Black & White Battle Subway Records

No, what I meant was that I don't have a Poison Heal Gliscor. No outside help at all, so no trades or anything of the like. So, Gliscor won't be as effective.

I always loved Scarf Darmanitan (Adamant, max attack/speed, w/ Flare Blitz, Rock Slide, U-Turn, Earthquake/Hammer Arm/Superpower). Easy to catch, no need to breed, outspeeds darn near everything and 1HKOs 2/3s of the Subway with STAB Sheer Force Flare Blitz. Another good strategy is to use bulky Pokemon which can effortlessly wall a significant portion of the Subway, set up to +6/+6 with either Calm Mind, Bulk Up, or Curse, and sweep. Before I could transfer over my Suicune for that job, I used a Jellicent to decent effect.

Yay it's my 100th post here :D. Sadly I have nothing special to post just a short update.

Haven't lost yet but I think I'll soon xD. Anyway I'm working on a double team for HG with a Lv. 50 Yanma + SpeedBoost maybe in hope that it works as in the BattleSubway with the OHKOable rule.....we will see ^-^.

Before I could transfer over my Suicune for that job, I used a Jellicent to decent effect.
Did you get a high streak with Jellicent?

Last edited:
Hey everyone I'm new to Smogon.

Just thought I would post this.

Pokemon White 2 Super Singles Record: 160
photo2.jpg

Rain offense team:

Politoad(M)@Choice Scarf
Modest
Ability: Drizzle
EV's: 252spatt/252 speed/4 hp

-scald
-ice beam
-psychic
-hidden power(electric)- not sure about ivs

Thundurus Therian Form(M)@Focus Sash
Modest
Ability:Volt Absorb(saved my ass about 15 times)
EV's:252spatt/252speed/4 def

-nasty plot
-thunder
-hidden power(ice)
-grass knot

Kingdra(M)@Life Orb
Adamant
Ability: Swift Swim
EV's:252att/252speed/4 hp

-waterfall
-outrage
-substitute
-dragon dance

How I lost:

Battle #161 vs. Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Glaceon
Switch to Thundurus vaporeon use wish
Thundurus nasty plot vaporeon surf 7/154 hp
vaporeon quick claw activates vaporeon shadow ball thundurus dead
sent out kingrda, dragon dance, vaporeon shadow ball 104/151 hp sp def drop
kingdra outrage, vaporeon dead
sends out glaceon, kingdra outrage attack misses, glaceon blizzard kingdra dead
send out politoad, scald, glaceon has about 3/4 hp left, glaceon shadow ball politoad 115/166 hp
glaceon detect, politoad scald, glaceon protected itself
politoad scald attack misses, glaceon signal beam 60/166 hp left
politoad scald glaceon dead
sends out jolteon, jolteon thunderbolt, politoad dead

not sure what i could have done to win
any ideas?

not sure what i could have done to win
any ideas?
Maybe you should have switched Thundurus at turn 1 to kill Vaporeon. Than he would have sent out Glaceon and you switch out into Politoed to make some damage and then finish of with Kingdra (maybe). Then it would be a question of time that Jolteon will die I guess

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Maybe you should have switched Thundurus at turn 1 to kill Vaporeon. Than he would have sent out Glaceon and you switch out into Politoed to make some damage and then finish of with Kingdra (maybe). Then it would be a question of time that Jolteon will die I guess
he did switch on turn 1 though, and Vaporeon didnt switch out.

just sounds like a lot of hax tbh. that quick claw and brightpowder(?) making you miss just ruined your day

just sounds like a lot of hax tbh. that quick claw and brightpowder(?) making you miss just ruined your day
Yeah this battle was very haxy. Now that I think about it I probably should have just thundered after the switch instead of the nasty plot. I like to get in at least one nasty plot if I can. Brightpowder was also the main reason for this loss. Kingdra probably could have finished of the rest of that team.

I just realized that I wanted to write "You should have used Thunder on the first turn you switched into Thundurs". Thanks for correction

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just realized that I wanted to write "You should have used Thunder on the first turn you switched into Thundurs". Thanks for correction
no stress. to be honest, I probably would have gone for the nasty plot on Thundurus as well, unless the quick claw activated earlier which would have alerted me to it. but yeah I think Kingdra would have had the sweep lined up if not for the misses. but as we know, hax is part of the subway and you need multiple runs to get your best result, don;t let this dishearten you!

also, welcome to Smogon, @FunnyGuy

no stress. to be honest, I probably would have gone for the nasty plot on Thundurus as well, unless the quick claw activated earlier which would have alerted me to it. but yeah I think Kingdra would have had the sweep lined up if not for the misses. but as we know, hax is part of the subway and you need multiple runs to get your best result, don;t let this dishearten you!

also, welcome to Smogon, @FunnyGuy
Yeah I think I'm going to give this team another run today. Also, has anyone tried toxic boost zangoose? I don't think it would last long but it could do some massive damage with facade.

