Tournament BLT IX - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

S/o lei for the beautiful logo!
Approved by Nol

• There will be 8 teams and the tournament will have about 2 weeks of manager signups, 2 months of qualifying, 7 weeks of round robin and 2 weeks of playoffs (not counting any potential tiebreakers). That places the end of the tournament sometime in July; managers are expected to be active throughout the tournament until that point.
  • Playing Managers: One manager can also be a player in the tournament. They will be self-bought for a flat price of 12.5k and must qualify to play via leaderboard points.
  • The tournament format is as follows:
Code:
SS Ubers
SS OU
SS OU
SS UU
SS RU
SS NU
SS PU
SS LC
SS Doubles OU
SS Monotype
The number of players per team is 14 (10 slots + 4 subs).​
  • If you want to manage a team in BLT IX, make a post using the below format. These are open signups, meaning any pair of users, regardless of auth status, is eligible to sign up. These pairs will be vetted and chosen by the hosts (me and Tranquility) with the help of Tournaments room staff. This thread will be open for a week whereupon managers will be decided!
    Code:
    Manager:
    Assistant Manager:
    Team Name:
    List of Accomplishments:
    Why would you make a Good Manager?:
The main thread for BLT IX will be posted on the 1st of March. Good luck!

Edit: Two managers per team is preferred, but aspiring solo managers who are 100 % confident about their activity levels throughout the entirety of the tournament will be allowed to sign up as well.

Last edited:
Manager:PrinceOfAllTacos
Assistant Manager: Ron
Team Name:Solaceon Solgaleos
List of Accomplishments: Won CPL V and runner up in the recent ZUPL
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I've been around the tours room scene for the past few years and involved in the past 3 BLT's including the last one as a manager I'm familiar with the event and room, Ron has managed in discord tours and a couple smogon tours. We understand how to manage a team and keep things light.

d02nO9K - Imgur.png
shoutout to Kaiju Bunny for the logo!

Last edited:
Manager: velvet
Assistant Manager: Seldanna
Team Name: Undella Town Urshifus
List of Accomplishments: Managed a few team tours which includes AGPL and NDPL, played in several other PLs or general team tours across the forum like NFE PL, OM Snake, and more. Co-hosted BW PL so I generally know what’s supposed to go down in team tours as this. Seldanna is no stranger to team tours either with their involvement in AG + Ubers team tours and community.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I’ve been involved with tours room for a few years now and always looked into BLT and even played in it but never really decided to manage in it until now. I know the players that are a part of the community and with Seldanna’s help I know we can succeed this years BLT. Looking forward to this event and will do my very best with my co-man.

E22DE854-9D52-44A7-BD29-CA38ACA5A97B.jpeg

s/o sleepyzen for the team logo

Manager: GXE
Assistant Manager: Blce
Team Name: Dressrosa Dracovishes
List of Accomplishments: Previous BLT winner, Previous TPP winner, PSPL tours winner (followed it up 4-0), TLT Top 16 like 3*, Blce does art for various tours room tours/managed TPP, former driver, dean's list last semester tbh, played in some PL's like SCL, UUPL, SPL, lcwc semi finalist, douwc finalist
Why would you make a Good Manager: Me and Blce have both previously been active in the tours room and plaza, and I've been a part of managing BLT for the previous two years. It's one of our favorite tours and we'd love to play a role in it this year. We both know the players pretty well and think it's a great community. We think we create a good team environment (had enjoyable teams with the turtwigs+hatterenes+pults) that will be fun for everyone and also a good learning experience+ we already have a logo in the works and discord server so pls accept our pairing :3

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Manager: temp
Assistant Manager: fabwooloo
Team Name: Great Marshadows
List of Accomplishments: previously managed in multiple seasons of BLT/TPP (consistently great drafts, unfortunate seasons) and played in and won a good bit of smaller scale team tours, some with a similar playerbase to BLT/TPP, some completely unrelated. joey's had wcop experience and has been support in some large scale team tours, so he knows the tournament environment well and it shows in his support
Why would you make a Good Manager?: u can ask pretty much any of our players from discord tours to tpp, but joey and I are extremely active in a majority of the tier channels, providing scouts, helping with building, and offering test games when needed—joey especially is a GOAT in these aspects. my draft plans are pretty meticulous and are pretty consistently considered to be some of the top teams when the auctions end. our team chats are fun, inviting and everyone seems to have a good time

