ORAS UU Bees and Magnets, By LRXC

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
pizap.comBeesandMagnetsBlackandYellow.jpg

Banner by Yours Truly

Hello Everyone! Its LittleRunnerXC here bringing you my first ever RMT. This is a team I have had great success with lately, and I feel is an awesome team anyone can use well.. It uses Volt-turn to keep offensive momentum going, and utilizes offensive threats and defensive threats to its advantage.. Thank you so much for all the views on this RMT and making it a successful one as well! Lets begin with my very first RMT! Hope you enjoy reading! =)

Lets go through the teambuilding process of the Volturn team.
First I started off with my favorite voltturn pair Mega-Beedrill and Magneton. This pair can really but a huge dent in opposing teams with a mix of powerful physical and special attacks, while being able to bring in faster u-turns from Beedrill, or slower volt-switches from magneton.

I then realized I probably needed a bulky water type on my team, to switch into and dish out damage. I tried out suicune but it was too passive, and stally, so I decided to make Feraligatr my win condition, as voltturn can find a great opportunity for Feraligatr to set up and sweep. It also provided a nice fire and water resist as well.

After looking at this trio I noticed I am very entei weak, Nothing want to take a sacred fire, and Beedrill is weak to the priority, so I added a nice special wallbreaker and Entei counter Chandelure. Chandelure provides a fire immunity, as well as an extremespeed immunity, and forces a switch if Entei locks itself into either one. I also needed a spin blocker and something that could take out forretress, so this was my answer.

Now this was where It got a little tough as I noticed I didnt have any hazard control, I had no defensive tank to rely on for taking hits, and I was very weak to ground and dragon sweepers like Haxorus, Salamence, and Hydreigon. So I thought a great option was Togetic. Togetic is not used much, but boy does it tank hits well, and provides great team support as well. Togetic gives my team a nice special tank, and a crucial dragon and ground resist. While also giving my team some great resists as it has great defensive typing.

Lastly, this was the toughest pokemon to pick. I realized I had an electric weakness, and still a pretty prevelant ground weakness as well. I also needed another defensive mon, preferably physical to take a hit as well. I first tried Nidoqueen, then Mamoswine, then Druddigon, then Krookodile, and then finally gligar. Gligar seemed to be the best fit as it provides another ground resist, and electric resist, hazards, defensive tank, and a pivot as well.

After testing a lot more and taking in the suggestions of TSR and Christo The Gr8 AND ManOfMany AND Kreme Led me to make some CRUCIAL changes to my team, I decided that Choice scarf Chandelure was a weak link to my team, as I wasnt as Entei weak as I thought, and didn't have any bulk to live an hit, I Realized that Hydreigon was the perfect switch. As it hits hard with life orb, but provides the needed support of taunt, to shut down set up sweepers, and roost for recovery, as Hydreigon is used to switch in on many hits. I still realized then that gligar was not pulling the weight of the team and 3 people suggested Seismitoad while I was testing with Seismitoad. I never even THOUGHT of using Seismitoad and it turned out to work GREAT It serves as a rocker, a bulky defensive mon, an electric resist, and the ground nuetrality doesnt matter becuase of my 2 levitate mons. Overall I think this major switch in the team will make this team even better! (It also creates a nice fairy, draogn, steel core that I realized works amazingly together as well.

So Now I will go over the roles of each pokemon.

Wasp Up? (Beedrill-Mega) (F) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Oh how I have come to like Mega-Beedrill, it is such a threat and that adaptability boost, plus almost unresisted stab combo plus drill-run, makes it such a hard mon to deal with. U-turn makes it grab so much offensive momentum and puts the opponent in a bad situation, where it is either forced to make a switch, or sacrifice a mon to your new threat out onto the field. I run max speed and max attack, with Adamant, so it can hit harder, even though I am then outsped by base 80 choice scarfers, I feel that the extra damage is more important. With moves of U-turn, Poison Jab, Drill-Run, and Protect.​

