Gen 1 Beedrill (UU) [QC 2/2] [GP 1/1]

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
This is part of a project to get rid of the poor quality, misinformation-ridden RBY analyses from over a decade ago. These works are low-priority and should be treated as such.

[OVERVIEW]

With the best ways to super effectively hit Psychic-types in the game, STAB Twineedle and Pin Missile, Beedrill seems like it would be a worthwhile choice. It can operate as a late-game sweeper once opposing bulky Pokémon have been taken out or the opposing team is weakened. Once it has set up Swords Dance and Agility, it is able to 2HKO relevant threats such as Tentacruel, Gyarados, and Hypno, even OHKO-ing Dugtrio and Kadabra after a Swords Dance boost.

However, Beedrill has some horrid flaws that it cannot look over. Mainly, its stat spread is outright terrible, with its horrid defenses alongside five weaknesses leaving it unable to take hits from common threats. It is slow and is unable to hit very hard without setting up, which it usually cannot do due to it being 2HKOed by most of the metagame. Because of this frailty, it is forced to set up on a foe that is unable to attack for two turns, such as one who is frozen or sleeping. It also has a terrible offensive movepool, with it only getting Bug-type STAB moves and nothing else good. Because of this poor coverage, it gets walled by many Pokemon and gets destroyed in return. Overall, Beedrill is a horrible Pokemon in the RBY UU metagame and usually has no impact on a serious game. Many other Pokemon can take better advantage of the support it requires.

[SET]
name: Double Dance
move1: Agility
move2: Swords Dance
move3: Twineedle / Pin Missile.
move4: Hyper Beam

[SET COMMENTS]

Agility allows for Beedrill to outspeed most viable Pokémon and shake off paralysis’s Speed drop. Swords Dance is necessary for Beedrill to be able to sweep weakened teams. Getting both moves off are hugely important for this set to function. Twineedle is able to do severe damage to notable threats after a Swords Dance, most importantly OHKOing Kadabra. Pin Missile is a viable alternative, as it gives Beedrill a small chance to OHKO Tentacruel and Hypno after a Swords Dance boost. However, due to its low accuracy and chance to do less damage, it is more inconsistent. Hyper Beam is relatively quickly able to finish off frail Pokemon, such as Dugtrio, Persian, and Electabuzz. Beedrill often has trouble reliably setting up often, so a partner that can put foes to sleep is great for it. Hypno is able to put opposing Hypno to sleep with Hypnosis or force a Rest with Seismic Toss. Bulky Pokémon that aren’t weak to Bug need to be weakened or knocked out if Beedrill hopes to sweep. Vaporeon is notable here, as it is able to take repeated hits from Beedrill, and 2HKO it back with Surf. Additionally, Flying-types, such as Articuno and Gyarados, and Rock types, such as Omastar and especially Aerodactyl, are also able to take hits and threaten Beedrill back.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[BreakthrU89, 487308]]
- Quality checked by: [[Plague von Karma, 236353], [Sevi 7, 505149]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Nobody has QCed this. Put that to 0, please. Add the credits section too;
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[name, id]]
- Quality checked by: [[name, id], [name, id]]
- Grammar checked by: [[name, id]]
--

Overview
Open the analysis up with something along the lines of this;
"Unique access to Twineedle gives Beedrill access to the best Bug-type STAB in the game, which may make it seem somewhat desirable in RBY UU. However, it has severe drawbacks that make it near-impossible to use on a competitive team."
This establishes what Beedrill is and what it brings to a team.

It can operate as a late-game sweeper once an opposing Rock-type has fainted or the opposing team is weak.
Rock-types aren't necessarily a standard, so you should cite examples; Aerodactyl, Omastar and Golem are the notable ones.