2-8 the great marshadows.png

12-8 marshadow avi.png

1644919409348.png

StitChuu Bozo
Stitch.gif

our team discord

List of Accomplishments: previously managed in multiple seasons of BLT/TPP (consistently great drafts, unfortunate seasons) and played in and won a good bit of smaller scale team tours, some with a similar playerbase to BLT/TPP, some completely unrelated. joey's had wcop experience and has been support in some large scale team tours, so he knows the tournament environment well and it shows in his support
Why would you make a Good Manager?: u can ask pretty much any of our players from discord tours to tpp, but joey and I are extremely active in a majority of the tier channels, providing scouts, helping with building, and offering test games when needed—joey especially is a GOAT in these aspects. my draft plans are pretty meticulous and are pretty consistently considered to be some of the top teams when the auctions end. our team chats are fun, inviting and everyone seems to have a good time

our team discord
(CONFIRMING CO MANAGING WITH TEMP)

Last edited by a moderator:
Manager: mj
Assistant Manager: Xiri
Team Name: Lavender Laprases

List of Accomplishments: Participant in BLT I, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII (reaching finals twice, once as player and once as manager); won PSPL with tours room, won CPL V; former tours room RO; participant in various PLs
As for Xiri: Past SCL champion; two time Circuit Champion; also played/managed in multiple BLTs and TLTs, reaching finals as playing manager last BLT, and many more accomplishments I probaby forgot

Why would you make a Good Manager?:
Xiri and I most likely have the most experience when it comes to BLT (edit: trace gently reminded me that him+esm have a season more than us <.<). We've been on the same team since BLT V, and have managed together since BLT VI. We have always created a good team environment where we help everyone to improve and only gotten great feedback from our former players so far. After last years loss in the finals we are as motivated as ever to finally succeed and win the tour we have both loved for almost 10 years now (damn we are old D:)

lavender.png

Last edited:

Fluore

Kitsch
is a Tiering Contributor

our team discord
1644921995557.png

not signing up as manager but please don't pick him

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Manager: TTT x
Assistant Manager: Gray
Team Name: Santalune Swamperts
List of Accomplishments: we’re both previous blt winners (with the same team name), ttt went 6-1 in his first blt, was in Pokémon 2018 and 2019 world championships, was in vgcpl, has a lot of experience with draft leagues, and was in vgc winter league. I qualified for the last 2 OLTs while making top 8 in the former and my team won World Cup last year.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: we’re both very familiar with the tours room community and have participated in blt/tlt for over 4 years now, ttt has managed the previous two blts and is a former room voice. I have my fair share of managing experience in tours like pspl and cpl and we’re always motivated for this tour every year

Last edited:

Swiffix

pipowo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Manager: Swiffix
Assistant Manager: Monkey
Team Name: Pastoria Porygon-Z (we're the PPz and we're here to win!)
List of Accomplishments: I guess I played in last year's PSPL and Monkey won the first ever PG Monkey only tournament (very impressive resumes, I know).
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Cause we're winning, EZ PZ! In all seriousness, we'd like to have this first experience managing, and we'd love to build a cool team to enjoy this BLT and potentially try to win it! We're both experienced in managing groups of people, we're both easily reachable and in different enough timezones that one of us should always be able to answer, and we're down to help our team members improve by providing practice rounds or general advice.

