Tournament BLT V: 'Best Leaderboarders' Tournament

When will the BLT start? In these days I’m not online on showdown many times, so I’d like to know when to connect more frequently.

I'm a sub but I just wanted to post my tiers (this is somewhat in order, but I really only feel like I can't learn one of them quickly with the right team)
:
OU, UU and RU: I have a team I'm comfortable with in all of them, working on learning more teams, both samples and my own ideas
DOU: I'm kinda picky about doubles teams, just because I'm not necessarily a doubles player, but half of my points were DOU so I might've found at least one team I am good with
Ubers: my current team has Goth, so I've been trying to use Dusk Mane Necrozma as a replacement, seems to be working, but I'm open to building another team.
Monotype: I feel like my points could've been higher if my friend passed me his team sooner, but I really like it.
NU: Samples are really out of date so I could probably use some help. That said, my gimmicky teams actually got me points in 2/6 tours, so take that for what you will.
LC: do not put me in this, just don't lol. I can use a sample and get through like half of a tournament, but it's clear that I'm just clicking things if I get matched with somebody good. I won't refuse to play, but uh, help is very much necessary if I'm to play LC lol.

Reactions: Kyo
Luthier and I did a BLT Player Rankings (not including managers), just for fun, enjoy you guys! Also try not to take anything too personally, especially if I don't know you too well as these rankings are just reflections on my experience with your play. (Also they are just for fun!)

EternalSnowman you’re probably right saying I’m not a good player, but if I should beat you it would be funny lol

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In as sub just in case ig I'm barely lit. Can help build and stuff in the background in Monotype, LC, NU, and Ubers while also subbing for these tiers if need be. Really only posting cuz no one knows that barely lit was me lol.
Screenshot_2018-07-04-08-43-31.png

Luthier and I did a BLT Player Rankings (not including managers), just for fun, enjoy you guys! Also try not to take anything too personally, especially if I don't know you too well as these rankings are just reflections on my experience with your play. (Also they are just for fun!)
OM Grand Slam Winner> OST Winner.

also don't even doubt the zams will have an undefeated NU Slot, they are gonna get support from the goat..

Is there any way there can be a compromise to make BLT a little longer while also not completely destroying the plan put in place for group play in this iteration of BLT?

I propose an elongated playoff format where instead of 4 teams making it to playoffs, 6 teams make it to playoffs: the top 2 teams from each division get a bye to the semi finals, and the 2nd and 3rd place teams duke it out in the "quarter finals"

This would help stretch out BLT giving more of the players more of a fulfilling BLT experience, while also granting more excitement over the extra 2 playoff spots. There still remains some exclusivity to playoffs while making the BLT rounds more engaging for more players.

I was spit-balling this and although I got absolutely no support from anyone that heard this idea, I think it's worth posting

Ok so, while this idea is great, unfortunately this has been brought up too late for this to be implemented properly. As it was stated earlier in this thread

I understand it's a little underwhelming this year, but unfortunately we had some complications finding a host that forced us to push qualifying cycles back a month. As much as I'd like to give the participants exactly what they want, we're now left with a pretty tight time constraint when it comes to future event scheduling. An extended BLT would screw with TLT this year, and that's something we didn't want to happen.
Thank you for the suggestion of a format but as stated, due to time constraints and how late that it was suggested before the tour start. We might bring this format up for next year to implement it.

Throwing this out there just because I think my characterization as a player in this video is partially inaccurate. First, I do not believe that I have attitude issues Granted I'd imagine that most people who do have attitude issues might also share that sentiment about themselves, so I guess my opinion about myself isn't a particularly strong argument. Second, I also do in fact build my own teams, at least in OU. I'm not particularly flexible in other tiers admittedly, which is why for qualifying I use sample teams a lot, so the secondary criticism is definitely at least partially valid.

That being said, the draft is tomorrow. I look forward to playing with/against you guys for the next few months. Hope everyone has fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)