It is able to abuse Pokemon who are forced into Rest by setting up against them and being able to support its teammates by putting other Pokemon into OHKO range for its teammates, with it able to do good damage against some relevant threats, such as Kadabra, Dugtrio, Hypno and Tentacruel.
This needs some extensive rewording and fact checking. A setup sweeper should not be trying to put Pokemon in KO range, it should be actively trying to KO them itself. This is why Beedrill sucks.
Due to its access to setup moves like Swords Dance and Agility, Beedrill can punish Pokemon forced to use Rest, such as Hypno, and threaten with boosted Hyper Beam or Twineedle.
Also, note that Twineedle hits Tentacruel for super effective damage and OHKOes Kadabra at +2, this is its most important trait, no matter how awful it is.

along with a 75 base Speed stat that leaves it outsped by most threats in the tier before boosts.
Being slower than Tentacruel is a death sentence in RBY UU and should absolutely be mentioned. It's being put into KO range through Wrap and subsequently burned to the ground.

You need to mention Kadabra somewhere in there as it massacres it with STAB Psychic.

Set Details
Getting the Swords Dance and the Agility off are hugely important for this set, as they give Beedrill true firepower and the ability to hit things. Hyper Beam will be the strongest attack on this set, being able to hit many things for big damage, with it able to 2HKO threats such as Hypno and Tentacruel after getting a Swords Dance off. Twineedle is there as a STAB option that can put opponents into range for a KO by Beedrill’s teammate. After a Swords Dance, Beedrill can be a menace to teams unprepared for it, due to its base 80 Attack being much more desirable after a Swords Dance boost.
  • You need some damage calcs in here to demonstrate the "reward" you get for boosting with Beedrill.
  • Mention that Agility removes the Speed drop from Paralysis.
  • Again, Beedrill has exclusive access to Twineedle, you should really cite it. It's not just putting things into KO range for teammates, it can be a very real threat if someone is horrible enough to let Beedrill double dance. Like, it OHKOes Kadabra at +2 and you haven't mentioned it anywhere.
I guess Mega Drain can be cited as an OO for Golem/Omastar...

Sevi 7

Semi-retired
You have to implement the changes Plague talked about before I can even think about QCing this, but I want to say that you need some legitimate examples, and potential usage. This is just a slightly expanded version of Beedrill's current analysis, which is not at all what we're going with here. So, if you want to get this published, you're going to have to put in a lot more work.

I might be totally wrong, but based on what you wrote, it seems like you don't really know anything about UU. Because this is just a mini analysis revamp, that's actually ok. But you're going to have to familiarize yourself with the meta enough to talk about it and pretend you know what you're doing. Look at the RBY UU VR and use the damage calc to figure out legitimate things Beedrill can do unboosted and at +2. Also drop Golem as an example, or use it after you've mentioned more commonly used Pokemon at the very least, and use it once, maybe twice, in the whole analysis. Beedrill, with more support than what you've talked about, could have some use. It does super-effective damage against 3 of the best Pokemon in the tier, albeit with a pretty weak attack off of an average attack stat. Really strong paralysis support or other fast Pokemon that could weaken the opponent's team could help Beedrill sweep. Maybe with only just SD or only Agility, but I'm not sure, you're going to have to calc that stuff and see what you can find. Also see if Double-Edge, Pin Missile and String Shot could work. I suspect that they might be useful, maybe even more than the current set.

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
Nobody has QCed this. Put that to 0, please. Add the credits section too;

--

Overview
Open the analysis up with something along the lines of this;
"Unique access to Twineedle gives Beedrill access to the best Bug-type STAB in the game, which may make it seem somewhat desirable in RBY UU. However, it has severe drawbacks that make it near-impossible to use on a competitive team."
This establishes what Beedrill is and what it brings to a team.

Rock-types aren't necessarily a standard, so you should cite examples; Aerodactyl, Omastar and Golem are the notable ones.

This needs some extensive rewording and fact checking. A setup sweeper should not be trying to put Pokemon in KO range, it should be actively trying to KO them itself. This is why Beedrill sucks.

