SM OU Beware The Book Of Eli - (Peak #3, 2032+)

How do you feel about the Beware The Book Of Eli Album?

• Great!

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Meh...

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Didn't hear it yet

Votes: 37 46.3%
  • Its Decent

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
Beware The Book Of Eli.jpg

In celebration of The Book of Eli dropping, here's some heat for yall,

Here's my favorite song off Beware The Book Of Eli

1. "Lost Souls" featuring Rich The Kid
2. "Run"
3. "Throwaway" featuring Ronny J
4. "Coolest Monkey in the Jungle" featuring SahBabii
5. "Suicide Season"
6. "DoIHaveTheSause?"
7. "Geekin" featuring Danny Towers
8. "Child's Play"
9. "Dapper Dan"
10. "Bukakke" featuring Rich The Kid
Tapu Bulu.gif
Heatran.gif
Toxapex.gif
Latios-Mega.gif
Landorus-Therian.gif
Clefable.gif

Ski.png

Bulu.png
tran sprite.png
Pex.png
Mega Latios 2.png
Lando.png
cleff.png

Line.png

Introduction
Yo, Ske here! I'm showcasing a team I made that helped my friend Best Teambuilder peak 2032+ on the ladder. When i first made this team i wanted to build around one of my favorite mons to use, SD Tapu Bulu. with this, i wanted something to help SD Tapu Bulu break and function as a win condition much more reliably, so I at first paired it with T-Wave Clefable. In my honest opinion i think Clefable is the 4th best mon in OU atm behind Heatran Zygarde & Landorus. Another one of my good friends Huse has also gotten good results with Another T-Wave Clefable + SD Tapu Bulu Team i had made getting top 10 with it. After some time has passed & I had gotten feedback, I then decided to use a set that can function as a win condition much more reliably than even the combination of SD Grassium-Z Tapu Bulu & T-Wave Clefable could, I wanted Bulu to beat teams without the help of another support Pokemon. So I decided to maybe try a SD Tapu Bulu set that can take advantage teams that rely on Heatran to check SD Tapu Bulu. Also before i even changed SD Tapu Bulu to Grassium-Z I was experimenting on different variants of SD Tapu Bulu sets & spreads and sets and originally this set started out as a substitute variant to take advantage of players hard switching into Heatran when facing Tapu Bulu, Then after that i was using the SD Synthesis set Ban Manaphy made with the Impish spread, Then I changed Tapu Bulu to Grassium-Z & gave it to Rojo to test, Thats when he got to #3 on the ladder. As time goes on I finally decided to run SD Spdef Careful Tapu Bulu to take advantage of teams without Mega Scizor Celesteela & have Heatran take advantage of teams with Mega Scizor & Celesteela. Having Will-O-Wisp Heatran in the back to trap most of SD Tapu Bulu's Answers is also extremely useful while also providing the team with the fantastic Tapu Bulu + Heatran core.

Line.png

Red Week Peak.png

Early Building Process

zapdos.gif

When I first created this team I wanted to create a SD Tapu Bulu team, The beta version of this team used a SD Synthesis Bulu with a spread that Eternam gave me that was made by Ban Manaphy & the whole idea of SD Synthesis Tapu Bulu was made by Eternam, Ban Manaphy & Wof, back then It was used with an Impish Nature and alot of defense investment. However both me & Talah decided to run a spread opting for a Careful Nature & more spdef investment to live modest Heatran's Magma Storm & switch into Ash Greninja & Tapu Koko more reliably. The beta version of this team also had a Zapdos over Clefable & had the same layout as the final version but with diffrent sets such as Firium-Z Heatran which was then changed to Utility Heatran when i changed Tapu Bulu to Grassium-Z. After that, That's when Zygarde started becoming really good so i then changed Zapdos to Clefable to provide the SD Tapu Bulu T-Wave Clefable Core while helping with Mons such as Zygarde & Mega Medicham, Also Clefable helped with the rise of Ice Beam Mega Latios because that also started to get popular around that time & this team didnt really have anything for it.

Bulu.png
tran.png
Pex.png
lati.png
Lando.png
dos.png

Line.png

Clefable.gif

With the success of a team I made previously with SD Tapu Bulu & T-Wave Clefable & meta-game trends at that time, I changed Zapdos to Clefable to help with the rise of Zygarde & Ice Beam Mega Latios.

