Best Friends Tournament I - Finals [WON BY BKC AND ABR]

Diophantine

Banned deucer.

Welcome to the very first Best Friends Tournament! There are many friendship groups and bonds made through playing Pokémon on Smogon, and I wanted to host a tournament which would celebrate that. This is a tournament where players pair up in teams of two and take each other on in tiers that they choose to find out who is the best duo.

Each match will be a best of 3 between two pairs. During signups, each pair picks a tier from any of the current gen official singles tiers or previous gen's OU tiers.

Here's an example to show how a round will be played. Suppose team 1 (players A and B) choose ORAS OU and team 2 (players X and Y) choose USUM RU. Team 1 decide that B will play ORAS OU and A will play USUM RU, where as team 2 decide that X will play ORAS OU and Y will play USUM RU. If there is a tie (let's say A beats X and Y beats B) after all player have played, then a third game will be played in USUM OU (to be as fair as possible) to decide which team advances (each team picks the player to represent them - let's say X vs A).

Each round will last one week. Here is a link to the rules and guidelines competitors must follow. All games must be played on Pokemon Showdown! (server does not matter). Replays are preferred but not necessary. Decide within your pair who will play which tier/who will play who on the other team. If teams are inactive, I had the right to kick them and replace them with subs. RBY OU is best of 3.

Matchups:

Team L9: NaCl & Renny - Tier: USUM UU vs Team Freedom: BKC & ABR - Tier: GSC OU

No deadline - just play and try not to john.

Last edited:

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Congratulations to Team Freedom BKC and ABR for winning the first ever Best Friends Tournament! I would have offered a prize, but I didn't say so in my signups post, so you'll have to win my next tournament!

I had fun hosting this tournament, and I hope everyone that played enjoyed the concept! I hope to host some more tournaments like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)