SM OU Block & Talk. ❝If worse comes to worst, let's be machiavellian friends >:)❞. (Peaked #7) [1978+]

Your Ferrothorn is trapped by Slowbro and you know you're gonna struggle, what would you talk about?

• Total voters
x4 def.png
zyg lil.png
Mega-Slowbro_icon.png
kart lil.png
Klefki_icon.png
Ditto_icon.png
Snorlax_icon.png

Hey Smogon!

Pinkacross: BanDisnDatnMe and I both have a passion for creating underrated teams based off of unique ideas that others don't often consider. Upon contacting him, I discovered that he too, had attempted to make Block teams in vain. We had both attempted this challenge, though neither of us succeeded alone. In our first building session, we reviewed some basic trappers like Muk-Alola. After viewing so many of BanDisnDatnMe's threads, I decided that he was certainly the best person to collaborate with in an attempt to make trapping viable. In our first building session, we reviewed some basic trappers like Muk-Alola, Snorlax, Slowbro,and Azumarill. The result was still a combination of random trappers, resulting in yet another structureless trapping team. Then I found the holy grail of trapping: Klefki. Klefki provides screens to help trappers setup, as well as the insanely good move Fairy Lock. Fairy Lock traps pokemon in for the next turn, so by using Fairy Lock, you can trap a pokemon in the turn Klefki faints. Next turn, a trapper enters and permanently traps in the pokemon. We tested Klefki as a suicide lead, and we often got the turn of death wrong due to switching, Defoging, or exiting moves like U-turn. After a lack of success, we put the trapping idea down as unviable and tried other endeavors. I now present to you our long list of failed team ideas, in order. Trapping team, Gravity groundspam, Tailwind sun, sun HO, Screens sun, Tailwind rain, Trick Room sun, Trick Room rain, Toxic spam, Tailwind sun (again),and finally, a fear team. After this, we went back to trapping. Using Klefki not as a lead, but as a support Screens pokemon, and using Ditto to stop sweepers was a great idea that allowed this team to prosper the second time around. After we found the right combination of pokemon (Klefki and Ditto as support, Slowbro, Snorlax, and Zygarde as trappers, and Kartana as a sweeper and wallbreaker) we moved on to laddering. We laddered together, reassuring eachother on proper plays and taking correct actions to give us a spectacular peak of 1969, #17. Trapping is a viable idea, and it is very much alive. This strategy has enraged and conquered a massive amount of people. As we builders say, Terrorize The Tier!

pinka peak.png

[/HIDE]

The Team
Zygarde_XY.gif
Mega-Slowbro_ROZA.gif
Kartana_SL.gif
Klefki_XY.gif
Ditto_XY.gif
Snorlax_XY.gif
chain.gif

BanDisnDatnMe: It looks like nobody has taken upon themselves the mission of wanting to elevate Block. It quickly gave me a fright to witness myself how things became a little predictable with this team, as if it was trying to fill up a gap that has been waiting for a witty player to give it credibility and acceptance to bust through the ladder. It's shocking things are right there in front of our very eyes, and still opt to manipulate what we know best as opposed to polish a rock with a dremel and make it shiny. This was what Pinkacross and I did in this case. We touched off an unique archetype that not only has been proven that it can tarnish a lofty amount of teams, ranging from full stall to cancer Double Screen to hyper offense, while being particularly effective against Sticky Web teams. Nothing about this team is okay, it has 3 bulky blocking sweepers, a screens facilitator coupled with a Boosting stopper and on top of all that a speedy sharp sweeper that could perhaps affect your animosity. Getting to have witnessed in numerous occasions where the team was giving everybody the hump just made me come here and go out of my way to let those disgruntled players know that this team is intended to target those in position to innovate or those who thought they've seen it all or those who were on the brink of moving to another tier or game. Now if worse comes to worst and this team did was the drop that spilled the glass for that player to indeed leave the game, then we're certainly not to blame. This team like any team it has a fair share of weaknesses and most likely has room for improvement, so rates and feedback are always appreciated. Even with the team's shortcomings, we've managed to toy with the 1900's elo on ladder multiple times and get both of our accounts to mid-high 1900's. We'd even go far enough to say that the combination of Blocking sweepers, Double Screens + Ditto and Timid Kartana is borderline broken, but that's a discussion for another time. Finally, if you really wanna start a riot on ladder, and take a certain team you've been setting up for to its demise, then don't look any further than this.

Credibility: the state or quality of being believed or trusted.

Team Building Process
So the team I'm about to show you is my first attempt at wanting to elevate a Block Team. Here, my initial idea was to get all 6 pokemons to run Block. As you can see, I employed an old Dusclops's set: Curse/Rest/Block/Spite that I normally would use on a Stall team. Also we have here the Mega Aggron set: Block/Rest/Curse/Heavy Slam. A Leppa Berry Puykumuku set was incorporated here too, while getting to have a Knock Off/Rest/Block/Curse Muk-Alolan set and the Block/Rest/Curse/Return Snorlax set. The team inmeadiately got dismantled in the OU Tier and became overly redundant. The inability to stop sweepers from busting through the whole entire team became pretty obvious and I finally got to the foregone conclusion that this team was lackluster to say the least.
snorlax shuf.png
muk shuf.png
zyg shuf.png
dusclops shuffle.png
pyu shuffle.png
aggron shuffle.png

Right after that, I thought that maybe Wailord could occupy Mega Aggron's slot as it is the better trapper; but hard-hitting pokemons were detering the team and it's addition only added even more weakness to Electric moves.
Snorlax_icon.png
Muk_de_Alola_icon.png
zyg lil.png
Dusclops_icon.png
Pyukumuku_icon.png
wailord shuf.png

