hurt by spikes!

Chrysamere used Roar!
The foe's Black Death was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 30
Leto is hurt by spikes!

Leto lost 127 HP! (19% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 31

Leto used Softboiled!
Leto regained health!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Wish Granted restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 32

Nidhogg intimidates the foe's Wish Granted!
The foe's Wish Granted's Attack fell!
The foe's Wish Granted used Wish!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 33
The foe's Wish Granted used Body Slam!
Nidhogg lost 37 HP! (9% of its health)
Nidhogg is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Nidhogg is paralyzed! It can't move!

Wish Granted's wish came true!
Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 34
The foe's Wish Granted used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around BeautyofAnnhiliation's team!

Nidhogg is paralyzed! It can't move!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 35
Professor Oak called Wish Granted back!

Pointed stones dug into Juggernaut!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 36
Pointed stones dug into Leto!
Leto is hurt by spikes!

Leto lost 181 HP! (27% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 37
Leto lost 136 HP! (20% of its health)

Leto used Softboiled!
Leto regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 38
Leto lost 127 HP! (19% of its health)

Leto used Softboiled!
Leto regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 39
Pointed stones dug into Chrysamere!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 40
Chrysamere used Recover!
Chrysamere regained health!

Chrysamere lost 84 HP! (23% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 41

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 42

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 43
Pointed stones dug into Juggernaut!

Juggernaut lost 14 HP! (3% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 44
Juggernaut blew away Stealth Rock!

Juggernaut was seeded!

Rain continues to fall!
Juggernaut's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 45
Juggernaut used Pain Split!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 46
Juggernaut blew away Leech Seed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 47
Juggernaut used Pain Split!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 48

Juggernaut was seeded!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 49

The foe's Calgon lost 5% of its health!
Juggernaut blew away Leech Seed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 50

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 51

Chrysamere lost 52 HP! (14% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 52

Chrysamere used Dragon Pulse!
The foe's Wish Granted lost 15% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 53
A critical hit!
Chrysamere lost 90 HP! (24% of its health)
Chrysamere is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Chrysamere used Roar!
The foe's Fire Thorns was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!
Gtfo: lol @Calgon

Start of turn 54
Chrysamere used Recover!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 55
Chrysamere was seeded!

Chrysamere is paralyzed! It can't move!

Rain continues to fall!
Chrysamere's health is sapped by leech seed.
Gtfo: Nice nicknames Oak

Start of turn 56

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 57

The foe's Black Death used Roost!
The foe's Black Death landed on the ground!
The foe's Black Death regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 58

Leto used Toxic!
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!
Lumi is watching the battle.

Start of turn 59

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 60
Juggernaut lost 16 HP! (4% of its health)
Juggernaut is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Wish Granted lost 1% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 61

The foe's Wish Granted lost 1% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
IFM is watching the battle.

Start of turn 62

Rain continues to fall!
IFM: (12:26:04) +Professor Oak: IFM sucks at team building.

Start of turn 63
The attack of the foe's Calgon missed!

Leto used Aromatherapy!
A soothing aroma wafted through the area!

Rain continues to fall!
IFM: i am extremely insulted
Ice Cream Sundae is watching the battle.
Lumi: (21:34:00) Lumi: When Oak says "you suck" it means your level of awesomeneass is divine
Professor Oak: I used your team and got flat out walled by Jellicent lol
IFM: which one?
Professor Oak: Deoxys one

Start of turn 64

IFM: o-O
Chrysamere lost 77 HP! (21% of its health)
Chrysamere is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 65

Chrysamere used Roar!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 66

MixTar is watching the battle.
Leto lost 133 HP! (20% of its health)
Leto became confused!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 67
Professor Oak sent out Spinning Top! (Hitmontop)

The foe's Spinning Top intimidates Leto!
Leto's Attack fell!
Leto is confused!
Leto used Toxic!
The foe's Spinning Top is already poisoned.

