NOC Bigvivor Mafia Game Thread Day 5

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Low key I was more inclined to vote for the 3p before shadowpea started posting. Now I’m thinking I might be ok with sificon lighting himself plus shadow plus one other idler on fire and saving us a vote.

However, my concern is that an arsonist winning would end the game. Any chance one of the hosts could publicly answer this question: is it possible for a 3p player to win and end the game without killing all those who oppose them? In other words, is it possible for a ‘surprise victory’ to both win for the 3p and cause town to lose?

- friendly hydra

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
I still think the 3p can stay for a little bit longer. It's not in Sif's best interest to ignite on night 2.
i mainly just don’t think the claim is accurate and broaches other conditions (e.g what do we do if it’s not 6 points, etc) since it seems like a silly autowin regardless of the game

Also the other thing is if it’s actually based on post count, everyone knows how to play out of it regardless if it’s self interest or mafia spampinging their buddies. I don’t think it really… helps? Especially if the claim isn’t real lol

(sorry for late response im apparently dying in eipp sob emoji)

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
I don’t have much to say other than I don’t like this comment lol. You sound like you’re forced to vote out sificon now when you really aren’t and you’re throwing away all of your reads on the night too because “oh no we all have to vote Sificon now”

I’ve liked you the rest of the thread
Fair enough, but I think that voting Sificon is forced after that claim in that it's optimal to get the info out of them somehow.

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Clouds I get the paranoia but... does this actually impact your reads at all? Or are you just saying it as a worry? Feel like the intention with these latest posts compared to your actual hunting and figuring it out is foggy here
yes absolutely, the vast majority of reads should be logically sound and based on meta/role knowledge and i lack a ton of that, i joined this game for two reasons and one of them was to learn. the other was because of the theme

the reads on me so far have been heavily based on high bar expectations people had for me i guess lol, thanks? i'll progressively contribute more insights as the game goes along if i don't get nk'd or misflipped

I think flipping clouds > nuxl though, clouds scum flip means nuxl is town for sure and I was wrong (shocker I knoe)
do not do this, we will flip another town, and if you are also town, this strays us further from our desired end goal (:

ok i reread the last three pages, eli is probably town, I respect sam's approach to the game, ayia is still town, waiting for clouds to post the thoughts that he promised, this will be all for me from a while
ok just for you:

Town
- Clouds: i have the best role in the game, not for its power level but for its... historical significance
- Psy: claimed negative night action occurrence, strong tonal indicators that they're a new town player as opposed to new scum

Town Lean
- Celever: i've kinda started to cast doubts on this lately just from comments such as like "hope you're not pocketing me" etc. that feel almost like reverse psych and i'm the pocketed one, but cel has stated a handful of reads i've resonated with and shed light on role possibilities & other ideas that feel like they're generated from a town member as opposed to scum, and appear to have good intent on the surface
- DLE: a possible stretch because of his presence compared to the others here but posts give me "coasting town", doubt dle plays a scum game like this?
- realiti: don't see the reasoning behind a # of his reads but still think he's town based on the directed/purposeful yet careless attitude i would expect out of a realiti town game, the one thing i dislike is his "i would try harder as scum" comment because it feels like something he'd say as a scum defense even if true
- Spiderz: only concern is active defensiveness and abbreviated posts w/ stuff like "self pmeta" that could totally be scum spiderz' way of making accusations, but all other evidence points to a town spiderz and i feel like his reads have the right motivation behind them, quickly willing to dig up games where he played a certain way to serve as evidence, etc
- Whydon: likely town, doesn't lean into a dyo push and not explain reads for an entire day if he's scum probably, ^ shares some of the idgaf town attitude from above

