Other Metagames [BH] THE CRUSHER

how do you feel about this team not having any heat mons on it

• Total voters

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
THE CRUSHER

Introduction

I'm back. This is my first RMT in quite a while, because OMPL isn't exactly the best time to put effort into writing up teams to be seen publicly lol. Anyway, this is probably my best team in the entirety of Gen 7 BH, so I thought it was worth posting here. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy it.

Teambuilding Process

4 Attacks Sheer Force Mega Mewtwo Y looked like a good choice thanks to its powerful coverage, allowing it to 2HKO at worst nearly any foe. Imposter-proofing it was a challenge, because Pokemon like Volt Absorb Mega Gyarados were otherwise suboptimal. Shedinja, on the other hand, provided a solid wall as well as a secondary method of applying pressure, and it didn't lose momentum having to recover.

All Shedinja teams need a Magic Bounce user. Magearna looked like an interesting choice, because it had comparatively low bulk but a great typing. It turned out to be a great choice.

Imposter isn't strictly mandatory on Shedinja teams, but it's still very good because of its scouting capabilities. I went with Choice Scarf because it could reliably revenge kill opposing sweepers off a KO or a slow pivot.

The team lost to Mega Gengar and lacked a good switchin for special attackers in general, so I added RegenVest Primal Kyogre as a general special wall.

Physical attackers like Choice Band Kartana, Mega Mewtwo X, and Dusk Mane Necrozma were problematic, so I added Prankster Aegislash as a check to these. However, it just wasn't bulky enough even with the advantageous typing, so I switched to Giratina.

The Team

@

Ability- Prankster

EVs- 252 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Def | 252 SpA | 252 SpD | 252 Spe

IVs- 0 Atk

Nature- Bold

Strength Sap | Core Enforcer | Milk Drink | Haze

Giratina shuts down all kinds of physical attackers, from Choice Band Mega Mewtwo X to Belly Drum Kartana. Core Enforcer helps it damage the threats it's meant to handle, and it comes with the helpful side effect of suppressing opposing abilities. I originally had Will-O-Wisp in the first slot to deal with Choice Band users that 2HKO on the switch, but it was inaccurate and it gave up momentum if they switched out to a special attacker. Strength Sap luckily fixes this issue by restoring Giratina's HP and preventing attackers from breaking through it if they decide to stay in. Milk Drink is a backup recovery move to prevent Dark-types, Dazzling, and Magic Bounce from cutting off Giratina's recovery.

@

Ability- Sheer Force

EVs- 252 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Def | 252 SpA | 252 SpD | 252 Spe

Nature- Hasty

Bolt Strike | Psychic | Ice Beam | Earth Power

Sheer Force Mega Mewtwo Y is one of the best Pokemon in the metagame. It can threaten the OHKO on offensive and defensive Pokemon alike, such as Kartana, Zygarde-C, Red Orb Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Mega Rayquaza, while most others get 2HKOed. Psychic is chosen over Sludge Wave because it's a more safe attack, dealing solid damage to Pokemon not weak to Mega Mewtwo Y's other attacks.

Mewtwo's role on the team might be questioned here, because it certainly stands out when compared to its more defensive teammates. To put it simply, it beats the opposing team instead of waiting for them to beat themselves. Additionally, it can put in work against more threatening offensive teams by pressuring them.

@

Ability- Regenerator

EVs- 252 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Def | 252 SpA | 252 SpD

IVs- 0 Spe

Nature- Sassy

U-turn | Revelation Dance | Spectral Thief | Core Enforcer

RegenVest Primal Kyogre is my switchin for countless special attackers, including Choice Specs and Triage Mega Rayquaza, all variants of Mega Gengar, Poison Heal Xerneas, Primal Kyogre, offensive Dialga, and some variants of Mega Mewtwo Y. Thanks to its almost unmatched special bulk, it can take boosted attacks from these threats and take them on even factoring in sleep. Regenerator is also a really nice ability to have, especially against Choice Specs Mega Rayquaza, which 2HKOs with Boomburst (usually, you switch to Kyogre to scout, then go to Shedinja if they click Boomburst)

U-turn is almost mandatory on RegenVest users to maintain momentum. Revelation Dance is a good STAB move that hits Normalize Mega Gengar. Spectral Thief helps beat Pokemon that use boosting moves, like Poison Heal Xerneas and Triage Mega Rayquaza. Core Enforcer is less mandatory, but it offers good neutral coverage, and the ability removal is useful.

