Bisharp (Dark)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OVERVIEW]

Dark
========

Bisharp is a really good wallbreaker and also acts as a setup sweeper due to its access to Swords Dance and its respectable Attack stat.For every dark team,Bisharp is a valuable member because it serves as the "Fairy killer" and it can also take some hits from the likes of Mimikyu which is a common threat.Its steel typing is really helpful granting resistance to 10 different types,including bugs that threaten dark teams such as Ribombee and Scizor.Also its ability "Defiant" is very useful due to the fact that there are many defog,sticky web and intimidate users that you are about to encounter.Nevertheless,Bisharp will be in trouble facing a fighting monotype team and can be easily checked by almost every fighting type pokemon.Its speed stat is also something to be concerned about because there are faster mons that can take Sucker Punch without a problem such as Tapu koko or Hydreigon.

[SET]

Name: Physical Setup Sweeper (Dark)
Move 1: Swords dance
Move 2: Iron Head
Move 3: Knock off
Move 4: Sucker Punch
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Nature: Adamant
EVS: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

For the Moves: 1) With Swords dance and Bisharp's high Attack stat,you have a very serious attacking force in your team.
2) Iron head is its steel type stab attack which destroys fairies and can also deal some dmg in general.
3) Knock off allows Bisharp to remove annoying items from walls such as leftovers from ferrothorn,eviolite from chansey and black sludge from toxapex.
4) Sucker Punch is the move that makes up for Bisharp's lack of speed,being a priority move and a pretty strong one killing fragile faster mons such as Barraskewda easily.

Ability: As mentioned before,Defiant is very handy because of the existence of defog,sticky web,intimidate and other stat-lowering moves.Combine that with Swords dance and Bisharp's Attack stat and you will see for yourself.It would be wise to have a teammate with hazards like Greninja running spikes or Tyranitar with Stealth Rock.
That way you will have your opponent using defog and you can predict that and switch to Bisharp.

Nature and EVS: Bisharp,as you may have guessed,needs a maximum investment in Attack.Therefore Adamant and 252 attack EVS is a given and it makes Bisharp really powerful.Some people might say that Bisharp needs HP EVS and not Speed EVS because its speed is bad anyways.It is true,as I said before,that its speed is really bad but with 252 Speed it can outspeed threats like Azumarill and Tyranitar.

Item: Most common items for Bisharp are Life orb and Black Glasses and it is understandable because both boost Bisharp's attacking power.However,I like to use Focus Sash more.That way I have a guaranteed chance of using Swords Dance without getting ohkoed and then I can go for sucker punch and kill. (this works against Charizard for example).Also I get a chance to use Iron Head on a fighting or dark type for a potentional kill (not ohko necessarily).

Checks and Counters
===================

1)Fighting Types: A lot of fighting types like Kommo-o,Keldeo and Terrakion can easily kill Bisharp and also resist Sucker Punch.Best course of action to deal with them is to have a teammate alongside such as Mandibuzz or Sableye.
2)Ground and Fire types: Bisharp is really weak to these 2 but I dont think you have to worry that much about them with Swords Dance+Focus Sash+Sucker Punch.Only real problem will be a bulky ground type that can take physical hits without a problem like defensive Landorus-T.As for fire types you will have easier way to deal with most of them,thanks to the Focus Sash strategy,than ground types except for Infernape which is a huge threat that can tank every single hit from Bisharp and outspeed Sucker Punch with Mach Punch or Vacuum Wave.In that case you switch into a t-mate without a second thought.
3)Status and Substitute: Most importantly you have to avoid getting burned because that cripples Bisharp by halving its Attack stat which is something you dont want to happen.Substitute also annoys Bisharp because it wont be able to use Sucker Punch and it makes matters worse if the Pokemon using substitute is a threat and faster than Bisharp like Salazzle.
4)Faster Pokemon With Resistance: Specifically Pokemon like Tapu Koko and Hydreigon that can take Sucker Punch without a problem.
5)Fairies: I know this is weird to include as I have already said that Bisharp is the "Fairy killer" and it is true.However I only want to include 2 Fairies in particular that can annoy Bisharp.These two are Primarina and Tapu Lele.Defensive Primarina can take an iron head from Bisharp without a problem and even at +2 it has only a 18% chance of killing it with ohko.Furthermore Primarina can use Scald and burn Bisharp making it almost useless.As for Tapu Lele,the only real problem is the psychic terrain it brings in and then Bisharp wont be able to use Sucker Punch.The Lele situation is an issue if you are facing a psychic team because against a fairy monotype you can just still use Iron Head.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: Lialiabeast
-Dark analysis by: Lialiabeast
- Quality Checked by:
- Grammar Checked by:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Hi, please make sure you read the Crown Tundra Reservation Index before reserving an analysis, then use the proper formatting from the Resources thread. This was not approved, therefore I am going to lock and move this thread. If you have any questions feel free to contact me through smogon conversations or discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)