As my final resort solicited the services of Mega Slowbro. It soon became clear that Mega Slowbro had some extraterrestrial abilities when it comes to trapping pokemons. Its relentless Physical Defensive bulk coupled with its superb ability just made me wanna build around it by using a whole another concept then the one I had at my disposal by that time.
Snorlax_icon.png
Muk_de_Alola_icon.png
zyg lil.png
Dusclops_icon.png
Pyukumuku_icon.png
slowbro suf.png

Said that, there was no doubt that Snorlax, Block + Thousand Arrows Zygarde and Mega Slowbro were the type of blockers that not only did they have the bulk, but also they can prosecute a sweeping spree, making them a more viable archetype in today's meta game. Luckily enough, I received a message of my bro Pinkacross where he was urging a Blocking team utilizing Fairy Lock. Little did we know the combination of 3 blocking sweepers and Fairy Lock was just gonna come out so smoothly.
Snorlax_icon.png
zyg lil.png
Mega-Slowbro_icon.png
klef shuf.png
Poké_Ball_battle_V.png
Poké_Ball_battle_V.png

So as soon as we started to be in contact, there were a lot of proposals and ideas popping in our head. We soon came to a realization that that we have to stop sweepers from running through our team. In the wake of this we added Ditto. We also noticed that there were 2 sets in which Zygarde could excel at blocking. They were: Thousand Arrows/Coil/Rest/Block (to better hit flying pokemons) and Thousand Waves/Coil/Rest/Block to prevail against Offensive oriented teams. I wanna thank Pinkacross for being stubborn about leaving the Thousand Waves set since it's way more fitting on this Blocking team.
Snorlax_icon.png
zyg lil.png
Mega-Slowbro_icon.png
Klefki_icon.png
ditto shuf.png
Poké_Ball_battle_V.png

Once we had our blocking sweepers, Screen setter + Fairy Lock setter and our Boosting stopper, we opted to hand pick Breakneck Blitz Timid Kartana as it fares so well at eliminating Flying pokemons and also as a getaway to solely be blocking all the time to get a proper sweep. Kartana also helped us wear down Tapu Fini that would otherwise be a threat for the team.
Snorlax_icon.png
zyg lil.png
Mega-Slowbro_icon.png
Klefki_icon.png
Ditto_icon.png
kart shuf.png

-------------------------
Team Breakdown

Mega-Slowbro_ROZA.gif
x burbles gif.gif

Mega Slowbro
Bag_Slowbronite_Sprite.png

Bag_Items_pocket_icon.png
Slowbronite

Bag_Ability_Capsule_Sprite.png
Shell Armor
Bag_Resist_Wing_Sprite.png def.png
252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
nature icon.png
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
20px-Water-attack.png
Scald
20px-Psychic-attack.png
Calm Mind
20px-Psychic-attack.png
Rest
20px-Colorless-attack.png
Block

BanDisnDatnMe: The first thing I'm gonna say about Mega Slowbro is that its devious ability: Shell Armor just make the whole blocking process much less yawn-worthy. This convoluted Mega Slowbro set acts as a fantastic physical wall thanks to its huge 95 / 180 physical bulk. Slowbro can also be used as a bulky pivot before Mega Evolving thanks to its access to Regenerator. Slowbro's base 130 Special Attack when Mega-Evolved and 100 in its base forme allow it to also net KOs against a great number of offensive Pokemon. Slowbro sports one boosting method in Calm Mind, which is enhanced by Shell Armor, which makes Mega Slowbro immune to critical hits. Slowbro's wide offensive and support movepool allows it to tackle various foes comfortably. Its 90 / 80 special bulk is, while not bad per se, can be pretty disappointing. The biggest question of all is, whether this block set is loosening enough for Mega Slowbro to subsequently show it is a steady sweeper on the ladder. It's a surprise, and few players would relish the thought of having to encounter this very same Mega Slowbro set, but there's no doubting that in terms of effectiveness, this set has various ways to make teams feel thin and underwhelming. To be fair, when a pokemon is doomed from the start (Blocked), there's basically no saving grace. Admittedly, there haven't been more grandoise Blocking Sweeper ever, neither on this team nor in any other team wandering the ladder. This Blocking set just make things go down so poorly with every each and single one of the vitories. At the very least, it's rarely a common thing for a player to not be in disbelief after coming out victorious, specially when that player has worked as hard to top this team. In terms of pure battle quality, Mega Slowbro makes it for a slow and lumbering playstyle. It goes on for what feels like a much longer battle than it had the momentum to sustain, leading to multiple kills where the player only pop when a noteworthy move happened here and there.

Scald - Mandatory STAB move that has solid Base Power and the ability to cripple physical attackers with a burn, and it is also useful to get chip damage on various Pokemon. Scald can burn foes and deters physical attackers from waltzing in.
Calm Mind - Boosts Slowbro's Special Attack and its lackluster Special Defense, making it very difficult to break through after a few boosts. Calm Mind makes Mega Slowbro a powerful setup sweeper that can threaten bulky and fast teams alike.
Rest - Keeps Mega Slowbro healthy to give it time to set up as much as possible.
Block - Traps weak attackers such as Ferrothorn for Mega Slowbro to set up on with Calm Mind, which allows it to accumulate Special Attack boosts to hit harder and Special Defense boosts to be harder to revenge kill.

EV Spread - The given EV spread maximizes Slowbro's physical bulk while allowing it to survive three Moonblast from Clefable.