@

Ability- Magic Bounce

EVs- 252 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Def | 252 SpA | 252 SpD

IVs- 0 Spe

Nature- Relaxed

U-turn | Worry Seed | Defog | Shore Up

Magic Bounce Magearna has the best of both worlds between Magic Bounce Registeel and Mega Audino: its Steel typing is great for immunity to poison and resistance to Poison Heal Regigigas's Facade, while the Fairy typing gives it a secondary Bug resistance and a very useful Dark resistance, and it leaves it neutral to Fighting-type attacks, helping it take on Stealth Rock Poison Heal Mega Mewtwo X. The only downsides are the lack of bulk and the higher Speed stat.

U-turn helps get in a Pokemon like Imposter or Mega Mewtwo Y against a Pokemon forced out by Magearna. Worry Seed shuts down Poison Heal Regigigas and Slaking, while also preventing Mold Breaker users from keeping hazards up by ignoring their ability. Defog removes hazards that have gotten up, and is used on Magearna because it doesn't really fit on any other Pokemon. Shore Up keeps Magearna healthy.

@

Ability- Imposter

EVs- 252 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Def | 252 SpD | 252 Spe

Nature- Jolly

Final Gambit | Trick | Soft-Boiled | Whirlwind

Choice Scarf Imposter serves two main roles on this team: scouting opposing sets, and forcing out offensive Pokemon, acting as a counter sweeper against foes like Contrary users if necessary. Choice Scarf is crucial in matchups against offensive teams, because it removes Blissey's reliance on speed ties.

Final Gambit can be used to force a trade if needed, but it shouldn't be used hastily. Trick can cripple defensive threats by locking them into an attack while removing Blissey from the same hindrance. Soft-Boiled keeps Blissey healthy. Whirlwind phazes foes that are behind a substitute. Remember, these moves won't be available most of the time, because Blissey will usually be transformed into another Pokemon.

If so desired, Chansey can be used instead for the ability to bluff Eviolite or Lucky Punch as well as the benefits it derives from being tricked these items. However, I personally prefer Blissey for the slightly higher base HP, which can be crucial against opposing Final Gambit Imposter Chansey.

@

Ability- Sturdy

EVs- 42 HP | 252 Atk

IVs- 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe

Nature- Brave

U-turn | Endeavor | Extreme Speed | Stealth Rock

Shedinja practically holds the team together. It imposter-proofs literally every other member, and it prevents Pokemon that would otherwise break the team from standing a chance against it. Additionally, it acts as a solid win condition: if the opponent's Shedinja checks are fainted or in Extreme Speed range, Shedinja wins by spamming Endeavor + Extreme Speed.

U-turn makes use of Shedinja's great utility as a pivot. For example, Shedinja can U-turn on a switched in Mega Gengar to bring in Mega Mewtwo Y. Endeavor helps Shedinja break by lowering the foe's HP to 1, unless it's a Ghost-type. Extreme Speed picks off 1 HP foes, even Prankster users, and knocks out Poison Heal users like Xerneas even after the 12.5% recovery. Stealth Rock allows Shedinja to get hazards against essentially any team that doesn't have a Magic Bounce Ghost-type. If Shedinja is copied by Imposter, Magearna can prevent hazards thanks to Imposter's high HP rendering Endeavor useless.

Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed this RMT. It's not a very exciting team, and it's not my favorite to use, but it undeniably gets the job done. If you're planning to pick it up and take it for a spin on the ladder, I've included a couple of resources below.
Mega Mewtwo Y: Imposter beats nearly all variants, but I wouldn't advise hard switching it in because of Contrary, which can potentially 1v1 if you switch in on a Special Attack-boosting move. Instead, try to pivot it in with another Pokemon, or hard switch it once you've figured out that they don't have Contrary. The key to beating Mega Mewtwo Y is knowing its set, keeping Imposter healthy, and playing from there.

Mega Rayquaza: Mega Rayquaza has many different sets, but all have counterplay on the team. Giratina can eat even a Choice Band Tough Claws Dragon Ascent from physical variants. Primal Kyogre can scout Choice Specs Aerilate variants' attack, and switch to Shedinja if it's anything but Moongeist Beam. If hazards are up, it's a harder matchup, but remember that Boomburst doesn't outspeed and OHKO any Pokemon from full health, so keep your team healthy and you should be fine. Triage has a chance of breaking through Primal Kyogre with lucky sleep rolls, but Imposter can revenge kill (Substitute + sleep + Tail Glow is walled by Shedinja). Mixed Aerilate is interesting, because it has different counterplay based on its moves: No Sunsteel/Moongeist/Photon/Magma Storm is walled by Shedinja, no coverage is walled by Magearna, no Fake Out is checked by Mega Mewtwo Y. As long as you know the set, you should be okay. Remember to scout with less valuable Pokemon if possible.