Swagneton (Magneton) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Next up is the second main part of the team, the volt-switcher, Magneton. Magneton is such an underrated threat right now, that should not be taken lightly. Choice Specs Magneton hits like a truck, with a great stab combo of electric and steel. This electric steel typing is not only good offensively, but actually the best defensively, providing a useful 11 resistances! The most in the game with magnemite and magnezone. Magneton can also bring slower volt switches, even though I run max speed on it. Its ability is also crucial as well, as magnet pull can trap mons like Forretress, and destroy them as Forretress can do almost nothing to Magneton. I run thunderbolt, volt switch, flash cannon, and hp grass for swampert, but you can also run hp fire instead for other steel types, grass types, and Forretress.​

FearTheGatr (Feraligatr) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Next up is Feraligatr, even though it is not as good as it used to be, it is still such a potent threat and makes a great addition onto the team. Feraligatr is a useable win con on every team, and works especially well with voltturn, as beedrill and magneton can bring Feraligatr in for a good matchup, force a switch, and give your team offensive momentum with setting up Swords Dance. Feraligatr also serves as my water or semi bulky water type (Which I think every team should have... or at least one water type). Sheer Force plus Life orb just punches holes in defending teams. It also brought a useful fire and water resist, and a mentionable ice resist as well, as it can switch in to incoming ice shards.​

TripleThreat (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

This is now a crucial part of my team, as Hydreigon provides me with much needed typing and ability defensively, as it gives me an resistence to water, electric, and fire, which I was weak to. It grants be 2 useful immunities in psychic, and the much needed ground, for magneton. Even though this gives me a 4x weakness to fairy, magneton and beedrill can both back that up, as they resist it. Offensively, Hydreion lets the team wallbreak effectively, as draco meteor has limited switch ins, and dark pulse is a nice needed coverage move for my team. I also needed a better counter towards stall, as that is what this team was very weak to, so I needed to add taunt and roost.

TogeTank (Togetic) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam or Seismic Toss
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Next up, Togetic is a crucial part of this team, as it forms the first part of my defensive backbone with Seismitoad. Togetic may seem like a weird pick, especially when there is florges, but I needed a reliable special tank that was immune to both dragon AND ground, while also providing much needed hazard control in defog, and thunder wave support as well, so Togetic definetly fit the bill. Thunder wave really helps this team as this team if naturally on the slower side bar beedrill and sort of hydreigon, so t-wave helps this team much more. Togetic is what makes this team very special, in that no one really uses it, but boy is it underrated and counters so many threats.​

ToadallyCool (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Lastly, Seismitoad was a much needed switch for my team as it provided me with many needed immunites and defensive capabilities. Gligar is what I had before, but it was too passive and made me even more weak to water moves, especially scald. Seismitoad provides a nice electric and water immunity, and deterrs the opponet from spamming scald over and over again. Seismitoad also provides stealth rocks, which is another thing this team really needs, and has good mixed coverage in scald (those burns are nice :)) and earthquake, while also providing knock off support, which further helps the team against stall by shutting down eviolite threats such as Gligar, Porygon2, and even Doublade. Seismitoad also gave me a nice Coballion and Entei switch in, as this team was, and still kind of is, weak to both of those mons.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed reading my first RMT and give my team a try as well! I think this is a great team that deserves to be used in the UU metagame. I am very open to any suggestions as well as comments! Thank you so much! Sets will be down below!

One of the huge counters to this team is Coballion, Coballion can shut down my specially defensive wall in Togetic, can easily wall Hydreigon, wall Feraligatr, and walls Beedrill very hard. Coballion can also outspeed and take out my Magneton with a Close combat. However, my togetic can thunder-wave this on the switch in, and cripple it for the rest of the match. Seismitoad is my only counter to this, as I have to pray for a scald burn.

The next counter to this team is Zapdos, as this team was made just before Zapdos came down. I think a lot of RMT's despise this mon now that it came to UU (Pak Fletchinder team, haha) This thing walls many of my offensive threats like Beedrill, Magneton, and Feraligatr, and can take out Seimitoad if it runs HP grass, and togetic with a couple of thunderbotls. Hydreigon however is the counter to Zapdos, as it can dark pulse it to death.

