SM Ubers Beneath The Mask

-------------------------- Beneath The Mask --------------------------

Yo, you know who it is. It's me, Sickist, back with another RMT. I usually do these for OU and UU, but I thought i'd mix it up and do a RMT on a team from my first tier I learned to play competitive in: SM Ubers. This is where I began my competitive journey, and I actually picked up the tier from being in the Competitive Tutoring room, which eventually became Trainer's School, which today is now Trainer Academy. Around January of 2019, I also started doing rates on here, in the RMT forums. I've had several friends in there that have now moved on, and made new ones, and they all have gotten me this far. Since then, I have become of the old room, having honed my skills in that very room. I now stand (almost) as a professional team rater, having scaled the very mountain I started at. That being said, I'd like to dedicate this RMT to all the Trainer Academy, Competitive Tutoring, RMT Forum people that I've know for my time here that have in someway made me better at building and at mons in general. Before I actually start the RMT, I'd like to shout out -RDKB- for helping me get the team to it's current state. Anyways, let's get into the team!

-------------------------- Team building Process --------------------------

I started with one of my favorite wall-breakers throughout SM Ubers, that being Ho-oh. I then paired it with Necrozma Dusk Mane in order to threaten rock types such as Rockceus, Tyranitar, and Mega Diancie. Necrozma also sets Stealth Rocks for Ho-oh, and in return Ho-oh checks non-rock move Primal Groudon, All Groundceus variants except for SD, as well as threaten all Steel Types that would want to capitalize on Necrozma being a support variant.

At this point, Kyogre and Waterceus just stomped me. Ferrothorn was chosen to check these, as well as set spikes, which help Ho-oh break down fatter teams. Ferrothorn can also, like Ho-oh and Necrozma DM, check some variants of Xerneas, as well as tackle most support Arceus forms. Ho-oh checks Groudon for Ferrothorn in return.

At this point, the team was really weak to opposing Ho-oh and Rock move Primal Groudon. Zygarde helped patch this issue, as well as checking SD Groundceus. Zygarde appreciates Ho-oh, Necrozma DM, and Ferrothorn all checking Xerneas, as well as Ferrothorn handling Kyogre and Support Arceus forms, particularly Waterceus and Fairyceus.

The team was really slow up till now. Dark types and Marshadow also ran a blade through me. Scarf Xerneas seemed like the best option, as being able to speed tie at most with Scarf Yveltal could be game changing. Xerneas also gives me a status healer with Aromatherapy, as well as a revenge killer and a dark type answer.

Rounding off the team is Darkceus for several reasons. Darkceus gave me another Yveltal blanket check, as well as another defogger. Darkceus also checks Lunala, MMewtwoY, Ultra Necrozma, and can take on Zygarde and Salamence with Ice Beam. Darkceus' typing also allows you to make Marshadow think before it clicks Spectral Thief.

-------------------------- In Depth Analysis --------------------------

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Substitute

Brave Bird hits insanely hard when coming off of Ho-oh's amazing base 130 attack, with little of the tier actually being able to stomach more than 2. However, when coupled with Life Orb recoil, wears Ho-oh down really fast, which is why Roost is on here. Roost coupled with Regenerator keeps Ho-oh healthy throughout the match, allowing it to continually check threats such as Mega Lucario, Non-Rock move Primal Groudon, CM Groundceus, and Necrozma Dusk Mane. Sacred Fire is Ho-oh's other STAB attack, dishing out powerful hits with a 50% burn chance. Substitute allows Ho-oh to not have to predict every turn, while also giving it an immunity to toxic while behind the substitute.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