Rain continues to fall!
kokoloko: people need to start appreciating CBTar's usefulness when it comes to destroying stall.
kokoloko: yep.

Start of turn 68
Professor Oak called Spinning Top back!
MixTar: Prof Oak FTW ^^

Rain continues to fall!
BeautyofAnnhiliation: ppl jsut need to start using cb tar over mixtar
Professor Oak: Indeed.

Start of turn 69

Ice Cream Sundae: i hate mixtar
Leto lost 88 HP! (13% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Ice Cream Sundae: it cant ohko a ferrothorn
Comeback King is watching the battle.
Ice Cream Sundae: with fire blast
MixTar: dude
Ice Cream Sundae: ...
MixTar: scarf/specs/CB tars cant beat MixTar
BeautyofAnnhiliation: cb or cs are better in so many ways
Comeback King stopped watching the battle.
kokoloko: lol yeah CBTar is really so much better.
MixTar: I rock polish
MixTar: with Mictar

Start of turn 70
Ice Cream Sundae: i still use dd tar
MixTar: MixTar

Leto used Softboiled!
Leto regained health!
Ice Cream Sundae: cause im pro like thaT

Rain continues to fall!
kokoloko: >rock polish
IFM: CB Tar or spdef tar

Start of turn 71

Pringles was seeded!

Rain continues to fall!
IFM: is best tar
Pringles's health is sapped by leech seed.
kokoloko: IT GETS DD

Start of turn 72

Pringles used Will-O-Wisp!
The foe's Calgon is already burnt.

Rain continues to fall!
Pringles's health is sapped by leech seed.
Ice Cream Sundae: ... u didnt know that?

Start of turn 73

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 74

The foe's Fire Thorns used Power Whip!
It's super effective!
Pringles lost 290 HP! (71% of its health)
Pringles fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
kokoloko: weeee
kokoloko: that was a really weird switch btw
BeautyofAnnhiliation: that was so sumb of me
Gtfo: indeed
Ice Cream Sundae: >.>

kokoloko: its not like you lost a vital team member though

Start of turn 75
Aegis was seeded!

Aegis used Whirlwind!
The foe's Spinning Top was dragged out!
The foe's Spinning Top intimidates Aegis!
Aegis's Attack fell!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 76
The foe's Spinning Top used Rapid Spin!
Aegis lost 4 HP! (1% of its health)
The foe's Spinning Top blew away Spikes!
The foe's Spinning Top blew away Stealth Rock!

Aegis used Brave Bird!
It's super effective!
The foe's Spinning Top lost 28% of its health!
The foe's Spinning Top fainted!
Aegis is hit with recoil!

Rain continues to fall!
Professor Oak: Yes, he did.
BeautyofAnnhiliation: yeah
kokoloko: oh damn

BeautyofAnnhiliation: not anymore though
Ice Cream Sundae: i find it funny how skarm completely walls chomp
kokoloko: i didnt think it had spin
kokoloko: lol
Ice Cream Sundae: yet people say chomp is unstoppable in ou
Gtfo: koko dumb
kokoloko: lol skarm doesnt wall chomp
Professor Oak: Can't take +2 Fire Fang, can't take Fire Blast.
Ice Cream Sundae: this is how it goes
Professor Oak: Only walls the Sub Chomps.
Ice Cream Sundae: chomps like swords dancing
Ice Cream Sundae: and it whirlwinds
Ice Cream Sundae: repeat >.>
Professor Oak: Skarm switches in, gets nailed by Fire Blast, dies to Outrage.
kokoloko: who cares? there's more than 1 kindof chomp.
BeautyofAnnhiliation: skarm barley walls chomp
Ice Cream Sundae: chomp with fire blast?
Ice Cream Sundae: ..
Heather Star is watching the battle.
Ice Cream Sundae: may aswell give hihidaruma overheat aswell >.>
kokoloko: you obviously didn't play gen 4 OU.
Gtfo: Bulky waters wall chomp better
Ice Cream Sundae: i did lolol
BeautyofAnnhiliation: if you miss a WW then chomp will sweep you
Ice Cream Sundae: most people had this set

Start of turn 77

Leto lost 81 HP! (12% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
kokoloko: then you're just bad i guess?
OkamiBW is watching the battle.