Manager: crying
Assistant Manager: ez
Team Name: Majestic Milotics
List of Accomplishments: I Won TLT V, Top 16 of TLT IV, Quarterfinals of last TPP III, Participated in BLT VIII, Qualified for Smogon Tour, Won NDPL II, Won PTPL III. Ez has played in many big team tours such as SCL, SPL, WCOP. They also have made the finals of TPP III, won NDPL II, won Monotype World Cup, and won the OU circuit championship ribbon.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We managed a smogon team tour (nat dex pl) before and had great success winning the whole tour and obtaining a custom avatar meaning that we have 100% winrate as managers. We are both knowledgeable in every tier that will be played in this tour and are very excited, dedicated, and motivated for this

PA

Purgatory.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Manager: PA
Assistant Manager: kythr
Team Name: Ruin Valley Roserades
List of Accomplishments: Participant in V, VI, VII, VIII (reaching semifinals in the most recent one),; won PSPL with tours room, won omwc; tours staff for however long; participant in various PLs. Kythr has participated in BLTs V, VI, VII, VIII (BLT V & VI Champion); won TPP I & II Champion; TPI II Champion; was TPC II Runner-up; TLT IV Semifinalist; Won multiple LC, Monotype, NU circuit tours; Played in SCL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Pretty unfortunate to not make it to finals last year but we are dedicated to making it as much as a success as our previous season. Additionally, are known to making teams with great environments allowing others to befriend others much easier (i mean we literally had more than 50 people in our discord rof). That's pretty much it adios.
1644940929943.png

pannu

MEDKIT CUZ SHES HEALABLE
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager: pannuracotta
Assistant Manager: Ainzcrad
Team Name: Karasuno Kartanas
List of Accomplishments: I won ndpl1! ainzcrad Played in 2 blts, Won TPP 1 managed in TPP 3, played in UWC/OMWC for europe, Won mono blt, cappl, omfl. Also has prior experience managing a couple of other team tours like ndpl/ag snake.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I think that ainz and i both have generally good grasps at the tiers which are in BLT, as well as having a good understanding of the tours community. We are confident that we could draft a team with a good team environment, an alive chat, and will make an enjoyable experience for our team.
"I always try to support my players where ever i can, always try to know whats up and making the chat alive and generally comfortable to be in!"
-Ainzcrad, when i told him i was writing this up

trace

tell me
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Manager: trace
Assistant Manager: EternalSnowman
Team Name: Sunyshore Snorlaxes
List of Accomplishments: both of us played from blt 3-8, i won blt 4-5, esm won 3 and 5. both of us have played in a lot of smogon pls, esm recently played in bunch of lower tier snake drafts, and i managed vgc winter league into 3rd place.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: we both have the most blt experience combined i believe + have a lot of exps in team tours in general. we also have a great understanding towards tours community and confident that we'd be able to make a great team environment again and be dedicated towards the tournaments.

Manager: Stareal
Assistant Manager: Vaboh
Team Name: Alpha Avaluggs
List of Accomplishments: I've played in SCL and playing current SPL, qualified for OLT, Finals of TLT, made top 8 in Classic, Finals of Bw Cup, won TPP, won Tundra Cup & Charity Bowl and lastly NDWC with a 6-0 record. Vaboh's also played in SCL & playing current SPL, played in 2020 & 2021 WCOP and lastly made semis for the latest sm ribbon & quarters for dpp ribbon.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I've been in the tours community for a while now with this being my 4th or 3rd BLT can remember exactly but always as a player. I would like to change that with having the urge of being a manager and personally believing I can make a positive environment and a winning team. I may lack experience in being a manager but i've been in plenty of team tours learned off other managers to know what to do. Though this would be Vaboh's first time managing tour in Smogon, he has been a manager for plenty of Discord tours and knows how to make an active, friendly and competitive environment.

Last edited:

Nalorium

is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending BW Circuit Champion
World Defender
Manager: Nalorium
Assistant Manager: ArcticBreeze
Team Name: Lilycove City Jirachi :Jirachi:
List of Accomplishments: Nalorium: Long trajectory in team tours, both as manager and player. I've been playing actively in teamtours since 2020 giving always great results and always being active. I have managed RBY PL (3rd Place) -GSC PL (Winner's Twice in a row)-ADV PL- BW PL (Finals). With Latin America I have managed RoaOlympics and RoaWcop. I am currently managing the prestigious UUPL and previously managed UUFPL. In the past I also managed PPL, CPL (Coronavirus PL) and many other important side teamtours. I managed CAPPL reaching finals and currently CAPCL. And PSPL reaching finals as well. In addition to Wcops style tours, I managed OMWC. Among the important tours I have played are RoaPL, NDPL, UUSD, NDMPL (winner), UWC, UUWC, PUWC and NUSD. In conclusion I have a vast experience in teamtours either as a manager or as a player.