Lastly,
Stall, this team is pretty weak to full stall teams as it doesnt have many stall counters, besides Hydreigon using taunt, and Seismitoad with knock off. The mons above can give my team a big problem. But who uses full stall anymore? Haha.

Wasp Up? (Beedrill-Mega) (F) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Swagneton (Magneton) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

TogeTank (Togetic) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

FearTheGatr (Feraligatr) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

TripleThreat (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

ToadallyCool (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off​

Chamaeleon For being a great friend and helping me teambuild a lot ;)
Who Do You Think? For being a great friend on showdown and another teambuilding buddy
horsehead3 Horsehead-3 For being funny and raging about "luck and bad players" and also getting rekt by hype Armaldo haha
Christo The Gr8 For being one of the ones to help me get to know the UU metagame, and also someone who I can always count on to improve my teams.
King UU For helping me with my first Analysis and also being really cool.
iplaytennislol For being an awesome mentor, a great chat presence, and making really cool teams.
DMT Because he is cool and Shedinja is hype "I will never forget that Bite Mega-Swampert hahaha"
Sacri' For being a cool friend that helps me with teams, and knows how to have fun, as well as helping me out on Smogon.
Pinkin Lark For being a cool guy that says he stinks at UU and for some reason always disagrees with me, haha ;).
Lixx For having a cool youtube channel and also helping me build teams
DaSpoofy for being a really cool guy, making cool youtube content, and also helping me make teams as well.
teal6 For being a really great battler to watch, and also a really nice guy =)
Shiba For being a great showdown contributor and also being really cool on showdown=)
Euphonos For being one of my first friends on Showdown and also being a really nice guy, as well as having the best team names.
I am sorry If I missed anyone as I will give a general shoutout to the whole UU Room! You guys are amazing and super fun to talk too!

Lastly I would like to give a super big shoutout to SceptileMC for featuring my team on one of his youtube videos! He is a great youtuber and phenomenal battler that used my team very well. He is also in the GBA league as the San Francisco Arcaniners! So I wish him luck in the GBA and you guys should too! Here is a link to the video as he showcases my team! =)
Play this on youtube or go full screen as the thumbnail is quite small
Also he even played Aquadext and you can watch him rage as he loses to Bees and Magnets... hehe ;)

Edit: Changed nicknames, they really stunk haha

Edit: Recently, mega base forms have dropped, the notable ones being Metagross, Sableye, Gardevoir, Diancie, and Venusaur. Many other RMT's now are a little less viable because some of these mons really counter there team, and of course they wouldn't prepare for it because they used to be only OU, but now they aren't. This RMT, Bees and Magnets, I feel is not one of those RMT's that get destroyed by these new threats coming down, including the Crawdaunt suspect test. Metagross I can trap with Magenton and resist both stabs, 4x resist steel. Even though many Metagross run EQ, I can usually outspeed Metagross because it never really runs max speed, especially not Jolly, and some may run pursuit for pursuit trapping, maybe ice or thunder punch, or the possible hammer arm or stone edge. Metagross could also be choice locked into Meteor Mash, making Magneton a good counter to it most of the time. Hydreigon can also smack it with a dark pulse, and Seismitoad walls it pretty well. Sableye could maybe be a problem, with prankster will-o-wisp able to cripple by physical threats such as Mega-Beedrill and Feraligatr, but Togetic can take care Sableye with Dazzling gleam, but it may have to take a knock off in the process, which could be pretty detrimental. Hydriegon could also take Sableye out with a Draco Meteor, and taunt it as well. Magneton could also take it out as well. Diancie will probably not be much of a problem, as Beedrill has the coverage, and Magneton can easily take it out with a choice specs stab flash cannon. Seismitoad could also possibly wall it and fire off a scald. Gardevoir is the one that could be a problem, as its dual stab is nice against my team. The choice scarf variant is the most scary as it can take out beedrill, and my usual psychic resist Hydreigon loses to it. Togetic will have to wall it and probably t-wave it, and Magneton will have to come in and wall both stabs. Lastly, Venusaur, thought probably not going to be used much, I can still take it out relatively well, with Beedrill being able to come in and u-turn out, and get some switch ins and momentum and stuff. Crawdaunt could potentially be a problem, being able to do lots of damage with an aqua jet. Seismitoad would be my sure fire check to Crawdaunt, and Hydreigon also resists both stabs, so I can deal with that relatively well. Also, your pretty legit if you took the time to read this lol