Stealth Rocks are essential to any successful team, and this team is no different. Toxic allows Necrozma Dusk Mane to pressure common switch-ins to it such as opposing Ho-oh, Primal Groudon, or Primal Kyogre. Sunsteel Strike is Necrozma's only attack on this set, as it does decent damage and can threaten the likes of Arceus Fairy, Xerneas, Tyranitar, etc. Sunsteel Strike can also be powered into a 200 base power attack that can dent targets, such as Arceus Ground or Yveltal. Finally, Morning Sun allows Necrozma DM to heal itself, which allows it to consistently stick around and check what it needs to check, such as Xerneas, Fairyceus, etc.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Sassy Nature
- Protect
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Spikes allow Ferrothorn's teammates to pressure fatter pokemon, such as Necrozma Dusk Mane, Defensive Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, etc. Leech Seed gives Ferrothorn free recovery, while also chipping at anything inflicted with Leech Seed. Protect can be used to scout for coverage, as well as gaining free turns of Leech Seed recovery. Power Whip allows Ferrothorn not to be fodder against Kyogre, the main thing it's supposed to check.

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 228 Atk / 48 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare

Thousand Arrows is the most spammable attack in the game, as well as on Zygarde, hitting everything relevant for at least neutral damage. Dragon Dance allows Zygarde to settup and potentially break through walls or win games. Substitute allows Zygarde to avoid status, or potentially scout Z moves. Glare acts as another form of Speed Control, making slower threats on my team, such as Ho-oh, to outrun faster things that are paralyzed.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Defog
- Focus Blast

Moonblast is Xerneas' main STAB attack that hits common metagame threats for neutral or super effective damage, such as Yveltal or Marshadow. Aromatherapy allows me to heal status, allowing me to play more aggressively with my team. Defog allows me to clear hazards from the field, preserving my team's longevity. Finally, Focus Blast hits most steel types in the tier for either super effective or neutral damage, which is nice because Moonblast generally invites those in alot.

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Judgement is Arceus' STAB attack that allows it to deal with threats such as Lunala, Necrozma Dusk Mane, Ultra Necrozma, and Mega Mewtwo Y. Defog clears hazards from the field, keeping my team healthy throughout the match. Ice Beam threatens Mega Salamence, Yveltal, and Zygarde-Complete. Recover allows Arceus to continue to stay healthy, as well as continue to do its job through a game.

-------------------------- Deadly Threat List --------------------------

Stall is a very shaky matchup in general. Generally, It's mildly difficult to break through normal ladder stall around 1400-1600s, but from there, stall is basically impossible to beat for this team. The best way to go about fighting it for this team is to try and keep spikes and rocks up, while statusing as much as possible.

Mixed rock polish Groudon can be scary, due to Zygarde's lack of recovery. Generally, Ho-oh can tackle this variant, but must make sure it's not carrying Rock moves.

Specs Yveltal's Oblivion Wing has 0 switch-ins. The best way to go around this is to hope they think you're geomancy and you can outrun and moonblast.

-------------------------- The Closing Thoughts --------------------------

This team was a throwback into my first competitive tier, and I'll continue to improve in the tier again.

(click sprites for importable)

As stated, this RMT is dedicated to all my friends and acquaintances in the RMT forums, as well as the room that is now Trainer Academy. These are the following:

TPP quziel curiosity Solaros & Lunaris @A Gross Sweep vivalospride A Cake Wearing A Hat Yellow Paint laser火circus Surgeon

Whether it be encouraging me, giving me advice on how to rate, or locking my threads for a week because I posted too early (sorry TPP and Gross Sweep :I ), or even giving me harsh constructive criticism, you all have made me better at rating and building in some way or another. I look forward to the future where I'm almost as good as you all, and can meet your expectations as well as become as good at what you all do as you are, respectively. Anyways, thanks for reading and have a good day all.

Nice, this is a well made rmt and a well made team.

I would like to make a very small suggestion

xerneas.gif

Timid --> modest

The benefits of extra damage from modest out weighs the speed benefits of being timid

This is a very small suggestion but I thout I should say it

Nice, this is a well made rmt and a well made team.

