Tournament BLT III: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus

Art by sirDonovan; Modified from Vapo's thread

Welcome to the semifinals of BLT III! The two teams that win this week will advance to the finals! Matches will be played in standard ORAS tiers on the main PS! server.

Basic tournament rules (you absolutely should read these, especially if you're new to forum tournaments):

Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. The punishment could be as severe as a server ban (which is an instant loss for you), forum infraction, or disqualification. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done, and I will not be granting any extensions for any reasons. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this season as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Managers are free to substitute out inactive players at any point during the week with any subs they chose during the draft. Be sure to post in the thread when making a substitution.

Here are this week's matchups! The format is PS! name (Smogon name, if different):

(4)
Fallarbor Florges (Always (Always!) and Vapo) vs. (5)
Hearthome Hydreigons (Eyan and Winry)
Ubers: Gunner Rohan Euphonos vs. mj20
OU 1: all falls down vs. Euli97 (Euli94)
OU 2: le fat kid vs. Pradhaaan
UU: Euphonos Uwoodz03 vs. Adaam
RU: naruto(sage) vs. Arifeen
NU: Karolynia (Karalynia) vs. Trade
PU: Lord Sample Team vs. blinkboy
LC: majaspic22 vs. Dream Eater Gengar
Doubles OU: hamhamhamham (Grum23) vs. Sopheon

(5)
Dendemille Dedennes (Scyther NO Swiping and CS2016) vs. (2)
Celestic Clefables (Jetpack and HiMyNamesL)
Ubers: EternalSnowman vs. Oshawott Fan
OU 1: GonxKillua vs. sand1234
OU 2: blazenix vs. OminousDraco
UU: DrReuniclus3 (DrReuniclus) vs. Raphael2711
RU: soTsoT vs. samjo
NU: Villa vs. AV99
PU: sanjay (Sanjay.) vs. Jeran (Akashi)
LC: kushal00 vs. parivard
Doubles OU: Silverwhiteblue vs. TheLastOne

Season records (maintained by Eyan and Trade)

**NEW** All BLT discussion will be held in the Tournaments sub-room The Dojo. The chat is now restricted to players and managers with modchat+. Please only use this thread to report contact, predictions, match results, or call activity if needed.

This week ends August 14th at 11:59PM EST/GMT -5. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: GXS
after a long discussion we playing on friday GMT+5:30 8pm, if it doesn't get on that time then saturday same time.No time on sunday.

Scottie

formerly Osh
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Played bad + misclicked.... (had I clicked frustration on the aegislsh rather than mislicking I would of got the extra chip damage I needed to revenge it with kyogre and proceed to win or just keep roosting off his gyros) but somehow won gg esm and im so sorry about the burn however I did get an absolute min roll but sorry anyway
0 SpA Primal Kyogre Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Pinsir in Heavy Rain: 237-280 (87.4 - 103.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-413692868

Last edited:
played a really fun game vs. Oshawott Fan and gg to him the dice was just not in my favor today (or any day for that matter), but i had fun :D

Also just wanna put a small rant here, skip over it if you please but I want to talk about my BLT experience since that could have been my last BLT game this year. I came into BLT kind of expecting to play OU and even with the 2 OU slots open I got into Ubers for the Dedennes and I was quite unhappy at that time. However over the 2 months since playing BLT I have really gotten to enjoy what it is like to play Ubers and I got to experiment with some of the tiers unique traits and quirks and got to play a lot of fun matches. Even though sometimes people may critique my teams and say that they are bad or unusable, I have a lot of fun experimenting with different teams and using pokemon that aren't generally seen like Landorus,MMaw, specsxern, MChomp or even this weeks MPinsir. While this BLT has been an up and down I view BLT as something that I can truly look back on with fond memories as it has only made me gain a lot of friends like Sanjay. Silverwhiteblue and all my other teammates. I think that BLT is something that truly allowed me to improve as a player and definitely something I am looking forward to come back and do next year!

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
lost gg
3/4 Blizzard misses and 3 full paras are really annoying and game changing but thats the game we play i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)