Other Metagames BH: No mercy Toxic Spikes Offense

Welcome to another RMT. Most people will know me as a predominant stall player, but after Moragrim's super stall team, I decided I'd work on a fun offensive team to beat it, other Poison Heal-centered stall, and bulky offensive teams. It's netted some cool wins for me and I'm excited to show its members! So read on and stuff!

Note: I've put in a few calculations here and there to demonstrate the way some team members work in certain situations.

Gengar-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Venoshock
- Shell Smash
- King's Shield

This is the late-game sweeper of the team. I originally had Merciless as the ability to take more direct advantage of the Toxic Spikes, but I soon realized that that left it totally shut down by Steel Types even after boosting. Now with Adaptabilityy it can deal consistent damage, only a bit less than a standard Dazzling/Normalize Gengar. If the opponent does happened to be poisoned, Well, it is probably going to be ohkoed unless it is extremely bulky. Any Poison Heal Fairies simply fold to a 260 bp STAB Venishock, And Poison Heal Regigigas is 2hKOed. King's Shield allows it to take a Knock Off from PH Regigigas, allowing it to Shell Smash on the obligatory Shift Gear and then simply OHKO. It is, unfortunately, walled by Poison Heal Zygarde-C and Poison heal Mega Tar, Regen-Vest and Unaware Yveltal, bulky Steels like Dialga and Registeel, and faster offensive mons like Mega Sceptile and Deoxys-A, so it definitely cannot sweep until they are removed. The rest of the team is meant to help it do that.

252 SpA Adaptability Gengar-Mega Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Regigigas: 258-304 (60.8 - 71.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Adaptability Gengar-Mega Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre-Primal: 180-212 (44.5 - 52.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Adaptability Gengar-Mega Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino-Mega: 428-504 (104.3 - 122.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Adaptability Gengar-Mega Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete: 260-306 (40.8 - 48.1%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Adaptability Gengar-Mega Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 440-520 (87.3 - 103.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO (It works against Comatose)

Dialga @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Regen Vest Dialga finds a place on the team once again, thanks to its numerous resistances to stuff that would otherwise cause me trouble. For example it can weaken PH Primal Kyogre enough for the late game Gengar sweep, take a hit from specs MMY, or Core Enforce Poison Heal from non-Fairies that could otherwise take a Venoshock. Volt Switch lets something else switch in to continue the offensive pressure. Rapid Spin is necessary to remove Stealth Rock, as my team does not like being worn down by it. Spectral Thief keeps setup sweepers somewhat in check too. It's vital that I not use any passive mons, which is what dissuaded me from using AV Registeel, because even though I can prevent setup, I need to pressure Impostors and keep hazards on the field. Dialga lets me do that well.

Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Toxic Spikes
The Standard Diancie-mega set with a twist: Toxic Spikes. Since Diancie forces switches with childlike ease it is a prime setter of hazards. Magic Bounce Pokemon can't take Boomburst, so it can click Toxic Spikes fairly risk-free. V-Create deals massive damage to standard AV Regen steels, leaving them in easy range of a follow-up boomburst. It also has the power to deal 75+% to Mega Rayquaza no matter what set it is running with Espeed or Ohko with Boomburst. It's just all-around a great surprise mon!

Nihilego @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Shore Up
- Haze
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond
A totally unconventional mon, prankster Nihilego, imposterproofs my Diancie. It only takes 38% from V-create, which can easily be Prankster recovered and stalled out. It can also threaten things with a stab Sludge Wave though that is mostly to preserve Destiny Bond for another turn. This mon is my main defense against Poison Heal Mega Tar, stalling out its Shift Gear PP with haze, and not minding Knock Off terribly (most Ttars don't run Spore). It is also the last line of defense against surprise Shell Smash sweepers, which the team would otherwise lose to. Sludge Wave also deals 47+% to Audino-Mega, taking a decent chunk from it.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Psycho Boost
- Moongeist Beam
- Ice Beam

Another offensive Toxic Spikes setter, Mewtwo usually doesn't end up setting up the Toxic Spikes, but they have come in handy on a few occasions after Diancie has sacrificed itself to remove the annoying Steel type that spun them away. Like Diancie, it forces many switches, and withPsychic Surge and Ice Beam, it can KO any variant of Rayquaza. That, and Zygarde-C, are both serious problems for the team, and having a reliable revenge killer to surprise and KO them (most people would never expect Ice Beam on a psysurge MMY) is invaluable for turning games around. Psycho Boost has insane raw power, and Moongeist Beam, though almost never used, handles Sturdy Shedinja. Dialga Imposterproofs this set easily, making it even nicer. Not having to put a Ground/Fire/Fighting move on it, thanks to all the other Steel lures I am running, is nice as well.
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete: 400-472 (62.8 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