Also, note that Twineedle hits Tentacruel for super effective damage and OHKOes Kadabra at +2, this is its most important trait, no matter how awful it is.

Being slower than Tentacruel is a death sentence in RBY UU and should absolutely be mentioned. It's being put into KO range through Wrap and subsequently burned to the ground.

You need to mention Kadabra somewhere in there as it massacres it with STAB Psychic.

Set Details

• You need some damage calcs in here to demonstrate the "reward" you get for boosting with Beedrill.
  • Mention that Agility removes the Speed drop from Paralysis.
  • Again, Beedrill has exclusive access to Twineedle, you should really cite it. It's not just putting things into KO range for teammates, it can be a very real threat if someone is horrible enough to let Beedrill double dance. Like, it OHKOes Kadabra at +2 and you haven't mentioned it anywhere.
I guess Mega Drain can be cited as an OO for Golem/Omastar...
I have implemented this! If I am being honest, I rushed this analysis out, which should explain the overall unfinished and sloppy nature of the analysis, mostly because I took this without realizing I was already doing work on another analysis. I will also experiment with the calculator, and see what can work, and I'll implement it in (idea courtesy of Sevi 7).

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
This seems to have substantially improved since I last had a look, so I'll give a few pointers.

Twineedle is there as a powerful STAB option that is able to do big damage to notable threats,
Note that this is after Swords Dance, it's a very, very important distinction to make.

Mega Drain could possibly be used as another option to surprise Omastar and Golem, who will otherwise wall Golem, albeit Beedrill's poor Special stat not letting Mega Drain do too much to them.
This isn't worded too well. How about "Mega Drain could possibly be used as an option to surprise Omastar and Golem, which otherwise wall Beedrill. However, despite the 4x effectiveness, Beedrill's poor Special causes the damage to leave much to be desired."?

When going over Hyper Beam, a 2HKO isn't really what we're after. We want to know the minimum roll for when a Pokemon dies. If Beedrill attempts to 2HKO something with Hyper Beam, chances are high it's not living to see that 2nd Hyper Beam. So instead, note when it'll actually KO on a minimum roll, and then you can weave in the recharge skip mechanic. See what I'm saying?

Lastly, you don't need to show the calcs if you've already noted the result. Showing calcs is definitely a thing in analyses, but it's usually unnecessary and doesn't add much.

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
This seems to have substantially improved since I last had a look, so I'll give a few pointers.

Note that this is after Swords Dance, it's a very, very important distinction to make.

This isn't worded too well. How about "Mega Drain could possibly be used as an option to surprise Omastar and Golem, which otherwise wall Beedrill. However, despite the 4x effectiveness, Beedrill's poor Special causes the damage to leave much to be desired."?

When going over Hyper Beam, a 2HKO isn't really what we're after. We want to know the minimum roll for when a Pokemon dies. If Beedrill attempts to 2HKO something with Hyper Beam, chances are high it's not living to see that 2nd Hyper Beam. So instead, note when it'll actually KO on a minimum roll, and then you can weave in the recharge skip mechanic. See what I'm saying?

Lastly, you don't need to show the calcs if you've already noted the result. Showing calcs is definitely a thing in analyses, but it's usually unnecessary and doesn't add much.
I have implemented this as well!

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
It is able to abuse Pokemon who are forced into Rest by setting up against them and being able to support its teammates by putting other Pokemon out of commission for its teammates, with it able to 2HKO relevant threats such as Tentacruel, Gyarados, and Hypno, and even OHKO-ing Dugtrio and Kadabra.
Cut this bit. Mention it needs Swords Dance.

Its raw offensive power is also lackluster, with its base 80 Attack being quite underwhelming compared to other physical threats in the tier, along with a 75 base Speed stat that leaves it outsped by Tentacruel, which is a death sentence in it itself but is also destroyed by other threats, such as Kadabra.
Split the Attack and Speed sentences as it's a run-on sentence in its current state. Go on to mention that it's extremely reliant on Swords Dance to be effective due to its Attack stat and lack of good STAB.

as they give Beedrill true firepower and the ability to hit things.
Cut this bit as it doesn't actually add anything to the sentence.

