SS OU Belly Drum Snorlax + Trick Room

hey guys, first rmt of this gen, ive been having fun with this team and wanted to know what i could improve with it

Bronzong @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

this is my lead, i made heatproof to be able to go vs rotom heat and galar darm easier since they're both common leads. you're able to ohko galar darm with gyro ball even without any atk evs and you can take 3 overheats from rotom heat. shuca berry and earthquake is for excadrill, you should put trick room up first though and then you can earthquake

Chandelure @ Expert Belt
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Ball

My second trick room setter is Chandelure. I'm using infiltrator here instead of flame body or flash fire because of the annoying glalie sets I've been encountering, even if they disable flamethrower you still do a good amount of dmg to them with the other moves and resist freeze dry because of fire typing, infiltrator is also useful for the sub disable dragapult set, since dark pulse and shadow ball are both super effective against it and it can't even burn you anyways

Hatterene-Gmax (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Psychic

My third trick room setter. Honestly, this thing is an absolute beast with trick room up. Although I can't switch into steel types steel types cant switch into me either because of mystical fire (corviknight is the exception) opted for leftovers over life orb just to increase longevity since people try to dance around it with toxapex and ferrothorn

Snorlax-Gmax @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Belly Drum
- Body Slam
- Darkest Lariat
- Heat Crash

Heres Snorlax, one of the trick room sweepers and the Pokemon I built this team around. With Belly Drum it OHKOes almost everything. opted gluttony over thick fat to get recovery once it belly drums. With the G-Max moves it recovers berries, so i often recover a whole bunch because of it. Darkest Lariat for ghost types and heat crash for steel types.

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Moonlight

This thing is a really good breaker, even without trick room. It has a really good movepool and hits everything at least neutrally. With Life Orb it hits even harder and people have trouble dealing with this pokemon. I only really added this pokemon because it's a good trick room setter, i dont really know if it synergizes with my team well

Lapras-Gmax @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Life Dew
- Surf
- Psychic

I honestly only added this because I needed a counter to dracovish, I got absolutely blasted with it and I thought this was the perfect counter to it with freeze dry and it had some offensive presence, although when they dont have dracovish, this tends to do nothing at all. Life Dew can sometimes help though because it heals every mon's health by 1/4th

I find the use of full atk evs on a belly drum Snorlax a waste. I know of no ko's that you pick up that warrants the loss of bulk investment. Something like 252 hp/ 252 def will give lax much better survivability in a physically offensive meta, and at +6 you're going to ko anything that doesn't heavily resist it anyway. If you're going to run max attack, then I might consider Curse over Belly Drum. This shores up Snorlax's lack of ev investment into bulk a little and provides offensive pressure at the same time. This also ensures you will "outspeed" other lax, though you will only 3hko max/max lax with a +1 body slam.

You might also consider recycle over one of your coverage moves (I might lose heat crash given that it fails against max mons) to help Snorlax be a more consistent Pokemon in the event that you are forced to GMax a different mon.

Wait if you are using trick room would'nt hammer arm on snorlax help alot so it becomes eBen faster under trick room?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)