Beedrill-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Trick
- V-create

This is the unsung hero of the team. The mon which you disguise it as is super important; carefully judge which mon on the opponent team will give you the most trouble either by spinning your spikes or walling the rest of the team, and use Beedril to beat it. if used correctly, Beedril will almost always be guaranteed a KO thanks to illusion, even if the opponent knows it's Illusion, because of the immediate threatening presence of Beedril. Thanks to the Choice band, it can almost OHKO MMY, easily blast through Steels with V-Create, or cripple a predicted Shell Smasher with Trick. Gunk Shot is a STAB move to snipe Fairies but Venoshock on Gengar should be able to take care of most of them too, and you shouldn't rely on the move because of its' crappy accuracy. It also can blast Mega Sceptile with U-Turn, surprising it. Be very careful about preserving the surprise value, as it's your ace in the hole a lot of the time, that means don't switch it into Stealth rock because the opponent will see that it lost 25% health and know the game is up. Still, you can cripple the switchin with Trick, and almost nothing will be happy receiving a Choice Band.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-656775077
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-656743759
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-656737183
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-656362388
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-656305718
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-656263658 the team demolishing moragrim stall

Threat list:
*Mega Tar and Regigigas with Poison Heal: Sets up Poison Heal and there's little I can do about it besides PP stalling it out with Nihilego. Gives opponent a free switch
*Primal Kyogre: Just have to wear it down, the Assault Vest variant is really annoying especially. Determining the set it's running is integral to beating it.
*Magic Guard mons: Many of them run things like Light of Ruin along with a setup move which can OHKO Dialga after boosting. Nihilego can Destiny Bond on them, but that's it.
*Opposing Dialga: Offensive sets can be worn down by my offensive mons like Diancie and MMY, then walled by my own Dialga as long as it doesn't switch into a Core Enforcer. Tail Glow + Doom Desire does a number to anything at +3, even my own Dialga. AV regen sets are really annoying, as Boomburst from Diancie fails to 2hKO, and I have no move to hit it supereffectively on the team. Still, it's hardly ran.
*Fur Coat Chansey: Fur Coat Chansey can shrug off poison, especially since I usually opt for only a single layer of Toxic Spikes. My only hope is to trick the Eviolite from it with beedrill to shut down the physical bulk then KO with Beedril or Diancie.

Nice team.
There are some threats that you aren't accounting however:
FF steels walls you forever. You can't touch them.
You have nothing for norm gengar. If it boosts it is over, as beedril won't outspeed. It can play around prankster too.

Then nihilego is terrible. I understand that it is your diancie improof, but it doesn't really deal with anything. Prankster does, but it is independent from the mon. Also sludge bomb > sludge wave. You aren't killing anything with that extra 5 power, but the poison chance is noticeable on bomb.

Hmm, maybe switch to a fighting move on Beedril to stop FF steels, Gengar can weaken FF Aegislash to the point where it can die to something else hmm.

I couldn't find any better Prankster- running improof than Nihilego even after going through the list of all fire and all poison types that might actually do it. I need prankster to handle Shell Smash mons, that is non-negotiable, so steel types are out. I even tried Volcanian but it's even more passive than Nihilego is, so I think Nihilego is overall better. I could possibly replace gunk shot with Close Combat on Mega Beedrill as that deals 80% minimum to 252/252 neutral Registeel (most FF Registeels are specially defensive), but the move is easy to play around. Though that does cripple it for the rest of the match so it can no longer switch in on any hit from anything.

I would recommend finding space for either Secret Sword or Moongeist Beam on Gengar. The former hits Tyranitar and Chansey super hard and is your best option vs Registeel, the latter does more consistent damage to toxic spikes-immune mons like Solgaleo and Mega Rayquaza on switch. Also, I recommend running U-Turn on Dialga since the damage difference will almost always be negligible and once they know you're using it opponents can just bring in ground types and do whatever they want while you switch out manually. Other than those two things, nice team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)