Other Metagames (BH) A Pikachu Double Feature (Peak 94% GXE)

Which team do you like better?

• The one with Diancie and Steelix

• The one with Beedrill and Gengar

• The one with Pikachu

• Idk, that Penguin team was pretty cool though

Results are only viewable after voting.

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus

THE PREVIEWS

In honor of the release of the Detective Pikachu movie, I’d like to share a double feature of Pikachu teams that I have seen success with in Balanced Hackmons. For those that do not know, Pikachu has a niche in BH as an alternative Imposter user to Chansey or Blissey. Pikachu trades the immense HP stats of the pink blobs for doubled attacking stats while holding the Light Ball. This lets Pikachu transform into the enemy with an immediately threatening offensive presence that can threaten even Imposter-proofers. While this sounds great, Pikachu only has a 35 base HP stat so it is extremely frail and takes massive damage from neutral hits. This means Pikachu must be played carefully and given a lot of team support to make sure it can reach its full potential. The two teams you’ll see next are built to help Pikachu do its job well.

The first team started out with me just wanting to have fun and try something new but I ended up having a lot more success with it than I expected. I reached the top 10 on the ladder multiple times but never went far enough to peak. I then decided to make another team with a similar strategy and found success with it as well. Through various ladder runs with both Pikachu based teams, I ended up with a peak GXE of 94%. I’m not sure if this speaks to Pikachu’s viability or just shows that the BH ladder is bad at improofing their teams.

THE FIRST SHOWING

I started of course with Pikachu. I wanted to use Light Ball Imposter to take advantage of my opponents’ sets as well as just have fun using Pikachu.

In order to avoid speed ties as much as possible to help Pikachu go first, I needed a paralysis spammer. For this I went with Mega Steelix for its good defensive typing and immunity to Nuzzle.

So I wouldn’t succumb to my own status spamming, I decided to use a teammate with the ability Comatose. I chose Primal Kyogre for its nice Water typing and great special bulk.

To stop and annoy setup sweepers, I chose Prankster Giratina. Shoutout to DarkRisingRay for using Prankster Giratina before it was everywhere.

I needed offensive presence as well as a stall-breaker so I went with a pretty standard Pixilate Mega Diancie.

To improof Diancie and disrupt other –ate users and physical attackers I went with one of my favorites in Mummy Registeel.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 127
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
Ice Beam | Spikes | Destiny Bond | Bolt Strike

Unlike Imposter Chansey or Blissey, Pikachu is not used for scouting unless it is an absolutely safe switch in. This can either be turn 1 or off a slow U-turn. Pikachu shouldn’t be directly brought in on an opponent in general unless it is guaranteed to be safe as any damage hits pretty hard. It is recommended to spread paralysis first before sending out Pikachu to attempt reverse sweeps. Pikachu will rarely be not transformed but the moves shown take advantage of certain team members. Ice Beam hits Giratina, Bolt Strike 2HKOs non-Eviolite Imposter Kyogre, Spikes can be useful in general, and if a sacrifice is needed, Destiny Bond is there and Pikachu outspeeds everyone but Diancie. I set the Happiness level dead center in the case of Return/Frustration users. The boosted attack from the Light Ball ends up making the base power the same as my opponent’s.

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
Heal Order | Destiny Bond | Encore | Spectral Thief

Giratina annoys setup sweepers and non-Magic Bounce walls with Prankster Encore. Spectral Thief steals boosts from everything but Normal-types if they decide to stay in and keeps it from being too passive. Without Haze, Destiny Bond is needed in the case of a Dazzling or Dark-type sweeper in order to take them out. Heal Order helps it live longer. The Griseous Orb lets Giratina take reduced Knock Off damage, be immune to Trick, and hit harder with Spectral Thief.

