Blizzardog!

---

[youtube]FDiVxIwToyU[/youtube]​

- Introduction:

Hello! I'm Atoni and i'm going to present you one of my teams. Actually is one of my favorites and one of the best ones... When I built it, everyone was using hyper-offense with Deoxys-D and a ghost (usually Gengar) and when I saw this strategy I thought I could make it with like other pokemon doing something strategic other than the hazard man and the spin-block man.

Fortunately, Deoxys-D was banned. I like using it but he's broken and he deserve his place on Uber. So i'll be using this RMT like as a tribute for him and this team, lol.

The first think I thought was the weather "How about 'countering' the common ones?", so I decided to use Abomasnow just to NOT to let my field clean and to not let my pokemon's opponent has their speed increased (yeah, that sucks) despite this IMO Abomasnow is an underrated pokemon, he's good after all. So, after having the core in paper (Deoxys-D, Gengar and Abomasnow) I started looking forward to which pokemon I'd use in the last 3 slots. Then it's when I realised that Volturn would fit perfectly on this team, it's when Rotom-W and Jirachi entered in the team. The last slot was decided by team weakness stuff, I noticed that Terrakion rapes my team easily so Gliscor was my last choice.

- At a glance:

Abomasnow @ Choice Band
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Punch

Well, like I said before, I started using him to counter other weathers but he has some functions too... He can revenge dragons and has a powerfull STAB with Wood Hammer SPECIALLY because i'm using the Choice Band to maximize his power. Actually i've copied the set from dragonfruit's RMT (this is a link), I really liked the EV Spread that make Abomasnow outspeed Magnezone and Politoad.

Deoxys-Defense @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

It's incredible how his support is great for the team. Almost every battle I can set up Stealth Rock and a layer of Spikes and this gives a lot of pressure since my opponent can't switch ~everytime~.

Well, the set it the standard as possible with Rocky Helmet and Taunt/Spikes/SR/Thunder Wave, nothing to explain, although I really prefer Taunt over Magic Coat. The EV Spread is the standard one too, maximizing hp and speed to give him bulkyness and speed in the same time.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

I was having problems with water pokemons so needed something to tank water pokemons(lolwut) and the pokemon had to have Volt Switch too so Rotom-W was my choice since he's bulky and is a scouter lol.

I had been using it with more offensive EV's but I felt that he wasn't tanking nothing and then I started using the tank as possible. The moveset is kind obvious.. once Sogeking told me to use Rest + Chesto but I hate it, I hate having a pokemon that has to tank and doesn't have the recover at the end of the turn.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Trick
- U-turn
- Ice Punch

Jirachi is the steel that almost every team need in BW metagame. He's strong and with Rotom-W completes the Volturn strategy. I've chosen the Choice Scarf set because it makes Jirachi a complete revenge killer, he can scout, revenge, trick a random tank that walls my team and shiny on late game haxing everyone with his Iron Head. He has an excelent coverage and this is great for revenging too.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Focus Blast

The "man"! Gengar is like the boss phantom of the first generation of pokemon, he's cool. But in this team, he plays the role of a spin-blocker that keep the opponent with the pressure of the hazard in his field.

About the set.. I've chosen to not use Life Orb to not has his life drained everyturn (6% of hail and 10% of Life Orb) so Black Sludge was the best option since he can troll trickers. Shadow Ball and Pain Split are cores. Focus Blast is better than HP Fire in this set because has a better coverage and don't lose his power on Rain Dance (hitting annoying Ferrothorn in it) and in the final slot, the surprise, Will-O-Wisp. It's perfect since the opponent always switch, for example, to pokemons like Tyranitars or Scizors, he can burn them, even if he dies, the other pokemons are useless now so it's totally worth it.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt

When I realised Terrakion was the main threat to my team I started thinking who I'd chose to stop him. Gliscor was the first option, he stops him with class. Has Poison Heal, that's really usefull not just because of the 6% recovery each turn in hail but he can block any status inducer, that help a lot.

Well, the set... I wanted to unite a good defensive pokemon with his capacity to sweep. It's when Swords Dance Gliscor came into my mind, he can setup on pokemons that he had Taunt and kill some pokemons easily, it's a surprise move nowadays since like nobody use this lol.

- Conclusion:

Thank you for reading!

Sorry for anything (my english ~n____n~) and, if you've liked it, luvdisc it please.

Hi there,

This is not a bad team. Looking at it, I see that one of its biggest problem is Volcarona because it can setup easily on Abomasnow locked into Ice Shard, Wood Hammer or into Ice Punch, on Jirachi locked into Ice Punch and Iron Head and on Gliscor as well and if it uses Quiver Dance, it can be very troublesome for your team. To solve your weakness to Volcarona and at the same keep all your team members, I suggest you to use Thunder Wave on Rotom-W which would allow you to paralyze Volcarona and to block its sweep, Thunder Wave would help you a lot against Keldeo, Latios and Venusaur, which can be all troublesome for your team, especially Keldeo.