I would like to make a very small suggestion

View attachment 172328

Timid --> modest

The benefits of extra damage from modest out weighs the speed benefits of being timid

This is a very small suggestion but I thout I should say it
Hi! Thanks for the suggestion, but the reason i've opted for Timid is because Scarf Yveltal runs Modest, and outrunning it is key to the matchup against it.

Yo, you know who it is. It's me, Sickist, back with another RMT. I usually do these for OU and UU, but I thought i'd mix it up and do a RMT on a team from my first tier I learned to play competitive in: SM Ubers. This is where I began my competitive journey, and I actually picked up the tier from being in the Competitive Tutoring room, which eventually became Trainer's School, which today is now Trainer Academy. Around January of 2019, I also started doing rates on here, in the RMT forums. I've had several friends in there that have now moved on, and made new ones, and they all have gotten me this far. Since then, I have become of the old room, having honed my skills in that very room. I now stand (almost) as a professional team rater, having scaled the very mountain I started at. That being said, I'd like to dedicate this RMT to all the Trainer Academy, Competitive Tutoring, RMT Forum people that I've know for my time here that have in someway made me better at building and at mons in general. Before I actually start the RMT, I'd like to shout out -RDKB- for helping me get the team to it's current state. Anyways, let's get into the team!

I started with one of my favorite wall-breakers throughout SM Ubers, that being Ho-oh. I then paired it with Necrozma Dusk Mane in order to threaten rock types such as Rockceus, Tyranitar, and Mega Diancie. Necrozma also sets Stealth Rocks for Ho-oh, and in return Ho-oh checks non-rock move Primal Groudon, All Groundceus variants except for SD, as well as threaten all Steel Types that would want to capitalize on Necrozma being a support variant.

At this point, Kyogre and Waterceus just stomped me. Ferrothorn was chosen to check these, as well as set spikes, which help Ho-oh break down fatter teams. Ferrothorn can also, like Ho-oh and Necrozma DM, check some variants of Xerneas, as well as tackle most support Arceus forms. Ho-oh checks Groudon for Ferrothorn in return.

At this point, the team was really weak to opposing Ho-oh and Rock move Primal Groudon. Zygarde helped patch this issue, as well as checking SD Groundceus. Zygarde appreciates Ho-oh, Necrozma DM, and Ferrothorn all checking Xerneas, as well as Ferrothorn handling Kyogre and Support Arceus forms, particularly Waterceus and Fairyceus.

The team was really slow up till now. Dark types and Marshadow also ran a blade through me. Scarf Xerneas seemed like the best option, as being able to speed tie at most with Scarf Yveltal could be game changing. Xerneas also gives me a status healer with Aromatherapy, as well as a revenge killer and a dark type answer.

Rounding off the team is Darkceus for several reasons. Darkceus gave me another Yveltal blanket check, as well as another defogger. Darkceus also checks Lunala, MMewtwoY, Ultra Necrozma, and can take on Zygarde and Salamence with Ice Beam. Darkceus' typing also allows you to make Marshadow think before it clicks Spectral Thief.

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Substitute

Brave Bird hits insanely hard when coming off of Ho-oh's amazing base 130 attack, with little of the tier actually being able to stomach more than 2. However, when coupled with Life Orb recoil, wears Ho-oh down really fast, which is why Roost is on here. Roost coupled with Regenerator keeps Ho-oh healthy throughout the match, allowing it to continually check threats such as Mega Lucario, Non-Rock move Primal Groudon, CM Groundceus, and Necrozma Dusk Mane. Sacred Fire is Ho-oh's other STAB attack, dishing out powerful hits with a 50% burn chance. Substitute allows Ho-oh to not have to predict every turn, while also giving it an immunity to toxic while behind the substitute.

