SS OU big™ fish™ big™ damage™ (amazing 1427 peak!!!)

somebody make me a banner so i can put it here

Introduction

wassup gamers, im reviving my account from the dead to make a rmt so i dont fail the pokemon class im taking, so enjoy.
so, yall remember when dracovish was terrorizing ou, with its big™ damage™ fishious rend? well, i wanted to relive that nostalgia by using arctovish instead. there's a couple of flaws that make it difficult for arctovish to hustle with the big boys in OU:
  • its slow as balls with its 55 base speed
  • its ice/water typing along with mediocre bulk means that it takes hits as well as freaking marshmallow
so, my team is built around trying to get the fish to get around this flaws and do big™ damage™.

Teambuilding Process

i would give you the team building process but im lazy so here's the final result:
:arctovish: :landorus-therian: :ninetales-alola: :kartana: :tapu-koko: :volcarona:

Team
a hyper offensive team based around getting the fish to deal as much damage as it can. for the most part, strategy is pretty linear. suicide lead -> screen setter -> fish/other breaker. team detracts from the usual hyper offensive script by abusing screens to force defensive switch ins and pivots. essentially, get fish in, deal damage, then get it out mr president style.

:ss/arctovish:
Arctovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend

the one, the only, fish. the fish is quite versatile. you can send him in early to weaken some walls, or send him in later to clean up. after you set up screens, hail, and weaken some mons, you send the fish in to press the big™ damage™ button and watch the enemy's team melt like butter. adamant and choice band for maximum damage, since based on my totally intensive testing, i found that there aren't any mons that the fish needs to outspeed with jolly. moveset is self explanatory. the only reason to send the fish in is to use the big™ damage™ button anyway, so the fish doesn't need any other moves.

:ss/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

standard suicide lead. set up rocks then blow it up. swords dance is useful tech to set up against common physical wall switchins such as slowbro and toxapex and blow them up (fun fact: a +2 explosion ohkos a max defense invested slowbro. (well i think. i would give you the calc, but im too lazy to do it.)). focus sash has surprising synergy with sd, allowing you to take a hit to set up a sd before exploding. after you blow up landorus, you should switch in:

:ss/ninetales-alola:
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Hypnosis

standard screens and hail set up mon. its solewell actually not sole purpose is to be support for the fish. you wanna set up veil, hypnosis a mon then switch it out. ive been debating on whether or not to put in icy rock over light clay for more hail turns, but extra screen turns have proven very useful. max durability set in order to survive to try to set up multiple veils, although with a distinct lack of hazard control, it will get worn down very quickly. in the later stages of the match, after setting screens and hail you can directly switch into arctovish, if its healthy enough, to begin pressing the big™ damage™ button.

:ss/kartana:
Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

revenge killer of the team. it can also serve as the clean up in a pinch with its beast boost, as well as a defensive pivot if its under screens due to its nice typing. send this mon in after the fish wreaks havoc, or use it to take a hit to deal some surprising amount of damage. main moves to spam are leaf blade and smart strike, but knock off is useful for dismantling defensive teams.

:ss/tapu-koko:
Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

offensive pivot for the team as well as secondary breaker with electric surge thunderbolt. chosen specifically to check toxapex, slowbro and other water type defensive walls. under veil, it serves as a nice defensive switch in with its ability to roost, although i prefer to u-turn or deal damage most times to minimize the number of wasted turns under veil. tapu allows for opportunities to get the fish in by with its ability to get some cheeky u-turns. try to deal damage with it if you can, or use it to bait switch ins and get some offensive tempo with u-turn.

:ss/volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

the actual sweeper, but also a check for grass type counters to the fish such as kartana and ferrothorn. aside from threatening switchins to those mons, i typically send in volcarona later in the match to clean up weakened mons. although veil allows it to serve as a decent breaker after it gets some quiver dances up. offensive spread for max damage and speed, but i am considering a more bulky invested set should prolly do some damage calcs to check min spa evs to ohko a ferrothorn or something idk. prolly just ohkos it outright, but ofc im too lazy to check.

Conclusion
so theres the team. here's the importable if for some reason you wanna tank your elo with this jank team.

also have some replays that are completely useless and show nothing about how the team works. they do show fish sweeps that can happen, so thats cool.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1286677279-z0kd8t530ctsir4info0bazv2xaviy9pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1289933748
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1294744833

fun fact, these replays are in chronological order, so you can see how my team evolved as i did my testing. no replays on the latest iteration of the team, because i forgot to record them.

proof, if you didn't believe me (i know its an amazing peak):

peak.png

Last edited:
thanks for your constructive(?) criticism. i'm not sure if you've noticed but the post is very memey. the "1427" peak is mainly a joke. that being said, i'm still going to maintain the team structure, despite how "flawed" it is. the fact that it already has a PU mon makes it suboptimal. if i wanted to make a optimal team, i'd probably choose the top 6 most used ou mons and call it a day. i don't intend to climb to high ladder, so i'm fine with the "mediocre" team structure. i am open to suggestions regarding changing team members though.

Last edited:
thanks for your constructive(?) criticism. i'm not sure if you've noticed but the post is very memey. the "1427" peak is mainly a joke. that being said, i'm still going to maintain the team structure, despite how "flawed" it is. the fact that it already has a PU mon makes it suboptimal. if i wanted to make a optimal team, i'd probably choose the top 6 most used ou mons and call it a day. i don't intend to climb to high ladder, so i'm fine with the "mediocre" team structure. i am open to suggestions regarding changing team members though.
Sounds good, honestly I can't tell what's a joke or not with the people in this forum so good to note lmao, my bad.

:psywoke:

This team is looking good, only 2 minor advice

1. Add more move to Vish like Icicle Crash, Crunch, Psychic Fang, etc. You wasted 3 moveslot
2. Change ninetales moonblast with hail, you don't need another attack since she is hp invested, not SpA, and you need to change weather back if you find something like pelipper, torkoal, tyranitar, or hippo to keep hail in active

I hope this is helpful for you

1. Add more move to Vish like Icicle Crash, Crunch, Psychic Fang, etc. You wasted 3 moveslot
2. Change ninetales moonblast with hail, you don't need another attack since she is hp invested, not SpA, and you need to change weather back if you find something like pelipper, torkoal, tyranitar, or hippo to keep hail in active

why use all those silly extra moves when you can have B I G D A M A G E

fish only need fishious rend
fishious rend go brr

the ninetales suggestion is pretty interesting, i'll definitely try that. I do struggle a bit with other weather setters, so hail should definitely help

thanks for the suggestions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)