Behold King Zard Y (Gen 6 Balance)

I've been able to get between 1600 and 1700 on Showdown with this team, but I seem to be getting stuck there. I used to have a Crobat and Espeon, but I replaced them with Mandibuzz and Vaporeon respectively.

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
- Flame Charge

Charizard Y is my main special sweeper. Fire Blast and SolarBeam seem to be the staples. Focus Blast is key for hitting through Heatran and Tyranitar. Flame Charge allows me to use it as a sweeper, and provides a reliable option if my opponent has only a bit of HP left. After getting 1 Flame Charge off, Charizard is able to take out nearly everything. On this team, I've been leading with it as an early sweeper, unless my opponent has a Goodra, Dragonite, Salamence, Noivern, Kingdra, or Mega Charizard on their team, in which case I opt for something else. I occasionally have trouble with Talonflame

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Thunder Fang
- Rock Slide

I picked Salamence in order to get rid of what walls Charizard Y the most, Dragon types and other Fire/Flying types. Dragon Claw and Earthquake are fairly standard. I added Thunder Fang for support against Water types, and Rock Slide for Fire/Flying types. I'm not really sure if I should replace Thunder Fang with Fire Blast. Salamence was chosen over other Dragon's because of both it's better speed and the boosts from Moxie

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 52 Def / 248 HP / 208 SDef
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Roost

My main defogger, meant to remove Stealth Rocks and shut down walls, both of which give Zard and Salamence trouble. It works well with Leech Seed from Ferrothorn. I went with Knock Off instead of Foul Play, as Foul Play was much more situational, and I preferred the bonus of getting items off. Taunt is to take care of Blisseys, Forretresses, and Smeargles. I usually lead with it when I see a Smeargle. Roost is for standard recovery.

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Confuse Ray
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Lanturn is able to tank the Fire, Ice, Water, and Electric moves that give my team a bit more trouble than other types, while at the same time healing status. The EQ weakness isn't as big of a deal because of the large number of flying types I have. Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave make a dangerous combo that spreads paralysis and allows for safe switches using Volt Switch. I'd have preferred to use Soak over Confuse Ray, as it negates STAB, and gives me a type advantage on Volt Switch should my opponent switch out. Unfortunately it's not compatible with Heal Bell right now. Confuse Ray in particular is useful when my opponent has things that are immune to T-wave. 0 Atk IVs keeps reduces Foul Play and confusion damage. I went with Lanturn over Rotom-W in this spot mainly for the sake of Heal Bell.

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 48 Atk / 252 HP / 208 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield

I originally picked Aegislash just because it was a shiny new toy, but I've kept it on my team because it works really well with my team. It really appreciates Leech Seed from Ferrothorn, and I can switch relatively freely from it because of how commonly Earthquake is used, and because I have 3 Flying types on my team. I originally had a special set on Aegislash, but I switched to this physical one because it gave me much needed priority on my team. Sacred Sword and Shadow Sneak are the main attacking options and have perfect coverage together. Swords Dance is to boost attack to devastating levels, and Kings Shield is to return to shield form, and improve defenses. I only went with 48 Atk EVs, because I expect to pull of a Swords Dance, and I put 208 EVs in Sp. Def because Aegislash has no way of boosting it's effective Sp. Def.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

I chose Ferrothorn in order to sponge up all 3 of Mega Charizard Y's weaknesses, while providing useful hazards to aid in Charizard and Salamence's sweeping capabilities. Stealth Rock is the main hazard I set up, though I've usually been using it later in the game in because I've been starting with my sweepers. Leech Seed is useful in helping Vaporeon, Aegislash, and Mandibuzz, in addition to helping whittle away HP in combination with Iron Barbs and the Rocky Helmet. The latter 2 are particularly useful against Talonflame and Mega Kangaskhan, as the former drains a lot of HP from it's own attacks, while Mega Khan hits twice. It's also good to switch in when I predict a U-Turn, as I usually come off with less damage. Protect is to stall off more damage from Leech Seed, while Power Whip is so it's not Taunt bait, and as a decent attacking option.

REPLACED

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Wish
- Heal Bell

My team doesn't have much of a resistance to Fire and Water type moves, so Vaporeon is meant to absorb those while supporting the team. Ice Beam is my main attacking move when the sun is up. It's occasionally useful for hitting Dragon/Flying types hard as well. I chose Scald as a secondary STAB instead of Protect, because I preferred both having Water coverage to hit Fire types back, and having a way to burn my opponent. Wish is both for healing Vaporeon and for rejuvenating Zard and Mence, and Heal Bell is to deal with crippling status like paralysis and burn. I went with Defense and Sp. Def EV's over HP, because I'm really trying to strike a balance between tank and wall for this Vaporeon, rather than having a dedicated Wisher. I went with 0 IVs to minimize damage from Foul Play and Confusion. REPLACED WITH LANTURN

Last edited:
ah lets see salamence without outrage is something you dont want to do(especially since ur scarfed). I'm assuming you meant to use fire blast/dragon claw/outrage/earthquake. If you want a balanced vaporeon go max hp max def because it alredy has high sp def. Im not sure what the 208 sp def evs r doin on aegislash but with 48att evs and shadow sneak as ur only stab ur not breaking through sht. A mixed set is probably way beter so u can catch salamences counters off guard. A spread of max hp max spa quiet and shadowball/secret sword/shadow sneak/king shield is what u shud run. I would finally switch vaporeon for rotom w because it helps u with talonflame and gives u some much needed momentum. Max hp/def bold hydro pump/volt switch/will o wisp/pain split or rest

Megazard Y: I can understand why you want Flame Charge, but in my opinion, running something like Air Cutter is a better idea. That extra choice move may be a good idea so you can hit Dragons with something other than the ever-famous Focus Miss, which a common Dragon-Flying Typing will resist. Other than that this is probably a pretty basic Megazard Y (there is a reason it is common).

Scarfmence: I love this guy. He is fucking great. Being possibly the best offensive Pivot/Sweeper. Only things I would switch are small nitpicky things like running Stone Edge over Rock Slide.

Mandibuzz: Do not change this. She is great.

Vaporeon: Best Wish passer in OU, no need to change this.

Aegislash: You may want to switch to a Mixed-Sweeper, as current Aegislash is extremely predictable, and easily countered.

Ferrothorn: Due to you having a Defogger, rather than a Rapid Spinner, switching SR to something like Gyro Ball may work better.

Hope I could help! Thanks!

ah lets see salamence without outrage is something you dont want to do(especially since ur scarfed). I'm assuming you meant to use fire blast/dragon claw/outrage/earthquake. If you want a balanced vaporeon go max hp max def because it alredy has high sp def. Im not sure what the 208 sp def evs r doin on aegislash but with 48att evs and shadow sneak as ur only stab ur not breaking through sht. A mixed set is probably way beter so u can catch salamences counters off guard. A spread of max hp max spa quiet and shadowball/secret sword/shadow sneak/king shield is what u shud run. I would finally switch vaporeon for rotom w because it helps u with talonflame and gives u some much needed momentum. Max hp/def bold hydro pump/volt switch/will o wisp/pain split or rest
Thanks, I originally had Outrage on Mence, but I didn't like getting trapped against Fairy types. I do see the merits in running it along side dragon claw, but Rock Slide has been really key for me, as it hits the Fire/Flying types that wall Charizard Y hard. I will swap out Thunder Fang for Fire Blast though.

I considered Rotom W, but one of the main things I'm looking for on my team is a cleric that can get rid of status. I initially had Espeon in that spot to bounce statuses away, but it wasn't really bringing me any useful team resistances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)