Hyper Beam is there as a strong blow that is able to 2HKO many Pokemon in the tier, such as the aforementioned Tentacruel, Hypno, and Kadabra, as well as other threats such as Kangaskhan, Dragonite, Persian, and even OHKO-ing Dugtrio.
Again, you aren't hitting with Hyper Beam twice. You're hitting it when they're in range for a KO when you're at +2. If you fail to KO them, Beedrill dies, so you're never actually going to 2HKO with Hyper Beam alone. You need to say "can KO ___ from around half HP onwards".

Implement for QC 1/2. I think Sevi 7 should have a look at this after, not sure.

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
Cut this bit. Mention it needs Swords Dance.

Split the Attack and Speed sentences as it's a run-on sentence in its current state. Go on to mention that it's extremely reliant on Swords Dance to be effective due to its Attack stat and lack of good STAB.

Cut this bit as it doesn't actually add anything to the sentence.

Again, you aren't hitting with Hyper Beam twice. You're hitting it when they're in range for a KO when you're at +2. If you fail to KO them, Beedrill dies, so you're never actually going to 2HKO with Hyper Beam alone. You need to say "can KO ___ from around half HP onwards".

Implement for QC 1/2. I think Sevi 7 should have a look at this after, not sure.
Implemented! Thanks.

Sevi 7

Semi-retired
Alright this is much much better. I'm going to suggest a lot of changes, but i think this is the quality we're looking for. So good job with that.

Overview
  • Change the part about twinnedle to the only bug type with both Bug-type attacks
  • Change being a hassle to unviable
  • Say that it can set-up to have a chance at sweeping in the late game
  • Change rock types to most bulky pokemon and don't give examples
  • Take out the part about abusing rest, it'll be better as a downside for the only real way it has a chance to set-up
  • Say that it's slow and doesnt hit hard in posted which means it has to set-up agility and swords dance in order to have a chance at a sweep
  • Instead of saying it's frail say that is OHKOed or 2HKOed by the entire meta game.
  • Say that this means it can only really set-up against something that can't attack back for two turns, like against a sleeping or frozen pokemon
  • You can get rid of the part about lackluster attack
  • You can get rid of the part about 80 base attack and 75 base speed, that's been covered by the needing to set-up
  • Instead of saying it has MD for coverage just say the only good thing is that stab bug and everytbing else is worse
  • Get rid of the type weakness, it's covered by saying everything is ohkoed or 2hkoed
Set
Twinnedle/pin missile

Set description
  • Rearrange the set description so it's in the same order you talk about it in the description
  • I'd keep the boosting moves simple, Agility let's Beedrill outspeeds everything and shake off paralysis, SD boosts it's attack, so Beedrill can try to sweep a weakened team
  • Say that getting up the set-up is mandatory for Beedrill to sweep
  • Talking about twinnedle is better than hyper beam imo
  • You're overselling twinnedle, say that it has a chance to 2HKO pokemon that are weak to it, and ohko kadabra, after a swords dance
  • Pin Missile, although more RNG based, will do about the same or more damage most of the time. At +2 it even has a small chance to OHKO Tentacruel and Hypno. However, it has a 3/8 chance to do less damage and only has 85% accuracy so it's more RNG based
  • Take out the part about hyper beam doing the most damage, since pin missile can out damage it
  • Say that H Beam can do lots of damage to those that don't take super effective damage from beedrills bug attacks and don't resist normal attacks, such as Persian, dugtrio and Electabuzz
  • Say that beedrill has an extremely difficult time setting up twice, so it needs to switch in as a pokemon uses rest or if a pokemon has been to sleep from hypnosis or sleep powder.
  • Add that because of this, Hypno makes a good partner as it can either put an opposing pokemon to sleep with hypnosis or put an opposing hypno into rest range with S Toss
  • Say that bulky pokemon that aren't weak to bug, like Vaporeon, and especially rock types like Omastar or Aero, need to be weakened or better yet knocked out before Beedrill can hope to sweep
  • I'd take out the part about MD personally, i don't see anyway that Beedrill can take advantage of it. Even if they have a golem, having MD over H Beam will be worse for you as you can't do much to late game mons like Persian and dugtrio and there's no point in running beedrill without bug move

