Behind the wall: A Hyper-O LC team

This team is basically a Hyper-Suicide Offensive team. The main goal is to get screens up and setup 1 or 2 boost behind a screen before sweeping as much of the opponents team as possible.

I started off with Scraggy because Scraggy is a complete badass. He completely wipes through any unprepared team and still deal a hefty chunk of damage on teams that are prepared for him.

Next I added in Abra as a dual screen user. Dual screens allow Scraggy to boost up more easily, tank priority attacks (Mach Punch), and take less damage from Pokemon that he doesn't OHKO.

Next I added in Misdreavus. I felt like I had a weakness to fighting attacks and having another pokemon able to setup behind screens fit the idea of the team perfectly well.

Murkrow came next. An absolute beast in Little Cup, Murkrow fit my team quite nicely because it's an excellent check to fighting types that plague little cup and because it hits hard while being somewhat frail. I chose to go with a Choice Scarf set on Murkrow as opposed to the usual MixKrow or Support role that it usually fills.

Next up I wanted another screen user. I settled on Natu because it would be useful in bouncing back statuses, to deal with entry hazards, and spread some statuses itself.

Lastly I added in Elgyem. With it's ability it can dish out more damage for being slower, with the backing of dual screens Elgyem will take less damage from attacks and be able to stay around longer.

After some playing I noted that I (ironically) had a massive Scraggy weakness. Once it got setup with Murkrow down it could mow through my team. I replaced Elgyem with Wooper to combat this. Wooper adds some nice defense to my team and is able to spread status with Toxic.

Abra @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
Level: 5
EVs: 236 HP / 76 SpA/ 196 Spd
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psychic
- Protect

Abra is my lead and main screen setter. I chose Focus Sash over Light Clay because Abra has absolutely no bulk, just about anything would OHKO it. Also Mienfoo, the most common lead in the tier, would easily KO it with Uturn. With Focus Sash and Protect Abra is able to lead, protect the takeout from Mienfoo, and then set up both screens. Usually I'll sack Abra so that Scraggy can come in for see and start setting up.
Timid Nature and the Evs to get 19 Speed, letting it speed tie with any non-boosted Poke in the tier. The rest are dumped into Special Attack.
Psychic means I'm not taunt bait and gives me something to do while I'm waiting for the opponent to KO me.

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd / 36 Def
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt

Scraggy. What a boss. My favorite Pokemon in LC. He can easily 6-0 many teams, even well built ones after two Dragon Dances.
Drain Punch is STAB and the main move. The HP regeneration allows him to stick around longer and perfect accuracy (over HJK) doesn't fuck you over when you need it. Crunch hits ghosts and psychics who are immune or resistant to Drain Punch. Zen Headbutt finishes off coverage, allowing Scraggy to hit Bug types, Fighting types, etc.
EVs maximize Attack and Speed to let it hit harder and faster before it gets a boost. The rest are in Defense to take priority attacks. Shed Skin over moxie so you can set up in Bronzors face, as well as others who rely on status.
Pretty standard set.

Misdreavus @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd / 28 SDef
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Another standard set. While normally pretty frail, behind screens Missy can easily set up a Nasty Plot or two. After that HP Fighting and Shadow Ball give Neutral coverage to everything, Thunderbolt hits a few things supper effectively (Murkrow I'm looking at you), deals with bulky waters, and fills up the last spot.
Evs are blah, nothing special. Life Orb=hit harder, however, I'm considering changing it with Eviolite. With all the boosts that are meant to be setup it might help to take priority attacks and hits while it's setting up.

Murkrow @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 240 Atk / 28 Spd / 240 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This thing is a beast of a revenge killer. Murkrow comes in and with it's awesome coverage deals with many threats to my team.
The EVs 24 speed with a scarf allowing it to outspeed +1 Scraggy, most scarers, and anything unboosted. The rest are in Atk and SpA to hit harder.
Brave Bird is the main STAB move, Sucker Punch lets me hit other Scarfers, Boosted Pokemon, and those who take Super Effective damage from it. Heat Wave is coverage, hitting Magnezone, Ferroseed, Bronzor, and grass types. HP Grass finishes up the set, dealing with bulky waters, Chinchou, etc.

Natu @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 76 SDef / 76 Def / 116 HP / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Wish
- Thunder Wave

I felt I need another screen setter because I can't rely on setting up screens with Abra and immediately sweeping everything. Natu could not only do that but, because of it's bulk, it can take hits and spread status and wishes to my other teammates.
The speed EVs allow it to tie with Mienfoo and outspeed many common LC Pokemon, including unbolted Scraggy and Dratini, unboosted Magnemite, Timburr, and many others. Defence and HP EVs allow it to take hits.
Wish helps heal my two sweepers incase I had to switch out, Thunder Wave cripples faster Pokes.

Wooper @ Eviolite
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 156 Def / 236 HP / 76 Atk
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Recover

Ironically when I played with this team I would get massacred by Scraggy. Wooper is an amazing Scraggy check, thanks to it's ability Unaware that let's it ignore the boosts.
Impish lets it take Physical hits better, something it will be doing often because it's dedicated to checking Scraggy.
The EVs are an extension to that, boosting Wooper's Defense and HP. The other EVs are put into attack to let it dish out hits with it's two awesome STABs.
EQ and Waterfall let Wooper fight back, two powerful STAB moves. Toxic allows Wooper to damage those who resist it's attacks and get passive damage. Recover lets me survive longer.

I realize this probably isn't the best team ever, but it's a bit of fun to use and mowing through an opponents team behind screens is always fun.

Abra @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Def / 196 Spd
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psychic
- Protect

Scraggy @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt

Misdreavus @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 SAtk / 28 SDef / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Murkrow @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 240 Atk / 240 SAtk / 28 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Natu @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 76 SDef / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Wish
- Thunder Wave

Wooper @ Eviolite
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Atk / 156 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Recover

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi! Nice team you have here, though I want to do some suggestions.

VoltTurn teams roll all over you, since Chinchou can simply HP grass your wooper and you have nothing to really hit him. Drifloon also completely walks over you, with absolutely no resistance to flying.
I feel like Abra doesn't really do a lot to your team. Your bulky screener is Natu and it isn't really offensive enough to be used to attack the opposing team. You could replace it with Chinchou, which can keep momentum for your team with Volt Switch, use heal bell to cure status afflictions in your team and allow you to use Moxie on Scraggy, which can help you sweeping more effectively. Also, you could maybe use Hi Jump Kick on it, since it does higher damage on fighting-types than Zen Headbutt and bug-types are already hit by Crunch better, missing only on Croagunk (which is going to KO you with fake out + Vacuum wave anyway).

This does need a little reworking around abra as you already have a sceener in the form of natu. this is why I run this set on abra
Abra@Focus sash
Trait: Magi guard
Phychic
Shadow ball
Hidden power fighting
Calm mind
Nature: Timid( or whatever boost SpA) EV' s: 252SpA/4SpD/252 SpE

This set outspeed and kills many slow gosht and dark types but fast ones as well. I opt for hidden power fighting. for dark coverage, Shadow ball for ghost coverage and phychic for STAB.
I also agree with Sarkynin that chinchou should replace wooper.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Those aren't the optimal EVs you can run on Abra. Run 240 SpA and 200 Spe, rest in HP with a Timid nature if you want to have offensive Abra. Also, I also back Chinchou for that vital Flying resist. With Murkrow the second most used, it has to be present.

+1 for chinchou. Also, don't forget to slap volt absorb on it! This will let him switch into the common electric type attacks, and regain health.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)