Also, this team does alright with Gyarados, so you can still use it if you want lol

This was a VERY big edit, so I just wanted to keep this RMT up-to-date with the new meta... =)

Last edited:
Hey nice team! definitely like it a lot because it reminds me of Omfuga's archived VoltTurn team.

The only thing I see wrong immediately is a RD mega swampert weakness. Mega Swampert can get a free rain dance off vs Magneton locked into anything but HP Grass, Gligar, and Togetic. After that, it basically gets 5 kills, 4 if you wanna switch into Togetic once (rain boosted Waterfall 2HKOs).

For this, I'd reccomend changing Togetic to mixed defensive Amoonguss. Amoonguss still takes quite a bit from Adamant Swampert's Earthquake, but easily does a lot back with Giga Drain and can recover off damage with Regenerator, retaining the pivot abilities you want out of Togetic and rewarding a switch. Whimsicott is also an option if you want to reduce your Mence and Hydra weakness, but becomes an offensive pivot with a terrible defensive typing. If you drop Togetic, then just put Defog on Gligar over U-turn. You lose useful momentum grabbing, but it'll allow your team to be less weak to Swampert and Dragons.
With either Amoonguss or Whimsicott, it increases your already good matchup vs. Hyper Offense through the use of Encore or Clear Smog. Free Spores from Amoonguss is great here too, as it gives your frail mons a lot of free switch ins, even though you miss out on sweeping support from the best move in the game Thunder Wave. The team overall seems a bit weak to stall but you have Magneton to trap steels which automatically opens up a huge hole for Beedrill and Feraligatr along with Trick to cripple a wall, so it shouldn't be all to bad.

Hope I helped n_n

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Serious Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Stun Spore / Foul Play / Toxic

(Any of those moves in the last slot give you cool utility to use against other offensive teams. You can live Draco from LO Hydra and Outrage from Salamence after rocks and neutralize the threat with Spore and give a free switch to something to deal with it.)

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn / Memento

(Encore helps your matchup vs. offense by stopping sweepers from using boosting moves. Also Outspeeds non-scarf Hydra and Mence to kill with Moonblast or revenge Outrage locked Mence easily. Giga Drain is kinda mandatory with your Swampert weakness, but encore can stop the idea of free Rain Dances. U-turn can replace the U-turn on Gligar, or you can use Prankster Memento for late game sweep with Gatr.)

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Hey nice team! definitely like it a lot because it reminds me of Omfuga's archived VoltTurn team.

The only thing I see wrong immediately is a RD mega swampert weakness. Mega Swampert can get a free rain dance off vs Magneton locked into anything but HP Grass, Gligar, and Togetic. After that, it basically gets 5 kills, 4 if you wanna switch into Togetic once (rain boosted Waterfall 2HKOs).

For this, I'd reccomend changing Togetic to mixed defensive Amoonguss. Amoonguss still takes quite a bit from Adamant Swampert's Earthquake, but easily does a lot back with Giga Drain and can recover off damage with Regenerator, retaining the pivot abilities you want out of Togetic and rewarding a switch. Whimsicott is also an option if you want to reduce your Mence and Hydra weakness, but becomes an offensive pivot with a terrible defensive typing. If you drop Togetic, then just put Defog on Gligar over U-turn. You lose useful momentum grabbing, but it'll allow your team to be less weak to Swampert and Dragons.
With either Amoonguss or Whimsicott, it increases your already good matchup vs. Hyper Offense through the use of Encore or Clear Smog. Free Spores from Amoonguss is great here too, as it gives your frail mons a lot of free switch ins, even though you miss out on sweeping support from the best move in the game Thunder Wave. The team overall seems a bit weak to stall but you have Magneton to trap steels which automatically opens up a huge hole for Beedrill and Feraligatr along with Trick to cripple a wall, so it shouldn't be all to bad.