Registeel @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mummy
Relaxed Nature
Anchor Shot | Recover | Defog | Toxic

This is the same set that was featured on my second RMT and is still one of my favorites to use. Mummy is used to disrupt things like FakeSpeed –ate users, U-turn Regenerators, and Poison Heal Regigigas. The Rocky Helmet provides extra punishment for those that contact it and useful chip damage on Regenerators. Anchor Shot traps Imposter users and can OHKO Mega Diancie. Defog is my hazard removal and Toxic is nice for crippling an opponent that I’d rather not paralyze.

Steelix-Mega @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
Nuzzle | Knock Off | Sunsteel Strike | U-turn

Steelix is my main paralysis spreader. Nuzzle ignores Magic Bounce and paralyzes anything other than Electric- or Ground-types. Knock Off removes useful items. Sunsteel Strike is nice STAB to surprise Fairies and Sturdy Shedinja and keep it from being passive. Steelix’s extremely low speed pairs nicely with U-turn to help gain momentum with safe switches. The Assault Vest gives Steelix a much needed boost in Special Defense to let it serve as a mixed wall. Regenerator allows it to passively heal upon switching out without costing a move slot.

Diancie-Mega @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pixilate
Hasty Nature
Extreme Speed | Boomburst | Stealth Rock | Fake Out

Mono Fairy attacks Diancie is still an effective Pixilate breaker and is also easier to improof with Steel-types. FakeSpeed with Boomburst threatens a large portion of the meta and Stealth Rock is almost guaranteed to be set unless the opponent has a Magic Bounce Steel-type. I chose a positive speed nature to outspeed neutral speed Mega Rayquaza, Arceus, and opposing Mega Diancie as well as positive speed Regigigas. Rocky Helmet is a slightly different choice of item that provides useful chip damage on passive walls using U-turn.

Kyogre-Primal @ Leftovers
Ability: Comatose
Sassy Nature
Scald / Surf | Shore Up | Anchor Shot | Glare

Comatose Primal Kyogre serves as a status absorber as well as an Imposter-proof status spreader. Comatose is an interesting ability that makes it immune to all status moves and cannot be removed whatsoever. This ability along with Kyogre’s special bulk allows it to check most Mega Gengar variants, especially Normalize since its ability can’t be removed. Scald is a useful, spammable STAB move that has a high burn chance. This could potentially get in the way of paralyzing a foe, so Surf is a slightly stronger option with no burn chance. Shore Up and Leftovers help Kyogre have nice longevity throughout the battle. Anchor Shot traps Imposter and other walls without pivot moves. Glare is the second method of spreading paralysis that can hit Ground-types that don’t have Magic Bounce.

DEALING WITH HECKLERS IN THE THEATER

• -ate users are typically not a problem for this team thanks to Registeel and Mega Steelix's Steel typings and Giratina's ability to soak up any coverage move after the opponent is given Mummy.
  • Setup spammers had better hope they aren't paralyzed because Pikachu loves coming into some boosts. Paralysis spam helps put a handle on most setup threats while Giratina's Encore and Destiny Bond can also help.
  • Most Poison Heal Regigigas sets can't handle the combination of Prankster Giratina and Mummy Registeel. These two can force it out or trap and kill it.
  • Normalize Gengar is handled and crippled by Comatose Kyogre. Kyogre has the bulk to stomach a hit from +2 Adaptability Spooky Judgment and cripple it with Glare.
  • Opposing Steel-types can be difficult to eliminate as none of the team carries moves that deal super effective damage. Scald burns or paralysis hax help wear them down though, especially if they aren't carrying Anchor Shot to deal with Mega Diancie.
  • Opposing Imposter users are typically not an issue thanks to the way I've built the team. Registeel and Kyogre both trap and eliminate their Imposters while the rest of the team is able to take advantage of Imposter in one way or another.
  • Shedinja can force switches, but Giratina is a safe switch in and forces it out. Mega Diancie is an effective rock setter to keep Shedinja off the field and Mega Steelix can win the 1v1 with Sunsteel Strike.
THOSE WHO COULD SPOIL THE ENDING

