Tournament BLT IX: Week 2

BLT Logo.png

S/o Kolohe for the beautiful logo!
Approved by Nol

Welcome to the second week of BLT IX! For this year's format, teams will be fighting in a round robin where every team will play every other team. At the end of the round robin, the top four teams will move on to the playoffs where the first seed will play the fourth seed and the second seed will play the third seed to determine who will be this year’s finalists. A win will be worth 2 points, a draw 1, and a loss 0. Obviously, play on PS! (preferably main or smogtours server). Series are played in a best-of-one.

Basic Tournament Rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done, and I will not be granting any extensions for any reasons. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.
Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this season as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Managers are free to substitute out inactive players at any point during the week with any subs they chose during the draft. Be sure to post in the thread when making a substitution.

Matchups:

roserade.png
VS.png
1653901672113.png

Ruin Valley Roserades (5) vs Jubilife Jirachis (5)

SS Ubers: 7u9i2 vs cy
SS OU: Baloor vs Star
SS OU: Kyo vs Stareal
SS UU: Plas vs Shiba
SS RU: zioziotrip vs jonfilch
SS NU: OnArceus vs Phantomistix
SS PU: Lady Writer vs avarice
SS LC: kythr vs Axelsior
SS DOU: SMB vs jonas
SS Mono: SiceXV vs Maki

Solg.png
VS.png
1653902243754.png

Solaceon Solgaleos (6) vs Dressrosa Dracovishes (4)

SS Ubers: Rhmsitb vs Leru
SS OU: airfare vs clean
SS OU: QWILY vs Xrn
SS UU: ORAS-Mega vs DugZa
SS RU: Floss vs crucify
SS NU: iNasty vs GXE
SS PU: pattek vs Drud
SS LC: frisoeva vs Acehunter1
SS DOU: Shadowmonstr7 vs Z Strats
SS Mono: PrinceOfAllTacos vs Kaguya Lys

1653902529916.png
VS.png
santalune_swamperts_finished.png

Lavender Laprases (8) vs Santalune Swamperts (1)

SS Ubers: Aberforth vs Fc
SS OU: Harshal_08 vs TJ
SS OU: Roginald vs Failures
SS UU: udongirl vs dunoks
SS RU: TheFranklin vs hjkhj
SS NU: Xiri vs TeamCharm
SS PU: tlenit vs Blimax
SS LC: xSkelly34 vs wesh papillon
SS DOU: Actuarily vs Fangame10
SS Mono: maroon vs Plunder

1653902825801.png
VS.png
Laxes Logo.png

Majestic Milotics (3) vs Sunyshore Snorlaxes (7)

SS Ubers: TDR vs Meminger21
SS OU: SpookyZ vs TDNT
SS OU: Spl4sh vs ZoroDark
SS UU: Luthier vs EternalSnowman
SS RU: MichaelderBeste2 vs gorex
SS NU: ez vs GW
SS PU: London13 vs Ninja
SS LC: King Leo V vs tazz
SS DOU: luisin vs Crunchman
SS Mono: AtraX Madara vs Attribute

This week ends 5th June at 11:59PM EST. Good luck everyone!

Spreadsheet

Schedule

Replays and Usage Statistics

Last edited:

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor
4/4 Accuracy
Ubers Predicts Round 2
7u v Cy - Sasha is in upl which means the overall quality of the teams used it to be better, another note that 7u tried to fish last week v michael which has shown that he is daring in his team picks. Nonetheless tho i think sasha is a better player when it comes to in general playing ability and able to close games out easier. 7u has the advantage in terms of overall SS experience, given that sasha is playing bw atm. Another note to this matchup i think is def showing what each player is willing to bring. I dont think either have a massive scout to work with, sasha has some reg for fun games probs? while 7u has previous blt only with w1, w1 doesnt give any usefull info since imo stall is an omega fish and terrible. So i am kinda curious on what both sides might possible bring here.

