Bird spam lol my first rmt but not my first team

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i wanted to make an ou team since i have recently been on tilt.....so i said screw it and decided to make a hyper offensive team...i know people probably get bored seeing endless ho teams but i think mine in particular is the most standard and boring you will ever see :3 but the important thing is that it works.

(this is my first rmt so i hope i am doing it right)

Deoxys speed.....This pokemon is the absolute most important member on the team. It helps place hazards when you need it so your other mons can sweep and taunts most leads to ensure you do not have rocks on the field.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
I chose superpower as my first move bc it just kills bisharp....simple as that. Obv stealth rock would be if i see a rock weakness and it is just standard. I chose spikes instead of something like ice beam but idk if i should change to ice beam bc spikes does more dmg overtime. and lastly i have taunt to make skar/ferro leads practicly useless.

i chose staraptor as my second pokemon because i wanted to use bird spam. Staraptor is overall god at dealing damage
252 Atk Reckless Staraptor Double-Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 273-322 (91.6 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
staraptor also helps the momentum of this team during battle bc of u turn and this is the set

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
i chose double edge as my first move...why you ask? bc stab reckless 120base att....thats why, sort of 2hitkos everything nuetral and obliterates zard. I chose close combat for coverage...rock and steel types it is nice having it there to ko bisharp and ttar. u turn is my 3rd move bc of momentum and it takes a good chunk oout of deo d leads. brave is my final move bc stab reckless base 120att brave bird...

i chose talonflame as the 3rd member of my team bc bird spam. it is broken af how could you say no to that delicious priority.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk
i chose brave bird bc obv priority 120 power move once foes are weakened...say gg. flare blitz for steel types and 120 base power and mostly bc talonflame gets no other good fire stab. u turn for momentum and ttar switch ins also does a nice chunk to deo d. my last move is sleep talk bc gets like nothing else. but seriously how funny is it when you predict a spore and then you sleep talk in that brelooms face XD.

i chose greninja as my 4th slot bc greninja...one of the most ou mons and for good reason. how could you say no to that delicious stab????

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
hydro pump is my first move bc stab 110 base power i dont think scald is a good option either bc even with burn greninja cant take hits for its life. i chose extrasensory over dark pulse bc hydro does a good chunk to aegislash and still ohkos gengar, it is also there for keldeo's who dare to stay in. ice beam is for pesky dragon types and gliscor. hp fire is for ferro thorns and scizors who think they can wall me.

i chose latias as my 5th slot bc obv i needed NEEDED defog for my birds and i needed some bulk.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock
- Defog
i chose draco metoer as my first move bc it is standard on latias. the most interesting move on this set is energy ball. my team has no real good way to deal with quag so i thought instead of tbolt, surf or hp fire i would choose energy ball, and it has been working out well.

i chose my mega and last spot to be mega manectric.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
this is just a standard manectric set. Volt switch is usually my go to move for a sort of voltturn core with all the u turn users on this team. tbolt is there for when volt switch isnt enough and you need a little oomph. hidden power ice is there for ground types, like garchomp or lando. flamethrower is there for ferrothorn and scizor and the occasional bisharp switch in.

So yeah that ws my first rmt and im pretty sure it sucked and is going to get locked bc i have no idea what im doing but i hope you take time to read my sucessful team :) be as harsh as you can in the comments.. i need constructive criticism.

First of all, Staraptor and Talonflame both need Adamant Nature because it OHKOes Charizard Y and gets other important kills. I found a quite big weakness against Aegislash, which walls Staraptor and Latias, comes into Talon after Brave Bird, takes a Flamethrower from Manectric or HP [Fire] from Greninja easily (wouldn't switchin, but still takes well), DeoS gets only one Hazard after Ball + Sneak combo or even gives it a sub, which means kinda gg.
Another problem is Zapdos: Giving it a turn to spam Thunderbolt means mostly a kill for it, Manectric gets walled even at +1 from possible Lightningrod. Mixed Thundurus gets a kill when switching on locked Talonflame or Staraptor, cuz Knock Off lets it get past Latias. +1 Superpower kills Manectric after Stealth Rock. Mental Herb DeoD is a dangerous opponent, in combination with Bisharp, Latias cant defog plus DeoD has Thunder Wave and then a faster Taunt than DeoS' Taunt and Latias' Defog. Ima post ideas later maybe.

Try Zapdos > Manectric, Kyurem-B > Latias, KyuB also helps against Gliscor and CroCune, which are problematic (Crocune 6-0s you after 1 setup, cuz Manectric can't 2HKO it after that). Zapdos fixes the problems with especially Aegislash and Mixed Thundurus. Also a ThundurusWave cant cripple your defogger and Zapdos isn't as easily Pursuit-trapped as Latias.

Sets:
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 92 Atk / 248 Spd / 168 SAtk
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Zapdos EV spread outspeeds bisharp, while Kyurem-B's one OHKOes Charizard Y safely with Fusion Bolt. Watch out because Fire Blast does over 80% of damage on Kyurem-B.

I don't know if Suicide DeoS fits well with a defogger, but the team kinda needs both imo.

Maybe think about Taunt or Dark Pulse > Extrasensory, dark pulse just hits aegislash as hard as possible and Taunt can prevent some wall from recovering. The main aims of Extrasensory are Venusaur and Conkeldurr, which get both killed by the flying spam core. But the Birds are no reliable switchins, so u can keep Extrasensory too. /e Definitely run Dark Pulse; Slowbro is a BIG problem for the team.

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello, this RMT is breaking the rules. Please try adding more detail to your descriptions, as this helps everyone understand how your team works. I'm going to have to lock this for now. Please remake this while paying careful attention to the rules and PM it to me if you want me to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)