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
Alright this is much much better. I'm going to suggest a lot of changes, but i think this is the quality we're looking for. So good job with that.

Overview
  • Change the part about twinnedle to the only bug type with both Bug-type attacks
  • Change being a hassle to unviable
  • Say that it can set-up to have a chance at sweeping in the late game
  • Change rock types to most bulky pokemon and don't give examples
  • Take out the part about abusing rest, it'll be better as a downside for the only real way it has a chance to set-up
  • Say that it's slow and doesnt hit hard in posted which means it has to set-up agility and swords dance in order to have a chance at a sweep
  • Instead of saying it's frail say that is OHKOed or 2HKOed by the entire meta game.
  • Say that this means it can only really set-up against something that can't attack back for two turns, like against a sleeping or frozen pokemon
  • You can get rid of the part about lackluster attack
  • You can get rid of the part about 80 base attack and 75 base speed, that's been covered by the needing to set-up
  • Instead of saying it has MD for coverage just say the only good thing is that stab bug and everytbing else is worse
  • Get rid of the type weakness, it's covered by saying everything is ohkoed or 2hkoed
Set
Twinnedle/pin missile

Set description
  • Rearrange the set description so it's in the same order you talk about it in the description
  • I'd keep the boosting moves simple, Agility let's Beedrill outspeeds everything and shake off paralysis, SD boosts it's attack, so Beedrill can try to sweep a weakened team
  • Say that getting up the set-up is mandatory for Beedrill to sweep
  • Talking about twinnedle is better than hyper beam imo
  • You're overselling twinnedle, say that it has a chance to 2HKO pokemon that are weak to it, and ohko kadabra, after a swords dance
  • Pin Missile, although more RNG based, will do about the same or more damage most of the time. At +2 it even has a small chance to OHKO Tentacruel and Hypno. However, it has a 3/8 chance to do less damage and only has 85% accuracy so it's more RNG based
  • Take out the part about hyper beam doing the most damage, since pin missile can out damage it
  • Say that H Beam can do lots of damage to those that don't take super effective damage from beedrills bug attacks and don't resist normal attacks, such as Persian, dugtrio and Electabuzz
  • Say that beedrill has an extremely difficult time setting up twice, so it needs to switch in as a pokemon uses rest or if a pokemon has been to sleep from hypnosis or sleep powder.
  • Add that because of this, Hypno makes a good partner as it can either put an opposing pokemon to sleep with hypnosis or put an opposing hypno into rest range with S Toss
  • Say that bulky pokemon that aren't weak to bug, like Vaporeon, and especially rock types like Omastar or Aero, need to be weakened or better yet knocked out before Beedrill can hope to sweep
  • I'd take out the part about MD personally, i don't see anyway that Beedrill can take advantage of it. Even if they have a golem, having MD over H Beam will be worse for you as you can't do much to late game mons like Persian and dugtrio and there's no point in running beedrill without bug move
Implemented this, thanks!