Resistance

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Slowbro-Mega: 112-133 (28.4 - 33.7%) -- 0.7% chance to 3HKO

0 Atk Tapu Bulu Horn Leech vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Slowbro-Mega in Grassy Terrain: 146-174 (37 - 44.1%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

136+ Atk Muk-Alola Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 86-104 (21.8 - 26.3%) -- 11% chance to 4HKO

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 81-96 (20.5 - 24.3%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 182-216 (46.1 - 54.8%) -- 55.9% chance to 2HKO

0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 116-140 (29.4 - 35.5%) -- 27.8% chance to 3HKO

8 SpA Magearna Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Slowbro-Mega: 146-174 (37 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 146-174 (37 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Tangrowth Giga Drain vs. +2 252 HP / 40 SpD Slowbro-Mega: 102-122 (25.8 - 30.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Block

Ditto_XY.gif
x cat.gif

Ditto
Bag_Choice_Scarf_Sprite.png

Choice Scarf
Imposter
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
nature icon.png
Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
IVS.png
0 Spe
Transform
• n/a
• n/a
• n/a

BanDisnDatnMe: Ditto capped off a year-long quest to get back into another BanDisnDatnMe's team, being leveraged previously on the Kommo-o Belly Drum HO. This pokemon represents the latest chapter in a story or a clever building decision. To its doubters, those who lost interest and kept Ditto down, while Me and Pinkacross to prominence at its expense, this Ditto's acquisition serves as a hearty: "Screw you". The days of Ditto serving as the doormat for the underqualified and undeserving are over. Ditto should have been a showcase for a OU tier that has been ever-changing in recent months. Instead, it's being relegated and that the usage of Hawlucha, Double Screens and Substitute has augmented only diminished its significance. The chemistry Ditto has on this team created a breathtaking team that elevated the significance of Blocking teams and solidified the status of the pokemons involved as some of the most detrimental pokemons on the entire ladder. Had the involvement of Ditto been limited to only use it screen-less, it probably would have been considered big winner from this Blocking team. It was not. Klefki adds a spark by setting Double Screens up, which provides players their holy cow moment when Ditto is behind Screens poised to revenge kill. Ditto coupled with the other workhorses brings the most substance to the Blocking team and ensures their ongoing attempt to top the ladder.

Transform - The only reason Transform is there is because Ditto needs to have a move; otherwise, it is completely useless.

EV/IV Spread - There are two things Ditto does not copy from the opponent—HP and IVs. HP is maximized for this reason. When transforming into an opponent that possess Hidden Power, the above IVs give Ditto Hidden Power Ice, the most useful for defeating and Ground Flying-type Landorus-T that often carries Hidden Power, though it does leave Ditto setup bait to Magnet Pull and Ice-type Pokemon.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Klefki_XY.gif
x klef gif.gif

Klefki
Bag_Light_Clay_Sprite.png

Light Clay
Prankster
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
nature icon.png
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
IVS.png
0 Atk

20px-Psychic-attack.png
Reflect
20px-Psychic-attack.png
Light Screen
Defog
20px-Fairy-attack.png
Fairy Lock

Pinkacross: Klefki is a pokemon often regarded as being completely outside of OU viability. However, it's Prankster ability and access to the signature move Fairy Lock make it a Screens setter to rival Tapu Koko. Klefki has an exquisite defensive typing of Fairy and Steel, a type combination which greatly benefits Magearna and Mega Mawile. Being able to resist hits from most of the Tapus, and set screens as well makes Klefki a very viable pokemon on the right team. However, Klefki's lack of Taunt can leave it vulnerable to Defogers removing it's screens, allow it to be used as setup fodder, and also invites in wallbreakers due to it's total lack of offensive capabilities. On this trapping team, Klefki has a role of fainting: It's job is to set Screens, use Fairy Lock on the turn that it faints, so the trapped pokemon can then be passed on to 1 of the 3 trappers to be locked in permanently, then used as setup fodder for a potential sweep. Klefki also acts as hazard control, with it's Prankster Defog. Be careful though-- Defog is stopped by a Dark type, thanks to new Prankster mechanics. Klefki can setup screens on many common threats, such as Greninja, Kartana, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Lele, Magearna, and Tyranitar. Klefki runs max defensive EV investment so it can safely switch in on Kartana, Heracross-Mega, Hawlucha, and other threatening physical setup sweepers.

Reflect - This is one of Klefki's screen moves. Reflect is often vital in stopping physical threats such as Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound, Heracross-Mega, Kartana, Mawile-Mega, and Medicham-Mega. Typically, however, you will use Light Screen before Reflect as Klefki has quite good physical bulk, given the EV investment.
Light Screen - This is Klefki's most useful Screen. Light Screen is typically needed to help pokemon set up, as Slowbro, Zygarde, and Kartana struggle setting up sometimes without Screen support. Try to keep up Screens when a threatening special breaker such as Tapu Lele or Charizard-Y is around.
Defog - While this Klefki used to run Hidden Power Ice to shock Landorus-Therian, BanDisnDatnMe and I discovered that Defog was much more beneificial. While this team is no stall team, it can occasionally switch around a lot, and Defog helps keep our side clear of hazards. Note that Defog does remove your opponent's Screens, but not your own.
Fairy Lock - Klefki is the only pokemon that can learn this move. Fairy Lock is the reason we are running Klefki, and the whole reason this team has any viability. I came across this move looking at an old generation 6 moveset for Klefki, and I knew it had potential in OU. Let me explain the mechanics of this move. Fairy Lock traps Klefki and the opponent in for the next turn-- no one can switch next turn. You should ONLY use Fairy Lock when the opponent will faint you this turn, our you will faint due to a status ailment. Fairy Lock is not a spammable move; if it is used; using Fairy Lock next turn will cause the move to fail. After Klefki has fainted, go into a trapping sweeper and proceed to trap the pokemon permanently, to use as setup fodder.

