Tournament BLT VI: 'Best Leaderboarders' Tournament!

Hey all,

Apoloigies in the lateness for the posting of the pools but they are as follows and this will also be the round one matchups as well.

Sword Conference

Snowbelle Stuffuls VS White Forest Weaviles

Azalea Alakazams VS Santalune Swamperts

Shield Conference

Sunyshores Snorlaxes VS Hearthome Heatrans

Bobby Blue Blastoises VS Rustboro Reshirams

Sorry there are no bells and whistles on this post but it needed to be done Asap, Managers please organise your lineups and message Jasprose or myself with them so we can get W1 posted and ready to start.

Thanks all and Hax be with you.

Since for some reason no one made some yet, I welcome you back to the 100% accurate and god-like MJ power rankings. If you don't want to be spoiled by this years BLT results, you should stop reading here. To quote myself from last year: "I'm gonna leave out my team (Azalea Alakazams) for this, because we all know which place it would get. :psywoke:"

You better all like this already before even reading it because it's the only entertainment you get anyway before Round 1 finally goes up.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bw/stufful.png
Snowbelle Stuffuls
| Managers: Plas and Raj.Shoot

Predicted line-up:
  • Ubers - t0te
  • OU - gxe
  • UU - arce9
  • RU - EpicBoost
  • NU - Snofall
  • PU - Plimsoll Punks
  • LC - Raj.Shoot
  • DOU - boyn
So one of the reasons I ranked the Stuffuls last is that I could barely figure out where to slot each player in. While they have 2 very good players in gxe and Snofall, both can not be called auto wins in their tiers. After those the next decent players in their line up are Raj, arce and Plimsoll Punks, all of them are expected to finish with about an even record, which is just not good enough to win BLT. If t0te and EpicBoost manage to change up their usual team and playstyle, together with boyn being a hidden gem, they might be able to reach the playoffs at least. But hey, last year I ranked Plas' team #1 and they finished last, this year I ranked them last and they will finish #?? :blobthinking:

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bw/blastoise.png
Blobby Blue Blastoises
| Managers: Silverwhiteblue and Robb576

Predicted line-up:
  • Ubers - Reje
  • OU - tragoedius re
  • UU - faheata
  • RU - keeping it icy
  • NU - xskelly
  • PU - jackinmybox
  • LC - princeofalltacos
  • DOU - havens n_n
Next up are the Blastoises. The only team without a playing manager, which already puts them in a disadvantage compared to the other teams. Their "star" player leading the line is Reje. A very brave choice, considering how moody he can be and how most of his success comes from oras rather than SM. Most likely not going to provide his team with any help in other tiers too. Despite all that he is a very competent player who will challenge anyone in the ubers tier. The reason I ranked them higher than the Stuffuls is that their overall quality of players is higher, looking how jackinmybox or poat, who are both decent players, are their "worst". Theres a big burden on faheata, kic and xskelly to carry the team, which I doubt they can do. Especially since both managers are out of touch with competitive mons and will not be able to provide enough support.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bw/weavile.png
White Forest Weavile
| Managers: Ninjadog13 and Negatory

Predicted line-up:
  • Ubers - lkap
  • OU - Chaitanya
  • UU - Alternatif
  • RU - gg I guess lmao
  • NU - Peachyclouds
  • PU - Serene Grace
  • LC - Ninjadog
  • DOU - SurfyTeen
Ok, now we are talking. Before I start, rank #5 to #3 are all so close, they might as well be swapped around, but I had to decide so :mehowth:
We can already see multiple high caliber players here. Chaitanya, Ninjadog and Serene Grace will all be considered favourites most of the time and are expected to only drop one game during the tournament. I have seen too little from SurfyTeen and gg I guess lmao (BLT's best name of the year award goes to them though lmao) to judge how well they will be doing, but looking at their competition in RU and DOU, it doesnt look too good for them. Lkap might be able to repeat his success from last year and cheese-win another game. Focal point here will be whether or not Alternatif and Peachyclouds can turn up for their team. However I can't see them winning the whole thing.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bw/swampert.png
Santalune Swamperts
| Managers: Roseybear and TheWall

Predicted line-up:
  • Ubers - hello n00b
  • OU - halaman95
  • UU - imjustgray
  • RU - de welsm muur
  • NU - 3.14dgeot-Mega
  • PU - OminousDraco
  • LC - ok132
  • DOU - TTT x
From Poliwrath to Swampert, a slight downgrade in mon and team as well. Nevertheless still powerful with people like The Wall, OD and VGC god TTT x leading the line. We can only wait and see how TTT x will perform vs real DOU players like SMB and "he who must not be named". Other than that, the Swamperts have some rather unknown players like ok132 and hello n00b and imjustgray. However from what I've seen, all very capable and able to go even at the end of the day. What ranks them outside of the top 2 is the missing consistency and uncertainty of said players. Both managers have a competitive nature in them though, which makes the team more threatening than it looks.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bw/reshiram.png
Rustboro Reshirams
| Managers: King Leo V and London13

Predicted line-up:
  • Ubers - ptoad
  • OU - maroon
  • UU - Michielleus
  • RU - Karolynia
  • NU - Skipkan
  • PU - jeran
  • LC - Mikaav
  • DOU - london13
This song describes my feelings about this team the best
You look at the individual players and you go :blobthumbsup:, then you look at the tiers and realize there aren't 3 LC slots and you go :blobsad:. Like ESM already said in his video, they approached the draft by drafting 8 good players, instead of a few top ones, which in my opinion you only do if you want bank on high rolling your way to victory. That being said, this is what makes them unpredictable and dangerous, they are easily able to win against the best, but also the worst teams. Personally Im excited to see how this type of draft turns out because you don't see that very often.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bw/heatran.png
Hearthome Hamslams | Managers: frisoeva and Jrdn

Predicted line-up:
  • Ubers - Terracotta zygod
  • OU - Frisoeva
  • UU - Lugia_Numair / Hamslam
  • RU - Spitfire Arcanine / Hamslam
  • NU - ve / Hamslam
  • PU - RichardPepper / Hamslam
  • LC - Princess Ham <3
  • DOU - Shadowmonstr7 /Hamslam
Welcome to the top 2, make yourself comfortable and get ready to be HAMSLAMMED.

..God damn, how do you win vs Terracotta, Friso and 6xHam? ..Fuck.
VS

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/bw/snorlax.png
Sunyshore Snorlax
| Managers: trace and EternalSnowman

Predicted line-up:
  • Ubers - Mysterious M
  • OU - DenisTheMenace
  • UU - EternalSnowman
  • RU - Tom Bugen
  • NU - Sanjay
  • PU - Sificon
  • LC - Ronman5
  • DOU - "he who must not be named"
Well once again, trace managed to draft a hell of a team. Im not too sure how they will line-up their UU/PU/LC and where ESM will play, but either way they will be a pain to beat. Nothing much to say here, by far the scariest team to face alongside the Heatrans. I just hope the zams get their revenge in playoffs
:mad:

ZAMSLAM

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)