Wow, really impressive streak. Gratz
Still going on?
Still going on?
Something interesting I found out just now...
I'm currently trying out this team:
Metagross @ Choice Scarf - Trick / Stealth Rock / Scary Face / Flash
Latios @ Draco Plate (heh, might switch to Lum) - Calm Mind / Dragon Pulse / Sub / Rest
Gyarados @ Leftovers - Dragon Dance / Sub / Waterfall / EQ
What seems to be happening is: when opponent is locked into a ground move and I switch to Gyarados, opponent WILL switch. However, when I switch to Latios for the ground attacks, opponent DOES NOT switch out. So, seemingly AI will switch when locked into a move that's immune by typing, but not by ability.
I've also used a Jolteon Sash annoyer lead (Charm/Twave/Yawn/Flash) yesterday and sometimes Jolteon gets hit by Twave for no particular reason too. Somehow they aren't very mindful of abilities even though they have knowledge of it?
Anyway, streak is currently no where near high enough for show, so I'll just have to hope it gets somewhere.
i'm having good results in double battles with a brand new team :
main strategy is spore the most dangerous opponent, and double edge the other
second turn : spore the sent-in pokemon, slaking loafs, the other opponent still spored
third turn : double edge the opponent that best suits, switch smeargle with latias or garchomp accordingly to the opponents.
the rest of the battle goes quite easy, considering that smeargle is still alive and can spore/dark void/fake out when switched in.
dangerous situations at first turn :
- a fake outer, that is handled with a fake out from smeargle
- opponents with priority moves (es. mach punch) that could kill smeargle : in that cas switch to latias/garchomp, accordingly to the type of expected move
- no opponents that can be OHKO by slaking : i try a dark void
other notes :
- the presence of latias help in abusing garchomp or slaking earthquake
- if, at first turn, there are no particular threats (no fight moves, no trick roomers, no dangerous status moves) i go with gastro acid on slaking.. if the remaining opponent kills smeargle, i remain with slaking without truant and af full ps (minus double edge recoil), otherwise i remain with smeargle alive and slaking without truant and at low ps, but that can OHKO again next turn... both scenarios are usually good for me
it's amazing how efficient this strategy is going.. i'm at 100+ streak, and i met very few critical situations...