In Depth Building Process
Tapu Bulu.gif
Clefable.gif
Heatran.gif

With SD Tapu Bulu & T-Wave Clefable I noticed I was really weak to SD Mega Scizor & Tapu Lele, so I decided to add spdef Heatran on the team with Will-O-Wisp to improve the stall match-up.

Tapu Bulu.gif
Clefable.gif
Heatran.gif
Toxapex.gif

Now even though I had a Tapu Bulu, I still was absurdly weak to Ash Greninja, I also was very weak to Volcarona & needed another tank to alleviate Clefable from being overwhelmed by threats, So I decided to add a Toxapex.

Tapu Bulu.gif
Clefable.gif
Heatran.gif
Toxapex.gif
Landorus-Therian.gif

Now that I was done with the defensive core, I noticed my team was unacceptably slow, not only this but I was really really weak to Mega Pinsir and Tapu Koko was anoyying since I had no electric immunity. I also had no ground immunity so defensive Scarf Landorus fit perfectly here.

Tapu Bulu.gif
Clefable.gif
Heatran.gif
Toxapex.gif
Landorus-Therian.gif
Latios-Mega.gif

Finally I needed a better answer to Kartana, Also I needed a little more speed control and Heatran destroys me so I added Defog Mega Latios which fit pretty well here at the time.

Tapu Bulu.gif
Heatran.gif
Toxapex.gif
Latios-Mega.gif
Landorus-Therian.gif
Clefable.gif

After that T-Wave Clefable was later changed to Wish, SD Grassium-Z Bulu was changed to SD Fightinium-Z, Defog Mega Latios was changed to Ice Beam, and Finally Toxapex was changed to Payapa, After Rojo got to #3 again & the Empo & Ima game, I thought about using Careful Grassium-Z SD Spdef over Impish Tapu Bulu at the time to help with rising meta-game trends such as surviving even Modest Heatran's Magma Storm & to switch into Mega Alakazam, After i made this spread it started gaining in popularity & after some testing i thought it would fit extremely well on this team, presenting the team we have today.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In Depth Look

Tapu Bulu.gif
grassiumz.png
/
Leftovers.png

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium-Z/Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 188 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
Type_Normal.gif

- Horn Leech
Type_Grass.gif

- Superpower
Type_Fighting.gif

- Synthesis
Type_Grass.gif

With the rise of SD Spdef Careful Tapu Bulu, This team is a perfect example of a team that can function with it. with Heatran in the back to remove SD Tapu Bulu's common answers & cleric from Wish Clefable, If your opponent is not weak to SD Spdef Tapu Bulu Will-O-Wisp/Steelium-Z Heatran can also just destroy your opponents team. Heatran loves the bulky steel types that SD Spdef Careful Tapu Bulu forces in such as Mega Scizor & Celesteela and Heatran even appreciates Tornadus & Zapdos being forced in to a extent since Will-O-Wisp Heatran is Spdef. Grassium-Z is the prefered option over Leftovers on this team to destroy Tornadus at +2 & having a STAB nuke is really useful in general, Leftovers is still however a very solid option over Grassium-Z. Will-O-Wisp/Steelium-Z Heatran also appreciates SD Spdef Careful Tapu Bulu bringing in Pokemon such as Skarmory when facing Stall Builds, This Tapu Bulu set was SD Grassium-Z Wood Hammer Tapu Bulu in the original version of the team but was at first changed to Sub SD Fightinium Z to have a better match-up vs Celesteela & Mega Scizor. Bulky Sub SD Fightinium-Z Tapu Bulu is a set I came up with when making changes to the team. (Shout-out to AnnaKartanna) she suggested for me to try out the SD Fightinium Z set and I was originally going to put some standard move over Substitute like Stone edge, Wood hammer, or even Taunt to improve the stall match-up (Still unreliable at breaking stall because of the rising Jirachi lol), But I then decided to run Substitute a while back to punish teams who rely on Heatran to check SD Tapu Bulu by revenge killing it. After this I decided to fuse together the standard SD Fightinium-Z set with a old set I came up with a while back with Leftovers Substitute, SD, Horn Leech, & Superpower with a lot of hp and Spdef investment to take on Ash Greninjas and enough defense investment to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Lopunny's Return after Stealth Rock, while also adding in some elements of the original SD Grassium-Z Tapu Bulu Set. After this i just decided to run Eternam's SD Spdef Tapu Bulu Set with the combination of Will-O-Wisp or Steelium-Z Heatran to take advantage of Celesteela & Scizor.

