I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
Based on community discussion, the BH Council is beginning a suspect on Intrepid Sword. To clarify, if the vote results in a ban on Intrepid Sword, Zacian-Crowned will still be accessible via Zacian @ Rusted Sword in the teambuiler.
Intrepid Sword is by far the premier ability for physically offensive breakers. A guaranteed +1 in Attack upon entering battle makes users immediately threatening and can force specific measures of counterplay, namely Fur Coat, to be used on every team.
- Intrepid Sword gives the user a +1 boost in Attack upon entering the field, which makes it an amazing ability for physical attackers.
- This attack boost can be combined with boosting items like Choice Band and Life Orb to reach sky-high levels of physical attack.
- While harder to pull off effectively, Baton Pass teams can pass Intrepid Sword boosts to teammates and even stack boosts with multiple Intrepid Sword users. This can result in physical breakers that are very hard to defend against.
- The ability Fur Coat effectively balances the attacker’s boosts and is generally the best available counterplay to Intrepid Sword users.
- Other abilities, like Unaware, can occasionally check Intrepid Sword users but generally aren’t bulky enough to stomach Choice Band or Life Orb boosted moves like V-create and Bolt Beak.
- Both of these abilities can also be bypassed by Sunsteel Strike and Photon Geyser, which further narrows the selection of physically defensive mons to Steel- and Water-types like Zamazenta-Crowned and Suicune.
- Since Intrepid Sword gives the user a stat boost, other counterplay is available to deal with the stat boost like Spectral Thief, Haze, and Topsy-Turvy, all of which are commonplace in the metagame.
- Unlike other offensive abilities (Tough Claws, Adaptability), Intrepid Sword announces itself upon entering battle, which is beneficial to the defending team as it gives them more information about the attacker’s set.
- Due to Intrepid Sword’s mechanics, Imposter is also somewhat reliable counterplay to Intrepid Sword users because Imposter is boosted to +2 Attack upon transforming into the Intrepid Sword user.
- This makes for a very powerful and usually much bulkier threat for the Intrepid Sword user to deal with and can potentially result in a loss of momentum for the Intrepid Sword user.
- Imposter is not a surefire check to Intrepid Sword, though, as it can’t directly switch into powerful boosted attacks from threats like Zacian-Crowned and Zamazenta multiple times and is prone to being worn down.
- We will be using the new suspect process laid out by Zarel here (aka no COIL).
- ***NEW PLEASE READ***The voting requirements are a minimum GXE of 82 with at least 40 games played. In addition, you may play 1 less game for every 0.267 GXE (rounded up in table) you have above 82 GXE, down to a minimum of 25 games at a GXE of 86.
Minimum # of games
- Do so by making a new alt with the sequence “IS” in it anywhere, but not separated.
- The alt must have a creation date on or after November 9, 2020
Where?gen8bh IS good (Acceptable)
Intrepid Sword suk (Unacceptable)
You must post your proof of reqs in this thread and play your games on the main pokemonshowdown.com sim.
Intrepid Sword will be allowed in the ladder for the duration of this suspect; I would recommend using it as much as you can to get a feel of how it is in the meta and have a good idea of if it is broken/unhealthy, or if it is perfectly manageable after all.
- Post your proof of reqs and, if you wish, your stance on the matter briefly, in this thread. Read the following CAREFULLY on how to do so:
- Post in this thread if you have any questions about THIS SUSPECT PROCESS.
- Post your stance on the matter in this thread without proof of requirements (This should be posted in the main thread instead)
- Post anything in this thread unrelated to this suspect (with or without proof)
This suspect period will last until November 24, 2020 (<- this link will show how much time is left) We will try to begin the voting process immediately after confirming some other details on how it will be done and posting the Voter ID Thread similar to past suspects.
- 82 GXE after 40 games with a new alt (READ THE NEW REQUIREMENTS)
- “IS” alt with image proof IN THIS THREAD
- Intrepid Sword ALLOWED on ladder
- DEADLINE: November 24, 2020
Tagging The Immortal to setup suspect and announcement on PS ladder games. Thank you!