EV Spread - Light Clay allows Klefki to extend the length of screens' effects from five to eight turns, giving teammates more time to benefit from them. The EV spread and nature allows Klefki to maximize its physical bulk, letting it more easily take on physical threats such as Mega Scizor. Prankster causes Klefki's support moves to have priority, making up for Klefki's suboptimal Speed.

Defensive Prowess

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Klefki in Psychic Terrain: 185-218 (58.1 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 225-265 (80 - 94.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Tapu Bulu Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Klefki: 110-130 (34.5 - 40.8%) -- 63.9% chance to 3HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

+2 252 Atk Kartana All-Out Pummeling (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Klefki through Reflect: 187-220 (58.8 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Klefki: 93-110 (29.2 - 34.5%) -- 6.5% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Klefki: 256-303 (80.5 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Fairy Lock
- Defog

Kartana_SL.gif
x kartana gif.gif

Kartana
Bag_Normalium_Z_Sprite.png

Normailum Z
Beast Boost
Bag_Swift_Wing_Sprite.png SPE.png
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature icon.png
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
IVS.png
19 Atk
20px-Grass-attack.png
Leaf Blade
Giga Impact
Sword Dance
20px-Fighting-attack.png
Sacred Sword

Pinkacross: Kartana is a great sweeper, and a wincon when facing particularly difficult balance teams. Z-Giga impact is a great move, able to take down threats like Zapdos, Venusaur-Mega, and Toxapex after minimal wear. Kartana is one of the best pokemon in the metagame, with a massive attack stat and satisfactory speed. Speed boosting Kartana is a set hat exchanges attack for a fantastic amount of speed after only a single boost. Kartana's attack remains enough to take down its threats after a Swords Dance, and it can be particularly devistating late game. Kartana has 3 roles on this team. The first is taking advantage of a passive lead or team, and breaking up the opponent's team early on for the trappers to have an easier time winning, seting up, and PP stalling. The second occurs when the opponent's team is already sufficiently worn down, and Kartana can be given and entrance by Klefki or another pokemon's death. It can then setup, and strive to end the game as a wincon. The third role is to act as a stopper of slow setup sweepers, such as Calm Mind Keldeo, Swords Dance Landorus, and Garchomp. Often people consider speed boosting Kartana an 'unset' and a waste of Kartana's massive attack stat. However, Kartana has 108 base speed, and it's attack is lowered near to that of an Adamant natured pokemon with a 108 attack. Considering this, it is easy to see that Kartana remains a threatening attacker, despite the lack of investment. Furthermore, the extra HP on Kartana is extremely useful for bulk while setting up, and it can live many hits that normal Kartana would fall to.

Leaf Blade - Kartana's primary and most useful STAB move. Leaf Blade is great for attacking neutral walls to Kartana such as Landorus-Therian, Toxapex, and Clefable. Leaf Blade also allows Kartana to bypassthe threat of it's sweep being stopped by Quagsire.
Giga Impact (Breakneck Blitz): This Z-move is great for breaking past Zapdos, Charizard-Mega-Y, Victini, Toxapex, Venusuar-Mega, and more. This often helps Kartana begin a sweep, after using Swords Dance. This Z move can also be used unboosted to revenge kill or finish off a pokemon that Kartana does not normaly faint.
Sword Dance - One of the best setup moves in pokemon, certainly the best on a speed boosting Kartana. Kartana can double its attack in one turn, allowing it to OHKO a large part of the metagame. SD is also particularly good on Screens, as Kartana reaps the full benefit of the bulk.
Sacred Sword - An aboslute neccessity for Kartana. Sacred Sword is incredible coverage, allowing for Kartana to hit steel types that would otherwise wall it such as Heatra, Scizor-Mega, and Ferrothorn.

EV/IV Spread - Timid nature with 0 Atk EVs, and 19 or less Atk IVs. As well as max speed, in order to get Beast Boost to boost your speed to set up a sweep.

Offensive Prowess

+2 0- Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 340-401 (88.7 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 0- Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 506-596 (169.2 - 199.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 0- Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 88 Def Venusaur-Mega: 327-385 (90 - 106%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

+2 0- Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 290-342 (95.7 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Black Sludge recover
y
+1 0- Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 345-406 (108.1 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 0- Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 250-295 (63.4 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0- Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 220-259 (61.4 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 Atk
- Leaf Blade
- Giga Impact
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword

Zygarde_XY.gif
x fire.gif

Zygarde
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Leftovers

Aura Break
Bag_Clever_Wing_Sprite.png SPD.png
252 HP / 90 Atk / 166 SpD
nature icon.png
Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
20px-Fighting-attack.png
Thousand Waves
20px-Dragon-attack.png
Coil
20px-Psychic-attack.png
Rest
Extreme Speed