Spread Explanation

This is the SD Spdef Careful Tapu Bulu set that has been gaining a lot of traction lately, this is a spread Eternam gave me that with a Careful nature allows Tapu Bulu to avoid the OHKO from Modest Heatran
252+ SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 188+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 284-336 (82.7 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery and trapping damage
it also avoids the 3HKO from Modest Mega-Alakazam if you're Leftovers & Stealth Rocks are removed,
252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Psychic vs. 248 HP / 188+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 145-172 (42.2 - 50.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recover
With Grassium-Z & this spread, you can live a non Flyinium-Z Hurricane,
252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 188+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 254-300 (74 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
And OHKO even Rocky Helmet Tornadus after a SD & Stealth Rock,
+2 0 Atk Tapu Bulu Bloom Doom (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian in Grassy Terrain: 340-401 (94.1 - 111%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
And the speed investment is to creep Banded Tyranitar & anything in that range,

Heatran.gif
Leftovers.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
Type_Ground.gif

- Magma Storm
Type_Fire.gif

- Will-O-Wisp
Type_Fire.gif

- Taunt
Type_Dark.gif

Line.png

Heatran.gif
Bag_Steelium_Z_Sprite.png

Heatran @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
Type_Dark.gif

- Earth Power
Type_Ground.gif

- Flash Cannon
Type_Steel.gif

- Magma Storm
Type_Fire.gif

This Mon is absurd. Being the best fire type in the tier, and being the best mon in the tier in my opinion Heatran is my favorate mon to use right now. Wisp Heatran is amazing and my favorite set to use atm behind Steelium-Z. Wisp Tran allows you to dismantle most stalls completely with support with SD Tapu Bulu, while still hitting mons such as (Zygarde - Which gives this team issues somewhat) Tyranitar & (Gastrodon - makes EQ do nothing in terrain and u can taunt, beating it over time somewhat). I'm running spdef Heatran on this team variant to deal with the likes of mons such as Tapu Lele & being a solid Magearna check. One of the best offensive synergy Heatran has on this build is the potent Bulu-Tran core which works wonders here, Heatran can trap threats such as Mega Latios when burned as Earthquake doesn't do enough in grassy terrain,
( 6 Atk burned Latios-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran in Grassy Terrain: 86-102 (22.2 - 26.4%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery )
Meanwhile you can taunt it & 3HKO Mega Latios back,
( 0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Latios-Mega: 64-76 (21.2 - 25.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage and trapping damage )
Allowing SD Spdef Careful/Grassium-Z Tapu Bulu to sweep. Steelium-Z Heatran is amazing here too, as it allows you to trap & OHKO Mega Latios, Nuke Gliscor & OHKO Mega-Alakazam on the switch.

Spread Explanation
My favorate Spdef Heatran spread Atm, This is a Heatran spread i made that has enough speed to creep Banded Tyranitar and Mega Mawile since defensive Landorus isnt really that common anymore. Max HP for bulk and to hit a Leftovers number and the rest is put in spdef to check Pokemon like non Fightinium-Z Magearna and Tapu Lele. Modest is preferred on Steelium-Z Heatran for better rolls.

Toxapex.gif
payapaberry.png

Toxapex @ Payapa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
Type_Ice.gif

- Scald
Type_Water.gif

- Recover
Type_Normal.gif

- Toxic
Type_Poison.gif

Even though It dropped in the Viability Rankings recently Toxapex is still a amazing mon imo, Walling most of the tier, Toxapex is a much appreciated glue for this team. It was originally the standard spdef Black Sludge Toxapex set and I was running Toxic Spikes originally but I changed it to Toxic by recommendation by Rojo, Dokk, and friends at Den of Thieves to help the match-up vs Zapdos and Volcarona while just being a more solid set overall, after this it was then later changed to Payapa (Shout-out to Sun) to not only better the Tapu Lele match-up, But the Mega Medicham one also.

Spread Explanation
Breif, But this is a spread i got from Talah. 92 Deffense allows you to live the Zen Headbutt from Mega Medicham & many other things.
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 92 Def Payapa Berry Toxapex: 142-168 (46.7 - 55.2%) -- 69.1% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Payapa Berry Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 198-234 (65.1 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tapu Lele Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Payapa Berry Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 255-301 (83.8 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

Latios-Mega.gif
LatioMS.png

Latios-Mega
@ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
Type_Psychic.gif

- Ice Beam
Type_Ice.gif

- Earthquake
Type_Ground.gif

- Roost
Type_Flying.gif

Mega Latios is a Top 3 Mega in the USM Meta-game Atm. Being a solid Heatran answer while checking many mons in the tier such as Toxapex, Mega Venusaur, & Kartana. It was originally Defog Mega Latios (The Set Rojo Peaked With) But was later changed to Ice Beam by recommendation (Eternam Shout-outs to you bro) To help the SD Gliscor & opposing Tapu Bulu match-up in general. Mega Latios also provides the team with some much needed speed control and it allows us to check many mons that would otherwise give this team trouble such as SD Gliscor while also making sure we don't lose to Kartana.

