NOC Bigvivor Mafia Game Thread Day 5

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Help why in the world is Celever starting to post things that make sense to me. I'm pretty sure that's illegal

In all seriousness I don't understand in what world I would ever want to kill Haruno here if I were mafia. Like...I've been suspicious of Haruno / Texas all game, counterpushing them, and then I...go for a kill on Haruno to prove that I've been wrong? What?

If anything it does seem like a kill aimed to discredit me. I honestly can't see what other possible reason there is to kill Haruno there.

I'm very curious Clouds why you think there's any world in which I kill Haruno there. I'm not really understanding your sussing me outside of being the very basic logical conclusion of 'US sussed Haruno and Haruno was town so US must be sus himself'. Is that basically it? Or did you just not like my defense of M2H (who I had been / still am TRing prior to the wagon).

Finally, it is wild to me that four active posters posting votes on somebody, that person having the most votes, and it being less than 24 hours to deadline would qualify as 'not much pressure' to Clouds. Hey M2H would you say that you felt 'not much pressure' yesterday? My strong suspicion is that that is not the case.

Also finally got Tommy to reply to my questions re. the kill on disc, this is what he said (paraphrased rather than directly quoted because of rules or something idk why it matters):
'if the mafia were unaware the tribe split was happening, I [Tommy] would have provided them an opportunity at game start to order factional kill order, which I would follow, failing that I would give kill to whoever had it last, fialing that I would rand who had the kill'

This implies to me that one specific mafia member (probably who killed last night), who is almost certainly in the top half of the playerlist, was the player who was assigned the kill. I think the most interesting thing to me is that it went onto Haruno and not Caffeine / Celever / Da Letter El, all of whom I would have expected to be 'bigger name' targets.

Now maybe the mafia is just really scared of the Haruno / Texas towncore. But this feels more like the mafia going for a kill that does two things:
A. Confuses the village
B. Throws suspicion off the mafia's trail

Personally, I think that Caffeine or Celever are most likely to make this kill. Given how quickly Celever picked up on how weird the push from Clouds was, I'm kinda hard sussing Caffeine and Clouds as a potential duo now.

Vote Clouds explain more clearly who you think my teammates could possibly be if you think I'm mafia, and explain why I would ever kill Haruno there.

- Friendly Hydra

UncleSam

Leading this village
Could it possibly have been randomized or done with whichever tribe had more Mafia members? So like on Loyalists, they vote on a kill, same on Seperatists, and then some Host mechanic decides it? That might circumvent the lack of communication?
I would find this post sus af because I think this seems way more likely than whatever double kill BS Nuxl and Celever were hypothesizing about except that apparently this was

hiiiiii! Funny you pinged me, I was just about to ping you as well! Before I make my claim, do you have anything you want to admit to the crowd? Giving you a chance before they hear it from me!
On the one hand I would say that claiming without a guilty is probably bad here

On the other hand you've kind of semi-claimed anyway so maybe the genie's already out of the bottle and we may as well all hear what you have to say

- Friendly hydra

UncleSam

Leading this village
Wait

There was a p significant discussion yesterday about the prospect that Haruno and Texas could be 3p lovers who win if they find each other

Was Haruno just killed bc the kill fell on that tribe to a paranoid maf?
I'm ngl I might not be reading the thread closely enough but I do not recall this discussion in the slightest

Also I'm going to go for a run and to grab dinner so if I am needed to discuss anything please ping me. I'll try to catch back up later tonight but no promises, I have other shit I need to do

- friendly hydra

UncleSam

Leading this village
why do you say dle is a bigger name target?
DLE was the elected leader of Circus Maximus for a long while, and has been around even longer than I have and I'm a fking dinosaur

Just because he hasn't been active in this game doesn't mean he isn't still a big target. If anything I kinda feel like passing on DLE (or Celever or Caffine) for the kill implies whoever the killer is is picking kills based on thread perception, which actually implies perhaps a newer player.

Thoughts on this?

- Friendly hydra

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I'm ngl I might not be reading the thread closely enough but I do not recall this discussion in the slightest

Also I'm going to go for a run and to grab dinner so if I am needed to discuss anything please ping me. I'll try to catch back up later tonight but no promises, I have other shit I need to do

- friendly hydra
I remember it because it was my crackpot theory LOL

I went through a lot of theories when Haruno claimed (my fave was lost wolf recruiter but alas) but a few people replied regarding 3p lovers theory so it’s memorable if you are mafia and have a kill that can block it

P sure someone even said it’s a decent shot for mafia bc of the possibility but I don’t remember who

DLE was the elected leader of Circus Maximus for a long while, and has been around even longer than I have and I'm a fking dinosaur

Just because he hasn't been active in this game doesn't mean he isn't still a big target. If anything I kinda feel like passing on DLE (or Celever or Caffine) for the kill implies whoever the killer is is picking kills based on thread perception, which actually implies perhaps a newer player.

