Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Phat Albert is a john

Introduction

hi welcome to my newest rmt

from the title you might expect that this team doesn't need much improvement but that's really not the case. i hate those people who are always like "the ladder doesn't matter" like man you don't matter lol but even though it did get to #1 i feel like there's some improvements that need to be made.

this is honestly probably the best team i have right now and i want to take it on the suspect ladder and have a good time and get reqs and maybe go undefeated, but i can't do that without your help.

Teambuilding Process

started with giratina o because that's what i was testing out at the time. the basic idea was that it could pick up kills with stakeout and eliminate answers to normalize gengar

after this i added a normalize gengar what did you expect lol

i already had giratina o so i figured i might as well go for the full "stupid meme" loadout and added flash fire shiftry. in the end it somehow worked well

i wanted a secondary fairy resist (gengar is a wincon) so ho oh seemed to do the job. it's my favorite fairy resist, because if rocks are off the field it just beats every fairy easily. steels die to coverage.

imposter chansey is just that good

i needed a slow pivot to get my mons in safely. although i could use shiftry to block spore this seemed a bit unreliable (also lovely miss existed for no reason) so i went with ph mega audino and changed ho oh to prankster to circumvent sr to some extent

The Team

Giratina-Origin @ Draco Plate
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Judgment
- Final Gambit
- Circle Throw
- Strength Sap
the star of the team. most people's normalize gengar answers are things like revelation dance yveltal, magic bounce mega audino, that stuff. giratina naturally draws in these answers and kills them with final gambit.

back when stakeout was legal i used a set of moongeist/circle throw/sap/final gambit which worked better than this one although magic bouncers could be annoying. i'm concerned that giratina doesn't exert enough pressure without stakeout, because for example now my opponent could just switch to their ph kyogre on the final gambit with no risk at all and have a completely different mon as their normalize check.

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Entrainment
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Boomburst
this is a pretty standard normalize gengar set. it's the late game sweeper i chose to pair with giratina. the point of the set is basically to give opposing mons entrainment to automatically wall them unless they have judgment/revelation dance/some other stuff and set up with quiver dance.

Shiftry @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Careful Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Spore
- U-turn
flash fire shiftry's role is to discourage the use of dumb stuff like spore, tinted lens v create, and specs psycho boost. it's my way of saying that i'm sick of preparing for that stuff so here's a soft check.

i mean shiftry usually doesn't completely wall these mons because they usually have some other dumb move so i like to keep it in the back so they're more hesitant to click their stab moves

knock off + spore is the crux of the set, it allows shiftry to harass fat teams and gain momentum with u turn

Ho-Oh @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Glare
- Lava Plume
- Shore Up
prankster ho oh is a useful defensive glue mon offering a check to guys like sceptile. prankster glare will get you out of most bad situations. lava plume is used for its high pp of 24 and its useful 30% burn chance, making ho oh less passive.

something interesting is that shiftry completely imposter proofs ho oh due to flash fire and its prankster immunity. this can be useful if you want to spore some guys

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Final Gambit
- Shore Up
eviolite chansey looked like the best option because it could pressure both offensive and defensive teams. another reason i chose it is because it also helps check threatening wallbreakers and stuff like sheer force mega mewtwo y. the moves are used for the scenarios where chansey is unable to transform (fake out breaks illusion, whirlwind forces out substitute mons and decreases its passivity).

Audino-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- U-turn
- Slack Off
- Defog
sleep users looked like a problem (and shiftry was my ghost resist) so i added a poison heal audino for utility. it offers a useful slow u-turn because it's at level 98, underspeeding most other audino. defog is incredibly useful to support the rest of the team against hazard stacking.

when i initially chose poison heal i was a bit skeptical of its usefulness but it proved its worth in improving audino's survivability. i found myself needing to click recover a lot less and it was incredible for keeping momentum.

Conclusion

thanks for reading my rmt. i honestly don't think it was that good but i did my best. leave a rate if you want. hope you have a good day!

Giratina-Origin @ Draco Plate
Ability: Turboblaze
Shiny: Yes
Hasty Nature
- Judgment
- Final Gambit
- Circle Throw
- Strength Sap

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Normalize
Timid Nature
- Entrainment
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Boomburst

Shiftry @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Careful Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Spore
- U-turn

Ho-Oh @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Glare
- Lava Plume
- Shore Up

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Final Gambit
- Shore Up

Audino-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Level: 98
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- U-turn
- Slack Off
- Defog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)