Start of turn 78

Leto used Aromatherapy!
A soothing aroma wafted through the area!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 79

Rain continues to fall!
Ice Cream Sundae: i only battled fair peeps on gen 4

Start of turn 80

Rain continues to fall!
OkamiBW stopped watching the battle.
Ice Cream Sundae: u know.. the ones who wouldnt use a t tar to summon sand first?

Start of turn 81
Professor Oak sent out Ribbit! (Politoed)

Juggernaut used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Professor Oak's team!

Rain continues to fall!
IFM stopped watching the battle.

Start of turn 82

The foe's Ribbit used Surf!
Leto lost 139 HP! (21% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 83

Leto used Toxic!
The attack of Leto missed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 84

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 85

The foe's Black Death used Roost!
The foe's Black Death landed on the ground!
The foe's Black Death regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 86

Leto used Toxic!
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!
Ice Cream Sundae: also... almost all chomps in gen 4 have the set substitute/outrage/earthquake/swords dance

Start of turn 87

Ice Cream Sundae: lol...

Rain continues to fall!
BeautyofAnnhiliation: fire fang over sub is better imo
Ice Cream Sundae: fire fang still doesnt do much to skarm unboosted
BeautyofAnnhiliation: boosted it 2hkos it
kokoloko: lol +2 2HKOs
Ice Cream Sundae: which is why you dont let it get +2
kokoloko: and you can flinch or miss your WW
Gtfo: Chomp uses sd as the opponent foes into skarm
Professor Oak: You switch in Skarm as Garchomp Swords Dances.
kokoloko: err, its called Swords Dancing as you go to skarm
Professor Oak: It's at +2
Gtfo: goes*

Start of turn 88

Chrysamere used Recover!
Ice Cream Sundae: no...

Rain continues to fall!
kokoloko: lmao
Ice Cream Sundae: it usually goes like this

Start of turn 89

Aegis was seeded!

Rain continues to fall!
Ice Cream Sundae: me:already has skarm out

Start of turn 90
Aegis used Spikes!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 91
Aegis used Spikes!

Rain continues to fall!
kokoloko: oak is it trolling at this point?

Start of turn 92

Aegis used Spikes!

Rain continues to fall!
Ice Cream Sundae: explain how im trolling
kokoloko: i'd say banbut thats just me
Gtfo: Who goes with a chomp vs a skarm?
Ice Cream Sundae: im tryna prove a point
Gtfo: Are you kidding me?
kokoloko: excessive stupidty is trolling

Start of turn 93
Leto is hurt by spikes!
Ice Cream Sundae: most kids do that

Ice Cream Sundae: cause they arent smart
Leto lost 198 HP! (30% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Ice Cream Sundae: and... think about it

Start of turn 94

Gtfo: Not even dumb kids do that

Rain continues to fall!
kokoloko: lol
Ice Cream Sundae: ....

Start of turn 95

Chrysamere lost 57 HP! (15% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 96
Ice Cream Sundae: why do i even talk to people here..

The foe's Fire Thorns lost 15% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Gtfo: yYeah
Ice Cream Sundae stopped watching the battle.
Gtfo: We all proved you wrong
Professor Oak: Moving on.
kokoloko: yeah thats trolling im not beat

Start of turn 97

Chrysamere used Roar!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 98
It's super effective!
The foe's Black Death lost 81% of its health!
The foe's Black Death fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 99
Chrysamere lost 135 HP! (37% of its health)

Chrysamere used Roar!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Ribbit!
The foe's Ribbit is hurt by spikes!
The foe's Ribbit was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 100
The foe's Ribbit used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
Chrysamere lost 106 HP! (29% of its health)

