Berlin VGC Warstory - German Noobiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to let you suffer under my english long, so I will keep it short without much more than the battles.

My team:
Metagross "MAGI" @ Wahlschal
jolly
- Trick
- Earthquake
- Bulletpunch
- Explosion

Gengar "MAD POTATO" @ Focus Sash
timid
- Thunderbolt
- Shadowball
- HP[Ice]
- Destinybond

Salamence "TAMPONG" @ Lum Berry
modest
- Draco Meteor
- Dragonpulse
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Snorlax "PUMMELFEE" @ Quickclaw
brave
- Return
- Crunch
- Selfsdestruct
- Protect

I couldn't decide if I should start with Meta+Salamence or Meta+Gengar. In the end I played Meta+Gengar every time though a explosion from Meta was quite obvious and FakeOuts against Meta could become pretty bad with a Trick Room or Raindance setup.

Round 1:
I had to battle against a girl who was quite nice. She started with Starmie+???. I boom in the first Round and both pokemon go down. She sends out Kingdra and Jolteon while I choose Salamence.
Gengar d-bonds just for fun and Jolteon (slower than Gengar) uses Shadowball on Gengar so that Focus Sash is activated. Salamence Draco Meteors Kindgra which survives at about 1 Hp thanks to Haban Berry. Kingdra uses Raindance.
Next round Salamence protects, so that Kingdras Dragon Pulse does nothing. Gengar kos Kingdra and Jolteon Gengar.
I win in the next round. It could have been a more interesting match if she had used Ludicollo/Toxicroak with FakeOut as second starter.

Round2:
I don't remember much. Meta explodes in the first round taking 2 Pokemon down and than I face Bastiodon and ??? which go down in two rounds. My opponent had evd but the team wasn't really good.

Round3:
I had to battle versus a girl nicknamed Roxy who had a fanclub of about 6 people. She started with Vespiqueen and Froslass so I didn't boom Meta in round 1 but trick Vespiqueen to get a Salac Berry. Gengar ohkos Froslass with Shadowball and gets little damage from Vespiqueen. I boom Vespiqueen and ??? in the second round and the last pokemon of her was also easy to bring down.

Round4:
I had to battle Fatum/Gara_Meista and became pretty nervous. He knew that I boom Meta in round 1 quite often so he choose Arcanine and Latios to take him down. He didn't knew about the Scarf, so Meta takes down Arcanine and Latios hangs on his Focus Sash. Latios wins the Speedtie against Gengar making damage with Thunderbolt. Gengar kos it with Shadowball.
He switchs in Snorlax and Crobat and I choose Salamance intimidating both. Crobat kos Gengar and Salamence Draco Meteors Snorlax and not Crobat, which was my first mistake of many ...
Next round I don't want to boom my Snorlax because my Salamence would loose to his Snorlax with Lefties and I predict that he booms his Snorlax to take the win so I doubleprotect. He attacks normal doing nothing. Now my mind goes crazy and I try to doubleprotect a second time fearing a selfdestruct, but both Protects don't work and he bravebirds Salamence and bodyslams anyone. Next round Salamence and Crobat go down while my Snorlax gets paralysed. Before the last round my Snorlax has about 3Hp and his was in koreach for return but sadly the Quickclaw didn't kick in and so I lost.
After the match I learn that his Crobat has a Choiceband, so a boom of his Snorlax would have been my win.

In the next battle Fatum/Gara_Meista eleminates my brother so he was quite the familyterror.

It is a shame to lose so stupid but it was fun to play and hopefully there will be a next year ...

wow you did really well at the tournament i wish i got to go to one of the VGC tournaments, all my pokemon are over lv.50 ): and i wasn't prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)