• couldn't care less

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

DarkBeserker

Banned deucer.
HEAVEN'S WRATH
TEAM BY FWQEF
REVISING, PEAK AND RMT BY DARKBESERKER

this without a doubt is not the greatest or consistent gen 8 team of all time, but it did pretty well on the ladder and can be kinda fun but can make people absolutely hate you, plus spam kinda wins on the degeneracy known as the Gen 8 BH Ladder. not much left to say here but, Enjoy the RMT!

funny HO Peak.png

every game that was played on this alt was using this team, this was #3 on the ladder, but #1 and #2 were just Dimrah alt's so it's technically #2.
I am Aware the W/L ratio isn't too great, (but this was in an unrestricted Zacian Dominated metagame, so I guess that's pretty decent in itself)

THE TEAM

Darmanitan-Galar-Zen @ Heat Rock **HEAVEN'S ANARCHY
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Solar Blade
- Taunt
- Teleport

Drought Darmanitan is my usual lead of sorts which can be used to set sun so the remainder of its teammates can hit much harder with their boosted Fire STAB. I decided to give it heat rock over something like leftovers as extra power would prevail over longevity in the long run. To counter the lack of longevity, I made a point to have this more aggressive than the average lead.

I decided to give it more attacking moves so it's not just set up bait to more threatening pokemon or other suicide leads. I decided to give it V-create to act as a makeshift Wallbreaker when it's needed. my next move choice is also a bit niche, as I decided to give it a solar blade of all things, the reason for this is so I can deal with random ground types and Fur Coat Seismitoad. the latter of which is 2HKO'd by Max Overgrowth. Taunt is for disabling Prankster's or removing Dragapult's ability to use entrainment to name a few uses. finally, for my last Moveslot, I opted to use teleport for a potentially predicting a switch so I can gain momentum. I chose Jolly Nature so I can have the highest speed possible, which would allow me to outspeed threats like Mewtwo, Zamzenta-Crowned, Eternatus, and the Potential Marshadow.
252 Atk Darmanitan-Galar-Zen Max Overgrowth vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Seismitoad: 312-368 (75.3 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Darmanitan-Galar-Zen V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eternatus in Sun: 210-248 (43.3 - 51.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Darmanitan-Galar-Zen @ Focus Sash **HEAVEN'S ANARCHY
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Pyro Ball
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

Mold Breaker Darmanitan has advantages over most other hazard setters as it can be played more flexible than its other options, plus with the added utility of setup can give it more utility given the matchup. You can sometimes lead with this if you wish, but that is advised against unless you know rocks will be needed in the matchup. such as against opposing sash spam, or against passive pokemon like Melmetal or Toxapex.

Shell Smash gives the user the ability to hit things ludicrously hard even if resisted with the added bonus of Outspeeding everything in the metagame aside from ate-speeders which don't pose a huge threat to it most of the time. I decided to add Pyro Ball over V-Create so it doesn't lose vital speed from using the move which can be detrimental at times. the other offensive move I decided to use was Icicle Crash, which allows it to hit stuff like Eternatus and other dragons. but most importantly it can hit Primordial Sea Ferrothorn decently hard if set up and netting a guaranteed 2HKO, which can be crucial as Ferrothorn can be very dangerous to this Team if not dealt with in some way.
+2 252 Atk Darmanitan-Galar-Zen Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 193-228 (54.8 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Darmanitan-Galar Zen Max Hailstorm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 295-348 (83.8 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Darmanitan-Galar-Zen @ Focus Sash **HEAVEN'S ANARCHY
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Defog
- Destiny Bond
- V-create
- Close Combat

Prankster Darmanitan is kinda funny, as it can be a good emergency check to sweepers that the team cannot handle such as dragon darts sweepers or breakers when rocks are down on your side.

defog is for emergency hazard cleanup in case it is needed, be cautious of Dazzling pokemon or dark types though. But Destiny bond is where the set really shines, making it so imposter either has to play some serious mind games or possibly switching out, as if they are the scarf and pick the wrong move they could be seriously punished for it if they predict wrong. the last two moves are mostly self-explanatory, just v-create so it can at least do some damage if it needs to, and close combat is to hit fire resists like Tyranitar or Primordial Sea Melmetal.