Last edited:

Sevi 7

Semi-retired
Overview
  • Take out the sentence about heavy drawbacks. Keep the first paragraph as its positives and what it can potentially do, and make the second paragraph and explanation about why it actually sucks
  • Don't talk about bulky pokemon, just say when the team is weakened
  • Make SD and Agility into two different sentences. Say that it has access to Agility to outspeed everything and follow it with saying after an SD it can 2hko and ohko those things
  • Focus the paragraph into two chunks. The first chunk being it's terrible unboosted offense and the second chunk its terrible defense
  • Say that its stats are bad unboosted
  • It's speed is subpar and only outspeeds some of the slowest Pokemon of the tier
  • Add that it has terrible offensive pressure without a SD boost
  • Talk about its bad defense and then say that it needs to set-up on something that can't attack
I'll do the set description later

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
Overview
  • Take out the sentence about heavy drawbacks. Keep the first paragraph as its positives and what it can potentially do, and make the second paragraph and explanation about why it actually sucks
  • Don't talk about bulky pokemon, just say when the team is weakened
  • Make SD and Agility into two different sentences. Say that it has access to Agility to outspeed everything and follow it with saying after an SD it can 2hko and ohko those things
  • Focus the paragraph into two chunks. The first chunk being it's terrible unboosted offense and the second chunk its terrible defense
  • Say that its stats are bad unboosted
  • It's speed is subpar and only outspeeds some of the slowest Pokemon of the tier
  • Add that it has terrible offensive pressure without a SD boost
  • Talk about its bad defense and then say that it needs to set-up on something that can't attack
I'll do the set description later
Implemented!

Sevi 7

Semi-retired
Sorry. I swore this was ready for GP.

Overview
  • I would look at the intro one more time and proofread it. There's nothing wrong with the info, just how its worded.
Set Comments
  • Change actual fire power to hit things to chance to KO
  • Change the big damage part to is consistently able to severely damage several notable threats
  • Add 2HKoing Hypno and Tentacruel to the example with Kadabra
  • Say that Pin Missile has a tiny chance to OHKO
  • In the Pin Missile OHKO example change Kadabra to Hypno, since Twinnedle already OHKOs Kadabra
  • For Hyper Beam, change resists Big-type attacks to aren't weak to Bug-type attacks
  • When talking about making pokemon rest with Hypno say that it can make an opposing Hypno rest with Seismic Toss, since that's really all it will force to rest
  • Put Vaporeon and rock-types into two separate sentences.
    • Talk about Vap and Kang as examples for not weak.
    • After Vap and Kang, add Flying-types as a good resister. It should be second, since it's more common than Rock-types Include Articuno and Gyarados as two examples
    • For rock-type add that Aerodactyl is especially potent because it is also a flying-type

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
Sorry. I swore this was ready for GP.

Overview
  • I would look at the intro one more time and proofread it. There's nothing wrong with the info, just how its worded.
Set Comments
  • Change actual fire power to hit things to chance to KO
  • Change the big damage part to is consistently able to severely damage several notable threats
  • Add 2HKoing Hypno and Tentacruel to the example with Kadabra
  • Say that Pin Missile has a tiny chance to OHKO
  • In the Pin Missile OHKO example change Kadabra to Hypno, since Twinnedle already OHKOs Kadabra
  • For Hyper Beam, change resists Big-type attacks to aren't weak to Bug-type attacks
  • When talking about making pokemon rest with Hypno say that it can make an opposing Hypno rest with Seismic Toss, since that's really all it will force to rest
  • Put Vaporeon and rock-types into two separate sentences.
    • Talk about Vap and Kang as examples for not weak.
    • After Vap and Kang, add Flying-types as a good resister. It should be second, since it's more common than Rock-types Include Articuno and Gyarados as two examples
    • For rock-type add that Aerodactyl is especially potent because it is also a flying-type
I have implemented these! I’ll edit them over time to make them feel more thought out, if that’s the way to put it.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(RC): Remove Comma

[OVERVIEW]

Being the only Pokemon with access to both Twineedle and Pin Missile, two of the best Bug-type moves in the game, With the best ways to super effectively hit Psychic-types in the game, STAB Twineedle and Pin Missile, (Don't mean to be too nitpicky, but I think this better explains why Beedrill could be tempting. If not, though, you can just ignore this change.) Beedrill seems like it would be a worthwhile choice. It can operate as a late-game sweeper once opposing bulky Pokemon (removed accent on E) have been taken out or the opposing team is weakened. Once it has set up a Swords Dance and Agility, it is able to 2HKO relevant threats such as Tentacruel, Gyarados, and Hypno, and even OHKOing (collapsed hyphen) Dugtrio and Kadabra after a Swords Dance boost.