Hope I helped n_n

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Serious Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Stun Spore / Foul Play / Toxic

(Any of those moves in the last slot give you cool utility to use against other offensive teams. You can live Draco from LO Hydra and Outrage from Salamence after rocks and neutralize the threat with Spore and give a free switch to something to deal with it.)

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn / Memento

(Encore helps your matchup vs. offense by stopping sweepers from using boosting moves. Also Outspeeds non-scarf Hydra and Mence to kill with Moonblast or revenge Outrage locked Mence easily. Giga Drain is kinda mandatory with your Swampert weakness, but encore can stop the idea of free Rain Dances. U-turn can replace the U-turn on Gligar, or you can use Prankster Memento for late game sweep with Gatr.)
Yeah thanks man! I will definetly try Amoongus that actually sounds like a good idea because of regenerator and stuff. However I am then weak to fire even more, and lose 2 immunities, but I will try it and inform you on how it goes! Thank you very much! Really appreciate it! =)

^you'll dissuade fire spam pretty easily with Chandy and Gatr can check most of the Fire types bar like +2 Mega houndoom so it doesn't seem too bad.
As for your Gatr weakness, Jolly mega Beedrill outspeeds +1 Gatr and can revenge it pretty handily if need be, if you're willing to change it

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK it's hard to recommend changes that don't ultimately leave this thing openly weak to something else, nevertheless onto the rate:
  • First off, I recommend having Jolly > Adamant on Beedrill, as this allows you to outspeed the likes of Choice Scarf Chandelure and +1 Feraligatr after Mega Evolving, making it much easier to deal with both.
  • I also recommend having Swords Dance Feraligatr > Dragon Dance Feraligatr, as this provides you with a slightly better matchup against stall while also being able to pack priority to help deal with the likes of Entei and Chandelure a bit easier.
  • I also recommend having Timid and Max Speed on Magneton > current EVs and nature, as this allows you to outspeed the likes of Adamant Feraligatr and at least tie with Jolly MegaPert among other things, I don't find the extra power as much of a necessity considering you hit the likes of Forry pretty hard as is.
  • A potential, albeit subjective, change could be having Seismitoad > Gligar to have more backbone against Fire-types while still retaining your Ground-type and Stealth Rock. Seismitoad also provides Knock Off and a Scald switch in, at the cost of losing U-turn though, so it's your choice ultimately.
Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Standard Swords Dance. Aqua Jet makes having Jolly less of a necessity and helps add priority to the team.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Knock Off

EVs help maximize Leftovers recovery while the rest of the set is standard. Knock Off > Toxic here because the team lacks Knock Off anyhow and it's never bad to have it on the team, Toxic can be used if stuff like Cresselia proves to be a huge nuisance though.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
OK it's hard to recommend changes that don't ultimately leave this thing openly weak to something else, nevertheless onto the rate:
  • First off, I recommend having Jolly > Adamant on Beedrill, as this allows you to outspeed the likes of Choice Scarf Chandelure and +1 Feraligatr after Mega Evolving, making it much easier to deal with both.
  • I also recommend having Swords Dance Feraligatr > Dragon Dance Feraligatr, as this provides you with a slightly better matchup against stall while also being able to pack priority to help deal with the likes of Entei and Chandelure a bit easier.
  • I also recommend having Timid and Max Speed on Magneton > current EVs and nature, as this allows you to outspeed the likes of Adamant Feraligatr and at least tie with Jolly MegaPert among other things, I don't find the extra power as much of a necessity considering you hit the likes of Forry pretty hard as is.
  • A potential, albeit subjective, change could be having Seismitoad > Gligar to have more backbone against Fire-types while still retaining your Ground-type and Stealth Rock. Seismitoad also provides Knock Off and a Scald switch in, at the cost of losing U-turn though, so it's your choice ultiately.
Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Standard Swords Dance. Aqua Jet makes having Jolly less of a necessity and helps add priority to the team.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Knock Off