Mega Diancie: This Pokemon is relatively scary, but luckily most variants are walled by Shedinja. Make sure to scout for Sunsteel Strike if possible. Magic Guard + Sunsteel + Shell Smash + Focus Sash loses to Shedinja's Extreme Speed and Imposter's Sunsteel Strike, but one of these Pokemon will die in the process. (If you need both Shedinja and Blissey, you can sacrifice Giratina to keep it to +0, then revenge kill with Mega Mewtwo Y.)

Giratina/Registeel/Mega Audino/Aegislash/basically any other passive Pokemon: Magearna can most likely wall whatever they have in store. U-turn into Imposter to scout sets if you can, but beware trapping moves. Note that Ghost-types are free to switch into, because they can't trap Imposter.

Primal Kyogre: Nearly all Primal Kyogre variants are walled by RegenVest Primal Kyogre (but not all of them, so be careful!!), and all variants lacking Fur Coat, Fluffy, or Volt Absorb are OHKOed by Mega Mewtwo Y's Bolt Strike.

Kartana/Red Orb Groudon/Dusk Mane Necrozma/Mega Blaziken: All of these are walled by Giratina, save for Tinted Lens Choice Band Mega Blaziken with Drought support, which still loses 1v1 to Strength Sap. Keep Giratina healthy and you should be fine. Don't click Strength Sap recklessly if they can block it; it might be better to recover initially even if their attacks are doing more than 50%. Also worth noting is that Mega Mewtwo Y does huge damage to each of these Pokemon.

Mega Mewtwo X: Mega Mewtwo X can be tougher to deal with than the above threats because it can run mixed sets like Contrary Fleur Cannon, -ate, and Technician, which can break through Giratina. Know what set you're up against. Technician Sunsteel/Frost Breath/Storm Throw and similar sets have no counters on the team save for Imposter, but they can be limited by offensive pressure applied to the rest of the team. Remember to keep Giratina alive to deal with Shell Smash and Choice Band variants.

Dark-types (Mega Gyarados, Mega Tyranitar, Yveltal): Dark-types are usually either sweepers or utility Pokemon. Surprisingly, Giratina is the answer for Dark-type sweepers thanks to the low power of unboosted Power Trip, while Magearna handles utility variants.

Deoxys-Speed: If they're not Mold Breaker, just switch to Magearna. If they are Mold Breaker, I like to lead with Giratina and use Core Enforcer, then hard switch to Magearna. This prevents them from putting Magearna to sleep, which could potentially allow hazards to stay up.

Regigigas/Slaking: Magearna is the Pokemon you want to preserve against Poison Heal variants, because it has a crucial sleep immunity. However, Giratina should also ideally be kept alive, because variants like Belly Drum and Contrary, which break through Magearna, see use on the ladder. Mega Mewtwo Y can pick them off from about 55 to 60%, but you should probably damage calc this because it can have disastrous consequences if you miss the KO.

Arceus: Giratina can stall offensive variants out of Moongeist Beam PP and remove imposter-proof abilities like Unaware. Primal Kyogre can pivot on Boomburst and counter Multitype Ghost Arceus, although it fears Power Trip. Magearna takes about 60% from +2 Boomburst, and can handle most support variants. Try to keep Imposter alive to scout or counter sweep. Luckily, Arceus's relatively low attacking stats mean that it isn't the end of the world if you guess the set wrong.

Weather + Eviolite Imposter: Sand or Hail combined with Imposter is almost an unwinnable matchup, because the team relies on Shedinja to imposter-proof pretty much every other Pokemon. The best play is to focus on wearing down the weather setter when it has to switch in. Luckily, this combination is extremely rare.

Black Kyurem: Black Kyurem can deal huge damage to all three of Primal Kyogre, Giratina, and Magearna with Ice STAB/Bolt Strike/V-create. Mega Mewtwo Y fails to OHKO it, too. Luckily, most variants are walled by Shedinja, and Imposter is also a reliable check.

