Big Bad Bibbles [OU RMT]

#################################################
INTRO
Hi, this is my team. You may not think it's that good because I'm not top ten in Shoddy Battle or anything, thats because I'm planning to use this team on WIFI as I prefer it's pictures, movie clips and the training, trading and breeding needed to get there. I based this team on Lucario and Jirachi, my two favourite pokemon, and for good reason. I've made a number of teams but this one has worked out best for me by far.

AT A GLANCE:

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

THE TEAM

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Relaxed
Evs: 240 hp / 216 def / 52 spa
Ivs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Stealth Rock
Roar
Ice Beam
Earthquake

Swampert is a great mixed lead, in my opinion anyway. It's main job is to get Stealth Rock up either early or at least mid game which it does phenomenally well...although I could be half asleep and keep him in on a Grass Knot. After it has set up Stealth Rock it can proceed to Roar in the case of the opponent setting up or because I can't harm the opponent in any serious way, or it could either use Ice Beam or Earthquake to take out as many dragons and stuff as it can before dying. The Relaxed nature is to promote it's defence which it needs as a bulky lead. I've just gotta say Torrent is completely useless but never mind. With most of my team benefiting from the Stealth Rock damage possibly built up from the Roaring it is a great asset to my team which can only be replaced with something that does the same job much better...oh wait there is no pokemon that can do that. Swampert is a unique lead that does exactly what it needs to to support my team. If im wrong which I probably am punch me, softly.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 spa / 252 spe / 4 def
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Trick

Gengar is my awesome special sweeper paired with awesome coverage. With these three offensive moves Gengar can hit every OU for at least neutral damage which is very important to Gengar because of its low defences. One of Gengars jobs which is not entirely what I chose him for was I can lure out Scizors ready to kill Gengar with BP or I could be exterminated by Pursuit, then I can switch to Gyarados and set up. As well as this Gengar can also block Explosions and Rapid Spins which are really annoying. With high base spa and spe paired with a Timid nature this makes one of the fastest most dangerous threats in OU and with Trick and excellent coverage too this is not a pokemon to be messed with. With Trick Gengar becomes Uber and destroying walls like Blissey which is a common switch in to Gengar. This guy also helps with the two ground weaknesses that I have and the one fighting weakness. This thing can switch in on all sorts of attacks and get an attack in on a slower pokemon for a OHKO. A major help to my team.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
Evs:
108 att / 100 def / 156 hp / 144 spe
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Waterfall
Ice Fang

Gyarados is my Dragon Dancing sweeper that loves to switch in on Scizor and set up. Gyarados is primarily my Dragon Dance sweeper but also works well as a Scizor and Heatran counter which are just a few of the countless more. This is one of the only pokemon in my collection who approaches the battle with a more defensive strategy as the power and speed can come with the Dragon Dances. After this thing has had one or two dances it becomes a monster stopping at nothing, not even Starmie or Jolteon (Gyarados's arch enemies) if Gyarados is fast enough. I chose Ice Fang over Stone Edge as I really hate moves with low accuracy, I really can't stand them, plus Ice Fang hits dragons and stuff much harder where Stone Edge could not. Taunt helps with Skarmory and Blissey as the Taunt will really mess up Spikes and Thunder Waves rendering walls useless muahahaha. This beast also works well with my other pokemon especially Lucario and Jirachi as he resists all their weaknesses and in return whatever Gyarados can't beat, Jirachi or Lucario can easily. With the almighty ability Intimidate it can make all physical sweepers much less scary for a short while which enourmously helps my frail pokemon to sweep.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 att / 180 spe / 76 hp
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Punch
U-Turn

Flygon is my awesome revenge killer obviously holding a Choice Scarf. Thanks to Levitate and its good resistances to fire and ground this killer earned a place on my team. Garchomps little brother is almost as good as Garchomp himself, in a different way. With Outrage and Earthquake theres almost nothing that wont be affected by these amazingly powerful STABed attacks. With Fire Punch he can hit Scizor for super effective damage and kill many more like forretress. U-Turn permits Flygon to come in and out against Azelfs and Starmies which will really wear the enemy down. The Adamant nature makes up for the not so great attack stat but coupled with the speed of the Choice Scarf this pokemon can race anything to a good OHKO. With its attacks and excellent STAB moves (Outrage and Earthquake) which go over 150 power each this is definitely not a pokemon to underestimate, it might just be the last thing you ever do.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 hp / 80 spa / 176 spe
Ivs: 31 / 23 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 31
Flash Cannon
Thunderbolt
Substitute
Calm Mind