Chrysamere used Recover!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 101

The foe's Wish Granted lost 16% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 102
The foe's Wish Granted used Iron Head!
Chrysamere lost 70 HP! (19% of its health)

Chrysamere used Roar!
The foe's Fire Thorns fainted!
The foe's Fire Thorns was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!
Professor Oak: Not even a flinch.
Professor Oak: ffs

[Boss] Kai is watching the battle.
BeautyofAnnhiliation: i love CM roar latias
[Boss] Kai stopped watching the battle.
Annoying Orange is watching the battle.
BeautyofAnnhiliation: its so underused for how good it is

Start of turn 103
Annoying Orange: :|
The foe's Calgon lost 46% of its health!
The foe's Calgon fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

This battle was a very long one, 103 turns and one of the best battles I have had in awhile. The ending is a good example of how to use CM/Roar Latias to kill Ferrothorn and Jirachi. I did make a completely boneheaded move about halfway through, lost Pringles, and had to relay my hazards. This did delay my Latias sweep quite a bit. Also I did get some luck at the end in a Rotom-W's Thunder not paralyzing twice(50/50 chance) a leech seed missing and iron head not flinching. The first 2 of these would have forced me to switch out and delay my sweep a bit. The iron head not flinching was just icing on the cake.

Battle between BeautyofAnnhiliation and -FlowStick started!

Tier: Wifi
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Disallow Spects
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

-FlowStick: had to diss specs
BeautyofAnnhiliation: np i hit back on the irc page and had to login again anyways
-FlowStick sent out Gligglez! (Gliscor)

Start of turn 1

Nidhogg intimidates the foe's Gligglez!
The foe's Gligglez's Attack fell!
The foe's Gligglez used Taunt!
Nidhogg fell for the taunt!

The foe's Gligglez's Toxic Orb activated!
The foe's Gligglez was poisoned!

Start of turn 2
-FlowStick called Gligglez back!
-FlowStick sent out Eco Wash YAY! (Rotom-W)

Nidhogg used Waterfall!
The foe's Eco Wash YAY lost 18% of its health!

The foe's Eco Wash YAY restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 3
-FlowStick called Eco Wash YAY back!
-FlowStick sent out RedSteel! (Scizor)

BeautyofAnnhiliation: i really should learn the calcs of how much damage specs/scarf rotom does to bliss

Start of turn 4

The foe's RedSteel used U-turn!
Aegis lost 30 HP! (8% of its health)
-FlowStick called RedSteel back!

Start of turn 5

The foe's Eco Wash YAY used Volt Change!
Leto lost 93 HP! (13% of its health)

Leto restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 6

Juggernaut lost 57 HP! (16% of its health)

The foe's Gligglez restored HP using its Poison Heal!

Start of turn 7

Start of turn 8

Start of turn 9
The foe's Eco Wash YAY used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
Juggernaut lost 341 HP! (96% of its health)
Juggernaut fainted!

BeautyofAnnhiliation: damn
-FlowStick: Soooo
-FlowStick: What you think of this team ?
-FlowStick: Not as standard lol
-FlowStick: i hope :<
BeautyofAnnhiliation: yeah definently
BeautyofAnnhiliation: i forget what the last 3 pokes are
-FlowStick: I had like everyone rate it lol

-FlowStick: Babies, dragez, some people from smogon too
BeautyofAnnhiliation: imn pretty screwed
-FlowStick: dont say anything about this team in the main chat btw its my war team
BeautyofAnnhiliation: i need the sr to deal with the voltchange into u-turning
BeautyofAnnhiliation: kk
-FlowStick: Im hoping that poprocks wont use baton pass

Start of turn 10
Leto lost 93 HP! (13% of its health)
-FlowStick: It looked painful what you went through in the last war

Leto used Thunder Wave!
But it failed!