Rhmsitb v Leru - This matchup is omega heat, Rhm has just qualified for ULT, and is atleast 1 dub up in upl (tho its in usm), while leru has had a somewhat strong start last week with a clean win. I think both sides here are great in terms of in general ubers playing ability, rhm has more ss experience tho i think leru is a little better fundamentally. In general team usage of rhm is a little weird, while leru has shown to be more on the standard stuff side. If i had to give this matchup a 100 call i would def say its like 45-55 ish for leru, given he gets passed good teams again like last week. His advantage is aswell that he can grab teams from upl (aswell as rhm but i think he builds himself) and also get teams from crucify. This is def the highlight of this week and i am looking forward to how this mu unfolds

Aberforth v FC - The 2 ubers tier leaders clashing off, this is a massive prep takes all fest. Both players are very similar in skill level, with both good prep and in general good fundamentals. I think aber tho is slightly better when it comes to prep and knows what is good in alot of matchups, fc i can see going for a more comfortable build in terms of usage in a week like this, where fishing etc isnt really a great option to go for. Aber having qualled for ult means that he has seen alot of wacky shit in ladder from players like Lunala/Ox04 (currently still in open in like t16 or smth) who both has brought some real wack shit towards ult, while fc hasnt played much ss besides for upl and open. And again being of a ssnl win keeps ur hype up high.

TDR v Meminger - I am more of a fan of TDR team usage, i think both are pretty close in skill level, tho meminger is def much better in prep in terms of teams he might possibly bring. I can def see meminger going for a stall fish while TDR might go for his comfortable route of HO, which both are pretty easily expectable for both side. This matchup will def go down towards the teams that are going to be used in prep this week.

Dont take these predicts serious u aint 12. GL to everyone

Predicting for UU because no one would:
Plas vs Shiba
Im defintely rooting for Plas here even though he might seem more on the underdog side going into this. Plas has good fundamentals and has really impressed me while playing to qualify for BLT. Personally I also donot really know anything abt the “Shiba” lore so take me with a grain of salt here.

ORAS-mega vs Dugza
Dugza had great showings in some uu team tours and in general is a really solid player in every department of play. It was an investment for the Dracovishes which probably will pay off. ORAS-mega to my knowledge only participated in like a few previous BLTs and although is also experienced in uu i see dugza winning here

Udongirl vs Dunoks (unbiased)
Dunoks is better because every knows mega meta gross is just so broken in gen 6 ou plz ban. On a serious note, i think both are really solid uu players and both did qualify for UULT. Still feel that Dunoks just is the more experienced player and more familiar with the meta. Im not very sure abt how good udongirl is at uu and im doubtful at most. Dunoks is also the most “morbid” time guy ever

Luthier vs EternalSnowman

I have not really seen eternalsnowman play but i could say with confidence that Luthier goat will take the w. luthier is like one of the best current players and will probably continue to stay that way. He could play almost any tier and I am also a big fan of the way he plays. His positioning and predictions are also really on point.

TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF Salt I dont watch smogon matches and take careful watch of uu tours at 2am so it mighit not be the most accurate (except dunoks one no offense to udon)

Ruin Valley Roserades (3) vs Jubilife Jirachis (7)

SS Ubers: 7u9i2 vs cy- slay
SS OU: Baloor vs Star- wcop loor kinda brazy, playing top of the ou pool this week tho
SS OU: Kyo vs Stareal- honestly pretty high on stareal lately, kyo can play really well so this should be fun
SS UU: Plas vs Shiba- another really fun one, plas is really good but probably slightly less experienced in ss (rooting for plas tho)
SS RU: zioziotrip vs jonfilch- could be another really fun one, pretty high on jon though
SS NU: OnArceus vs Phantomistix- sorry phantom, could be close but gotta take onarc
SS PU: Lady Writer vs avarice- should be another close one, pandaman is super cool but ill take ava slightly
SS LC: kythr vs Axelsior- pains me to pick kyth
SS DOU: SMB vs jonas- jonas showed he can play but smb should be better here prob
SS Mono: SiceXV vs Maki- Maki!

