(Big Mafia) Vampire Mafia - Night 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
<billymills> im dracula
billyroll after yetiroll please. Dracula is unCC'd right now!

I must find the REAL Van Helsing (I have 5 claims atm) anyone who would like to enlist in helping me locate the true VH contact me I will give you a detective badge and everything its a fun time!!!

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Walrein is like the children I used to work with at Chuck E Cheeses who would put 20 tokens into a broken game before coming to tell someone it is broken, and then expecting you to give them refunds for the tokens.

"It didn't work the first 19 times but maybe THIS token is the lucky one that will fix the game."

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Walrein is like the children I used to work with at Chuck E Cheeses who would put 20 tokens into a broken game before coming to tell someone it is broken, and then expecting you to give them refunds for the tokens.

"It didn't work the first 19 times but maybe THIS token is the lucky one that will fix the game."
I came to you after the second time it failed.

Maybe YAYTears did it the other 8 times. Solution is to delete the account, re-create it, re-apply any permissions, and then re-send role PM, etc.
this is probably necessary if walrein wants to be able to log in before the update although I don't know if it's a good idea. technically I could reset the failed attempts in the database / change the password, but I'd need the alias for that and even if I did a general wipe I really don't want to log into the database because it would be really easy to come across something that would make me have to sub out. You can change his password in the admin cp, but I don't know how long the window is for failed login attempt lockout.

eta: actually this is a bad idea, don't do that because there's a really obvious way to exploit it. Just give him his PM and any other information he needs over IRC.

eta2: nvm dle/layell are smarter than i am, i forgot how the database stores those failed login attempts (for anyone wondering i've had to do this before on my own passwords...)

Last edited:

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
You can expand the failed log in amount and Walrein can log in with the new password.

EDIT: i know this works because I did it for someone in anocymous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)