Arctic: He also has a great experience in teamtour. He won the NFEPL IV comanaging drafted and was practically the manager who made the finals in the NFEPL V. He won the ADPL 2 and 3 after reaching the finals fo 1. Managed CPL. He has played important tours like UMPL and OMPL. He has also played RBY PL, GSC PL, ADV PL, BSPL, OMWC, DPP PL, NDPL, NUSD, RoaO and RoaPL. Giving excellent results in OMPL, UMPL and AGPL.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: We are very active, we always try to attend as soon as possible to everything that our players or host request. We try to give an excellent atmosphere to the team in which everyone, even if they are not part of the LU, feel included and have a fundamental role in the team. We know perfectly how teamtours work so we know how to adapt to any circumstance. We are very competitive so we will always want the best for the team and we will help them as much as possible. We have a great knowledge of the tiers so we will be able to help in all the slots as well as offer tests and scouts. We will always send the LU on time and give our 110%.

Manager: Nalorium
Assistant Manager: ArcticBreeze
Team Name: Lilycove City Jirachi :Jirachi:
List of Accomplishments: Nalorium: Long trajectory in team tours, both as manager and player. I've been playing actively in teamtours since 2020 giving always great results and always being active. I have managed RBY PL (3rd Place) -GSC PL (Winner's Twice in a row)-ADV PL- BW PL (Finals). With Latin America I have managed RoaOlympics and RoaWcop. I am currently managing the prestigious UUPL and previously managed UUFPL. In the past I also managed PPL, CPL (Coronavirus PL) and many other important side teamtours. I managed CAPPL reaching finals and currently CAPCL. And PSPL reaching finals as well. In addition to Wcops style tours, I managed OMWC. Among the important tours I have played are RoaPL, NDPL, UUSD, NDMPL (winner), UWC, UUWC, PUWC and NUSD. In conclusion I have a vast experience in teamtours either as a manager or as a player.

Arctic: He also has a great experience in teamtour. He won the NFEPL IV comanaging drafted and was practically the manager who made the finals in the NFEPL V. He won the ADPL 2 and 3 after reaching the finals fo 1. Managed CPL. He has played important tours like UMPL and OMPL. He has also played RBY PL, GSC PL, ADV PL, BSPL, OMWC, DPP PL, NDPL, NUSD, RoaO and RoaPL. Giving excellent results in OMPL, UMPL and AGPL.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: We are very active, we always try to attend as soon as possible to everything that our players or host request. We try to give an excellent atmosphere to the team in which everyone, even if they are not part of the LU, feel included and have a fundamental role in the team. We know perfectly how teamtours work so we know how to adapt to any circumstance. We are very competitive so we will always want the best for the team and we will help them as much as possible. We have a great knowledge of the tiers so we will be able to help in all the slots as well as offer tests and scouts. We will always send the LU on time and give our 110%.
I should've wrote this, I knew you were bald but I assumed you knew how to formulate a convincing paragraph better than a 9 yrold. + confirming

Manager: DanDaMan99
Assistant Manager: TBD
Team Name: Fortree City Fennekins
List of achievements and why I'd make a good manager: Roomstaff for period of time, played in 2 versions of BLT (undefeated in regular season) along with numerous other team tours. I have hosted a plaza event in the past successfully, and a long time contributor to that room. Hosted in tours plaza team tour alongside Axcelsior, and as a non-playing manager, made the finals with a great team. Part of two well run BLT teams in the past so know definitely what to expect.