BeautyofAnnhiliation: if i had used this team i would have won
BeautyofAnnhiliation: the only difference is latias over celebi
-FlowStick: Baton Pass should be banned lol
BeautyofAnnhiliation: i would have just CM'ed with latias
-FlowStick: Its so gay :<
BeautyofAnnhiliation: CM latias beats CM espy
-FlowStick: ^
BeautyofAnnhiliation: and latias can just roar all the others out to sweep

Start of turn 11

Start of turn 12

Nidhogg used Dragon Tail!
The foe's Eco Wash YAY lost 20% of its health!
The foe's Heatran was dragged out!
The foe's Heatran is floating on a balloon!

-FlowStick: thats your other move lol
BeautyofAnnhiliation: restalk gyara
-FlowStick: rest talk waterfall dtail

Start of turn 13
-FlowStick called Heatran back!

The foe's Gligglez lost 10% of its health!
The foe's RedSteel was dragged out!

BeautyofAnnhiliation: it is designed to beath gliscor consistantly

Start of turn 14
Nidhogg used Waterfall!
The foe's RedSteel lost 34% of its health!

Nidhogg lost 80 HP! (20% of its health)

Nidhogg's taunt ended!

Start of turn 15

Leto lost 91 HP! (12% of its health)

BeautyofAnnhiliation: man i need sr
-FlowStick: lol

Start of turn 16
The foe's RedSteel used Pursuit!
Leto lost 220 HP! (30% of its health)

Leto used Softboiled!
Leto regained health!

Start of turn 17

Leto used Seismic Toss!
The foe's Gligglez lost 28% of its health!

Start of turn 18

Start of turn 19
The foe's Gligglez used Ice Fang!
A critical hit!
Nidhogg lost 80 HP! (20% of its health)

Nidhogg flinched!

Start of turn 20

Nidhogg used Waterfall!
The foe's Eco Wash YAY lost 17% of its health!

Start of turn 21

The foe's Eco Wash YAY used Hydro Pump!
The attack of the foe's Eco Wash YAY missed!

Start of turn 22
Leto lost 85 HP! (11% of its health)

Leto used Seismic Toss!
The foe's RedSteel lost 29% of its health!

Start of turn 23

Aegis lost 30 HP! (8% of its health)

Start of turn 24

BeautyofAnnhiliation: why not volt change

Start of turn 25

The foe's RedSteel used Superpower!
Aegis lost 131 HP! (39% of its health)
The foe's RedSteel's Attack fell!
The foe's RedSteel's Defense fell!

Start of turn 26
-FlowStick sent out Heatran!

Aegis used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of -FlowStick's team!

Start of turn 27

The foe's Heatran used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around BeautyofAnnhiliation's team!

Start of turn 28
-FlowStick called Heatran back!

Leto used Seismic Toss!
The foe's Gligglez lost 28% of its health!

Start of turn 29
Pointed stones dug into Nidhogg!

Start of turn 30
Nidhogg lost 29 HP! (7% of its health)

Nidhogg used Waterfall!
It's super effective!
The foe's Gligglez lost 41% of its health!

Start of turn 31

The foe's Eco Wash YAY lost 19% of its health!
The foe's RedSteel is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 32

The foe's Eco Wash YAY lost 19% of its health!

Nidhogg's taunt ended!

Start of turn 33
Nidhogg used Rest!
Nidhogg went to sleep and became healthy!

Nidhogg lost 92 HP! (23% of its health)

Start of turn 34
Pointed stones dug into Leto!

The foe's Eco Wash YAY used Pain Split!

Start of turn 35
Leto lost 90 HP! (12% of its health)

Leto used Heal Bell!
A bell chimed!

Start of turn 36
Pointed stones dug into Nidhogg!

Nidhogg lost 29 HP! (7% of its health)

Start of turn 37

The foe's Gligglez lost 9% of its health!
The foe's Eco Wash YAY was dragged out!

-FlowStick: ty
BeautyofAnnhiliation: lol

Start of turn 38
Pointed stones dug into Chrysamere!