Pinkacross: Zygarde is perhaps the best trapper on our team; certainly the best trapper facing offensive teams. Zygarde is argueably an S-tier pokemon in the current meta, and it can run a wide range of sets which no one pokemon can counter. This is an entirely new set, and perhaps the most threatening set out there. Thousand Waves is an insanely good move. It does 90 damage, just like Thousand Arrows, except instead of hitting flying types, it traps in the opponent's pokemon. Permanently. This is an extremely convenient move to use after a Fairy Lock pass from a Klefki. The origional set BanDisnDatnMe created was a Block and Thousand Arrows variant, but I discovered Thousand Waves, and knew that a +6 Extreme Speed facing an offensive team was too good to turn down. Zygarde is not limited, however, to being passed into with a Fairy Lock. Zygarde can often lure in pokemon such as Tapu Bulu, Ferrothorn, and even other Zygarde, which can then be used as setup fodder. People tend to switch a lot of things into Zygarde to be setup on, particularly when Zygarde is burned or poisoned. As far as EVs go, we wanted as much special defense as we could get. Obviously on a coil variant would want lots of special defense, as it cannot acquire it through setup, and we rely on Zygarde as a special wall for things that Snorlax cannot wall. However, 90 attack on zygarde guarentees an OHKO on offensive Koko from a +6 Extreme Speed. It also makes sure Defensive Zapdos are 2HKOd by a +6 Extreme Speed. Without this attack, Tapu Koko would be free to deal massive damage to Zygarde by means of a Choice Specs Hidden Power Ice, or a Twinkle Tackle.

Thousand Waves - A fantastic STAB move, as well as a great way of trapping in the opponent. Thousand Waves allow us to bypass the need for Block, which is a wasted moveslot when a pokemon has an attack that traps. Thousand Waves is Zygarde's primary form of attack, and it allows room for Extreme Speed. Note, however, that you can feel free to run Block and Thousand Arrows, as this will make your offensive matchup worse, but compensate slightly by helping your matchup vs. Whirlwind Skarmory.
Coil - This is an exceptional setup move, boosting both attack and defense. It allows for Zygarde to setup on pokemon such as Swords Dance Tapu Bulu, Ferrothorn, and nearly every other physical attacker in the tier.
Rest - Allows Zygarde to maintain it's health points, as well as keep it free of status. Rest also permits Zygarde to freely switch in on Toxapex Scalds, take Toxics, and generally play more freely surrounding status. Rest combined with Coil also allows Zygarde to setup on most of the physical OU metagame.
Extreme Speed - This allows Zygarde to hit flying types, as well as OHKO fast pokemon threatening it with Ice type moves at +6. Extreme Speed also helps Zygarde take down low HP threats such as a Hawlucha that has taken 2 Scald from Slowbro without getting burned.

EV Spread - 90 Attack EVs allow Zygarde to 1HKO Tornadus-T and Tapu Koko. The rest of the EVs are used to maximize Zygarde's special bulk. Maximum Special Defense prevents weaker special attacks such as Tangrowth's Hidden Power Ice from dealing a chunck of damage, while Coil makes up for its Defense. Leftovers is the essential item, allowing Zygarde to make the Rest gimmick less unwise.

Offensive Prowess

90 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 408-480 (105.6 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 90 Atk Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 203-239 (53 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+6 90 Atk Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 287-338 (102.1 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 90 Atk Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja-Ash: 345-407 (121 - 142.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 90 Atk Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Tangrowth: 159-188 (39.4 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+6 90 Atk Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Medicham-Mega: 286-337 (109.5 - 129.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 90 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 202-238 (51.2 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Defensive Prowess

0- SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 166+ SpD Zygarde: 136-160 (32.3 - 38%) -- 0.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 166+ SpD Zygarde: 158-188 (37.6 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tapu Bulu Horn Leech vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zygarde in Grassy Terrain through Reflect: 86-102 (20.4 - 24.2%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

252 SpA Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 166+ SpD Zygarde: 105-124 (25 - 29.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zygarde through Reflect: 52-62 (12.3 - 14.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 90 Atk / 166 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Coil
- Rest
- Extreme Speed

Snorlax_XY.gif
x fox.gif

Snorlax
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Leftovers
Thick Fat
Bag_Clever_Wing_Sprite.png SPD.png
252 HP/ 208 SpD / 48 Spe
nature icon.png
Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
Frustration
20px-Psychic-attack.png
Curse
20px-Psychic-attack.png
Rest
Block

BanDisnDatnMe: The spotlight cannot be taken off Snorlax, as it normally leads the team to the most anticipated grudge battles ever to exist. While Snorlax makes it for an entertaining romp, it seemingly looks so far excommunicated from the central issues of detering both Whirlwind Skarmory as Curse Mega Scizor that one has to wonder if Snorlax has ruined whatever chance there was for a real, red-hot blowoff to the Blocking team. Regardless of its harmless semblance, Snorlax can competely turn things into a playground of finality and violence. When at +6 stages of Attack, Snorlax lands jaw-dropping Frustrations in a whole unabashed savagery mode. The display of fearlessness by Snorlax is merly exclamation points on the insanity. Whenever Snorlax traps Zapdos, burned Toxapex or Ferrothorn this set becomes more datardly and goes even further across the line with its Attack and Defense stages augmented to the maximum unleashing a foiled attack. Snorlax might be labeled as the weakest link to the naked eye. That newfound downside worked to its favor since the unexpected factor comes to play and Snorlax's frustation boils over. If you are truly a risk-taker and do not feel as to eluding this Blocking Snorlax's set, then you will enjoy of its gargantuan base 160 HP and desirable base 110 Special Defense, regardless of it facing stiff competition from Chansey and Blissey. Its base 110 Attack stat is nothing to scoff at either, as Snorlax is renowned for 2HKOing, at minimum, a lot of bulky threats. Thick Fat is a godsend of an ability for Snorlax, as it grants two free resistances to Fire- and Ice-type attacks. Lastly, Snorlax is able to reliably check a complete offensive spectrum, taking on special powerhouses such as Ash-Greninja or Volcarona. Snorlax is also the most trustworthy answer to Blacephalon, one of the biggest threats in the metagame.

