Level: 5
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Atk / 116 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch / Earthquake
- Thief
- Earthquake / Bulk Up / Thunder Wave

Snubbull's primary purpose in the LC metagame is to switch into and check certain physical attackers, such as Mienfoo, Timburr, and Vullaby. This allows Snubbull to exploit its Fairy typing to wear down archetypes such as a bulky Fighting-type core, usually consisting of Mienfoo and Timburr, as well as Pokemon such as defensive Vullaby. Snubbull's STAB Play Rough allows it to act as a wallbreaker and threaten the Pokemon it switches into. Snubbull's access to coverage moves like Fire Punch and Earthquake lets it threaten its checks, specifically Foongus and Magnemite, respectively, on the switch. Snubbull is one of the best Thunder Wave users in LC, as it can tank a move from fast switch-ins like Ponyta and cripple them, giving slower teammates an advantage. Snubbull's Berry Juice is its only form of recovery, which increases its longevity; additionally, Snubbull doesn't mind Knock Off, as it can regain an item using Thief. Special walls such as Slowpoke and Munchlax form a defensive core with Snubbull, with each Pokemon wearing down the others' checks. Hazard setters can form decent defensive cores with Snubbull, and they allow Snubbull to score important KOs. Late-game sweepers such as Doduo appreciate Snubbull's ability to wear down and take out most of the physical attackers that threaten it.

Last edited:

Conni

katharsis
Hopefully this isn't too long, if so please do tell me so I can try to cut down some parts or words.
Otherwise this is good for QC.

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
Hi, in the future please tag me for QC checks for FB spotlights.

As a general note, Facebook spotlights are designed to show off sets, not specifically what the pokemon does.

Snubbull's primary purpose in the LC metagame is to switch into and check certain physical attackers such as the common Mienfoo, Timburr, and Vullaby. This would wear down these physical attackers which allow late-game sweepers to sweep effectively.
How do these really correlate? I'd say Snubbull's primary job is right, but it doesn't really provide wincons for sweepers, it's more of a wallbreaker at best.
Snubbull does this by utilizing its Fairy-type resistances to switch into these aforementioned Pokemon, who especially carry Knock Off which allows Snubbull to threaten them with Thief.
This sentence is kind of confusing to read. Maybe clarify that Snubbull does not mind taking Knock Offs and can cripple opposing Pokemon with thief.
Late-game sweepers appreciate Snubbull's ability to wear down and take out most physical attackers which could allow the sweepers to perform their job effectively.
Like who?

You also don't mention Thunder Wave, as Snubbull is one of the best users of this move in the tier and it's why it's slashed in the first place. I understand that it's a tad long but you can trim this down in places where you have the second line regarding thief, or where you mention Snubbull's KO potential with hazards (can be switched for it's wallbreaking prowess).

Otherwise looks fine!

QC 1/1

Conni

katharsis
Trimmed down some sentences and implemented your suggestions. Thanks!

As a general note, Facebook spotlights are designed to show off sets, not specifically what the pokemon does.
Duly noted. I'll use this as a reminder not to stray off from what is needed. I thought I had it in the bag but I guess its actually harder to do than it looks because instinctively you'd talk about points in relevance of the Pokemon itself rather than the actual purpose of the set (may be just me) but I'll try my hardest to comply.

This is now ready for Grammar Prose.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Level: 5
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Atk / 116 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch / Earthquake
- Thief
- Earthquake / Bulk Up / Thunder Wave

Snubbull's primary purpose in the LC metagame is to switch into and check certain physical attackers, (AC) such as the common Mienfoo, Timburr, and Vullaby. This would allows Snubbull to exploit its Fairy typing to wear down and wallbreak Pokemon archetypes such as a bulky Fighting-type core Spam, usually consisting of Mienfoo and Timburr, and as well as Pokemon such as defensive Vullaby. Snubbull's STAB Play Rough allows it to act as a wallbreaker moderately and threaten the Pokemon it switches into. Snubbull's access to coverage moves such as like Fire Punch and Earthquake lets it threatens its checks, (AC) specifically Foongus and Magnemite, respectively, (AC) on the switch-in such as Foongus and Magnemite, respectively. Snubbull is one of the best Thunder Wave users in LC, (AC) as Snubbull it can tank a move from fast switch-ins like Ponyta and cripple them, giving slower sweepers teammates an advantage. Snubbull's Berry Juice is its only form of recovery, (AC) which increases its longevity; (comma -> semicolon) however additionally, (AC) Snubbull doesn't mind Knock Off, (AC) as it can regain an item using Thief. Special walls such as Slowpoke and Munchlax form a defensive core with Snubbull, with each Pokemon wearing down the others' checks where they can both wear down each other's checks. Hazard support Pokemon setters can form decent defensive cores with Snubbull, and they allow Snubbull to score important KOs and form defensive cores with them. Late-game sweepers such as Doduo appreciate Snubbull's ability to wear down and take out most of the physical attackers that threaten them it.
GP 1/1

I was very liberal in this check because of the number of simple errors i found.

Conni

katharsis
I was very liberal in this check because of the number of simple errors i found.
No worries. I should've probably been more cautious about those.

This is now done.

EDIT: actually this isn't as I will need to trim down the character count as it exceeds 1000. Will post in this thread and change the DONE tag once this is completed

ANOTHER EDIT: I'm not sure if it is absolutely needed to keep the character count below 1000 since most of the parts that I've written are important enough to stay but if it is 100% needed to cut the character then I will do so, but just asking the staff here if it's 100% required to be under 1000 characters.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)