The foe's Eco Wash YAY used Hydro Pump!
Chrysamere lost 83 HP! (22% of its health)

Start of turn 39

Chrysamere lost 31 HP! (8% of its health)
The foe's RedSteel fainted!

-FlowStick: oh damn gg
-FlowStick: Bliss walls my team
BeautyofAnnhiliation: finally
-FlowStick sent out IllFuckUUp! (Birijion)
The foe's IllFuckUUp is hurt by spikes!

BeautyofAnnhiliation: all i wanted was 1 layer to kill scizor with

Start of turn 40
The foe's IllFuckUUp used Calm Mind!
The foe's IllFuckUUp's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's IllFuckUUp's Sp. Def. rose!

The foe's IllFuckUUp restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 41
The foe's IllFuckUUp used Calm Mind!
The foe's IllFuckUUp's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's IllFuckUUp's Sp. Def. rose!

The foe's IllFuckUUp restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 42
The foe's IllFuckUUp used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!

Chrysamere used Roar!
The foe's Gligglez was dragged out!

Start of turn 43
The foe's Gligglez lost 94% of its health!
The foe's Gligglez fainted!

-FlowStick sent out Heatran!

This battle was much shorter to play. It is a pretty good example of 2 concepts. The first is that while losing Forretress may seem like a huge mistake it was really a calculated risk. I saw that I did not necessiarly need Forretress to win and that I could afford to lose him if I got up SR in the process. Sadly my opponent had HP fire instead of WoW on their Rotom-W, which I should have known due to the fact that he had not tried to burn me. The second comcept is killing the counters for Latias with hazards. I was able to get a layer of spikes through some interesting swtiching later on which killed my opponents CB scizor and allowed me to cleanly sweep with Latias.

Considering how this is only your first RMT, the format is extremely remarkable. Good job! Anyways, on Jellicent, you don't have to, but replace Shadow Ball with Scald. Although that Shadow Ball is a amazing move, Scald is preferrable due to: hitting hard, and having the chance to inflict burn. Or, you could just use Surf instead. It's hits harder w/ a stab. Not only that, but remove Softboiled on Blissey w/ Wish. If your other pokemon is injured very badly, you have no access to healing them without Wish. Excluding Aromatherapy + Heal Bell, of course. Or instead of making Latias CM Offensive, use a Dual Screen, Wish, and Substitute instead.

Edit: Just realized that your team is physically defensive. If you want a pokemon that can use Wish, but then is able to hit harder and swifter too, you can use Jirachi. Iron Head for flinch, Body Slam for Paralysis, Wish for healing purposes, and Ice Punch for counter against Gliscor, Virizion, and other Dragon-types. If you do want to run Jirachi (test first), slap on a Choice Scarf to make it outspeed other opponents.

You're missing ev's on your pokemon. Instead of having 255hp and 255 def you can have 252 hp 252 def and 4 special defense and have the same stats with one extra special defense point. Fix it for the rest too.

Hey there, this is a pretty solid team.
I really can't believe I'm saying this, but for once Curtains is right; the extra stat point never hurt anyone, so there is no point not changing it.

On Jellicent, 100 speed evs should do, put the rest into Defense. The standard Jellicent only runs 44 speed evs, and the standard Skarmory reaches 180 speed; 100 Speed evs allows you to reach 181 speed.

Speaking of Skarmory, run 16 speed evs on it just to outspeed standard sub punch offensive Breloom, as it will help you out much more than the bit of extra bulk will.

On Latias, put 8 more evs in speed in order to get the jump on Nasty Plot Celebi (8 allows you to outspeed those Celebis that add 4 more speed evs in order to outspeed other Celebis).

