Tournament BLT III: Best 'Leaderboarders' Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus

Art by sirDonovan , Modified from Vapo's thread.

Hey, everyone! As I'm sure you all are well aware, the Tournaments room is an official room on PS, alongside the Lobby and Help rooms. We focus on utilizing the tournament script to its maximum potential and thus created the Best 'Leaderboarders' Tournament. Seasons I and II were a huge success, so we are bringing it back for another round!

What is BLT, and how do I participate?

Essentially, whenever we have a scripted tournament within the room, the top four players get a certain number of points based on the prominence of the tour. There are also four official tournaments every day, the formats of which decided on beforehand in our monthly schedule. Every time someone receives points from a tournament, it is documented by our room-bot, Lady Monita. At the end of each cycle (around two weeks), we look to see who has the most points on the leaderboard, and the top player is recorded in our Hall of Fame.

This will be the basis for the qualification for BLT.

The top twelve on the leaderboard for the cycles in March, April, and May will be guaranteed a spot in the tournament on one of eight eleven-player teams. Managers and assmen (assistant managers) will choose which qualified players they would like on their team (our website will have player stats to see which tiers the players excel in). Managers will also choose their two substitutes from a certain area further down the leaderboard, so if you don’t make it into the top twelve, you still have a chance of getting onto a team!

What are the teams, and how will they be set up?

The eight teams are as follows:
The draft will take place on June 4th at 3PM GMT-4. We will be utilizing a Snake Draft to draft the qualified players and substitutes between the eight teams. What this means is the last team to pick a player in round one of the draft will be the first to pick a player in round two. This team will be last to pick again in round three, and so on. This is done in an effort to keep teams as evenly skilled as possible. The order in which the teams pick initially will be randomized at the start of the draft.

What tiers are played, and how will battles be completed?

The tiers that will be played are:
  • ORAS Ubers
  • ORAS OU
  • ORAS OU
  • ORAS UU
  • ORAS RU
  • ORAS NU
  • ORAS PU
  • ORAS LC
  • ORAS Doubles OU
This season of BLT will work a bit differently. Instead of having two groups of four teams, the first stage will feature seven weeks of each team playing one another once. A win in a week will result in a team receiving three points, a loss will result in zero points, and a draw in one. At the end of the first stage, the top four teams with the most points will advance to the semi-finals, which will be played one week later. We will have this break for players to prepare and to settle ties, should there be any.

How will the substitutes work?

To encourage parity in the tournament, the substitutes will be chosen in the final two rounds of the draft. These players will have to have placed 13th-20th on the leaderboard in at least one cycle between March and May. Keep in mind that in case of inactivity these players will have to step in and play whichever tier is needed, so versatility is key! Every manager will pick two substitutes, so tryouts in multiple tiers are your best bet if you didn’t qualify!

Activity Calls

Make contact with your opponents! Every season we have to make activity calls that displease one party member. To prevent this, post a VM on their Smogon wall to try to set a date for the battle. If you do this via PM’s or in The Dojo, save logs and screenshots so that in the event of an activity call, you get it to go your way. Leave time zones, preferred time to play, and be specific. We want to encourage as much activity as possible and prevent ties in the tournament.

What if there is a tie?

Using the system in place from the last tournament, we will have a BO3 be played. Each manager will have 24 hours to choose one tier after the tie has been announced. Failure to comply will result in their choice being defaulted to ORAS OU. In addition to the two manager picks, the third tier will be ORAS OU. The managers will announce their picks in the thread or via PM to me, and will then submit their lineups for the three tiers. This will only come into effect in the event that there is a tie for the final four spots of the first stage, in the semi-finals, or in the finals.

Will there be prizes?

To encourage people to qualify, complete their matches on-time and make sure they don't go inactive once the tournament starts, we will have a few prizes. They are as follows:

A nomination for Voice (+) rank in the Tournaments room: This will be awarded to the top three players with the most individual wins on the winning team of the tournament. Keep in mind that this is not a guaranteed promotion and is subject to change. Each nomination will be discussed among the staff, focusing on sportsmanship throughout the tournament, activity, and chat presence. This is subject to change, since we have a few surprises in store for you guys!

Team entry in the Hall of Fame: The winning team will be recorded in the Hall of Fame which is displayed on our website for all to see. This will be great for bragging rights to your friends!

In-game prize: If you have a copy of XY or ORAS, we will be breeding a good Pokémon for everyone on the winning team. The specific Pokémon hasn't been decided yet, but it'll definitely be good!

The first two seasons of the Best 'Leaderboarders' Tournament were received well and were a lot of fun for all involved. However, it was not without flaws, so this time around we intend to fix up the issues the previous season had to create a more enjoyable experience for everyone. This is just an announcement of the start of the next qualifying season for BLT, and to inform you all that getting points over the next six biweekly periods will be much more important than normal. Feel free to use this thread to discuss BLT and ask any questions you may have. We hope to see you all in Tournaments chat! Good luck, and have fun!

Celestic Clefables | Manager: Jetpack; Assman: HiMyNamesL
Subs:
  • Omastar (omastar)
  • Be blood my haterr

Ecruteak Elekids | Manager: Feliburn; Assman: Hannahh
Subs:

Fallarbor Florges | Manager: Always!; Assman: Vapo
Subs:

Hearthome Hydreigons | Manager: Eyan; Assman: Winry
Subs:

Dendemille Dedennes | Manager: Scyther no Swiping; Assman: CS2016
Subs:

Lilycove Mawiles | Manager: Reisen Inaba; Assman: Pottie Scippen.
Subs:
  • TUO (TUO)
  • Blitzburgh

Snowpoint Snovers | Manager: Jarii; Assman: miltankmilk
Subs:

Slateport Shedinjas | Manager: GXS; Assman: Happen
Subs:

Last edited:
I see Azurill.
Who the fuck would choos-
*sees Ace*
Oh. Makes sense

I'll find the BLT II fanfics some other time then. They're laying around in a mess of data somewhere I can't be bothered to dig in still lol

Welcome to BLT PU!

If you want to make the finals but not win the finals you better draft me. I am the only player to make it to finals in both BLT's. Plus they say third times the charm, right??? RIGHT???

Yesss..!! I'll have time in those period and seems like it won't be difficult to qualify :/ but having fun more import. than winning moreover congratz petyer on managing BLT III :] LEZZ DO THIS!!! Happy New Year!
don't you dare forget this harsh .

Last edited:
Reactions: ojr

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
So no way for someone like me, who doesn't go to the tour room, to join? Hannahh :(
Also this format looks cooler, should be fun even from spectator end as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)