Then, another threat for your team can be Scizor, especially if it's running a Sword Dance set. Sword Dance Scizor can setup without any problem on Jirachi, on Abomasnow locked into Ice Shard, Wood Hammer or into Ice Punch and then can sweep your whole team quite easily. Therefore, I suggest you to use Fire Punch instead of Trick on your Jirachi, which allows to revenge-kill Sword Dance Scizor and to block its sweep accordingly, also Fire Punch helps you to deal Ferrothorn and Forretress more easily, which can both annoying for your team since they can setup some hazards on Jirachi and on your Abomasnow which you can't spin because you haven't a Rapid Spin user and which you can't prevent because you haven't a Magic Bounce user too.

After that, you should use Focus Punch instead of Ice Punch on Abomasnow, it would allow you to eliminate Tyranitar without use Wood Hammer, which sometimes is a very annoying move due to recoil and to OHKO Air Ballon Heatran, Blissey and Chansey as well after Stealth Rock and hail damage, you can use Brick Break too, because you need decent prediction skills to use Focus Punch effectively. Otherwise Ice Punch doesn't seem a very useful move because you'll use more often Ice Shard because it's a priority move and because Abomasnow is quite slow so Focus Punch is more useful than Ice Punch on Choice Band Abomasnow, if you prefer Ice Punch for some reason you can keep Ice Punch but you can at the same time check out Focus Punch [or Brick Break of course] and see what happens.

Before I go, you can try this EV spread on Gengar: 100 Def / 156 SAtk / 252 Spd, which would allow you to resist to Choice Band Scizor's Bullet Punch with the Stealth Rock on your field and since Scizor can be troublesome for your team as I already said, this EV spread would help you to beat Scizor more easily without losing much fire power. Credit to Younii for this EV spread anyway.

Good luck!

Gliscor is not a good choice if you just want to counter a terrakion and you could use a favorite of mine, claydol as a counter as its high def and special def take care of terrakions two stabs quite well.here is my recommended moveset

Claydol@ice gem
Ability: levitate
EVs: 252hp 4 spA 252spd
Moves:
ice beam
Earthquake
Psychic
Psych up
Naah.. idk, Gliscor fit really well on the team...

Hi there,

This is not a bad team. Looking at it, I see that one of its biggest problem is Volcarona because it can setup easily on Abomasnow locked into Ice Shard, Wood Hammer or into Ice Punch, on Jirachi locked into Ice Punch and Iron Head and on Gliscor as well and if it uses Quiver Dance, it can be very troublesome for your team. To solve your weakness to Volcarona and at the same keep all your team members, I suggest you to use Thunder Wave on Rotom-W which would allow you to paralyze Volcarona and to block its sweep, Thunder Wave would help you a lot against Keldeo, Latios and Venusaur, which can be all troublesome for your team, especially Keldeo.

Then, another threat for your team can be Scizor, especially if it's running a Sword Dance set. Sword Dance Scizor can setup without any problem on Jirachi, on Abomasnow locked into Ice Shard, Wood Hammer or into Ice Punch and then can sweep your whole team quite easily. Therefore, I suggest you to use Fire Punch instead of Trick on your Jirachi, which allows to revenge-kill Sword Dance Scizor and to block its sweep accordingly, also Fire Punch helps you to deal Ferrothorn and Forretress more easily, which can both annoying for your team since they can setup some hazards on Jirachi and on your Abomasnow which you can't spin because you haven't a Rapid Spin user and which you can't prevent because you haven't a Magic Bounce user too.

After that, you should use Focus Punch instead of Ice Punch on Abomasnow, it would allow you to eliminate Tyranitar without use Wood Hammer, which sometimes is a very annoying move due to recoil and to OHKO Air Ballon Heatran, Blissey and Chansey as well after Stealth Rock and hail damage, you can use Brick Break too, because you need decent prediction skills to use Focus Punch effectively. Otherwise Ice Punch doesn't seem a very useful move because you'll use more often Ice Shard because it's a priority move and because Abomasnow is quite slow so Focus Punch is more useful than Ice Punch on Choice Band Abomasnow, if you prefer Ice Punch for some reason you can keep Ice Punch but you can at the same time check out Focus Punch [or Brick Break of course] and see what happens.

Before I go, you can try this EV spread on Gengar: 100 Def / 156 SAtk / 252 Spd, which would allow you to resist to Choice Band Scizor's Bullet Punch with the Stealth Rock on your field and since Scizor can be troublesome for your team as I already said, this EV spread would help you to beat Scizor more easily without losing much fire power. Credit to Younii for this EV spread anyway.

Good luck!
lol, ty so much. your suggestions are amazing! i really liked the ev spread of gengar, unfortunately i can't play with this team anymore (deo-d is now uber) but i'll change with what you have said, ty man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)