Spread Explanation
Its the super standard Mega Latios spread. 252 EVs in speed with a naive nature allows Mega Latios to out-speed mons such as Kartana, Keldeo, and Mega Pinsir without reducing the power of earthquake. Naive is ran over hasty to soft check Zygarde better
with Ice beam, while also switching into Kartana much better as well.

Landorus-Therian.gif
Choice_Scarf.png

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 96 Atk / 212 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
Type_Ground.gif

- Stone Edge
Type_Rock.gif

- U-turn
Type_Bug.gif

- Defog
Type_Flying.gif

Defensive Scarf Landorus is no doubt one of the best mons in the USM meta-game atm. it blanket checks so much man, Zygarde (Pinsir - A Big Problem) And a lot of physical attackers in the OU Meta-game right now. Scarf Lando is my main source of speed control and a nice glue, allowing my team to handle certain mons such as Mega Medicham. I'm running Stone Edge over Hidden Power Ice so i don't auto-lose to Mega Pinsir while also luring mons such as Tornadus for SD Tapu Bulu.

Spread Explanation
This is a bulky Scarf Landorus spread I made that has enough defense investment to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Pinsir's Return if rocks are off the field while also avoiding the 2HKO from a +2 Quick Attack even if rocks are up on the field, Rest are placed in attack for max damage output.
-1 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 0 HP / 212 Def Landorus-Therian: 133-157 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 212 Def Landorus-Therian: 118-139 (36.9 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock.

Clefable.gif
Leftovers.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
Type_Normal.gif

- Moonblast
Type_Fairy.gif

- Soft-Boiled
Type_Normal.gif

- Stealth Rock
Type_Rock.gif

Clefable is a amazing mon in the USM Meta-game right atm. Clefable's amazing bulk and utility in Wish and Stealth Rock make it a solid choice right now on balance builds. Originally T-Wave Clefable, After The Tapu Bulu set was changed T-wave was no longer needed on this team and was replaced with Wish to bring absurd amounts of utility by giving Pokemon such as Heatran, Mega Latios, SD Tapu Bulu and bulky Scarf Landorus recovery. Also, Wisp Heatran + Wish Clefable is a extremely big threat to plays-styles such as stall.

Spread Explanation

Standard max max bold Clefable.

Threat-list

lele.png

This Pokemon is insane and breaks any team without Jirachi, U can play around it with Payapa Toxapex SD Spdef Tapu Bulu & Spdef Heatran. However, Psychium-Z is the biggest threat to this team, Especialy on the team variant without Spdef Heatran. Make sure Spdef Heatran stays healthy during the game with Wish from Clefable or with Grassy Terrain. Scouting Tapu Lele sets is hard but also making sure u put Tapu Lele in range in general so Landorus or even Mega Latios can revenge kill it is really helpful at stopping Tapu Lele if it becomes out of hand.

Mega Pinsir.png

Mega Pinsir is really really good atm. With Celesteela and Skarmory not being too common it can ravage many teams including this one if you are not too careful. Try to preserve Landos HP when facing Mega Pinsir teams, also keep in mind that they will usually try and set up on Clefable so u can play around that and wish on the incoming Mega Pinsir switch in, allowing you to go into scarf Landorus.

Zygod.png

Zygarde is borderline broken and threatens any team without a Tangrowth. You can play around it by burning it on the switch or with Mega Latios as it can take a +1 arrows, +1 252+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios-Mega: 202-238 (67.1 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock also side note DD Coil Zygarde under screens is broken and should not exist.

Kartana.png

Keep in mind that Scarf/Band Smart Strike exists and don't sack all of your steel resists.

Mega Medicham.png

Annoying, But the combination of Landorus, Clefable, & Tapu Bulu providing Clefable Grassy Terrain should keep Mega Medicham from being too much of an issue. play smart with your Landorus, Payapa Toxic Toxapex can come in handy also.