• Poison Heal Xerneas with sleep moves can be a big threat depending on who is put to sleep. Kyogre is overpowered eventually by Quiver Dance boosts and cannot paralyze it. Giratina can lock it into a move and maybe steal the boosts or sacrifice itself with Destiny Bond. Mega Steelix can also 2HKO Xerneas with Sunsteel Strike, but not if its asleep.
  • Banded Mega Garchomp can cause trouble if it gets a free turn. Mega Diancie puts lots of pressure on it, but Choice Band Adaptability Precipice Blades can OHKO over half the team.
  • Fully improofed Stall teams are a pain for any team to deal with. This team holds its own against Stall, but Pikachu is mostly dead weight in that match up and must be used sparingly and carefully.
  • Various Mega Mewtwo Y sets, like Contrary or Sheer Force, threaten the team with moves like Earth Power, Bolt Strike, and Overheat. Paralyzing it makes dealing with it much easier. Steelix's Assault Vest ensures it survives almost any unboosted attack, though.
THE SECOND SHOWING

Again, I started of course with Pikachu. I wanted to use Light Ball Imposter to take advantage of my opponents’ sets as well as just have fun using Pikachu.

Like the last team, in order to avoid speed ties as much as possible to help Pikachu go first, I needed a paralysis spammer. This time I went with Zygarde-Complete for its good defensive typing and immunity to Nuzzle.

I needed another status absorber so I decided on a Poison Heal user and went with Mega Gyarados for its nice defensive typing.

Already having a slow pivot, I added a fast pivot in Mega Beedrill to pressure offensive threats like Mega Mewtwo Y and help break walls.

To not be weak to setup sweepers, I chose Unaware Arceus to handle threats the rest of my team was weak to, like Triage Mega Rayquaza and Contrary Mega Sceptile.

I filled the last slot with an Imposter-proof sweeper that could also deal with Shedinja, Mega Gengar.

Pikachu-Alola @ Light Ball
Naive Nature
Bolt Strike | Destiny Bond | Spikes | Ice Beam

I chose the same moveset for Pikachu on this team, as the moves are able to take advantage of certain teammates in the event Pikachu does not transform. I did decide to change it up and go with the Alola cap version of Pikachu, though. I think this version has a little more swagger to it than the original and still looks adorable.

Gyarados-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
Defog | Glare | Knock Off | U-turn

Poison Heal Mega Gyarados serves as this team’s status absorber and status spreader. Not caring about Toxic Spikes lets Mega Gyarados serve as this team’s hazard remover. Glare spreads paralysis and is useful for crippling foes like Mega Gengar, who could give this team trouble otherwise. Knock Off is useful STAB and U-turn is nice for pivoting out of certain situations like Perish trapping. I maximized the speed EVs so that Mega Gyarados has a chance to outspeed opponents after they’ve been paralyzed.

Zygarde-Complete @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
Nuzzle | Core Enforcer | U-turn | Thousand Arrows

Zygarde plays a similar role that Mega Steelix played but with slightly different typing and much better mixed bulk. Nuzzle is for the paralysis and Core Enforcer along with minimum speed is nice STAB for removing abilities. U-turn lets Zygarde act as a slow pivot to help bring teammates in safely. Thousand Arrows is another useful STAB move that can punish opposing Steel-types that aren’t expecting to take super effective damage. The added bulk from the Assault Vest lets Zygarde take special hits that normally OHKO it, such as Ice Beam from Sheer Force Life Orb Mega Mewtwo Y or Pixie Plate Pixilate Boomburst from Mega Diancie. Surviving these hits is important as it lets Zygarde get off a Nuzzle or pivot out to a teammate.