I wouldn't even give Toxic Boost Zangoose a try, to be honest. It is at an unfortunate middling speed which makes it hard to sweep a lot. I used Jolly Quick Feet Ursaring (long ago), and I'd imagine even that works better because of much better speed even if it doesn't attack super hard without boosts.

On another note, I just started a small streak (currently 42) for Double Subway with this team:

Mamoswine + Thundurus-T + Latias/Heatran/Ferrothorn/Conkeldurr

It was sort of a quickly made up VGC team that I didn't really give much thought.

Mamoswine / Thick Fat / Jolly @ Life Orb - Icicle Spear / Ice Shard / Protect / Earthquake
Thundurus-T / Volt Absorb / Timid @ Choice Scarf - Discharge / Thunderbolt / HP Ice / Grass Knot

Latias / Levitate / Modest @ Lum - Thunderwave / HP Fire / Dragon Pulse / Protect
Heatran / Flash Fire / Timid @ Fire Gem - Overheat / Heat Wave / Protect / Earth Power
Ferrothorn / Iron Barbs / Careful @ Sitrus - Iron Head / Leech Seed / Bullet Seed / Protect
Conkeldurr / Guts / Adamant @ Leftovers - Ice Punch / Drain Punch / Detect / Mach Punch

Usually I use Conk and Heatran in the back, but yeah, didn't put a lot of thought. Leads are fine and usually wins the battles, but maybe I'll switch the back to other things.

Mamoswine / Thick Fat / Jolly @ Life Orb - Icicle Spear / Ice Shard / Protect / Earthquake
Thundurus-T / Volt Absorb / Timid @ Choice Scarf - Discharge / Thunderbolt / HP Ice / Grass Knot

Latias / Levitate / Modest @ Lum - Thunderwave / HP Fire / Dragon Pulse / Protect
Heatran / Flash Fire / Timid @ Fire Gem - Overheat / Heat Wave / Protect / Earth Power
Ferrothorn / Iron Barbs / Careful @ Sitrus - Iron Head / Leech Seed / Bullet Seed / Protect
Conkeldurr / Guts / Adamant @ Leftovers - Ice Punch / Drain Punch / Detect / Mach Punch

I wished that the Eruptran wouldn't have 0 Iv's in Speed and a Quiet nature. TailWind could help but not really much with the ChoiceScarf Thundurs-T because using HP Fire on Heatran and than hit with a power Eruption could destroy a lot but you've HeatWave here which doesn't care about your own HP.....sadly still a chance to miss with HeatWave. I guess you've thought about a FocusSash Mamoswine as well right? In the end I would use as final team Mamoswine/Thundurus-T/Heatran/Conkeldurr. Good luck.

Jolly Life Orb Mamoswine was actually something I thought of and tested out when I was preparing for VGC Nats and Worlds, and even though Sash was the more popular set (back then anyway), I liked Life Orb a lot more, after testing both. The thing is, Mamoswine isn't OHKO'd by that many things, and Icicle Spear was really good for KOing things like Yache Chomp or Yache/Sash Landorus-T... except for the fact that an unboosted Icicle Spear will need at least 3 hits to KO Landorus-T after being intimidated, whereas Life Orb iirc is guaranteed KO even with two hits.

That having said, it doesn't really apply at all to Subway since there are no Landorus-T, but still the extra life orb power to boost the potentially low power Icicle Spear is still worth it in almost all cases. Also, Life Orb allows Mamoswine's Ice Shard to finish off a bunch of things it otherwise wouldn't, and the extra boost to EQ as well. Pretty much, after using Life Orb, I've never looked back :D. I do understand sash's usefulness in Double Subway where I'm always leading with it though.

The most trouble I had so far with Mamo + Thundurus-T lead are grass types, followed by bulky set up pokemon that are neutral to anything Mamo and Thundurus-T can throw at it. Ghost types (with Levitate) are also potentially good against my team when there are a lot of them, since I can only hit them for neutral. Thundurus-T can outspeed and 2HKO most of them, but something like Froslass only needs one hit to KO Thundurus-T. That's sort of why Heatran was fairly useful as well. Something like Chandelure can be annoying if Mamoswine doesn't KO it quickly.

.... Anyway... The Conkeldurr I'm using is the specially defensive one, where the idea was that even if Thundurus-T was locked into Discharge, Conk is fine staying alongside it, and if it gets paralyzed, I get a Guts boost.

Wow, sounds like these two work really well together. How long does a set of seven take with this team?

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Mineswell ask, do any of You guys got the 0.1% of female dnite in the hidden grotto near nuvema town? If you did? Mind trading a breeded dratini to me for ANYTHING? I swear im desperate, and tired of te assholes in the GTS asking for lvl 9 or under Reshiram.

