Gen 3 Been A Minute

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Try team building after a few months of not doing so.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 20 SAtk / 96 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Roar
- Toxic

Articuno @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 56 SAtk / 132 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

See note under Celebi.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 112 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Counter
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Gets about the same average walling ability as a Skarmory. I just wanted the defense lower so I can get a bit more potential out of counter. Might just go for Explosion instead of EQ because EQ gets boring after a while.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 136 Atk / 120 Def / 176 Spd / 76 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion
- Hypnosis
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt

I like putting Def on Gar because it is funny.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 116 Def / 20 Spd / 132 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Leech Seed
- Psychic
- Recover

It's really supposed to be Reflect Celebi and Heal Bell Articuno, but I don't have two teams to switch between when I go into a non-modded server. Trash away.

Hmm, ur team looks like u might have some trouble with a skilled swampert user... can I suggest giga drain on celebi?

I can't remember if u have wish somewhere, but with leftovers+leech seed+giga drain and celebi's durability, you might not need recover.

Swampert is hardly a threat. Articuno can take anything and ice beam it. Tar can FP on the switch. Celebi owns it even if it doesnt have a grass move, and a good player wont keep Pert in on Celebi to get it seeded or let it CM anyway. Pert can toxic it and let it die if it doesnt have rest.

However, I still think you should have Beam over Toxic on Pert. Although its true that Mence doesn't care for toxic, ice beam can at least get rid of it fast. As of now you dont have a very reliable way to actually kill CBmence. Yes you can IB it with arti if it switches in and EQs predicting a tar switch, or you RS it with tar if it hp flys predicting a celebi switch, but thats really a stretch. Mence isnt going to switch into Pert either, nor will it stay in against it, so in all likelihood youre not going to hit mence with toxic, but end up hitting whatever comes in to take its place. Even if you toxic a mence, it can come in and hit and run several times before dying.

SubPass Zapdos could be a problem. If it comes in fairly easily, and can set up a sub when celebi switches in. If celebis dead, then it will slaughter most of your guys in a couple hits. Im not too sure how much articuno takes, though, but Id imagine it will probably 2HKO. Even worse is SubMSZapdos if you have spikes on your side.

I would definately consider Roar over Reflect on Arti. It really helps abuse spikes and sand and potentially toxic. Or if you really like Reflect consider putting Roar over ST on arti and making Pert a Sleeptalker. Roar on Arti also cures the slight CMcune weak you have.

Gyarados can be somewhat threatening, especially those stupid 264 Jolly ones. Only Gengar and Tar can come in and kill it, and if it is a 264 speed one, then only Tar can. Even then your opponent is hopefully smart enough to EQ it on the switch the second time around.

MixMence can also be scary, specifically the one I occasionally use, which is RS/HP Grass/FB/BB. Only Arti can hope to survive and then OHKO. Special Charizard with FB/HP Grass/FB/Sub also causes big problems, but it cant come in as easily.

I don't really like the idea of Counter on Forrey. Most non-STAB EQ/Fly attacks wont do much anyway, and you dont have wish support or something to heal it. I generally dislike using Counter if the Counterer cant be healed.

TBH, I don't really see Gengar doing much, except for blocking Rapid Spin and sleeping something. It can Boom on Bliss, but then you don't have much to take advantage of their lack of special resistance. You might want to consider Jirachi over it, to provide some Wish support and still maintain a good offense. The main problem is CBHera can wreak havoc with Megahorn. Your team was already rather shaky in dealing with it, and pretyt much relied on Gengar for its 4x resist to Bug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)