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

Stealth Rocks are essential to any successful team, and this team is no different. Toxic allows Necrozma Dusk Mane to pressure common switch-ins to it such as opposing Ho-oh, Primal Groudon, or Primal Kyogre. Sunsteel Strike is Necrozma's only attack on this set, as it does decent damage and can threaten the likes of Arceus Fairy, Xerneas, Tyranitar, etc. Sunsteel Strike can also be powered into a 200 base power attack that can dent targets, such as Arceus Ground or Yveltal. Finally, Morning Sun allows Necrozma DM to heal itself, which allows it to consistently stick around and check what it needs to check, such as Xerneas, Fairyceus, etc.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Protect
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Spikes allow Ferrothorn's teammates to pressure fatter pokemon, such as Necrozma Dusk Mane, Defensive Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, etc. Leech Seed gives Ferrothorn free recovery, while also chipping at anything inflicted with Leech Seed. Protect can be used to scout for coverage, as well as gaining free turns of Leech Seed recovery. Power Whip allows Ferrothorn not to be fodder against Kyogre, the main thing it's supposed to check.

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare

Thousand Arrows is the most spammable attack in the game, as well as on Zygarde, hitting everything relevant for at least neutral damage. Dragon Dance allows Zygarde to settup and potentially break through walls or win games. Substitute allows Zygarde to avoid status, or potentially scout Z moves. Glare acts as another form of Speed Control, making slower threats on my team, such as Ho-oh, to outrun faster things that are paralyzed.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Defog
- Focus Blast

Moonblast is Xerneas' main STAB attack that hits common metagame threats for neutral or super effective damage, such as Yveltal or Marshadow. Aromatherapy allows me to heal status, allowing me to play more aggressively with my team. Defog allows me to clear hazards from the field, preserving my team's longevity. Finally, Focus Blast hits most steel types in the tier for either super effective or neutral damage, which is nice because Moonblast generally invites those in alot.

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Judgement is Arceus' STAB attack that allows it to deal with threats such as Lunala, Necrozma Dusk Mane, Ultra Necrozma, and Mega Mewtwo Y. Defog clears hazards from the field, keeping my team healthy throughout the match. Ice Beam threatens Mega Salamence, Yveltal, and Zygarde-Complete. Recover allows Arceus to continue to stay healthy, as well as continue to do its job through a game.

Stall is a very shaky matchup in general. Generally, It's mildly difficult to break through normal ladder stall around 1400-1600s, but from there, stall is basically impossible to beat for this team. The best way to go about fighting it for this team is to try and keep spikes and rocks up, while statusing as much as possible.

Mixed rock polish Groudon can be scary, due to Zygarde's lack of recovery. Generally, Ho-oh can tackle this variant, but must make sure it's not carrying Rock moves.

Specs Yveltal's Oblivion Wing has 0 switch-ins. The best way to go around this is to hope they think you're geomancy and you can outrun and moonblast.

This team was a throwback into my first competitive tier, and I'll continue to improve in the tier again.

As stated, this RMT is dedicated to all my friends and acquaintances in the RMT forums, as well as the room that is now Trainer Academy. These are the following:

TPP quziel curiosity Solaros & Lunaris @A Gross Sweep vivalospride A Cake Wearing A Hat Yellow Paint laser火circus Surgeon

Whether it be encouraging me, giving me advice on how to rate, or locking my threads for a week because I posted too early (sorry TPP and Gross Sweep :I ), or even giving me harsh constructive criticism, you all have made me better at rating and building in some way or another. I look forward to the future where I'm almost as good as you all, and can meet your expectations as well as become as good at what you all do as you are, respectively. Anyways, thanks for reading and have a good day all.

I’d suggest Primal Groudon>Ferrothorn and arc water>Arc dark. The main reason for the switch to pdon is that it’s able to check

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Substitute

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Protect
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Defog
- Focus Blast

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Recover

I would go pdon>ferro and arc water>arc dark. The first reason is that spikes + Ho-Oh basically means no spikes because you have to constantly defog to keep it healthy. This also greatly improves your stall matchup because with arc water to pivot hits from kyogre u are free to run swords dance Groudon. If u find that ur weak to ekiller and groundkiller which u likely will be u can opt for coil zygarde or defensive yveltal over hooh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)