Reshiram @ Focus Sash **HEAVEN'S JUSTICE
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- V-create
- Dynamax Cannon
- Earth Power / Secret Sword

Turboblaze Reshiram is just a really good set and I'm truly not really sure why, as it lacks switch-ins when it actually sets up. But this one is something that you probably would not send out unless the prankster is dead, as some of the most common pranksters in the metagame can stop this pretty consistent, even then if Sun is up you can just click v-create on a neutral target and watch a random pokemon go off your screen. on another note, if they don't have a prankster or imposter it absolutely demolishes teams that lack one. I chose shell smash for reasons above that have been explained before.

one of the interesting parts about this set is the choice of V-Create over A special move like Blue Flare, the reason for this is the former move actually does more despite it not being its dominant Stat. my second STAB choice was Dynamax Cannon to hit pretty much any neutral target insanely hard, and to pretty much bypass the broken mechanic called Dynamax. the final move was just to hit the aforementioned Primordial Sea Steels if they aren't chipped already. Nature was decided to be Naive so neither of the attacking stats gets lowered as both are used in this set.

+2 252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Melmetal: 274-324 (57.8 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Melmetal: 230-272 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Ferrothorn: 156-184 (44.3 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 246-290 (69.8 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Blue Flare
- Dynamax Cannon
- Spore

Now here is the star of the team, Prankster Utility Reshiram. which in most of my games ends up being the Wincon of said game. Fair warning though, this set can be very dangerous to use early game as imposter can cause some major problems if they are insane enough to risk the speed tie or becoming choice locked into Spore, you also need to be careful of magic bouncers. As if they have the ability you can potentially lose a large amount of momentum or even lose the game, but most of the time the pros far outweigh the cons.

you can see this set is purely special, so I can take on certain physical walls a lot better than other members of the team ever could, having some crucial matchups with walls such as FC Melmetal or Zamazenta-Crowned. the first 3 moves are self-explanatory, but Spore is an incredible anti-offense or defense tool that can neutralize certain attackers or walls that don't carry anti-Status or Priority abilities. the most important attacker to neutralize being Normalize Dragapult or Dragon Darts Sweepers. The nature is timid, as I only carry special moves so I don't need my Attacking stat anyway.
252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zamazenta-Crowned in Sun: 434-512 (111.8 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Melmetal in Sun: 732-864 (154.4 - 182.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Ability: Magic Guard
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Dynamax Cannon
- Rapid Spin
- Spectral Thief

The final pokemon on the team is my Improofer and hazard removal. Despite not looking that threatening on paper, it is probably one of, if not the most important one on the team as literally every pokemon has a sash and all can lose a quarter or half of their health from hazards being in play, which can be disastrous as every other set really like having their sashes intact to function correctly.

the first two moves were chosen just for STAB options to threaten things so it's not completely passive. I chose rapid spin so my hazards stay on the field and end up getting a +1 Speed boost for pseudo setup to clear weakened teams with Dynamax if I have not used it yet. Spectral Thief makes it so I can check setup sweepers that lack multi-hitting moves or to take the boosts from an Impostered Reshiram Or Darmanitan to possibly counter sweep. for the ability and item., I decided to have a sashed magic guard user to prevent possible KO's from things like rocky helmet and weather, but the main intent was to prevent hazard damage.

REPLAYS:

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 4.44.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-02 at 4.46.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-02 at 4.51.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 4.54.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-02 at 4.52.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-02 at 4.55.04 PM.png

THREATLIST:

Normalize Dragapult is quite problematic if you aren't careful while using this, as its naturally faster than every pokemon on the team and doesn't have a hard check. the best you can really do is try to put it to sleep with prankster Reshiram, Or if they lead it you can try to taunt them with the drought Darmanitan. but if worse comes to worst, you can attempt to kill it with Dynamax as a last resort.

Primordial Sea Ferrothorn and Melmetal are also pretty bad matchups, as they eliminate sun and are immune or resist most of the team's attacking options, forcing them to use coverage to partially threatening them. Ferrothorn in my eyes is a lot harder to deal with than the latter, as only mold-breaker Darmanitan in most cases threatens it significantly with Icicle crash, but sometimes you can cheese it with destiny bond.