The Calm Mind variant of Jirachi. With Flash Cannon and Thunderbolt this set provides excellent coverage and amazing defences creating an almost flawless pokemon. Jirachi has 100 in all his base stats making him one of the most flexible pokemon imaginable. With Thunderbolt Jirachi can take out major threats like Gyarados and maybe Scizor in two hits as Scizor will not be able to harm it much with Bullet Punch. Jirachi also has excellent typing which provides some key immunities and resistances and along with all the other pokemon this one fits in nicely. With Substitute and Calm Mind this set can really annoy Blissey muahahaha and I really hate Blissey so that's good. The only other thing I can say about Jirachi is that it's so cute and the rest is pretty self explanatory and no one can say this set is not good if they have faced it before.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 att / 252 spe / 4 hp
Ivs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Swords Dance
Close Combat
ExtremeSpeed
Ice Punch

Lucario is my late game sweeper and most prized possession on the team. When Lucario sets up with a +2 attack boost pretty much nothing stands in its way as all birds and dragons are koed by Ice Punch, faster frail pokemon should be owned by ExtremeSpeed and anything thats slower than Lucario and not resistant to fighting is no doubt OHKOd by Close Combat even SkarmBliss is afraid of a Swords Danced Lucario as it rips through teams like tin foil. ExtremeSpeed is used for frail pokemon like Infernape killing them in one go thanks to Swords Dance, Close Combat does exactly the same but for slower pokemon and Close Combat has one hundred more power and thats only if it's hitting neutrally. Without the icy Ice Punch I wouldn't be able to hit Dragons and flying things very hard...so I went for Ice Punch as I outspeed all neutral natured base 100 and Jolly mamoswine. No doubt the best late game sweeper in OU and pretty much all the other tiers. This pokemon with this set can potentially sweep a whole team so watch out!

##################################################
THANKS FOR READING AND RATING
##################################################

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Hello, this is a good team, and the main problem i can see is movesets.

First of all, in Gyarados, you _need_ Stone Edge buddy. Yeah, you will outspeed Starmie, but you wont be able to touch it, and it will OHKO you. Same boat for opposite Gyarados, Suicunes, etc. Stone Edge > Ice Fang is really important.

Now into Lucario, I would really just go with Adamant, reason? Lets take a look at the Base 100 pokes:

Celebi
Jirachi
Zapdos
Tentacruel
Flygon
Salamence

Of this: Salamence runs Naive/Jolly more often than not. Tentacruel has no bussiness in Lucario, and barely ever runs max speed. Celebi is never maxed, so Adamant cuts it. Flygon is _always_ maxed. Zapdos is never maxed anyways, although this could be the only reason to run Jolly. Jirachi runs at least 308 speed to beat every Lucario.

So yeah, in 90% of the cases Jolly is a waste, it doesnt even beat Gliscor, since those run 308 speed, like Jirachi, to beat Lucario.

Also, any special reason to run Shadow Claw? Crunch is better in any way.

In Flygon, max the speed. Flygon is a revenge killer, and it wont be enduring a lot of hits, so its better to max it to do what you want it to do, and thats revenge base 100s.

In Swampert, change the 52 SpA EVs into Defense or Attack, because those were only needed to get the OHKO on Garchomp.

Thats pretty much everything, good luck with your team!

Well, as this is a WiFi team, so I will try my best to rate it. The team looks good, the synergy is great, but as Rey said the movesets, especially on Lucario, are weird. If you don't want to breed to get Crunch, then I am positive somebody in the WiFi forums will trade you one for nothing at all. Thats All I can say, Gyarados needs Stone Edge too.

On Flygon, you NEED max Speed. Dump those HP EV's, in my experience Flygon dosent last to long.

Hope I helped, and Good Luck!

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

Naive DD Salamence

How to fix:

A bit troublesome and can severely dent the team. Especially those who sometimes run Dragon Claw. It switches in on locked in Flygon's Earthquake or Fire Punch and can proceed to jack up one DD. My answer to this is simply putting Jolly on Flygon with 252 Spe to speed-tie with Salamence. If that tactic is troubling you, try going for 252 Hp / 252 Def / 6 SpA. Which is generally the better choice for physical walling. You take any any Naive Outrage's will relative ease and KO back with Ice Beam w/ or without SR down, depending on EV spread.

As for other options, you might want to try Stone Edge on Gyarados. Water / Rock boasts decent coverage and it allows you to hit bulky waters and such, and hit opposing Gyarados. I'd try Adamant Lucario to get the best out of Stall breaking. Gliscor isnt a huge problem right now. gl with this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)