EVs help maximize Leftovers recovery while the rest of the set is standard. Knock Off > Toxic here because the team lacks Knock Off anyhow and it's never bad to have it on the team, Toxic can be used if stuff like Cresselia proves to be a huge nuisance though.
Thanks man! Really do appreciate the comments! I will definetly switch adamant to jolly beedrill, and I wil try SD feraligatr over DD gatr, as you are right, it works better against stall, and the priority will be great. I was actually thinking of changing the speed on magneton, and I guess I will try timid on magneton as well. I think I will keep gligar over Seismitoad though. Thank you! And also do you think it is a good team? =)

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
^you'll dissuade fire spam pretty easily with Chandy and Gatr can check most of the Fire types bar like +2 Mega houndoom so it doesn't seem too bad.
As for your Gatr weakness, Jolly mega Beedrill outspeeds +1 Gatr and can revenge it pretty handily if need be, if you're willing to change it
True, another thing I noticed though is that If I replace Togetic I lose momentum with Gligar, and Immunity on Gligar. I also then have no dark resist, and am VERY weak to knock off, as I would have 1 eviolite user, 1 weakness, and no resists. Amoongus also doesnt provide the biggest special tank as well. I will try amoongus though and if it works I will switch my RMT and give you credit ;) Thanks a lot man

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey LRXC! Really cool team, Bee + Magnets is a great core.

One thing I noted is that your team is quite weak to Specs Kyurem, courtesy of your Togetic Gligar core. Even though you have 3 resists to Ice Beam, two of them are outsped and 2HKOd by Ice Beam and the third one (Chandelure), can't reliably revenge kill from full health. A way to kind of help you deal with this is to use Superpower > Crunch on Feraligatr. This makes it sure you can reliably set up on a locked Ice Beam Kyurem and then revenge kill it, as well as giving you a stronger way to deal with Empoleon and Abomasnow, who can both can really annoy your team. It also lets you beat Blissey easily 1v1, who can otherwise just spam thunder-wave with little drawback.

Another thing your team was kind of weak to was Calm Mind Suicune. Although Specs Magneton deals with this, one unlucky Scald switch-in and the game is basically over. A way to deal with this is to replace Gligar with Power-up Punch Seismitoad. This is a slightly niche version of Seismitoad that still uses its basic defensive spread with Rocks, but is able to counter Suicune.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Power-Up Punch

The third thing I noticed was a weakness to Rain Dance MegaSwampert. I think changing your Togetic to a physically defensive spread with Toxic, would be nice to deal with this. Another solution to this is to replace Togetic with Whimsicott and give Defog to Gligar, as Whimsicott fits really nicely on this team and provides even more momentum. However, this means sacrificing Togetic, which is the mon which makes the team unique, and I'm not really sure you want to do that.

So basically, here's my list of possible ideas:
Superpower > Crunch on Feraligatr
Seismitoad with PuP > Gligar
PhysDef Togetic > SpD Togetic
Whimsicott > Togetic

----

Another cool idea to try is using Baton Pass on Togetic, as a slow baton pass works the same way as a slow U-turn, giving you a really awesome volt-turn team. However this doesn't solve the problem of Mega Swampert.

A way to solve this (sorry if this sounds really dumb), is to replace Gligar with Cradily on your team. This gives you a counter to Suicune and a counter to MegaSwamp in one slot, as well as giving you rocks. Then again, it is a Cradily, so take it with a grain of salt even if it does fit on your team well.

Last edited:
Hey LittleRunnerXC, cool team! I like your use of Thunder-Wave Togetic on this team as it makes it easier to cripple pokemon that would give Magneton and Gatr a hard time. I have a few suggestions that I think will overall make this team more effective while keeping the same core / team concept.

To start, I suggest you switch to Adamant Beedrill as it is far more effective as a wall breaker with the +Attack Nature. I could see why you would want Jolly for pokemon you have in your threat list such as Chandelure and Jolly DD Feraligatr(No one even runs this lol), although the suggestions I am going to make will mitigate those weaknesses.