Melmetal is a bit easier as it doesn't like taking special moves that much and it is relatively passive most of the time. It shouldn't be a huge issue as long as you play carefully around it.

doesn't pose nearly the threat of the last three, but can be a bit annoying in itself as it invalidates most of the Darmanitans, and can tank special moves pretty well along with that. but as with Melmetal, nothing that cant be dealt with by predicting well

if you face sash spam with a good hazard removal or a competent player who has Dazzling Zekrom with dragon darts, pretty much just say goodbye and click X in that scenario. Not much you can do to stop these things if they can be pulled off, so just make sure to not let Zekrom's set up, or hazards to be removed. then you should be fine

HEAVEN'S ANARCHY (Darmanitan-Galar-Zen) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Solar Blade
- Taunt
- Teleport

HEAVEN'S ANARCHY (Darmanitan-Galar-Zen) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Pyro Ball
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

HEAVEN'S ANARCHY (Darmanitan-Galar-Zen) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Defog
- Destiny Bond
- V-create
- Close Combat

HEAVEN'S JUSTICE (Reshiram) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Turboblaze
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 SpD
- Shell Smash
- V-create
- Dynamax Cannon
- Earth Power

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpD
- Shell Smash
- Blue Flare
- Dynamax Cannon
- Spore

Ability: Magic Guard
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Dynamax Cannon
- Rapid Spin
- Spectral Thief

honestly, I would probably never do this again with a spam team, as this needed way more effort than I wanted to, to say that the environment was less than favorable was an understatement, especially in such an unstable meta as gen8.

It started out fine, the laddering was overall really consistent and got me to top 20 pretty effortlessly, but then it was absolute hell getting past that point as I was averaging 1 game per >5-10 minutes, and even then gaining 5-10 points per while going down 30 to 35 ELO each loss. the funniest thing about this entire experience was losing to bad players and or teams more often than competent players and teams, so I guess that's fun. on my last day of laddering, I was ct'd many times by a multitude of people.

please never do this, unless you are insane enough to.

holy crap this ladder is a mess, I'm just gonna say it right here. we need more suspects, too many things are broken right now. to name a few,

Dynamax: Dynamax is pretty stupid. as it kinda invalidates checks or certain offensive mons. which makes it pretty stupid in my eyes. IDK unpopular opinion but I have a voice too right

Species clause: species clause is probably gonna be needed sooner or later, cause I really don't want to be dealing with stupid things like Darm spam or the newly added Zamazenta-Crowned. just really not fun to fight.

New council: okay, not to bash any people. But we need a better council, nothing is getting done to make the metagame better and people are leaving because of it. if we want the metagame to die, we are truly going in the correct direction as of right now. We need more BH mains, less inactive members with a Tier Leader that actually plays the metagame he leads.

fwqef thanks for making this team, and allowing me to use it / RMT it. it was a blast to use and I hope we can do more funny shit like this in the future.

dimrah pretty cool. thanks for helping me with teams that never end up working, and tolerating my constant raging at you. please get a life lol

a loser thanks for being really chill and helping me out with getting remotivated and back on the ladder grind. <3 you dude.

Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) what even is there to say? the amount of support you have given more over my gen 7 / gen 8 career is astonishing. you are an amazing person to be around and in my eyes the best current BH player right now, if not best ever. I would love to see you come back to Balanced Hackmons someday. I'll be waiting. :)

(Maybe more to come IDK, kinda lazy)

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey man congrats on the gxe record for gen8 BH. Never thought a meme team I made, a hyper offense at that, would reach peak consistency. Thanks for taking the team so far when I didn’t have the motivation to do so.

Shoutouts to Onyx Onix for annoying me with his lunala spam team which pushed me to make this godforsaken team of my own, and shoutouts to my friend Coldembrace who used to love using weather oriented teams but suddenly disappeared in gen8. Please come back :(

I'm wondering what Imposter calcs the Darm-G-Z with Prankster, 252 Def EVs, and 0 Def IVs is aiming for. Wouldn't a combination that barely guarantees the KO on the fattest legal Imposter be the best? (And I suspect that combination wouldn't be a 252/0 split.)

DarkBeserker

Banned deucer.
I'm wondering what Imposter calcs the Darm-G-Z with Prankster, 252 Def EVs, and 0 Def IVs is aiming for. Wouldn't a combination that barely guarantees the KO on the fattest legal Imposter be the best? (And I suspect that combination wouldn't be a 252/0 split.)
thanks, nice catch completely forgot about that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)