Tournament BLT III: Best 'Leaderboarders' Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
so a few questions

can the substitutes post their tiers of preference? because i doubt the managers would know them all, so since having personally been in the last 2 blts, substitutes were actually the biggest flaw in the tournament, so i'm wondering how efficient is the 13th-20th system, hoping it wouldnt be a random choice of usernames.

will we have an official spreadsheet for all players posted based on the posts here? last blt, and of course this isnt to criticise any drafting skill/plan of any manager, but it isn't a secret that some teams end up unbalanced despite these kind of posts that did make it last year to blt. i do know that the draft order, the managing skills, etc, interfere, but we did have teams with multiple same tier players (ex lc), no doubles players (2 teams last time), etc... in the teams of the previous seasons. again, this isn't to shoot down any managing descisions, nor underestimate players but more of a way to perhaps ensure more balance, making blt less "one sided"
solution:make me a manager <<<

(i wish we had more colorful pokemon mascots ;~;)

what would the + and higher get if they rank in the top 3 players? this aint to secure a prize for them or something, but more like to not "skip" players who'd have earned it just because they have the rank. effort recognition

i disagree with the deciding tier being ou because that imposes unfairness, to me at least. it can lead to prioritizing securing the ou tier and such, i wouldnt be surprised to see ou players being taken r1 (if anything, we should NOT have ou as the tier breaker due to it being the most played tier throughout the tournament) . therefore i'd be much more inclined to follow a vetoing system, a !pick for the last one, etc. i'd also prefer a bo5 instead of three, because while it does make it longer, i still think it'll fit in a week, and more drama/exitement. also helps with the veto system.

while i am not against it, i do wonder why are we following a snake and not bidding style draft. this is just a question to clarify, not suggest something

this is more or less very personal thoughts, so dont flame me ;~; am just a 3rd time blt-er looking to get swept improve the experience of all the qualifiers and managers, and future blts as we all do agree on the fact that blt rocks.

with all respect to the host/rules and effort put into this by all. thank you !

so a few questions

can the substitutes post their tiers of preference? because i doubt the managers would know them all, so since having personally been in the last 2 blts, substitutes were actually the biggest flaw in the tournament, so i'm wondering how efficient is the 13th-20th system, hoping it wouldnt be a random choice of usernames.
Subs will be announced after the final cycle for the simple reason that some subs qualify and I have to remove them from the list. It's a long process of double checking but subs will get a chance to post too.

will we have an official spreadsheet for all players posted based on the posts here? last blt, and of course this isnt to criticise any drafting skill/plan of any manager, but it isn't a secret that some teams end up unbalanced despite these kind of posts that did make it last year to blt. i do know that the draft order, the managing skills, etc, interfere, but we did have teams with multiple same tier players (ex lc), no doubles players (2 teams last time), etc... in the teams of the previous seasons. again, this isn't to shoot down any managing descisions, nor underestimate players but more of a way to perhaps ensure more balance, making blt less "one sided"
solution:make me a manager <<<
I have a spreadsheet that lists the players and will be available to the managers and their assistants. Regarding your second post, draft strategy is ups to the managers themselves and they are free to pick whatever they think they need or is available in the draft.

what would the + and higher get if they rank in the top 3 players? this aint to secure a prize for them or something, but more like to not "skip" players who'd have earned it just because they have the rank. effort recognition
We currently have plans to give ingame Pokemon for the winners of the tour. However a voice promotion for the MVP of the tour isn't automatic since like room leader board promotions staff judges if the person had a good presence, was active, and represents the room well.

i disagree with the deciding tier being ou because that imposes unfairness, to me at least. it can lead to prioritizing securing the ou tier and such, i wouldnt be surprised to see ou players being taken r1 (if anything, we should NOT have ou as the tier breaker due to it being the most played tier throughout the tournament) . therefore i'd be much more inclined to follow a vetoing system, a !pick for the last one, etc. i'd also prefer a bo5 instead of three, because while it does make it longer, i still think it'll fit in a week, and more drama/exitement. also helps with the veto system.
The managers and myself decided this was the way to go with tie breaker because OU is the most popular tier.The managers then get to each select a tier in the tie-breaker that will be played. So the BO3 will have one mandatory tier and two optional tiers. What the managers select is what will form the last two tiers. As to draft strategies, wouldn't PU be a priority since only a handful of players play it at a high level and you want your team to do well all around? This is probably the biggest non-issue.

while i am not against it, i do wonder why are we following a snake and not bidding style draft. this is just a question to clarify, not suggest something
In fairness to all the managers we decided to stick with the current format. We want all managers to be comfortable with a draft and a snake does that. Another issue we addressed was the difficulty to fit an auction in everyone's schedule since they take longer. For the foreseeable future we will stick to snake drafts.

Last edited:
Do substitutes only play if someone can't make it to a match, or will managers sub in the substitutes if a starter is playing poorly?

ggopw

Banned deucer.
PS Name: ggopw
Tiers Play: PU(rly good at it 6 0 ed omfuga won couple tours one 6 0 and 1471 points at the ladder RN if any proof is needed i have everything except that 6 0 in a tour unfortunately) also Ou if is needed
Time Zone: Central europen time -1 of UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)