Other [BH] [Insert Creative BH RMT Name Here]

Hi, I'm Piccolo. I play BH a lot, but I never bothered to make an RMT because all my teams were really bad. I finally think that I have a team good enough to share, so here goes!

BOOMBURST STRONK (Arceus-Dragon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Substitute
- Encore
- Baton Pass
- Milk Drink
This is the most important member of my team. Arceus with a +Def nature is able to check Gengar-Mega, the tier's strongest sweeper. It switches in on the Shell Smash/Judgment and Encore's into that move before Baton Passing to something that can deal with it. It's always a good idea to use Substitute on the first turn if you lead with this Arceus because it blocks things like Spore/Dark Void, lets you scout your opponent out, and potentially Encore people into bad moves. For instance, if your opponent is leading with a Mold Breaker/similar Deoxys Speed, you can Sub, and when they use Spore, you simply Encore them into it, forcing a switch. However, this set really doesn't like Yveltal due to its Leftovers being very important.
This set is also able to check many setup sweepers that rely on a boosting move (they get Encore'd into it, forcing them out). Overall, it's a very versatile and usable set that I try to include on any team I have nowadays.
The first person I've seen using this set was Mico, but I've talked to some people and it doesn't sound like he made it.

If this gets Imposter'd: If/when this set gets Imposter'd without a Substitute up, I generally switch (not baton pass, hard switch) to Xerneas. If the Imposter tried to Encore me into Substitute, or needed to recover, I get a nice free Taunt in and force them out. If not, whatever they switch to gets a nice Taunt or Parting Shot.

DEFENSE CURL (Darmanitan-Zen) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Baton Pass
- Will-O-Wisp
- Heal Order

It's clearly called Defense Curl because it uses that move, duh This set is the main Contrary counter I have, and also allows me to wall my own Contrary MMX. However, it's able to switch into a wide variety of threats, especially Kyu-B and Xerneas, and use Will-o-Wisp on physical versions of those sets. This set also helps me deal with setup sweepers due to the fact that it's Unaware and can Heart Swap, and either Baton Pass those boosts, or switch out so Chansey can't steal them. However, this set despises Mold Breakers (because most of them are setup sweepers) and rarely ever switches in willingly to them.
The first person I've seen using Unaware Darm-Z was AWailOfATail , but I'm not sure of what set

If this gets Imposter'd: If this set gets Imposter'd, I generally switch in my Palkia as it is able to Spore, and either Shell Smash or just try to do as much damage as possible with Steam Eruption. However, if the opponent has Impostered this after it Heart Swapped boosts, I generally switch to Xerneas, as it can Taunt and make the set useless.

BOOMBURST STRONK (Xerneas) @ Rocky Helmet
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Parting Shot
- Slack Off

This is a really cool set that I've seen around in BH a bit. It is my main check to Baton Pass teams, due to Prankster Taunt, as well as Parting Shot to phaze out Magic Bouncers. This set is pretty self explanatory. It's really fun to use against Shedinja because Shedinja uses Endeavor, dies to the Helmet, and then Xerneas uses Destiny Bond and KOs the next team member.

If this gets Imposter'd: If this set gets Imposter'd, I generally switch in either Giratina and bounce back the Taunts/Parting Shots, but if my opponent might predict this, I switch in my Contrary MMX which can continuously use Superpower while not fearing Destiny Bond. It also has a chance of setting up Rocks.

WATER SPOUT (Palkia) @ Draco Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
Modest Nature
- Spore / Dark Void / King's Shield
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Steam Eruption

This is another set that came from Hackmons. It's an alternative to Mega Gengar in that it's an incredibly strong Shell Smasher that is (mostly) anti Imposter. The reason I use this set over Gengar is that it's rarer, so less counters are commonly used. Ferrothorn walls this set (Azumarill to a degree, but it's not immune to spore), but I rarely see any of those among serious players. Its dual STABs are very good coverage. However, it doesn't like Yveltal, due to the presence of Knock Off making it weaker against Chansey, and non Sporeable Sucker Punch. However, if this thing gets a Smash up behind a sub, it's pretty much GG except for sneaky Destiny Bonds. However, Destiny Bond is fixed by Spore.

If this gets Imposter'd: If this set gets Imposter'd, my Giratina walls this set completely due to Judgment not affecting it. After it switches in, I use Entrainment so that it can't put me to sleep anymore, and I Recover-spam.

NO GUARD (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Lonely Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Psycho Boost
- Stealth Rock

Contrary MMX seems like a very noobish set for Balanced Hackmons. However, I've used this set to a fairly large amount of success. The main counter for this kind of set is Chansey/Blissey with Imposter, but they aren't able to do too much to Darmanitan-Zen, and it can Will-o-Wisp them. Mewtwo doesn't shout Contrary as loud as, say, Blaziken-Mega, so it's often quite easy to get in a free boost before your opponent knows that it's Contrary. Stealth Rock is great for turns when you predict a Destiny Bond, such as from known Pranksters (or non Mold Breaker Mega Gengars that you outspeed, because they are probably Pranksters). Also, if you get rocks up earlier in the match, Shedinja can't switch in to wall this set. Pyscho Boost is able to do ~35% to Giratina without any boosts, so the second one almost always KOs non-Unaware variants. This set is hard walled by Flash Fire Aegislash, however, and there isn't too much I can do about that.

If this gets Imposter'd: As I already said, I switch in Darmanitan-Zen and wall the set. I ignore Stealth Rocks getting set up as Giratina can easily get rid of them.