Neutral
- Drookez: still need to iso him & i'll do that in a sec after i finish this, but don't remember any post or series of posts with enough content for me to develop a read
- Dyo: at first i was more townlean on dyo and thought the reads were baseless but whydon's post re: dyo's posts being overly polished and my own belief that he might be skimming the surface and trying not to say anything incriminating, i can see scum dyo. still don't feel strongly enough to put him in scumlean and can see how his posts would be incorrectly skewed based on what others who know him would expect from his scum playstyle
- Haruno: initial scumread, now neutral because of their vt "mason-like" role claim. felt townish, unsure how often fakeclaims like that arise
- M2H: when i say i'm hesitant to make hasty reads this was one from earlier d1 (and persists d2 as well), i thought a lot of their posts seemed overeager followed by combativeness which felt like scum levels of volatility, granted i don't know them or how they'd approach a forum maf game, but i slight scumleaned m2h based on that at first. neutral now since looking back at d1 their townreads and explanations for them, such as the one on hal, make good sense. sure, anyone can townread hal there, but the reasoning felt genuine and potentially from a town perspective
- Nuxl: here because i won't undermine eli's ability to play a good scum game and i'm sure it's strong, but the majority of his posts (especially his most recent summary one) speak town/seem purposeful. only reason i don't townlean him is it feels like he'll sometimes pull on insignificant info ex. realiti's dyo sheep vote and i can see scum eli "caring" more about things like that than town eli who doesn't dig into it. townleaned prior to this cycle, still probably the closest of the neutrals to townlean but yeah
- Ryo: inconclusive/not enough to go off of here
- Shadowpea: overwhelmingly neutral, no strong feelings in any direction
- Texas: see ryo
- Vizh: certain posts have read like extended new player scum effort to me, but unlikely to be scum with caff and since i currently sus caff, vizh goes here. also some posts feel mafia-centric as in like, considered from a scum pov before a town pov. less defensive than when he plays mindnight as scum..

Scum Lean
- CaffeineBoost: this shared sentiment amongst a few players that caff is mostly in the clear is confusing, their reads seem plausible but so many of their posts are related to things i would expect scum to be thinking about often, such as the suggest role and how it could feed into whatever iteration of a vigilante we have. i mentioned overeagerness when talking about m2h and i think it applies more to caff than them tbh. even smaller posts like #1,752 don't sit right w/ me. if we were to vote vizh and vizh flipped scum it'd be a near hard clear, or could dig our hole way deeper
- Dave: saw a mention of a positive toneread on him but ngl i felt nearly the opposite here, and while there isn't much that'd outright make you say "yeah, they're scum", there's a strong lack of content that'd imply they're town or acting in town's favor (my favorite poster so far in this thread on a non-game level though, except now rssp's made an abbreviated yet powerful appearance to rival this)
- US/Yeti: mostly tone-based here, at one point said they liked m2h's plays in a past night which would make me think m2h and us/yeti are less likely to both be scum, albeit a small thing

Scum
- Ayia: gonna go out on a limb and say that ayia is just scum, jumps in to the thread to drop a couple reads that i completely disagree with (scumreads psy for example) and doesn't seem as directed as i'd expect a town ayia to be based on like, a few ps mafia observations. spiderz was quick to defend upon his scumread of him which makes me think there's no way they're both scum-aligned, but if one of the two is scum there's much more reason for me to believe it's ayia rn
- Laurel: i'm conflicted on this because like i would not be shocked if town laurel just didn't care about the game and was intentionally reading close to nothing/making random fluff posts – and i also argued against tunneling or focusing on him too much, which i stand by – but i'm still placing him in the scum cat because wtf if that's his town approach

Third Party
- Sificon: gl king

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
i mainly just don’t think the claim is accurate and broaches other conditions (e.g what do we do if it’s not 6 points, etc) since it seems like a silly autowin regardless of the game

Also the other thing is if it’s actually based on post count, everyone knows how to play out of it regardless if it’s self interest or mafia spampinging their buddies. I don’t think it really… helps? Especially if the claim isn’t real lol

(sorry for late response im apparently dying in eipp sob emoji)
I get the first point. I have no idea why rssp would get subbed in, lie about the role, then sub out. That feels really odd to do.
As for the second point, I think forcing scum to post more regardless of why they're doing it is probably a good thing.

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
Celever CaffeineBoost re: clouds idr who else had a big read or thoughts on him, i feel like especially celever is reading people into volume count or expected contribution which yes is probably more likely to gleam town especially if you’re invested in the game.

does your read or thought process on clouds change if you approach his posts from an expected experience level? my main read was based on “some of these thoughts are too good for a first time player - kind of like someone’s helping him with his posts” + it seems like sometimes his timing and suggestions is different from what he… invests in the game? It especially makes sense in a one of DLE/Texas scum world which is largely pretty reasonable when you account for the NK. But I don’t know if that’s something I can’t find towny or if I’m 4heading this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)