Next, I suggest LO Taunt + Roost Hydreigon > Scarf Chandelure. The need for a scarf pokemon is not as needed on this team as you have Beedrill to revenge kill most pokemon as well as Thunder-Wave Togetic to cripple fast threats. Roost Hydreigon stays as a reliable Fire Check as well as serving as your Chandelure and SD Feraligatr counter which your team is obviously weak to as pointed out in your Threat List. This also serves as a check to Suicune which is also a problem for your team due to the amount pokemon on your team that it can setup on. This overall is a perfect fit for your team.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

Final suggestion is Seismitoad > Gligar. Seismitoad still serves as your Volt Switch immunity (Hydreigon also helps with that and your Ground issue as well :p) as well as Stealth Rocker that Gligar provided. Seismitoad is a solid check to Dragon Dance / SD Feraligatr which completely demolished your team otherwise as well as serving as your Aerodactyl check (Aerodactyl completely demolished your team as your check to it was literally hitting it with U Turn from Gligar).

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Those are my suggestions, I think I made this team a lot better! If you have any questions feel free to message me over PS!, good luck!

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Hey LittleRunnerXC, cool team! I like your use of Thunder-Wave Togetic on this team as it makes it easier to cripple pokemon that would give Magneton and Gatr a hard time. I have a few suggestions that I think will overall make this team more effective while keeping the same core / team concept.

To start, I suggest you switch to Adamant Beedrill as it is far more effective as a wall breaker with the +Attack Nature. I could see why you would want Jolly for pokemon you have in your threat list such as Chandelure and Jolly DD Feraligatr(No one even runs this lol), although the suggestions I am going to make will mitigate those weaknesses.

Next, I suggest LO Taunt + Roost Hydreigon > Scarf Chandelure. The need for a scarf pokemon is not as needed on this team as you have Beedrill to revenge kill most pokemon as well as Thunder-Wave Togetic to cripple fast threats. Roost Hydreigon stays as a reliable Fire Check as well as serving as your Chandelure and SD Feraligatr counter which your team is obviously weak to as pointed out in your Threat List. This also serves as a check to Suicune which is also a problem for your team due to the amount pokemon on your team that it can setup on. This overall is a perfect fit for your team.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

Final suggestion is Seismitoad > Gligar. Seismitoad still serves as your Volt Switch immunity (Hydreigon also helps with that and your Ground issue as well :p) as well as Stealth Rocker that Gligar provided. Seismitoad is a solid check to Dragon Dance / SD Feraligatr which completely demolished your team otherwise as well as serving as your Aerodactyl check (Aerodactyl completely demolished your team as your check to it was literally hitting it with U Turn from Gligar).

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Those are my suggestions, I think I made this team a lot better! If you have any questions feel free to message me over PS!, good luck!
Wow! Thanks a lot man! Its funny because I was actually thinking of switching Chandelure out because I noticed I dont really need a fast revenge killer as I have beedrill..... and also I have tested Seismitoad some more and have actually found it to be more useful then I had imagined it to be! Thanks a lot man these switches are DEFINETLY coming in, as now I realize that Hydreigon is a perfect mon on this team! Haha ground immunity and such! It also still packs a punch man! Honestly thanks a lot! (Again I noticed that the weak link on my team was chandelure, and in a way Gligar I guess... thanks a lot man!) =)

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Christo's suggestions are good and definitely better than mine. However they do make you weaker to certain threats- Snorlax (Chandy could pressure this with Trick a bit better than Hydrei with Taunt), Swords Dance Mega Abomasnow, and again Kyurem, especially Scarf Kyurem Variants. To help pressure against these threats, I strongly suggest to run Superpower on Gatr!

And again, you should really try PuP Seismitoad > Knock Off Toad because Taunt Hydrei really isn't a reliable check to CM Cune, and you can never have enough counterplay to this thing.

Christo's suggestions are good and definitely better than mine. However they do make you weaker to certain threats- Snorlax (Chandy could pressure this with Trick a bit better than Hydrei with Taunt), Swords Dance Mega Abomasnow, and again Kyurem, especially Scarf Kyurem Variants. To help pressure against these threats, I strongly suggest to run Superpower on Gatr!