Certain Hazard Setters: Hazard setters that can set hazards against Magearna are uncommon, but not unused. The most common is Pixilate Boomburst/Extreme Speed/coverage Mega Diancie, which is walled by Shedinja but can get hazards up. Less common but more annoying is Mold Breaker + hazards + fast Parting Shot. While Magearna can usually beat Mold Breaker hazards thanks to Worry Seed, if Mold Breaker is removed, Magearna will bounce back Parting Shot and get forced out, unable to continually switch in due to hazards. Use Mega Mewtwo Y to rush down these hazard setters.

Walls for Mega Mewtwo Y/Shedinja: These are mostly limited to Magic Bounce Giratina in Shedinja's case and Fur Coat Chansey for Mega Mewtwo Y (as well as less common and reliable Pokemon like Fur Coat Cresselia and RegenVest Giratina). If these Pokemon are healthy, they can prevent Mega Mewtwo Y or Shedinja from breaking the opposing team, forcing you to rely on Imposter, the defensive core, and the other member of the pair. If the opponent has counters for both Shedinja and Mega Mewtwo Y, it's really bad.

Thousand Waves Zygarde-C: Thousand Waves Zygarde-C isn't that bad of a matchup, but it's notably more annoying than other defensive Pokemon, because you can't use Magearna or Imposter to wall it. Luckily, Mega Mewtwo Y's Ice Beam can dispose of it from full HP, unless it has Assault Vest.

World Abyss (Giratina) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Strength Sap
- Core Enforcer
- Milk Drink
- Haze

Tokyo Drift (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Absolution (Kyogre-Primal) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Revelation Dance
- Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer

Symmetry (Magearna-Original) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Worry Seed
- Defog
- Shore Up

ULTIMATE YEETMAN (Blissey) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- Trick
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind

scarab (Shedinja) @ Protective Pads
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 42 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
No krookodile 4/10

Gratz on the peak, it's nice to see some BH rmts from top players

I'll insert some criticism if I think of some

Edit:
shedinja seems a huge threat to this team. The only ways of killing it (assuming pads) are ability removal and rocks shedinja which is an L if they have a bounce ghost as you said and even without it, since it's your only hazards user most shed teams will be able to keep rocks off and pp stall out with multiple hazard removers. Not sure what the best solution to this is as everything I can think of ruins other matchups. Maybe trying to fit knock off somewhere and outplay with Magearna is the best idea. I'm not sure how opposing shed actually beats you but they have 1000 turns to give it a good try.

PH ttar with sacred fire seems a pain to deal with but it's uncommon and you can beat it with some predicts so that shouldn't keep you awake at night.

I don't like how the magic bouncer and the defogger are the same mon so anything that can get hazards up p much automatically helps to keep them up to. It feels much nicer to have the two separate so you can have a bouncer to check some rockers and a defogger who can check others and defog as it forces them out. Again, idk how to do this as it would need a major reshuffle.

Will say more when I'm less lazy

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
No krookodile 4/10

Gratz on the peak, it's nice to see some BH rmts from top players

I'll insert some criticism if I think of some

Edit:
shedinja seems a huge threat to this team. The only ways of killing it (assuming pads) are ability removal and rocks shedinja which is an L if they have a bounce ghost as you said and even without it, since it's your only hazards user most shed teams will be able to keep rocks off and pp stall out with multiple hazard removers. Not sure what the best solution to this is as everything I can think of ruins other matchups. Maybe trying to fit knock off somewhere and outplay with Magearna is the best idea. I'm not sure how opposing shed actually beats you but they have 1000 turns to give it a good try.

PH ttar with sacred fire seems a pain to deal with but it's uncommon and you can beat it with some predicts so that shouldn't keep you awake at night.

I don't like how the magic bouncer and the defogger are the same mon so anything that can get hazards up p much automatically helps to keep them up to. It feels much nicer to have the two separate so you can have a bouncer to check some rockers and a defogger who can check others and defog as it forces them out. Again, idk how to do this as it would need a major reshuffle.