However, Beedrill has some horrid flaws that it cannot look over cannot be overlooked. Mainly, its stat spread is outright terrible, with its defenses being horrid. Due to this, it is horrid defenses alongside five weaknesses leaving it unable to take hits from common threats due to the weaknesses granted by Beedrill’s typing. It is slow and is unable to hit very hard without the ability to set up setting up, which it usually cannot do due to it being 2HKOed by most of the metagame. Because of this frailty, it is forced to set up on an opposing team member who a foe that is unable to attack for two turns, such as an opponent who is one frozen or sleeping. It also has a terrible offensive movepool, with it only getting Bug-type STAB moves and nothing else good. Because of this poor coverage, it gets outright walled by a plentiful amount of Pokemon in the tier and gets many Pokemon and destroyed in return. Beedrill’s typing is also a pain, giving it a total of five weaknesses, which leave it to be OHKOed or 2HKOed by most Pokémon in the meta. Overall, Beedrill is a horrible Pokemon in the RBY UU metagame and usually has no impact on a serious game. Many other Pokemon can take better advantage of the support it requires. (this is implied but feel it may be useful to spell out. like with the other comment you can not do this, though)

[SET]
move3: Twineedle/Pin Missile. Twineedle / Pin Missile

[SET COMMENTS]

Agility allows for Beedrill to be able to outspeed most viable Pokemon (removed accent on E) and shake off paralysis's Speed drop. Swords Dance is necessary for Beedrill to be able to sweep weakened teams. Getting the Swords Dance and the Agility off are both moves off is hugely important for this set to function, as they give Beedrill an actual chance to KO things. Twineedle is there as a powerful STAB option that is able to do severe levels of damage to notable threats after a Swords Dance, most importantly OHKOing (removed hyphen) Kadabra. Pin Missile is a viable alternative, as it gives Beedrill a small chance to OHKO Tentacruel and Hypno after a Swords Dance boost. However, due to its low accuracy and chance to do less damage, it is more inconsistent. (added period) as a result. Hyper Beam is there as a strong blow that is able to do massive amounts of damage to Pokémon that are not weak to your Bug-type STAB, Hyper Beam is relatively quickly able to finish off frail Pokemon such as Dugtrio, Persian, and Electabuzz. (if you meant to imply like "its something to throw it for dmg if youre about to die anyway", sure, just say so directly) Beedrill often has trouble reliably setting up often, so a partner that can put the opponent foes to sleep is great for Beedrill. Because of this, Hypno is a good partner, as it is it. Hypno is able to put opposing Hypno to sleep with Hypnosis or force a Rest with Seismic Toss. Bulky Pokemon (removed accent on E) that aren’t weak to Bug needs to be weakened or knocked out if Beedrill hopes to be able to sweep. Vaporeon is notable here, as it is able to take repeated hits from Beedrill (RC) and 2HKO it back with Surf. Along with that Additionally, Flying-types, such as Articuno and Gyarados, and Rock-types, (added hyphen) such as Omastar and especially Aerodactyl, are also able to take hits and threaten Beedrill back.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Plague von Karma, 236353], [Sevi 7, 505149]] (also removed extra bracket after PVK's userid)

aigismassdestruction.gif
1/1

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(RC): Remove Comma

[OVERVIEW]

