-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
The latest discussion in the Suspects and Bans thread has primarily been around offense teams exploiting using multiples of the same mons or the boosting powers of Shell Smash
Quick Recap on the Arguments:
The lack of species clause allows players to make use of multiples of the same mon, something that separates BH from other metagames, which makes teambuilding much easier since the best mon for the job can be chosen. However, this has led to the rise of spamming extremely powerful and versatile spam teams using mons like GengarMega, MewtwoMegaX or RayquazaMega when it was around, that are difficult to double or triple block against and can overwhelm their opponents. Because of this, even though there are many "benign" applications of using 2-3 multiples of the same mon on both defensive and offensive teams, there is the argument of multiple mons leading to lopsided matchups.
On the other side, most of these spam teams make use of Shell Smash which greatly increases the sweeping capabilities of a mon on both sides of the spectrum, and very heavily punishes switches or scouting. The defense drops also are great to threaten Imposter on the speed tie, especially if sashes are involved. The number of boosts in general also makes Power Trip and Stored Power potent weapons. Therefore it has been brought up because of its game-swinging nature. This is also seen in Belly Drum which has been another object of contention. Both of these have also been brought up in the past in conjunction with Dazzling/Queenly Majesty creating the powerful Anti-Priority Setup (APS) which many have said unhealthily has pushed the tier into running Prankster Haze and the like on most teams.
To re-familiarize yourself with the discussion you can begin here:
Based on my own personal thoughts as well as findings from the thread I have settled on the three following choices:
Species Clause : You can only use one of each pokemon. This also means you can only use one of either the MewtwoMega's or CharizardMega's
This has been replaced with Forme Clause: You may only use one of each forme of a mon on your team. This corrects the flaw in species clause as mentioned before.
- Shell Smash: If you choose this and also wish to ban Belly Drum, make a note of it in your post, which will act as a subpoll should that option win
- Other: Vote for this option if you feel that some other action needs to be taken, or if there is no action required iyo
I will continue to use the new verification system introduced in previous polls to limit vote brigading or false positives/negatives.
- Find any alt of yours that has a [Gen 7] Balanced Hackmons rank with either a win rate of 75% after at least 50 games (rounded down), or 80 GXE after 110 games. The number of games played and gxe has to be visible (i.e. no provisional Glicko). In addition: I may require you to verify whether you really own the alt on PS.
- Post your vote for one of the 3 options above
example1 | example2 | example3
Failure to do so will invalidate your vote.
This poll will be open until Friday, October 11, 2019 (UTC -5).
This will leave scope for beginning a suspect hopefully by the following weekend, if needed.
Final Verified Tally--
Link to Results
Link to Results
- This is a suspect poll to decide what the suspect should be on, not the actual suspect.
- Based on the previous, the reqs are subject to change and I am open to feedback on them. I will clearly state if any changes need to occur. As this is just a poll I am more flexible, while the actual suspect will be much more rigid in terms of requirements. They are supposed to make it easier for players who are invested into BH to have a say rather than allow just anyone come in and vote on what we should do. The suspect itself will follow more of the conventional idea that anyone who wants to have a say on the BH meta can do so.