Thoughts on this?

- Friendly hydra
that makes sense! i (new player) did not know this so its sound reasoning. i feel like this could also imply though that dle is also mafia? so i guess another question would be if people think that dle would make this kill

Celever

i am town
that makes sense! i (new player) did not know this so its sound reasoning. i feel like this could also imply though that dle is also mafia? so i guess another question would be if people think that dle would make this kill
Why do you specifically pick out DLE as scum for not dying? Sam included Caffeine and I in the same camp of experienced older player who is reasonable to shoot and should be in the same list

Also I don’t think DLE takes that shot bc I believe he’s struggling to catch up with the game so he’d prob shoot me or Caffeine to reduce post count lbr

Why do you specifically pick out DLE as scum for not dying? Sam included Caffeine and I in the same camp of experienced older player who is reasonable to shoot and should be in the same list

Also I don’t think DLE takes that shot bc I believe he’s struggling to catch up with the game so he’d prob shoot me or Caffeine to reduce post count lbr
ah gotcha! also i picked dle specifically just since people have sred him from like day 1 irl time and i also feel like you and caff would be more expected targets making you more likely to have protection or watchers/riskier to mafia to go for successfully? idk if thats like a thing that people even consider too much though

ah gotcha! also i picked dle specifically just since people have sred him from like day 1 irl time and i also feel like you and caff would be more expected targets making you more likely to have protection or watchers/riskier to mafia to go for successfully? idk if thats like a thing that people even consider too much though
and so i didnt see it as unreasonable that neither of you two died is what i meant lol

Celever

i am town
Ok this actually does make a lot of sense and is very fair, for sure DLE is the strongest shot for someone who knows who has more experience

In that sense dave probably didn’t have the mafia kill then? I mean I think Dave shoots there idk

kinda wanna know what thoughts on flavorclaims are atp?
we have 24 people right, I think it's likely that the 24 roles are the sep/loyalist tribes + the four hosts. I have RSSP for instance. Haven't spoken in a hot second but I had a question about like roles in general. I have a role cop role, and I do not necessarily know what dictates an alignment? Are there any specific actions that lend themselves to being a mafia skew, like the ability to give someone the ability to kill? I copped Hal the night before but didn't work because he died and then someone tonight.

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Help why in the world is Celever starting to post things that make sense to me. I'm pretty sure that's illegal

In all seriousness I don't understand in what world I would ever want to kill Haruno here if I were mafia. Like...I've been suspicious of Haruno / Texas all game, counterpushing them, and then I...go for a kill on Haruno to prove that I've been wrong? What?

If anything it does seem like a kill aimed to discredit me. I honestly can't see what other possible reason there is to kill Haruno there.

I'm very curious Clouds why you think there's any world in which I kill Haruno there. I'm not really understanding your sussing me outside of being the very basic logical conclusion of 'US sussed Haruno and Haruno was town so US must be sus himself'. Is that basically it? Or did you just not like my defense of M2H (who I had been / still am TRing prior to the wagon).

Finally, it is wild to me that four active posters posting votes on somebody, that person having the most votes, and it being less than 24 hours to deadline would qualify as 'not much pressure' to Clouds. Hey M2H would you say that you felt 'not much pressure' yesterday? My strong suspicion is that that is not the case.

Also finally got Tommy to reply to my questions re. the kill on disc, this is what he said (paraphrased rather than directly quoted because of rules or something idk why it matters):
'if the mafia were unaware the tribe split was happening, I [Tommy] would have provided them an opportunity at game start to order factional kill order, which I would follow, failing that I would give kill to whoever had it last, fialing that I would rand who had the kill'

This implies to me that one specific mafia member (probably who killed last night), who is almost certainly in the top half of the playerlist, was the player who was assigned the kill. I think the most interesting thing to me is that it went onto Haruno and not Caffeine / Celever / Da Letter El, all of whom I would have expected to be 'bigger name' targets.

Now maybe the mafia is just really scared of the Haruno / Texas towncore. But this feels more like the mafia going for a kill that does two things:
A. Confuses the village
B. Throws suspicion off the mafia's trail

Personally, I think that Caffeine or Celever are most likely to make this kill. Given how quickly Celever picked up on how weird the push from Clouds was, I'm kinda hard sussing Caffeine and Clouds as a potential duo now.

Vote Clouds explain more clearly who you think my teammates could possibly be if you think I'm mafia, and explain why I would ever kill Haruno there.

- Friendly Hydra
ngl don't care if it's scummy to opinion shift and unvote so fast, but yeah i understand the rationale for you guys being some of the least likely to kill haruno at night unless you were going for a reverse psych defense of "they wouldn't think we'd do a kill that would look so bad for us"

what happened to like half of the player list

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)