When roomstaff, I offered to manage in the previous versions of BLT, and this rejection spurred me on to further harness the chance that I got as manager in the tours plaza team event (haxed out of winning with the based bunnies :bigsad:) and this positive experience and great team environment makes me think I'd be well suited here. I am applying solo for now due to well, past issues but if staff feel like I require a co with further experience to further consolidate my application, that would be most appreciated. I can promise my activity, and a friendly team environment with a rotating lineup to where everyone gets a chance to thrive, and with me not playing, my focus can be getting the most out of the team and bringing the best possible experience!

swinubfan44

formerly TeamCharm
Manager: TeamCharm (me)
Assistant Manager: Sificon

Team Name: Wintown (shoutout to anyone who knows what game this town is from) Wailmers

WINTOWN WAILMERS

List of Accomplishments:

Sificon is a long time tours player, has played in several BLTs & TLTs, is currently in the winners bracket for GSC OU Seasonal, and managed the bounsweeets for TPP. He’s also a room driver and incredibly active and helpful in the room. We both are familiar with a lot of different people on this site playing extensively in not just the tours room but a large amount of other team tours.

TEAM CHARM (me) has played in one TLT, getting to the final 4, one BLT which I was on the winning team for, made grand slam playoffs last year, nu open finals and played in SCL as well as managing the second place Lopunnys in TPP last year (all in my first year on smogon). I know how fun a great team environment is on the site so I want to make sure I’ll be able to create that again. Yes I retired for a bit now I’m back to win BLT (again).

Why would you make a Good Manager?: Me & sificon would make good managers because we’ve both managed before in which our teams did really well, and we were able to create a great & fun environment for the teams we were on. We are both extremely active and most people can attest to this. BLT as a tour means a lot to the both of us, considering this room is what has made our expirence on this site great so far. Were also both old, experienced and knowledgeable about a plethora of tiers. Having managed for TPP, we both realized we enjoy managing a lot more than just being a player on these teams at this point in time. But were also here to win, know what it takes, have what it takes and would love to have the opportunity to do so. If not that’s completely understandable, as there’s some really great manager pairings so far. But I can guarantee if we are picked we would create the best team environment smogon has ever seen, winning the tour- getting a sick wailmer custom as well as forging some great relationships in the process

Team Name : Driftveil Breakers

Manager : Micoy
Assistant Manager : PokeArt2004♥

List Of Accomplishments :

Micoy:
-BLT VI Champion (Santalune Swamperts, as a sub)
-Top 4 in BSS Masters III
-Managed in BLT VII and BLT VIII
-Managed in TPP I and TPP II
-Hosted TPP III
-Tournaments Room Owner

PokeArt2004:
-Participated in BLT VI, VII, VIII
-Participated in TLT II, III, IV, V
-Made TLT IV Playoffs
-Participated in TPP I, II
-Managed and claimed Runner up in TPP III

Why would we make a good manager duo?

We've both been a part of the Tournaments and Tours Plaza Community for several years now with a good history of participating and even managing in many room events. Both of us now have experience in a managing position, and know the community well enough to formulate a solid draft plan and team with prior knowledge and some research. Both of us having participated in the last 3 BLTs, I believe its safe to say we know how this will work and what should and shouldn't be done. We also have opposite time zones, which will help us cover for more hours of the day.

It is no mystery that PokeArt and I have cooperated before (in our tours podcasts for example) and I feel that there will be no problems in how we work together to manage a team. Between the two of us, I am confident that we be able to create a healthy team environment that is both competitive and fun. The other manager pairings seem intimidating, some with years more experience than us, and they seem like they'll be difficult to beat in competition. That is why we will do our best as managers to keep our teammates motivated even if the matchup seems against us. We may not be the best at playing mons or knowing tiers ourselves, but we will do our utmost to help our team mates and get them support if they need it. With all of these factors, I believe that PokeArt and I will be able to Excadrill to the heavens of this year's BLT!

Let's have a fun one :) (PokeArt2004♥ will make an awesome logo if we get picked!)

Hey guys, after careful examination of each submitted manager pairing by the hosts, these are the duo's that will manage in BLT IX:

Solaceon Solgaleos: PrinceOfAllTacos and Ron
Dressrosa Dracovishes: GXE and blce
Lavender Laprases: mj and Xiri
Santalune Swamperts: TTT x and Gray
Majestic Milotics: crying and ez
Ruin Valley Roserades: PA and kythr
Sunyshore Snorlaxes: trace and EternalSnowman
Jubilife Jirachis: Stareal and Vaboh

Congrats to all of the chosen pairings and good luck managing!

Reminder: The main thread will go up on the 1st of March.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)