I got my Dream World female dratini from Dream World in BW1. I can possibly trade, but my current schedule of availability for trade is pretty horrible as I'm fairly busy with other things like work (I only play pokemon when I'm resting, and I'm not going to use my rest time to trade).

I got to 77 streak so far with that team mentioned above - I pretty much just use Conkeldurr + Heatran in the back now, just out of convenience. Conkeldurr is just a very good pokemon with Guts fairly happily absorbing status, and also a good and almost needed switch in for rock attacks. I'll see how far it goes! Some stat boosters are still scary and annoying.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I'm thinking of putting together a doubles team focussing on Guard Split Shuckle and Blissey but I'm sceptical as to how well it will actually work in practice and how I should put the team together. I'm kinda thinking about running Minimize on Blissey, then bringing in a bulky Psych Up user alongside it, which could maybe either set up further boosts or just stall out the opponent. Anyway I was just looking for some advice as I couldn't find heaps of info on the Shuckle + Blissey combo..

Anyway I was just looking for some advice as I couldn't find heaps of info on the Shuckle + Blissey combo..
Isn't Chansey more bulky (Eviolite)? I would use maybe PowerSplit too to make opponets Pokes weaker which could kill Chansey with one shot (just saying)

A common Psych Up user on minimize Blissey/Chansey is Calm Mind Suicune (potentially with Chesto Rest). I have not tried it myself, though I have battled and watched said teams (involving Shuckle, Chansey, Suicune) in action before. It will probably work ok in the subway, but not like "unstoppable amazing", just because hax is bound to happen eventually, or you will face a No Guard Machamp sometime, or there is the occasional haze/taunt/psych up from your opponents, or Toxic will hit through the evasion (hence the reason for rest Suicune) etc. Considering that Guard Split Shuckle + Minimize Blissey/Chansey + Psych Up Suicune will take quite a few turns to set up, battles will be lengthy. Since so many things can potentially ruin the set up, I do not really think it is really worth a try if you are aiming for a certain high streak. If you just want to try it out for fun though, then I'd like to see how well it does as well.

My double streak came to a decent end at 112 streak. I was not too surprised that the streak ended, seeing how there were definitely problems with the team and I never bothered to address to them, hehe.

Still, I pretty much lost this one to hax. Heh. O well.
So I was using Mamoswine / Thundurus-T / Heatran / Conkeldurr (see some post above for slightly more team detail).

Synopsis:
Glaceon froze Heatran and damaged a bunch of things. When Heatran finally unfroze, Heat Wave misses Scizor. Something crit Conk, but anyway, that freeze first turn (I switched Heatran in replacing Thundurus-T) pretty much dramatically lowered my chance of winning since it did not thaw out for about 5 turns. Not like really huge hax, but yeah, I wanted to keep Thundurus-T alive because without it, my team falls easily to potential SPIT Starmie and a couple other things - flaws in the team.

I had nothing to do, because VGC season is ever for quit a while and X and Y come out in more than a month, so I decided to give the Subway another try. I wanted to use something else then what I used before and decided to give Breloom a shot. No one has a record here on Smogon with Breloom, which kind of surprised me seeing how great it is in VGC. So without futher ado, here is what I used.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Protect

As soon as I decided on Breloom I knew that I had to lead with it. The main reason the use Breloom is of course Spore, so using it as a lead with a Focus Sash almost guarantees one sleeping Pokemon on the opposing side on turn 1. The set is probably self-explanatory, with both attacking moves getting boosted by Technician. Breloom seems to be a bit insecure, because of the sleeping turns of Spore and the quantity of hits from Bullet Seed, but it still works really well. You just have to account for first turn wake-ups and for Bullet Seeds which hit 2 times. Never expect it to be more, because it will bite you when you need them the most.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Super Power / Earthquake

As a partner for Breloom I wanted a Pokemon who would be faster than most of the Subway (specifically faster then 110 base Speed) and could almost always KO at least one Pokemon on the other side, so that in an ideal situation, I would end up with one Pokemon KOd and one Pokemon sleeping. I also wanted the Pokemon at least be neutral against Ice, because I don’t like leading with two ice weak Pokemon in the Subway. This leaves a really small list of Pokemon, and Darmanitan is probably the best Pick. It does literally everything I asked my second lead Pokemon to do and even better. Flare Blitz is god, because it KO’s almost everything it hits neutral and when using Flare Blitz it is even immune to freezes. U-turn is used when he can’t KO one of the opposing Pokemon (mostly against dragons and waters). Rock Slide and Earthquake are for Fire Pokemon, who are otherwise pretty hard to deal with. I first used Superpower but I noticed that it was useless and Earthquake could hit Fire Pokemon when I really needed it (especially against something like Chandelure, who is a really big threat). The best thing about Darmanitan is the synergy with Breloom, which is absolutely amazing. Breloom has Super Effective moves on all types Darmanitan is weak to (Water, Ground and Rock) and Darmanitan just KO’s almost all the Pokemon Breloom has trouble with. The only thing they don’t cover are Dragons and Gyarados, but the back-row can handle that.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