Beedrill-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
U-turn | Close Combat | Ice Hammer | Bolt Strike / Sunsteel Strike

Mega Beedrill is typically the lead for the team as it is extremely fast and serves as a strong pivot/breaker with Choice Band Tough Claws. This set helps me pressure opposing fast threats like Mega Mewtwo Y and Mega Sceptile. Close Combat is coverage to hit Normal-types and Flash Fire Steels for big damage. Ice Hammer OHKOs non-Fur Coat Zygarde and 2HKOs Giratina. Mega Beedrill is fast enough to use another Ice Hammer on non-Prankster Giratina after the speed drop to finish it off. Bolt Strike OHKOs foes like Primal Kyogre, Ho-Oh, and Celesteela. Bolt Strike also has a nice chance to paralyze the opponent. Sunsteel Strike is another option that hits Fairies and Sturdy Shedinja, but Mega Gengar already takes care of those.

Arceus-Psychic @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
Timid Nature
Spectral Thief | Shore Up | Boomburst | Worry Seed / Revelation Dance

This set was much better before they fixed the Arceus-Imposter typing bug, but is still effective at stopping certain setup sweepers. Arceus helps the team deal with threats like Triage Mega Rayquaza and Poison Heal Xerneas. Spectral Thief steals enemy boosts and can help power up Arceus’s moves or defenses. Boomburst is a powerful STAB move that has the benefit of bypassing substitutes. Worry Seed forces out Poison Heal users and disrupts –ate users thanks to Arceus’s high speed. Shore Up is needed for keeping Arceus healthy. Revelation Dance can be used to help deal with Normalize Mega Gengar but is not as overall useful as Worry Seed.

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Judgment | Secret Sword / Toxic Spikes | Sludge Bomb | Tail Glow

Mega Gengar filled the sixth team slot and compresses a few roles: Shedinja check, late game sweeper, and hazard setter. Mold Breaker lets Mega Gengar ignore abilities that would normally give this set trouble, such as Magic Bounce, Unaware, and Sturdy. Judgment is the main STAB move but Sludge Bomb rounds out Mega Gengar’s nearly perfect anti-meta STABs. Secret Sword nails Mega Tyranitar and Fur Coat Chansey while Tail Glow drastically boosts Mega Gengar’s Special Attack. Toxic Spikes is an option that can wear down teams by poisoning opponents you don’t want paralyzed. Quiver Dance could be used for a less dramatic boosting option that allows it to outspeed Mega Mewtwo Y and Mega Sceptile, but Mega Beedrill and paralysis support already help with this.

DEALING WITH HECKLERS IN THE THEATER

• Mega Mewtwo Y is immediately pressured by having Mega Beedrill on the team. Barring a Choice Scarf or Contrary V-create, Mega Beedrill can come in and threaten to OHKO it with U-turn.
  • Choice Specs Mega Rayquaza is unable to OHKO Zygarde from full thanks to the Assault Vest, which makes it a relatively safe switch in to Boomburst and allows Zygarde to either Nuzzle it or use Core Enforcer.
  • Normalize Mega Gengar is tougher to deal with on this team but has solid means to work around it. Mega Beedrill OHKOs with V-create, Mega Gyarados can Glare it, Mega Gengar can risk a speed tie, and Arceus can use Worry Seed to prevent it from entraining Normalize.
  • Having no Steel-types looks like a bad Mega Diancie match up, but two Poison-types and Zygarde's added special bulk help to deal with Mega Diancie. Pikachu can also threaten Fake Out variants of Mega Diancie if it is brought in safely.
  • Imposter users can be a pain if they transform into Mega Beedrill or Arceus, but generally they can be paralyzed and forced out without causing too much trouble.
THOSE WHO COULD SPOIL THE ENDING

