NOC Bigvivor Mafia Game Thread Day 5

explain literally all your soft town reads, it looks like you are just forcing reads here, your soft scumreads are literally people who didn't continue talking
CaffeineBoost is the easiest one. He came into thread and didn't implode on sight. I pressured him a bit (which hal did put an end to), and I know he saw it but he continued to post content of roughly the same energy. While it's been a while since I've played with him, this seems like town Caff to me. Another note that occured after but further strengthens this read is Caff expressing that others can't read his game based on day 1 when he's been getting townreads. While this is the type of post I've used as scum as well, I usually would see this type of post from an easy-to-pigeonhole player that just got correctly pigeonholed and is mildly ticked off about it (speaking from experience here).

Apricity: I don't personally think that Apricity entering the thread has been particularly helpful if this is what he had in mind, so while I've not sure if he's playing a + town ev game yet, there are a few things that he's been doing that I think might be vaguely towny. One of those perhaps being tr'ing caffeine on entry which was a bit of a mind meld in that I was holding a caffeine tr in my head but pushing him in thread with the hopes that his reaction might strengthen my read. It was a read that we shared and that I had as a somewhat high confidence read already. I think its also a read that town!hal comes to similarly early based on other games.

The rest are kind of just gutteral reads so while I could try to come up with some convulated explanation to try to rationalize them, I'll instead just cite the mere exposure effect and leave it at at that.

You are already doing too much
Talk about it !
explain literally all your soft town reads, it looks like you are just forcing reads here, your soft scumreads are literally people who didn't continue talking
I have an idea in my mind as to your sequence of posts here that I hope you'll help me figure out. Did you catch up on the thread and THEN write all three posts, or did you write each post WHILE catching up on the thread?

OK I might just be omgusing you to some degree here but I find it more valuable for me to maybe express a somewhat unfair interpretation of your posts due to my biased perspective than to just say nothing but when I try to imagine somebody making those sequence of posts while catching up on the thread they seem much more performative than I would expect. Taken on its own your first post was that I was already doing too much, which okay yeah maybe, but it also 1.) leaves open the possibility or even expectation that the trend of doing too much will continue. 2.) plays into the narrative your next two posts are building. You then make a few fair but kinda surface level criticisms of my posts that don't really require any work on your part and then leave.

Conveniently, you show back up mentioning other people in thread almost instantly (<5 minutes) after I mention your name after around two hours of your last post.

OK I might just be omgusing you to some degree here but I find it more valuable for me to maybe express a somewhat unfair interpretation of your posts due to my biased perspective than to just say nothing but when I try to imagine somebody making those sequence of posts while catching up on the thread they seem much more performative than I would expect. Taken on its own your first post was that I was already doing too much, which okay yeah maybe, but it also 1.) leaves open the possibility or even expectation that the trend of doing too much will continue. 2.) plays into the narrative your next two posts are building. You then make a few fair but kinda surface level criticisms of my posts that don't really require any work on your part and then leave.

Conveniently, you show back up mentioning other people in thread almost instantly (<5 minutes) after I mention your name after around two hours of your last post.

How am I performative? And I don't get what you mean by your initial point besides for you implying that I have a negative bias towards you which may be true but I am merely observing the fact that you are showing a tendency of trying way too hard to look like an active townie. And explain what you mean by "Don't really require any work", criticisms are criticisms and I was catching up on the thread not making any hard reads. And it was pure coincidence that I came back then, while I was catching up my sister's friends dragged me downstairs for a bit. And how is that even AI? What are you trying to imply by the fact that I came back when you mentioned me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)