-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
Image from "Stuffed Animal - Yugioh"This post will serve for discussion and voting for Innards Out in Balanced Hackmons. I will start with my thoughts about Innards Out and then I will open the floor to everyone.
Here is what I feel is an accurate summary of my thoughts on Innards Out, building off the feedback I've gotten from the community and my own experiences.
- Innards Out is a rare blanket check to almost anything in the meta, affecting even Shedinja
- Innards Out is a great introduction to BH in terms of challenging the slow-pivot based gameplay that BH really seemed to have settled into last gen. It discourages sending out a wall knowing that the opponent can't break it and blindly pressing U-turn to maintain momentum
- If the Innards Out mon's sole purpose is to come in and get killed to take down another mon, it is greatly susceptible to chip damage from status/hazards/weak moves and essentially serves as a dead slot
- With the recent change in BH, every mon can now have max HP leading to better resistance than when offensive mons could not run HP investment, which further strengthens the point just above
- Innards Out has a hard counter in Magic Guard
- BH, without any tier or clause restrictions, can alllow running multiple high base stat HP mons, including the same mon
- by minimizing defenses, mons such as Chansey can be a great foil for coming in at any time and essentially dying guaranteed to even very weak attacks and netting a kill
- Unlike Destiny Bond or even moves such as Sheer Cold, this requires little to no setup, but only timing and a guess to do on the switch
- This mechanic can be run twice in the same team because of the bounds of the ability clause
- There is no real necessity in running Innards Out only on weak but high HP Pokemon; offensive Pokemon can run otherwise impractical high-power and broad-coverage attacks and essentially can lure and force the speed tie with Chansey, taking it out in the process, or hitting a significant chunk of its HP
- Building off the previous point, it extremely unpredictable to figure out when a specific mon is running Innards out, beyond just weak high HP mons (which can also be unpredictable due to the overlap with mons that make use of Imposter)
- Building on the last point, with the recent change in BH, every mon can now have max HP leading to more mons being able to run Innards Out and act as lures
- The previous points therefore show that this ability greatly puts power into the hands of the player controlling the mon with Innards Out and has the potential to decide which targets he or she wishes to eliminate if possible, which disrupts the game matchup especially at high ladder
- motherhate vs virusmetalgreymon (transcendent god champion on smogon) High ladder matchup
- shedmiddlefinga vs RngIsCancer Assist vs Innards Out
- E4 Flint vs Dg9 Offensive Innards Out
This thread is meant for semi-serious discussion and extraneous posts will be removed.
This will be a very quick suspect and discussion post, with the poll open until Mar 20, 11:59PM, so hold onto your shells.
Clarification: There are only two options for the poll; QuickBan and Suspect. If your opinion is that IO is not banworthy you should vote for suspect which will then have a way for you to express that opinion.