• Poison Heal Mega Mewtwo X with Ice coverage can be a pain to deal with. Mega Beedrill can threaten to 2HKO with Bolt Strike it but likely loses its band or is put to sleep after the hit. Zygarde is a 2HKO from Icicle Crash but has to hope for no flinch in order to get off a Core Enforcer.
  • Refrigerate MMX can also be a threat to this team as it hits Zygarde extremely hard, threatens Arceus and Mega Gyarados with Fighting STAB, and chips Mega Beedrill and Mega Gengar with neutral priority attacks. Pikachu can put pressure on it and force it out, but only once or twice.
  • Kyurem-Black with Bolt Strike or Close Combat can give the team trouble. Mega Gyarados handles variants that opt for Precipice Blades or V-create as coverage. Life Orb Bolt Strike has a small chance to OHKO Mega Gyarados from full, but once Kyurem-Black is paralyzed then Pikachu can take advantage of it.
  • Setup threats with Photon Geyser or Sunsteel Strike can overpower Arceus thanks to ignoring Unaware. Zygarde has enough bulk to survive certain boosted hits and attempt to paralyze the foe but takes massive damage.
CONCLUSION
Does Pikachu have a niche in Balanced Hackmons? Yes. Does it take a lot of team support? Yes. Does it always work? Absolutely not. What I know for sure is it is extremely fun to use. Most people don't prepare for Pikachu and are spooked when they see it in Team Preview. I've seen it put in work on the ladder as well as in tournaments. I was surprised at how successful Pikachu centered teams could be in such an unpredictable meta. I think that it is an under-utilized tool for breaking past would-be checks.

These teams are nowhere near unbeatable or perfect, but can be a pain to deal with if played smartly. Both teams do a great job of supporting Pikachu while also working well with the teammates they have to improof each other. After playing with them, I definitely think its possible to have success with Pikachu in Balanced Hackmons. And who doesn't like Pikachu?

RESCREENINGS

Here are some replays of the first team. Keep in mind most of these are older and some moves are different, like Volt Switch Kyogre. Also, one features Illusion, which is banned, and sleep spam, which is claused.

174488 174490 174491 174526

Here are replays of the second team. I didn't have as many for this one, but I found some against hyper offensive teams and one from the BH Team Tour.

174494 174497 174499

IMPORTABLE
Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Prankster
Relaxed Nature
- Heal Order
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Spectral Thief

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Bolt Strike

Registeel @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mummy
Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Recover
- Defog
- Toxic

Steelix-Mega @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Nuzzle
- Knock Off
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn

Diancie-Mega @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pixilate
Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Stealth Rock
- Fake Out

Kyogre-Primal @ Leftovers
Ability: Comatose
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Shore Up
- Anchor Shot
- Glare
Pikachu-Alola @ Light Ball
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Destiny Bond
- Spikes
- Ice Beam

Gyarados-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Glare
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Zygarde-Complete @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Nuzzle
- Core Enforcer
- U-turn
- Thousand Arrows

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Tail Glow

Beedrill-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Ice Hammer
- Bolt Strike

Arceus-Psychic @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
Timid Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Boomburst
- Worry Seed

Just a heads up I had changed a few things after playtesting so I thought I'd share.

https://pokepast.es/1384ceed4ac37cff

EV wise, Gyarados is min speed so it can stay knocking in front of Giratina without getting cored, this means it can stay on rocks tina/zyg and defog instead of being forced out and just losing the game, lol.
Similarly, I've run more speed on Zyg cause I found the ability to outpace certain mons like mmy when paralysed helpful, also means I can attack tinted chicken before it 2HKOs me. Not sure about this one but I ran with it.
I made Gengar pursuit cause I found tspikes to be very eh, doesn't serve much purpose when every other mon is paralysed. Pursuit means I have a more reliable way to kill shed (when Funbot copied the team she also made that change cause shed is a problem, I think it's just better honestly).
Zygarde's last move I have not found to be particularly useful, with max speed it can help deal with a paralysed Gengar ig, but in that case, I think I'd prefer Knock Off or some other annoying move, for my part I've ran Circle Throw cause I didn't want Belly drum mons setting up in my face or smt.
Pikachu set is kinda irrelevant but I did put King's Shield on it cause it helps when they imposter your Beedrill and start wrecking your team.
Finally, I changed worry seed to nuzzle on Arceus cause I thought more para added more value than worry seed, copied boosts + Boomburst adequately deals with PH setup (also I hadn't actually read the rmt before snatching the team but I didn't worry too much about -ates anyway cause pixie is well checked by dual ghosts, Ray by Zyg and -ate is also the prime way to countersweep with pikachu).