And again, you should really try PuP Seismitoad > Knock Off Toad because Taunt Hydrei really isn't a reliable check to CM Cune, and you can never have enough counterplay to this thing.
I find Scarf Kyurem to be a silly reason to change any sets on his pokemon since that is practically never used and the set doesn't exactly 6-0, although a threat. You bring up a fair point about Snorlax, as I did not consider that when rating his team. A potential option could be Encore on Togetic so you can go into one of your strong Special Attackers to get a couple hard hits off.

Hydreigon is a very decent Suicune check and paired with Specs Mag and Toad I think he is fine.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Scarf Kyurem isn't the main reason to change the set- the main reason is that Snorlax 6-0s him if Magneton doesn't get high rolls with Thunderbolt, so any amount of added pressure is great.

Encore is a neat move on Togetic for Snorlax, but it is so much less useful than a status move like T-wave vs 90% of threats so I don't know if it would benefit his team in the long run. Also it would decrease from speed control and overall make the team really slow and difficult to cover offensive threats.

As of now, the team is too weak to Snorlax and something has to change, whatever it is.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Very late shoutouts! (close)

Chamaeleon For being a great friend and helping me teambuild a lot ;)
Who Do You Think? For being a great friend on showdown and another teambuilding buddy
horsehead3 Horsehead-3 For being funny and raging about "luck and bad players" and also getting rekt by hype Armaldo haha
Christo The Gr8 For being one of the ones to help me get to know the UU metagame, and also someone who I can always count on to improve my teams.
King UU For helping me with my first Analysis and also being really cool.
iplaytennislol For being an awesome mentor, a great chat presence, and making really cool teams.
DMT Because he is cool and Shedinja is hype "I will never forget that Bite Mega-Swampert hahaha"
Sacri' For being a cool friend that helps me with teams, and knows how to have fun, as well as helping me out on Smogon.
Pinkin Lark For being a cool guy that says he stinks at UU and for some reason always disagrees with me, haha ;).
Lixx For having a cool youtube channel and also helping me build teams
DaSpoofy for being a really cool guy, making cool youtube content, and also helping me make teams as well.
teal6 For being a really great battler to watch, and also a really nice guy =)
Shiba For being a great showdown contributor and also being really cool on showdown=)
Euphonos For being one of my first friends on Showdown and also being a really nice guy, as well as having the best team names.
shadestep Because he cool and he wanted a shoutout
I am sorry If I missed anyone as I will give a general shoutout to the whole UU Room! You guys are amazing and super fun to talk too!

Lastly I would like to give a super big shoutout to SceptileMC for featuring my team on one of his youtube videos! He is a great youtuber and phenomenal battler that used my team very well. He is also in the GBA league as the San Francisco Arcaniners! So I wish him luck in the GBA and you guys should too! Here is a link to the video as he showcases my team! =)

Also he even played Aquadext and you can watch him rage as he loses to Bees and Magnets... hehe ;)

Last edited:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Edit: Changed the nicknames, to things that are way better aha
Edit: SceptileMC has uploaded another video using my team! Make sure to watch it and subscribe to his channel! As well as wish him luck in the GBA! He is the San Fransisco Arcaniners!

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Edit: Made everything look better
Made a really cool banner (A while ago)
At the end talked about how the team deals with the new meta, and how it still works great, maybe even better with these new drops.

Something that may be worth your time is Earth Power > Earthquake, by having Earth Power being burned by something like Sacred Fire won't be such a travesty in case you need to utilize Ground STAB

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Something that may be worth your time is Earth Power > Earthquake, by having Earth Power being burned by something like Sacred Fire won't be such a travesty in case you need to utilize Ground STAB
Cool suggestion, but I think Seismitoad should usually always be mixed, as it does have more attack, and I can still take out Entei with Scald, so burns arent that detrimental to Seismitoad. Earthquake also does more damage. I also dont want to get walled totally by Special Tanks, I wanna be able to at least do some damage on switch ins and stuff. Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I will keep Earthquake Lilligant for OU =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)