Bish.png

While very uncommon Bisharp can destroy this team, Try playing around it with Will-O-Wisp Heatran or even EV Heatran to outspeed Adamant Bisharp if you're too worried.

Weave.png
KB.png
Mamo.png

Ice Types can be a pain, Kyurem is the biggest threat if its Z-Move, once the Z-Move is gone however Clefable can check it,
Mamoswine is also annoying, Try to burn it with Heatran under Grassy Terrain. Weavile by itself is the least threatning ice type but it can open holes for other members if Mega Latios gets pursuit trapped.

gliscor.png

Gliscor is actually a huge threat to this team, once Mega Latios is gone it becomes really hard to deal with & even hard to break if your opponent has solid SD Careful Tapu Bulu answers & you don't Will-O-Wisp Gliscor & burn it on the switch.
tapubulu b.gif
heatran b.gif
toxapex b.gif
latios-mega b.gif
landorus-therian b.gif
clefable b.gif

A replay with the second version of the team
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-750441272

The version with SD Spdef Careful Grassium-Z Tapu Bulu, This version is the most solid,
The alternative version with Modest Steelium-Z Heatran,

Line.png

The second version with Sub SD Fightinium-Z Tapu Bulu that Rojo used again to recovor from a slight tilt & got 2032,
This version is the most recent version he peaked with. This version is probably best on the ladder as Sub SD Fightinium-Z Tapu Bulu has a better matchup vs stalls that utilize Celesteela such as Trosko stall.
The OG version with Defog Mega Latios & Thunder Wave Clefable that Rojo first peaked got around 2034 with,
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Line.png

Bulu.png
tran.png
Pex.png
Mega Latios 2.png
Lando.png
cleff.png

Line.png

Last edited:

Searing Victory

Banned deucer.
Aight nice team, few things i guess would be good. I can't stand magma you miss 60% of the time. And will o wisp? Toxic is better overall. And for hjk on stuff like lop n medi wouldn't protect be better? Aswell wouldn't running unaware cleff be better for stuff like sd lando? Aswell doesn't mega gyr have a good sweep with half this team? Bulus speed is piss poor, but i guess if you're going to use sd it's needed but i prefer a lil more bulk. Calm mind lati is probably a better option. Lele is also a threat if trans gone i guess. Nice team otherwise.

Aight nice team, few things i guess would be good. I can't stand magma you miss 60% of the time. And will o wisp? Toxic is better overall. And for hjk on stuff like lop n medi wouldn't protect be better? Aswell wouldn't running unaware cleff be better for stuff like sd lando? Aswell doesn't mega gyr have a good sweep with half this team? Bulus speed is piss poor, but i guess if you're going to use sd it's needed but i prefer a lil more bulk. Calm mind lati is probably a better option. Lele is also a threat if trans gone i guess. Nice team otherwise.
Wrong, because the Heatran is working as a check to Mega-Mawile here. Will-o-Wisp allows him to force out the Mawile at the very least. Magma is necessary since you want to have a trapping move although I get that missing sometimes can be frustrating. Magic Guard Clef is also standard, especially with this set (I don't even think Soft Boiled is comaptible with Unaware, but don't quote me on that.). Mega-Gyarados also loses to Tapu Bulu, like what does it have for it? Ice Fang maybe, but that is super rare to see, disregarding Mega-Gyarados' general usage. The Mega-Latios is also standard Earthquake for Tyranitar, Psychic as a STAB for Toxapex and Mega-Venusaur, and Ice Beam for Landorus-Therian and Zygarde. Tapu Lele is a considerable threat, though, regardless if Heatran is there or not as it gets enough opportunities to come in (Toxapex, Mega-Latios, maybe Clefable).

Searing Victory

Banned deucer.
Wrong, because the Heatran is working as a check to Mega-Mawile here. Will-o-Wisp allows him to force out the Mawile at the very least. Magma is necessary since you want to have a trapping move although I get that missing sometimes can be frustrating. Magic Guard Clef is also standard, especially with this set (I don't even think Soft Boiled is comaptible with Unaware, but don't quote me on that.). Mega-Gyarados also loses to Tapu Bulu, like what does it have for it? Ice Fang maybe, but that is super rare to see, disregarding Mega-Gyarados' general usage. The Mega-Latios is also standard Earthquake for Tyranitar, Psychic as a STAB for Toxapex and Mega-Venusaur, and Ice Beam for Landorus-Therian and Zygarde. Tapu Lele is a considerable threat, though, regardless if Heatran is there or not as it gets enough opportunities to come in (Toxapex, Mega-Latios, maybe Clefable).
+2 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Bulu: 286-338 (101.7 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO.
Mawile isn't seen aswell but i run ice fang all the time. +1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Bulu: 214-254 (76.1 - 90.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery.
It missing to much did it for me. I guess but if they have a mon set up toxic vs stuff like gastro. But willo on the switch in then protect could be used vs stuff like lop but i see your point. I never really used mega lati so the sets i don't know. I run unaware incase i go against sd lando and other setup sweepers. Stuff like that blissey charge set n calm mind clef gets annoying if they set up lol.