Being the only Pokemon with access to both Twineedle and Pin Missile, two of the best Bug-type moves in the game, With the best ways to super effectively hit Psychic-types in the game, STAB Twineedle and Pin Missile, (Don't mean to be too nitpicky, but I think this better explains why Beedrill could be tempting. If not, though, you can just ignore this change.) Beedrill seems like it would be a worthwhile choice. It can operate as a late-game sweeper once opposing bulky Pokemon (removed accent on E) have been taken out or the opposing team is weakened. Once it has set up a Swords Dance and Agility, it is able to 2HKO relevant threats such as Tentacruel, Gyarados, and Hypno, and even OHKOing (collapsed hyphen) Dugtrio and Kadabra after a Swords Dance boost.

However, Beedrill has some horrid flaws that it cannot look over cannot be overlooked. Mainly, its stat spread is outright terrible, with its defenses being horrid. Due to this, it is horrid defenses alongside five weaknesses leaving it unable to take hits from common threats due to the weaknesses granted by Beedrill’s typing. It is slow and is unable to hit very hard without the ability to set up setting up, which it usually cannot do due to it being 2HKOed by most of the metagame. Because of this frailty, it is forced to set up on an opposing team member who a foe that is unable to attack for two turns, such as an opponent who is one frozen or sleeping. It also has a terrible offensive movepool, with it only getting Bug-type STAB moves and nothing else good. Because of this poor coverage, it gets outright walled by a plentiful amount of Pokemon in the tier and gets many Pokemon and destroyed in return. Beedrill’s typing is also a pain, giving it a total of five weaknesses, which leave it to be OHKOed or 2HKOed by most Pokémon in the meta. Overall, Beedrill is a horrible Pokemon in the RBY UU metagame and usually has no impact on a serious game. Many other Pokemon can take better advantage of the support it requires. (this is implied but feel it may be useful to spell out. like with the other comment you can not do this, though)

[SET]
move3: Twineedle/Pin Missile. Twineedle / Pin Missile

[SET COMMENTS]

Agility allows for Beedrill to be able to outspeed most viable Pokemon (removed accent on E) and shake off paralysis's Speed drop. Swords Dance is necessary for Beedrill to be able to sweep weakened teams. Getting the Swords Dance and the Agility off are both moves off is hugely important for this set to function, as they give Beedrill an actual chance to KO things. Twineedle is there as a powerful STAB option that is able to do severe levels of damage to notable threats after a Swords Dance, most importantly OHKOing (removed hyphen) Kadabra. Pin Missile is a viable alternative, as it gives Beedrill a small chance to OHKO Tentacruel and Hypno after a Swords Dance boost. However, due to its low accuracy and chance to do less damage, it is more inconsistent. (added period) as a result. Hyper Beam is there as a strong blow that is able to do massive amounts of damage to Pokémon that are not weak to your Bug-type STAB, Hyper Beam is relatively quickly able to finish off frail Pokemon such as Dugtrio, Persian, and Electabuzz. (if you meant to imply like "its something to throw it for dmg if youre about to die anyway", sure, just say so directly) Beedrill often has trouble reliably setting up often, so a partner that can put the opponent foes to sleep is great for Beedrill. Because of this, Hypno is a good partner, as it is it. Hypno is able to put opposing Hypno to sleep with Hypnosis or force a Rest with Seismic Toss. Bulky Pokemon (removed accent on E) that aren’t weak to Bug needs to be weakened or knocked out if Beedrill hopes to be able to sweep. Vaporeon is notable here, as it is able to take repeated hits from Beedrill (RC) and 2HKO it back with Surf. Along with that Additionally, Flying-types, such as Articuno and Gyarados, and Rock-types, (added hyphen) such as Omastar and especially Aerodactyl, are also able to take hits and threaten Beedrill back.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Plague von Karma, 236353], [Sevi 7, 505149]] (also removed extra bracket after PVK's userid)

View attachment 3340011/1
Alright, implemented! I believe this should be ready for upload.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)