Anyway idk if you agree with the changes but they're the ones I ran with so I thought I'd share.

I dunno how I feel about Pikachu tbh, I've found that most of the time I won because of how many free turns I was getting with all the para accumulating over time, honestly, it's a good cheese strat, but Pikachu often had only a very little part in my wins.
Perhaps I'd try a para spam team that isn't centred on Pikachu.

Cool team tho, fun to use. Also going Beedrill on MMY's Fleur Canon is peak flex play.

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just a heads up I had changed a few things after playtesting so I thought I'd share.

https://pokepast.es/1384ceed4ac37cff

EV wise, Gyarados is min speed so it can stay knocking in front of Giratina without getting cored, this means it can stay on rocks tina/zyg and defog instead of being forced out and just losing the game, lol.
Similarly, I've run more speed on Zyg cause I found the ability to outpace certain mons like mmy when paralysed helpful, also means I can attack tinted chicken before it 2HKOs me. Not sure about this one but I ran with it.
I made Gengar pursuit cause I found tspikes to be very eh, doesn't serve much purpose when every other mon is paralysed. Pursuit means I have a more reliable way to kill shed (when Funbot copied the team she also made that change cause shed is a problem, I think it's just better honestly).
Zygarde's last move I have not found to be particularly useful, with max speed it can help deal with a paralysed Gengar ig, but in that case, I think I'd prefer Knock Off or some other annoying move, for my part I've ran Circle Throw cause I didn't want Belly drum mons setting up in my face or smt.
Pikachu set is kinda irrelevant but I did put King's Shield on it cause it helps when they imposter your Beedrill and start wrecking your team.
Finally, I changed worry seed to nuzzle on Arceus cause I thought more para added more value than worry seed, copied boosts + Boomburst adequately deals with PH setup (also I hadn't actually read the rmt before snatching the team but I didn't worry too much about -ates anyway cause pixie is well checked by dual ghosts, Ray by Zyg and -ate is also the prime way to countersweep with pikachu).

Anyway idk if you agree with the changes but they're the ones I ran with so I thought I'd share.

I dunno how I feel about Pikachu tbh, I've found that most of the time I won because of how many free turns I was getting with all the para accumulating over time, honestly, it's a good cheese strat, but Pikachu often had only a very little part in my wins.
Perhaps I'd try a para spam team that isn't centred on Pikachu.

Cool team tho, fun to use. Also going Beedrill on MMY's Fleur Canon is peak flex play.
Thanks for the feedback and for testing! Hope it was fun. I am liking the changes so far.
I had speed originally on Gyarados for the same reasoning you added it to Zygarde, but it definitely is not ideal to have PH surpressed compared to regen.
I think Pursuit on Gengar is a good option to totally nail Shed and T-spikes don't have much of a place on a para based team. I don't like how Pursuit is literally only for Shed though and isn't otherwise used whereas Secret Sword could be there for Ttar and Chansey while Moldy still breaks Shed in the long run if it leaves. Def a solid move nonetheless.
For Zygarde's last move, I agree with you and I didn't click Arrows that much but there were times when it came in handy. I'll play around with Circle Throw and see how that feels.
Nuzzle on Arceus seems good too as more para support is always nice.

I'll pretend for a sec that you didn't just question Pikachu's place on the team (lol jk). But yeah, compared to the first team on here, it almost seems harder to use Pika even though paralysis is spread more easily. That might just be a testament to how hard it is to pull off running Pikachu to where it actually does some work in battles. Its actually pretty insane how many free turns you can get from para though.

I enjoyed reading through this RMT. I am going to try out mainly the second one because I am a lover of regenZyg-Bee core. Waiting for your next RMT :p. When I finish to test this I will give my opinion about some sets that I may alter. Looks like a funny and solid team in the team preview.

pd: yeh I know I am 21 days late

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)