Frustration - Boasts consistency, good single-move coverage, and power on its own even without investment or boosts.
Curse - It's the set's namesake (Blocking CurseLax) that raises Snorlax's already high Attack while patching up its weak Defense, while Rest provides the healing move that is mandatory for an effective wall.
Rest - Provides the healing move that is mandatory for an effective wall.
Block - Prevents a foe from escaping, letting Snorlax Curse/Rest/Furstration stall it to death and eliminate key threats to its team.

EV Spread - The given EV spread is used to make it an excellent special tank that can stomach a great deal of powerful special attacks. 48 Speed EVs to outspeed both Toxapex as Reuniclus, easing things up when it comes to pp stalling these two.

Defensive Prowess

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Snorlax: 154-183 (29.3 - 34.9%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Snorlax: 214-252 (40.8 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Victini Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Snorlax: 154-182 (29.3 - 34.7%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Snorlax: 228-270 (43.5 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Snorlax: 106-126 (20.2 - 24%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Snorlax: 163-193 (31.1 - 36.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Zapdos Discharge vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Snorlax: 73-87 (13.9 - 16.6%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery

8 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Snorlax: 124-147 (23.6 - 28%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Diancie-Mega Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Snorlax: 231-273 (44 - 52%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

200 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Snorlax: 99-117 (18.8 - 22.3%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Frustration
- Curse
- Rest
- Block

BanDisnDatnMe: Alright guys, so I wanna thank you all for making it till here (for those who did), and I wanted to go out of my way to let you know that I'd appreciate if you read this enthralling interview which my friend Mirbro participated in:

Interviewer: What do you think about the new BanDisnDatnMe and Pinkacross's team that have been spammed on the ladder these last days?
Tirantloblanc: Just Blocking.

Interviewer: What? What do you want to say?
Tirantloblanc: This team just blocked my ideas to come out. Honestly, there are two point-of-views for this team. Initially the opponent will want to see the synergies and its win-cons. That's the normal way.
But you, as a Blocking player, will want to see which of your Pokémons can block the other one easily. That's the tough and magic part: without selling the product (Block) you must predict and oversee when the can close the deal without problems.
Interviewer: Is this one of those teams that are considered: "Braindead"?
Tirantloblanc: It is not easy but when you close the door (Block) then you will have a great conversation that will last a lot of turns with your opponent. Is this not a great way to make friends?
Interviewer: I get your point but how would you summarize the main goal of the team?
Tirantloblanc: Do you want to know the secret? If you are not sure of which Pokémon is the best one, choose Bro. Far beyond of being a beast, any opponent Pokémon does not want to be in the same room with a Bro that has a calm mind and Rest for a long debate ;).

BanDisnDatnMe: And last but surely not least, I got here an amazing fren of mine!! She is CamilaCruz or Cami Neko<3 and I will share with you guys the most epic reaction to the team ever to exist:

Cami Neko<3: ❝This team is everything I swore I'd never feel for a team...❞.

Threats
Skarmory_icon.png

Skarmory (Whirlwind)
BanDisnDatnMe:
Whirlwind Skarmory can be dealt the majority of the times late game where Whirlwind has zero functionality. Outside of that, Scald spam is a way to kind of cripple it, but in the end it remains to be the biggest vulnerability this team has. Also Ditto can be supportive when it comes to defogging Spikes and Roost all the way up as a way to kinda disrupt Skarmory's momentum.

Mega-Scizor_icon.png

Mega Scizor (Curse)
BanDisnDatnMe:
For Mega Scizor, if a burn from Sclad can be placed on it, then you just put yourself in a good position. Other than that, My best advice is to Block Mega Scizor with Zygarde only to have it waste at least 6 of its Curse PPs. Then if Snorlax can do about the same it would be greatly appreciated. Mega Scizor is not troublesome if you already blocked a foe with Mega Slowbro and you managed to get it to +6 stages of Special Attack and Special Defense.

Hawlucha_icon.png

Hawlucha
Pinkacross:
Hawlucha is rarely an issue, and not a threat at all with a bit of luck. If a Hawlucha comes in and activates its seed, go into Slowbro, Mega Evolve, and proceed to spam Scald. If the first Scald burns, threat neutralized. If the second burns, the Hawlucha is also no longer an issue. If Slowbro ends up fainting because of getting the second burn, or no burn at all, go into Zygarde and Extreme Speed-- 2 Scalds plus and Extreme Speed will guarentee kill.

Shedinja_icon.png

Shedinja
BanDisnDatnMe:
There's not really a way to wear Shedinja down. The only option to take into account is to cripple it with ditto, but other than that, what could be done in this scenario is you make an attempt to fully use the Ditto + Regenarator gimmick. That way there's nothing Shedinja can really do. Here, constant switch ins can be expected from regen Slowbro to Snorlax to Ditto and so on, the goal is to play around it with you having to sacrifice little to nothing.

Serperior_icon.png

Serperior
Pinkacross:
Serperior is a threat, but typically enough pressure can be applied to punish the opponent for using Leaf Storm. When a Serperior comes in, it will usually be to either Klefki or Slowbro. From here, you will either switch in Zygarde or Snorlax. Zygarde is a more reliable check as it carries Extreme Speed, and guarentess that Ditto does not have a substitute to stop its transformation. Snorlax, however, is a better initial switch. If the opponent uses Leaf Storm, Serperior can be scared out with a Frustration. However, if the Serperior uses Substitute, apply Zygarde, take the Leech Seed, Coil as Serperior Leaf Storms, and use Extreme Speed to break the substitute before fainting, leaving Serperior open for Ditto to steal.