Realistically this probably wont be 7-3 but w.e

Lavender Laprases (4) vs Santalune Swamperts (5)

SS Ubers: Aberforth vs Fc- good game, ive heard a lot of good things ab aber though
SS OU: Harshal_08 vs TJ- should be closer than ppl expect, tj should take it though (gotta root for the ex-turtwig tho)
SS OU: Roginald vs Failures- pogi
SS UU: udongirl vs dunoks- should be a good game between two people who are active in UU (gotta root for the ex-turtwig again though)
SS RU: TheFranklin vs hjkhj- nice win and confidence booster for theo last week, arce is a close friend and prob top of the pool though
SS NU: Xiri vs TeamCharm- super excited to see this, TC brough some crack last week but it was pretty good. Can def win this if he wants it hard enough which he should (go turts)
SS PU: tlenit vs Blimax- really dont know how much either care ab this tour or pu at the moment, both are really good players when they try though so *shrug*
SS LC: xSkelly34 vs wesh papillon- skelly prob shoulda won last week, sorta a 50.50 game
SS DOU: Actuarily vs Fangame10- actuarily should be better in ss, could be good
SS Mono: maroon vs Plunder- prob an underdog pick in this mu but i think plunder can take it

Blce's vs Poat's
SS Ubers: Rhmsitb vs Leru
SS OU: airfare vs clean- get good
SS OU: QWILY vs Xrn
SS UU: ORAS-Mega vs DugZa
SS RU: Floss vs crucify
SS NU: iNasty vs GXE
SS PU: pattek vs Drud
SS LC: frisoeva vs Acehunter1
SS DOU: Shadowmonstr7 vs Z Strats- repeat of tiebreaks w
SS Mono: PrinceOfAllTacos vs Kaguya Lys- poat more like woat (until next week)

Majestic Milotics (4) vs Sunyshore Snorlaxes (5)

SS Ubers: TDR vs Meminger21- no idea. meminger seems nice though
SS OU: SpookyZ vs TDNT- should be a close one, 51.49 type of game
SS OU: Spl4sh vs ZoroDark- another one i dont feel sure ab at all, both really good players w lower experience in ss ou? not sure tbh
SS UU: Luthier vs EternalSnowman- luth is rlly good, excited to see old tours goons go at it tho
SS RU: MichaelderBeste2 vs gorex- Mb2 is rlly good and gorex curses out blt w his entire being
SS NU: ez vs GW- why is ez in nu? does ez play nu? idk hes pretty good so..51.49
SS PU: London13 vs Ninja- ninja's been rlly good in pu recently
SS LC: King Leo V vs tazz- one of the top lc players
SS DOU: luisin vs Crunchman- idrk, should likely be close
SS Mono: AtraX Madara vs Attribute- atrax can play mono but gotta go w attribute, one of the top if not top mono in this pool

i likely wont be making as much blt content as before, but tomorrow ill be doing a stream going over the (un)official BLT PR made by the collective opinions of the managers. it'll be over on my twitch channel starting at 1pm pst, and ill upload the VOD to youtube later for those who miss it/can't make it.

swinubfan44

formerly TeamCharm
HL MATCHES-

OU: BALOOR vs StarMaster-
Baloor upset Star in LC open, can he do it again here? Baloor seems to play very well vs strong opponents and not so well vs bad opponents, so I think this is closer than a lot of people would think + Star is probably a bit more focused on playing Empo where baloor will be forcing me to run 5000 test games with him for this game.

CLEAN CUTS vs AIREFAIRE-
Seems as Nick is still hurting from his abysmal Italian Premiere league performance with a tough loss last week at the hands of ZoroDark. I heard he was making a trip to the Sistine Chapel this week to atone for his sins, so if he follows through on this I think he will win here.

UU
Dunoks
vs Udongirl-
Both players have byes for UULT this week so they can put everything into focusing on this game. Will Udongirl win again with a random choice locked utility mon? Will they play before the deadline? Will Lvl 1 Tog be making an appearance? Many questions will be answered soon. I’m excited to watch this game (Dunoks will win)

NU

GXE vs INASTY
MalMoonsault is out and INASTY hailing from a place I never knew existed is now in. Albeit Mal didn’t play bad last week, Xiri just played better, so POAT must have some witchcraft up his sleeve putting INASTY in here. GXE hasn’t lost a BLT match since last year Vs Royal Reloaded (who was also on POATS team) so I think he may be due for a loss here if POAT can conjure up some random unset set up mon that beats GXEs usual stuff.

edit- Mauritius actually looks like a beautiful place - might need to go with all the money I won from wesh papillon from beating him at smash

DOU

Crunchman
vs Mamalu Luisin
Where is the DOU goat Mamalu :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)