I needed something to take care of Dragons and Gyarados, so Latios was an easy pick. It can also switch in for Darmanitan after the U-turn, if I expect a Water or Ground move. The set is again pretty standard. Choice Specs is just the best Item for Latios because you will be using Dragon Pulse most of the time. Every other move is kind of filler. I am debating to chance Grass Knot for Shadow Ball, because it has a chance to KO 252 HP Chandelure and will KO after a Bullet Punch from Scizor. Latios is also really strong next to Darmanitan with very Strong Choiced Fire and Dragon moves.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Protect

This Pokemon was just thrown in because I knew it worked alongside Latios. Scizor did his job well, and dual priority is really nice with Breloom. Every move is standard and does what they have to do. I do think I am going to try something else here, because Chandelure is really dangerous, especially in combination with (the threat of) Trick Room (I lost twice because of that exact combination). I think I will try something else next, who can deal better with Chandelure in this spot. Still have to decide which one it will be, but I will try again.

Random notes about the team:
- This team is incredible fast. Having Darmanitan outspeed anything, 2 Priority users and Latios, this team has no problem with other fast Pokemon.

- As a result to the above, you can’t let TR go up, because it will spell doom with 2 (fast) Choice Pokemon. Luckily it is easily avoidable. Breloom can Spore most Trick Roomers and those that have a Lum Berry can be KOd by a combination of attacks from Breloom and Darmanitan, although you sometimes need 3 hits from Bullet Seed to accomplish that.

- Chandelure is by far the biggest threat, having SE coverage on three and being immune to Flare Blitz, Mach Punch and resisting everything from Breloom and Scizor. No Pokemon in my team is able to KO it and one holds a Chesto Berry and is really fast (although Latios walls that Chandelure luckily).

- Intimidate is really annoying because Darmanitan can’t get the kills it normally has. Most Intimidaters are also pretty bulky and only Latios can deal with them (Salamence, Arcanine and Gyarados specifically).

The battle I lost:
Psychic Zaya (Gothitelle, Slowking, Claydoll, Chandelure)
Turn 1: Darmanitan FB Gothitelle KO, Breloom Spore Slowking Lum, Slowking TR
Turn 2: Slowking Psychic Breloom Sash, Claydoll EQ, both KOd some damage to Slowking
Turn 3: Slowking Ice Beam Latios, Claydoll Rock Slide, Scizor Bug Bite KO Slowking, Latios DP Claydoll
Turn 4: Scizor BP Claydoll KO, Chandelure Heat Wave, Scizor KO, Latios 10 HP, Latios DP
Turn 5: Chandelure Shadow Ball KO.

I made a huge mistake turn one, because I always KO Slowking with the combination of U-turn and Bullet Seed. It was 2 AM and got overconfident. Had I killed the Slowking, the battle would have been really easy.

This match was also battle 200 so I only needed one more battle to break my goal of 200. I will try again though, so let's see if I can break the 200 before X and Y come out.

proof:

Battle Subway Super Single Battle Record: 560

sorry,noCheese. but with all due respect,i have beaten your record & amazingly,by using your own famous team. thanks a lot for making such an awesome team,man. all the credit of this streak of mine goes to you. the streak is still active.

The team:

Durant:
Item: Choice Scarf
Trait: Truant
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, - Spa)
-Entrainment
-Protect
-Superpower
-X-Scissor

Stats: 165/129/132/61/71/173
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252/0/0/0/24/234

Cloyster:
Item: Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
Nature: Adamant (+Att, -Spa)

-Protect
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast

Stats: 126/161/200/94/65/122
EVs: 4/252/0/0/0/252

Garchomp:
Item: Lum Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -Spa)
-Protect
-Swords Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake

Stats: 184/182/115/90/105/169
EVs: 4/252/0/0/0/252

The team and its strategy are detailed at length by noCheese here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4340414&postcount=1903

Proof:

It would be greatly appreciated if Peterko sees this & enlists this on the thread as a valid streak. thank you.

Last edited:
Nicely done, Aqua1609! Glad you like the team, and best of luck as you continue to lengthen your streak!
OMG,you saw my post. thanks for the reply. but i am a bit confused about the new streaks being enlisted in this thread. i mean,peterko is inactive(i think). so,any new streaks will not be enlisted,i guess??

He updates ones in a while, so I am sure he will do it at least one more time before X and Y and then we probably get a new thread for the subway variant in X and Y. Congratz on the streak!

On another note, I got over 200 now with an updated version of the team I posted a few days ago. I will see how long it lasts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)