Replays

200+ Turns Battles:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-805416524
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-804698601
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-805158235

How to derail Phazing Moves:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-804670227

Curse Mega Scizor + Gastrodon Loop:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-806146608

How to derail Stall:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-809469186

Mirror battles:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-808487455

Against Rain team:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-809050377

Against Sticky Web:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-806564188

Double Screen Offense:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-804688503
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-806572869
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-805839654

TR
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-810214519

Against Excadrill + Greninja Spikes Offense:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-804843615

Against Sun Team:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-806140909
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-806579978

Epic comeback:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-809996279
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-804847535

Fairy Lock Occurance:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-805439200

Bonus replays [Must watch]
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-806385066 VS Mimolette's team
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-804757045 VS SCHOLARSHIPS
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-810607320 VS Latioswar
Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 90 Atk / 166 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Coil
- Rest
- Extreme Speed

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Block

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Giga Impact
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword

Klefki @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Fairy Lock
- Defog

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Frustration
- Curse
- Rest
- Block

Limousines

CamilaCruz

AnnaKartanna

Storm Zone

Aurella

Essence

Mirbro

Borrower

branflakes

Dark Elegy

isuckstbattles

Gintrax

manols

Crime♡

dia_sre

Fantastic_fuego

ilosetostalloroffense

Idud

nintendonoah

ZombieFriedChicken

Predator 30

hkjjljih

Austin Whitaker

StayHighAllTheTime

Lil Win

XxAwesomePlayzxX

HCJB

Tenebricite

Posho

Kyurem Stall
Mega-Sableye_ROZA.gif

Skarmory (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 194 Def / 62 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Substitute
- Earth Power

Druddigon BP
Druddigon.gif
Mega-Mawile_XY.gif

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense

Scolipede (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn
- Protect
- Substitute

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam

Espeon (F) @ Kee Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang
- Sword Dance

Druddigon (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Timid Nature
IVs: -31 Atk
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Kommo-o Belly Drum HO

Druddigon (M) @ Mental Herb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Hypnosis

Pinsir (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Double Blob Hyper Stall
quagsire.gif
Mega-Sableye_ROZA.gif
blissey.gif

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 194 Def / 62 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Supreme Hazard-Less Setup Boosting Team - BUMMO
Mega-Charizard_X_XY.gif
tapukoko.gif
quagsire.gif
clefable2.gif
espeon2.gif
necrozma.gif

XX Juggernaut (Charizard-Mega-X) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Roost
- Belly Drum
- Dragon Claw

WutUsworeUwontC (Tapu Koko) @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Defog

Quagsire (M) @ Waterium Z
Impish Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Recover
- Curse
- Amnesia

What'sLeftOfMe?:3 (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Cosmic Power
- Charge Beam

HateU2TheMoon&Back (Espeon) (F) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

AFlightOfFancy (Necrozma) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stored Power
- Rest
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind

Tailwind Offense
Hoopa_Unbound_ORAS.gif
Blacephalon_USUM.gif
Tapu_Lele_SM.gif
mew.gif
whimsicott.gif
tornadus.gif

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Mind Blown
- Flamethrower

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Whimsicott (F) @ Lagging Tail
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Tailwind
- Encore
- Defog
- U-turn

Mew @ Mental Herb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Superpower

Glare Offense
Gyarados_XY.gif
Blacephalon_USUL.gif
Serperior_XY.gif
Druddigon.gif
Kartana_SL.gif
Zygarde_XY.gif

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Flame Charge

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Druddigon (M) @ Mental Herb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Kartana @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword

Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 188 HP / 140 Atk / 180 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Glare
- Coil
- Substitute

Sun team

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Giga Impact

Cresselia @ Heat Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance
- Sunny Day

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Flame Charge

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Weather Ball
- Growth
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Omastar Hazard Setter Lead HO

Zygarde_XY.gif
Azelf_XY.gif
Omastar_XY.gif

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Spikes
- Shell Smash
- Stealth Rock

Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 216 Atk / 28 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Coil
- Dragon Dance

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Hypnosis

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Requirements

Pinkacross and I came up with a sort of slogan for our partnership, called Terrorize YOUR Tier, or TYT. It symbolizes a Fallen Bridge and it signals the disruption of a certain Tier (OU Tier).

We are willing to allow people with teambuilding skills into the TYT, which will essentialy be a network of creative teambuilders that help users with good, creative ideas, and construct quirky teams that work very well, and Terrorize The Tier.

So Pinkacross and I can see who we should add into the TYT, we created the TYT Test.

Here is the test:

The tester (Pinkacross or I) will give you a Pokemon, idea, or theme to build around.

You will have 10 minutes to construct a team.

After 10 minutes, you will be challenged by your tester.

You will face 5 teams of a standard nature, and will have to win at least 3 times to be admitted.

ELASTIC CLAUSE: These rules are not set in stone. If you are a douchebag, it doesn't matter if you win 5 out of 5 games. Similarly, if your team proves inadequate and your plays are noobish, you won't be admitted even if you hax 5 out of 5 wins.

On the other side, you can try this test more than once, if your tester sees fit. If you get bad luck, but you're a qualified person, you can totally retry and get in.