Will say more when I'm less lazy
hey thanks for the rate

opposing shed haven't been too much of a problem, because for the most part i can wall them with shed/giratina/imposter, and sr shed + bounce giratina is really annoying but not an auto loss because i can at least potentially bounce back sr and go from there.

ph sacred fire ttar loses to ogre if you don't mind av being knocked off, and giratina is kind of able to handle it as well (knock off does a ton, but you just have to core it once).

as for the bouncer and the defogger, i can kinda see what you mean, but using the same mon also has some benefits. for example, it helps me beat mold breaker hazard users with worry seed into defog. if i was using worry seed + defog separately from bounce, i'd be in trouble if the mon could break either one of these mons, but luckily i only have to worry about it being able to break magearna.

ideally, it would be bounce defog + a secondary defog user, so if you really want no hazards you can try that. probably wouldn't work on this team though because literally nothing else can run defog lol

thanks again, see you later

ph sacred fire ttar loses to ogre if you don't mind av being knocked off, and giratina is kind of able to handle it as well (knock off does a ton, but you just have to core it once).
One of the reasons I specifically mention ttar is with your fast tina you can't core them unless they boost, so I would consider making it underspeed adamant ttar at least, even if you want to outspeed other slow dragons to KO them if they get complacent and don't stay healthy. I know ttar doesn't immediately threaten you with no boosts once it removes the item but knock off has a lot of pp and especially if they're lucky and catch you with sacred fire it'll really burn through your recovers. You're right about Pogre beating it and I didn't really think about that but it's hardly ideal.

Actually I have a few questions, while I have a team on the similar track as this. How would you deal with mold breaker arc with steath rock, taunt, knock and recover? Would you open the game with magearna? You do not know if arc is mold breaker or not, until the first turn it shows up. Once it sets up hazard in the first turn, it might taunt. This only takes two turns, then it might switch into sth that could do huge damage to your Magearna and Gira such as refridgerate Kyurem with ground Z or simply SFMMY. And how about being predicted of magear's worry seed, the opponent switch into his MBcer?

I am just a struggler at 1500s and this is my first time asking questions under a high ladder's RMT post. My questions might be uncourceous, but I would really like these questions to be solved cause they do worry me much. Thank you.

I know I am new, so I just thought a little bit of the questions I posted up there and made a team below. I do not know if this team is reliable enough, so if you could give some comment when you are free, it would be better than ever.
SFMMY I try

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
Actually I have a few questions, while I have a team on the similar track as this. How would you deal with mold breaker arc with steath rock, taunt, knock and recover? Would you open the game with magearna? You do not know if arc is mold breaker or not, until the first turn it shows up. Once it sets up hazard in the first turn, it might taunt. This only takes two turns, then it might switch into sth that could do huge damage to your Magearna and Gira such as refridgerate Kyurem with ground Z or simply SFMMY. And how about being predicted of magear's worry seed, the opponent switch into his MBcer?

I am just a struggler at 1500s and this is my first time asking questions under a high ladder's RMT post. My questions might be uncourceous, but I would really like these questions to be solved cause they do worry me much. Thank you.

I know I am new, so I just thought a little bit of the questions I posted up there and made a team below. I do not know if this team is reliable enough, so if you could give some comment when you are free, it would be better than ever.
SFMMY I try
hey thanks for posting

nearly all of the time, especially if they have a suicide lead like deoxys s, i lead imposter. this means i can see what the arceus is doing as well as force it out the first time with a faster taunt.

after it comes in the second time, the typical way to deal with it is to go giratina and click core enforcer, then immediately go back to magearna and try to remove hazards. if they have a more aggressive team/plays, another option is to rush them down with mmy (psychic 2hkos, although you will lose life orb in the process so you need some chip).

if they go to a magic bouncer on the worry seed, that's usually not a problem. if it doesn't likely have a trapping move, like giratina, i can just go to imposter and copy their magic bounce. vs something like anchor shot registeel, i usually go to something like gira or ogre to scout what they're trying to do, then going back to magearna is usually pretty safe.

the team isn't 100% reliable and it takes some time to get used to, but on ladder it can win most of the time i think.

hey thanks for posting

nearly all of the time, especially if they have a suicide lead like deoxys s, i lead imposter. this means i can see what the arceus is doing as well as force it out the first time with a faster taunt.

after it comes in the second time, the typical way to deal with it is to go giratina and click core enforcer, then immediately go back to magearna and try to remove hazards. if they have a more aggressive team/plays, another option is to rush them down with mmy (psychic 2hkos, although you will lose life orb in the process so you need some chip).

if they go to a magic bouncer on the worry seed, that's usually not a problem. if it doesn't likely have a trapping move, like giratina, i can just go to imposter and copy their magic bounce. vs something like anchor shot registeel, i usually go to something like gira or ogre to scout what they're trying to do, then going back to magearna is usually pretty safe.

the team isn't 100% reliable and it takes some time to get used to, but on ladder it can win most of the time i think.
Oh thank you for your reply. That strategy seems really reliable and I think I could learn something from it. Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)