On Heatran Wisp is a much better option to annoy stall teams by will-o-wising Mega Sab and gaining a Flash-Fire boost, while also helping vs Mega Mawile which threatens almost any balance build. It also helps by will-o-wisp Tyranitar, which is a godsend becuase this team has no rock resist. Magic guard Clefable is the better option here, Unaware isnt really that useful outside of stall teams and needs to run wish + protect & moonblast, Clefable is already pressed for moveslots and running unaware means i cannot run T-Wave or Stealth Rocks, and the main core around the team involves T-waving mons to make the opposing team slower. Mega Gyra isnt a problem at all bulu checks non ice fang variants which are not common, Clefable also checks Mega Gyra and even has T-Wave to cripple it. The speed on bulu is fine for ttar, hence the Rock weakness. While i agree Lele is a big threat it can be played around with T-Wave Clef Bulu can revenge kill it, nothing really lets it set up or come in for free, and finnaly lando can revenge kill if its chipped, CM Mega Latios is not really optimal on this team since CM Mega Latias is usually the better option and Latios is much prefered on this team to revenge kill the likes of Gliscor Zygarde Lando Kartana Ect, Also Latios is my heatran answer so i cannot run CM as its pressed for moveslots.

Checking for originality...
checking...
checking...
ERROR originality not found

Ok all in all this looks like a fun team but I think Wish —> Thunder Wave on clefable will help your zygarde medicham matchup a bunch because you can pass HP to Tapu Bulu Heatran and Latios. Also you can pass to landorus against pinsir and kill with stone edge. You may also want to try Fightinium Z on Tapu Bulu instead of Grassium Z because you have a hard time breaking through Celesteela, Ferrothorn, and Scizor, and it also can kill Kartana. Thats all

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello Ske Mask The Slump God , pretty cool team. I like SD Bulu at this stage of metagame where a lot of balance cores are prevalent (especially in major tours), and it take advantage of that. as AnnaKartanna said, i think this team really need wish on clef as it keeps bulu , Heatran, Landorus and mega Latios healthy through the match, improving a lot the match ups against ash Greninja, Zygarde, Scizor and Pinsir mega etc.

Now, since you have wish support from clef i feel like you can use fast Heatran over a special defensive version, i think you don't need much bulk as long as you can keep it healthy , being faster also helps because you outspeed timid Magearna and SD mega Heracross (the latter being a very underrated threat at the moment).

Finally, some things you can consider to use are:
  • Bulkier spread on Tapu Bulu, rain match up , especially mons like mega Swampert and specs Ash Ninja, which are very hard to switch into in rain. i also think that you don't need to guarantee the OHKO w/o rocks up on zapdos cuz you can toxic it with pex and keep rocks up with clef. Take it as a personal opinion of course.
  • Payapa Berry on Toxapex, this is a very interesting option which improves Medicham match up, allowing you to put it on a timer/have a chance to chip it enough for Lando's Earthquake if needed.

That's all, congrats for the peak and hope i've helped dude! :psywoke:

its a very basic team, a lot of high tier mons, bulu and heatran makes works rly well together to cover eachothers weaknesses and the lati is really nice to cover up for the team weaknesses and breaking through the mons the rest of the team cant deal with.

I absolutely hate pex, only reason it works in this team is cause of lando, it makes for very long game which doesnt always go in your favor, i feel like if pex is taken out by an unexpected zmove or any sort of suprise attack the team is completely fucked and will fall on its face

I like scarf stone edge lando, i think the rocks should have gone from clef to heatran, replacing wisp and throw a cm on the clef.

Besides that nice team, altho its very basic its effective :)

Reactions: Ske
I tried this team earlier and was hard stopped by Taunt Mew. It could stall out my Magma Storms with Recover and nothing else could dent it.

How do you typically handle it?

Reactions: Ske

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)