18BULK1ME (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Calm Nature
- Entrainment
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Giratina is an incredibly bulky wall in the BH tier and almost a requirement for every non-heavy offense teams. In addition to just being generally bulky, this set loves messing up Poison Healers by being immune to Spore/Dark Void/Will-o (because of Bounce) and making them take lots of damage from Entrainment. Generally, on my teams, this bulky bounce position is filled by Mega Venusaur, however I had no Shedinja switch in for this team yet (assuming Xern's helmet got knocked off), so I chose Giratina. My one problem with this set is that it doesn't absorb toxic spikes like Venusaur does. However, it is able to quickly clear them with non-Taunt able Defog and heal itself (and the rest of my team) with Heal Bell. Giratina is a great switch in to non Mold Breaker Deoxys Speed leads, as any hazards they try to set up will be bounced back. He also can function as a spinblocker.

If this gets Imposter'd: I generally switch in either Palkia (and try to get a score on Spore + Smash + STAB SE Judgment, or Arceus and get a free Substitute up.

This team has served me really well against a wide range of players, from Lcass to Uselesscrab. However, I rarely ladder at all, so I can't say that I peaked #1 with this team.

Some replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-151767423
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-147995419

Uselesscrab for being a great friend and helping me test this team
AWailOfATail for being bby <3 and team testing
Lcass4919 for helping me test team and being a friend
Adrian Marin for helping me test team and being a friend
Kit Kasai for helping me test team and being a friend
Peef Rimgar, Seismitoad, Monte Cristo, GlassGlaceon, YoungKingPat, Heisenerg, manu 11, unfixable, CactusCacti, King Tegopelte and TheBurgerKing99 for being bros
Feebas4ubers, mico mico, and dramlamb for ideas, and being bros
i <3 you all :)

BOOMBURST STRONK (Arceus-Dragon) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Encore
- Baton Pass
- Milk Drink

DEFENSE CURL (Darmanitan-Zen) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Baton Pass
- Will-O-Wisp
- Heal Order

BOOMBURST STRONK (Xerneas) @ Rocky Helmet
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Parting Shot
- Slack Off

WATER SPOUT (Palkia) @ Draco Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Steam Eruption

NO GUARD (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Lonely Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Psycho Boost
- Stealth Rock

18BULK1ME (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Calm Nature
- Entrainment
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Edit: Fixed image sizes, sorry

Last edited:

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
*watches replay of me*"popping subs like cherries" oh god. thats why you never drink lots of coca cola while laddering...i say some stupid shit ;~; otherwise, i can safely say this team is pretty good, i like the team structure, and it doesn't really have any noteworthy flaws really. sadly i couldn't scrape out a win because of that goddamn arceus, but it was a gg nonetheless. this team gets lcass' nonexistant stamp of approval. :]

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
You made an RMT o.o

I was gonna say stuff here but damn this team is pretty good. You can tell that it's a hackmons style team not a BH style team ;-; which makes it really annoying to face because of all those support moves

Anyways your team does really well against stall, there's not much that can stop it with your core of Arceus + MM2X + Palkia, mainly Ferrothorn or PP stall. So basically Adrian.

Your team is a lot more weak to offense. A well supported Kyurem-B could rip through your team *cough* illusion *cough* ... sorry Idk what that was about. Anyways as I was saying, your only real counter to Cube is Darmanitan-Z. Protean MM2X + Cube could probably take apart your team, especially if they have U-Turn (This is evil, please don't run U-Turn ;~;). Actually, you have no flying resists, so a boosting aerilate user just plows through your team. Especially if it's Lcass's Facade set, as Darm-Z can't will-o-wisp it. You could try replacing Xerneas with Aegislash. I think Aegis has better synergy with Arceus anyways. Otherwise I think you handle non-priority sweepers pretty well.

;-; more stuff after I remember what I've forgotten to write

Yeah, Xern being replaced with Arceus is a really good idea, thanks Kit. I'll probably try it out. The problem is that Xerneas is my main Knock Off switch. So I'll have to slightly redesign, or just switch Tina in because of its orb.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
FYI I didn't invent unaware DarmZ but DarmZ is probably my second favorite poke in BH right now so I like using it on teams (even if it's not unaware but everyone thinks it is huehuehue). If you're wondering, I ran Milk Drink/Heart Swap/Baton Pass/Worry Seed but WoW works too.

I faced this team and we ended up calling it a draw even though !pick said I won because we were both using stall (although this is more semi stall but wtv). It's honestly really solid.
Couple of things, though:

minimize ur attack evs u nub

What Kit said, Aerilate just plows through this, put an Aegislash somewhere (imo over arceus and not Xern(see next point))

Imo you want Xern to outspeed your other prankster so it can shut it down for good. If you put aegis over Xern, that won't happen (and like you said, Xern is your knock off switch in). Or you could use maggron/Registeel so it's not weak to knock off (hint maggron) but it's your choice. And I do know that arceus is there for Megagar so Registeel might be better (you'd have to calc)
Omg prankster Yveltal *goes away to team build*

Also minimize DarmZ's speed so it can WoW things that come in from slow u-turns (or other DarmZ's volt switches).

Overall nice team, I know that from first hand experience. Struggles with the ates a bit, as Aerilate has no resists and Refrigerate and Pixilate have only 1. As Adrian would say, get a soundproof mon or lose to Boomburst
Really nice team tho bby <4

Also the title wasn't what you said it would be and I got disappointed

Honestly the Arceus is my favorite set, I'm not replacing it. It's my check to Mega Gengar because it can switch into Judgment or Shell Smash and not care. Aegislash can't say the same thing. I'll fix my attack EVs (although foul play is incredibly uncommon). And yes, Aerilate plows through this team, and yes, replacing Xern with Aegis is a good idea. I can just switch Giratina into Knock Off and similar.

Also, Uselesscrab came up with Prankster Yvel before, it was weird.

Well I may as well retire this team now that there's the new 510 EV limit for BH and PH. GG world, had a fun time playing. Not sure if I'll actually play the new version

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)