Overall, an extremely solid team. Good job.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hey there,

Really solid team, handles pretty much everything. However, Thundurus can be a pain. An intelligent player will easily beat this team with it, as it can beat all its members on 1 on 1, even Blissey. A +2 Focus Blast is able to 2HKO even the most specially defensive (Calm 252/252) version. That's a letdown considering Rain teams are pretty much everywhere where Sandstorm isn't. For that reason, Quagsire is probably superior to Gyarados. Since Unaware negates the Nasty Plot it gets, Focus Blast won't be really threatning, and Grass Knot is extremely rare. Furthermore, the pokémon you want Gyarados to counter are better handled by Quag.

Thanks for the speedy replies. I have changed to be more like what you have suggested. While I do know the base speeds for pokemon, I do not know the standard EV's spreads/speeds for most pokemon.

@Steeli: You pretty much summed up the reasons why I have been favoring the use of Quagsire over Gyarados recently. My team can handle NP thunderus, however it always requires me sacrificing something to kill it. My main fear for Quagsire is his inability to take on choiced pokemon as well as Gyarados does. Also I am not completely sure yet how my team with Quagsire will take on DDmence or SDluke yet. Having said that I do think once I figure out the best fitting Quagsire set it will overall be a better choice than Gyarados is now.

Hi, TheCommadore.

Nice Stall Team you have here. To be honest, I have a similar team I play for three months now. Obviously, to Stall in this offensive Gen V is really hard and you have a lot of threats.

- Swords Dance / Dragon Dance Haxorus is a real threat, Gyarados is a nice check but it will very hard to take his Outrage with Stealth Rock and this EV spread.

- Jellicent, with Taunt + Toxic / WoW, stallbreaks your team. You really can't do nothing against this thing, just hope to outspeed him with your Jelly.

- Volt Switch's Rotom-W is just a pain for you because it draws Latias and Blissey and a Tyranitar @Pursuit easytraps those two Pokémon.

To put Quagsire (which is an awesome teammate for StallTeams) over Gyarados is, imo, the first thing you need to do.

Sorry for my poor English, I'm trying to do what I can.

Props for the Nazi Zombies reference

Anyways, Toxic Spikes are very helpful, I suggest it over Stealth Rocks on Forretress, and then put Rocks on Blissey over the status move.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Yeah Thundurus is a huge pain to this team. If Blissey invests in too much defense, boosted focus blasts destroy it while hammer arm does the job if it runs too many evs toward the special defensive side. The easiest fix to this would be to run Quagsire for the reasons that a few other have pointed out. Quagsire can do well against electric types such as Thundurus and Rotom-W who can both be a huge pain in certain situations. Quagsire also does an excellent job against bulkier set up sweepers such as double dance Terrakion and swords dance Gliscor which can be of excellent utility on more defensive teams. Gyarados is the member that you should get rid of as it is definitely the odd man out on this team. Quagsire can do well against pretty much every threat that Gyarados was able to handle along with electric types such as Thundurus and Rotom-W. A set with earthquake | recover | scald | toxic 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 SpD with leftovers and a sassy nature would work very well.

CM Roar Latias should probably be a timid nature instead of bold. Timid helps you outrun quite a few threats such as Infernape. If you're concerned about taunt + WoW Mew, I would consider running subsitute over roar on Latias. Substitute helps you in situations versus last pkmn Reuniclus as it will be unable to crit you. Substitute also shields you from random paralysis and toxic which can really do harm to Latias. Also, a set with 252 HP | 4 SpA | 252 Spe would be much more effective on both cm roar and substitute cm Latias. Finally, I would consider running toxic spikes on Forretress over pain split. Pain split is a really unreliable form of recovery anyways and this team would really benefit from toxic spikes. It really helps you against threats such as taunt + wow Jellicent, Mew, and even other defensive teams to an extent. As for another small nitpick, I would suggest running a spread of 252 HP | 144 Def | 112 Spe on Jellicent. This will allow you to outrun and taunt skarmory so it will not turn your entire team into spikes bait. Also, I would run a bold nature so that Jellicent can switch into threats such as Scizor more easily.

This is a good team overall, good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)