At the end, don't take this too seriously. This isn't a mob gang, or a crew designed to make people not in it feel bad. The intent is to assemble a crew so we can bring the Smogon community cool teams faster, and better than ever!

BanDisnDatnMe TYT
Pinkacross TYT
Dem TYT
Borrower TYT
TYT Dreamer

N/A

1978.png

1972.png

Congrats to BanDisnDatnMe and Pinkacross for leaving a path of destruction on ladder by using Block Offense!!
Gentlemanbastards.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Well... I have no words for this. We have been talking about the team and I have seen how evolved so I would not be objective at all rating it. I will just add these words:

Using this team has two possible results. Or you get hated or loved. It will depend on the topics you use to talk with the opponent during the blocking time :]. Using that time to discover people is always great!

Well... I have no words for this. We have been talking about the team and I have seen how evolved so I would not be objective at all rating it. I will just add these words:

Using this team has two possible results. Or you get hated or loved. It will depend on the topics you use to talk with the opponent during the blocking time :]. Using that time to discover people is always great!
WOOOOOOOAAHHHHHHH! That's the key , "Using that time to discover people is always great! " Fam you're part of all this Block movement, you're clear a day one for the team and your support and encouraging words were fueling the team little by little to a point that it even peaked 1969 so thanks a whole lot, but ye that's def the key

Hi heat team man! Congrats on the peak and stuff, and I just wanted to point out one thing.

I've had trouble with Physically-based Protean Greninja, especially the ones with Z-Dig / Z-Fight. Snorlax dies to All-Out Pummeling while Klefki struggles against Tectonic Rage. You could say Slowbro is a check against Protean Gren, but being weak to U-turn really drains momentum against it and I have to play rather offensive against it, as we don't know whether it's Protean or Ash from the beginning.
But otherwise, I think the team is honestly awesome (and troublesome because now I'll be running into this every game and it'll fuck me up), and thanks for bringing more heat!

GeniusX

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
When i faced this team on ladder (i was the goodra user) i thought you just built a team revolving around purely fairy lock klefki+many set up sweepers in the back but i couldnt be more wrong. This team looks extremely nasty and i honestly love it. Other than that, since you didn't mention them in threatlist and etc, have mons such as z/specs koko and spikes gren/dark types been a problem to this team? Considering that both zygarde and lax can be chipped pretty fast if they cant rest under terrain and since the only defogger on this team is klefki, the prankster nerf prevents defogging on dark types, so stuff like spikes gren can set up all layers and be pretty annoying to deal with. Other than that this team looks fantastic so kudos to you 2 for building a viable block team.

Hi heat team man! Congrats on the peak and stuff, and I just wanted to point out one thing.

I've had trouble with Physically-based Protean Greninja, especially the ones with Z-Dig / Z-Fight. Snorlax dies to All-Out Pummeling while Klefki struggles against Tectonic Rage. You could say Slowbro is a check against Protean Gren, but being weak to U-turn really drains momentum against it and I have to play rather offensive against it, as we don't know whether it's Protean or Ash from the beginning.
But otherwise, I think the team is honestly awesome (and troublesome because now I'll be running into this every game and it'll fuck me up), and thanks for bringing more heat!
Well, against Physically-based Protean Greninja you would normally could being walling it with Slowbro, after that you could make an attempt to set up screens. But other than that, if you manage to land a Block on a foe and fully set up with whichever of the sweepers then can easily get rid of Protean Greninja. Also another way you could deter Protean Greninja is to try to get at +1 Spe with kart as you could either Giga Impact Z it or just Sacred Sword depending on its health. Nice to see you AwesomePlay, hope to see you around on PS again :) And thanks for all bro x) oh and don't be afraid of running into this team xD Well... Ok maybe do :p

When i faced this team on ladder (i was the goodra user) i thought you just built a team revolving around purely fairy lock klefki+many set up sweepers in the back but i couldnt be more wrong. This team looks extremely nasty and i honestly love it. Other than that, since you didn't mention them in threatlist and etc, have mons such as z/specs koko and spikes gren/dark types been a problem to this team? Considering that both zygarde and lax can be chipped pretty fast if they cant rest under terrain and since the only defogger on this team is klefki, the prankster nerf prevents defogging on dark types, so stuff like spikes gren can set up all layers and be pretty annoying to deal with. Other than that this team looks fantastic so kudos to you 2 for building a viable block team.
Yeah I remember you, you gave me a tough fight dawg, well tbh, Tapu Koko has never been a problem for the team, this fares so well against Tapu Koko + Hawlucha core, even though they might seem threating for the team, but gaainst Koko, take in mind Zygarde is Special Defense invested and can take upwards 2 HP Ice, so most of the time Zygarde will just set up or even get to kill it with Waves if it decides to actually HP Ice you, not a big deal in fact, Extreme Speed can also help wear it down, Snorlax can even trap it if Koko isn't running Taunt or an exit move (Choice Specs). Klefki can even support Slowbro if you wanna get a burn on it too, and ditto could also wear it down. Thanks for going out of your way and let us kow fren, greatly appreciate it :)

To add to some of the advice on dealing with Koko-- make sure you play cautiously around it. Tapu Koko's threat to the team lies not in it's offensive pressure, but the fact that Electric Terrain stops sleep, and therefore Rest. Zygarde is almost always a great Tapu Koko switchin, as it makes sure Tapu Koko can't do much damage to anything without losing momentum. Yes, Koko can still U-turn, but you will have healthy pokemon to deal with whatever comes in. In general, don't let the team get too worn down when facing Tapu Koko, as it's ability negates our only healing moves on this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)